Who is your favorite X-writer?

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

If've they written a spinoff, they're in, people like Scott Lobell, Chris Claremont, Alan Davis, Peter David, Grant Morrison, Chuck Austen, Kyle and Yost etc. Who is your favorite writer.

I'd have to pick PAD as my favorite writer of the X, with his work on X-Factor(2nd and 3rd series) and the Madrox miniseries, I really can't see Madrox or Strong Guy written by anyone else other than him, also he likes to bowl, yah bowling!

Other writers that I like are Scott Lobell(sp?) and Kyle and Yost. Lobell for his work on the X-titles in the 90's and Kyle and Yost for their work on NXM and X-23.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Is this...now or ever?

Cause, either way, Judd Winick...
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

I knew you'd say that Nacht, I have yet to read the greatness of Winick....:(
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Dude, I posted an entire ISSUE in the Nocturne thread! Hop to it!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Oh, Issue 16? I read that....
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Grant Morrison.

PAD's characters are brilliant.

Scott Lobdell was (is?) a good solid writer, nothing too exciting though. Same with Alan Davis, who is better on art. I liked the team that was on NXM before Kyle and Yost.

I'm going to check out Carey's X-Men. Back when I cared, before they announced Milligan was getting the book, I was hoping he would get it. He's done some great non-X stuff.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Nemesis
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nemesis »

My favorite X-Writers are the following:

Grant Morrison for his work in New X-Men

Fabian Nicieza for X-Men (2nd series), Cable's old ongoing, and Cable & Deadpool

Scott Lobdell for Uncanny X-Men, Generation Next, and The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix.

Frank Tieri for his work in Wolverine (2nd series) and Weapon X (2nd series).

Peter Miiligan for X-Force/X-Statix, the Archangel one-shot, and the Wolverine/Doop mini-series.

And then there be Joe Casey for his writings in Uncanny X-men.
Originally posted by confusedelf
I'd have to pick PAD as my favorite writer of the X, with his work on X-Factor(2nd and 3rd series)
Peter David didn't write the second X-Factor series, it was Jeff Jensen.

[Edited on 26-5-2006 by Nemesis]
Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Doh.....I meant the first series 72-89....never read the second
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Joss Whedon- Astonishing is my favorite book, so I guess it's only proper that I give the man some recognition..

Chuck Austen- I've read quite a few issues from his run and I really liked his style and his arcs

Chris Claremont- Nothing really to say to justify this other than Uncanny is what it is thanks to this man.. love him or hate him, you've got to respect the man for adding so much history to the book and the X-Men universe as a whole..
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Bah to honourable mentions for historic contributions.

Fabian Nicieza (I'll assume you spelled it right) was a good solid superhero writer. What the hell happened to him? That Gambit series... was um.. I liked it.

Frank Tieri and Sean Chen had the hottest Wolverine ever. Really. I know he's just this gross short hairy little man, yet they somehow made him hot. Thumbs up in my books. Sean Chen drew more faces than blank and angry for him. He looked downright vulnerable at times. Okay, most of the time. Good stuff.

I don't get Milligan. :(

Haven't read Astonishing. Just. Don't. Care. I lost interest in his TV shows before they ended too. Oh well.

No mention of Gail Simone yet? FOR. SHAME. Agent X. It has an X in it, so it is an X-Book. Fuck, that was some good shit. I know you all read it, dammit. How could we forget? Panty man. I'm going to read it again right now.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
darkangel
Lubber
Lubber

Post by darkangel »

[spoiler]i went to see the movie x3 is awsome 3 characters will take the cure -rogue(volontarely).mystique and magneto acccidetly. also 3 characters will die in this one . jean/pheonix- scott/cyclops- professor x. go sse it its damn worth it1!!!![/spoiler]

Edited by Mod, please be curteous to those of us who have not seen the film and use spoiler tags. Thank you.

[Edited on 27/5/06 by NachtcGleiskette]
nightcrawler rocks!!!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Alkuperäinen postittaja darkangel
****spoilers****
Before: Thank you so f**king much for telling this to me and everyone else who havent seen it yet. Thats like stuff worth of being banned.

Now: thank you for editing that.

[Muokattu 27/5/06 Lähettäjä: Crocodile Hunter]
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

And what does this have to do with people who write the X-Men comic books, please delete this post or put it in spoilers so not to ruin the movie for people who haven't see it.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Oh God.. twice in the course of two minutes?? Someone might have a death wish:doh!:bamf