(new) X-Factor

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

(new) X-Factor

Post by Confizzle »

X-Factor has sprung from the Madrox series which was based on Jamie Madrox opening up a detective agency in Mutant town with his friends Guido and Rahne. Now that he's got his own series he's had a bit of an upgrade in building and staff size.

On X-Factor are: Jamie, Guido, Rahne, M, Rictor, Siryn, and "little miss plot device" Lalya Miller.

I enjoy the books and the art is great and it helps that Madrox is one of my favorite mutants.

So has anyone else read this and what are your comments.
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

(new) X-Factor

Post by idsunki »

This book is pretty sweet. It's hard to recommend it enough, and I love Layla's dialogue (very tongue-in-cheek) - "I'm Layla Miller. I know stuff!"

If you guys are the comic-buying type, I'd certainly recommend it.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

(new) X-Factor

Post by Diablo »

PAD is excellent. :worship

What's incredible is that Madrox and Fallen Angel -who both didn't sell very well- are back with a vengeance.
Champagne ! :)

Since the Nightcrawler ongoing has disappeared, X-Factor is for me the best Marvel series these days -along with She-Hulk.
The X-Factor mutants aren't the ones I like the most, but you know what they say : a talented writer is able to make you like any fictional character he/she wants.
I must admit that Madrox is quite fascinating now. And let's face it : nobody knows how to write Strong Guy but PAD !
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

(new) X-Factor

Post by Confizzle »

I hereby start a Multiple Man fan club... he has one of the best powers out there yet he was underused in Evo and the comics. I can't wait to get issue #3.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

(new) X-Factor

Post by Diablo »

The only writer to care about this character is Peter David.
www.atlantys.biz

Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

(new) X-Factor

Post by Confizzle »

Well I'm wondering about if they'll do anything about the Jamie/Siryn romance because Siryn did have a brief romance with on of Jamie's renegade dups who went to New York with her to find Sunspot but when it turned out that it was a dupe she had a falling out with the real Jamie.(complicated isn't it) I think it would be an interesting side story but that's just me.
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

(new) X-Factor

Post by chicory »

Jamie really won me over in his solo-book :)

Image Image
I'm glad he gets to be part of X-factor. (I'll have to add it to my list of books to check out)

[Edited on 28/1/06 by chicory]
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

(new) X-Factor

Post by Confizzle »

X-Factor issue 3

As usual X-Factor has done a great job with impressing me, but issue 3 has been the best so far. They made Lalya Miller into a great character!!! I was annoyed when I heard she was part of the team but she has a place... and at the end of the comic she was downright creepy...in a good way.

So I can't wait for X-Factor #4 and I was interested that [spoiler] Lalya is keeping X-Factor from knowing what happened on M-Day[/spoiler]
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

(new) X-Factor

Post by chicory »

I wish they had X-factor in the bookstores in my area but they don't. I really like the sound of it though (especially after the miniseries)

They really made Layla into a real character? What can she do other then remind people of forgotten realities?

Layla.... that reminds me and I'm not sure where else to post this. Everyone probably already knows about Matt Gardner's X-men movies - but the third installment of the House of M parody just went up not that long ago - and Layla's in it. (She's not Jamie, but I guess she has something to do with X-factor) :)
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

(new) X-Factor

Post by Confizzle »

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Feb_ ... eviews.htm <-preview for X-Factor 3#

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/character ... dAuto=2023 <-what layla miller's power's are...or in other words "she knows stuff.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

(new) X-Factor

Post by Angelique »

Now I'm not sure it can be strictly said that Jamie ever had a solo book! (Ducks and runs)
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

(new) X-Factor

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

That's like saying Nightcrawler didn't have a solo book cause Kitty and Wolverine showed up to help. He's got his name in the title, so it is what is known as a "solo book."

This book is so incredibly well done. Everyone should buy it. I just read the first four issues, and all the characters are great, there is a plot, and it has a guy dressed as a wizard.

Brilliant dialogue. Genius. Now I know why PAD has such a following.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

(new) X-Factor

Post by Angelique »

Drastic, I don't think you got the joke.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

(new) X-Factor

Post by Confizzle »

Another one converted :eeevil

We, the X-Factor lovers, shall call ourselves the Madri(waits for people to get the joke...)
Tyros
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

(new) X-Factor

Post by Tyros »

I have been converted as well....I am totally loving X-Factor!
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

(new) X-Factor

Post by Confizzle »

X-Factor #5 comes out today, y'all better go get it soon, I'm getting it tomorrow.

Y'all defenity need to get it now, I'm in the letters page :party :party, mine is the second letter.

[Edited on 3/24/2006 by confusedelf]
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

(new) X-Factor

Post by Confizzle »

Double Post Dementia!!!

Confizzle's review for X-Factor 1-6.

First off PAD's X-Factor was what got me into comics, so that's why I like Multiple Man quite a bit.

Anyway X-Factor is the ongoing series based on the Madrox miniseries which had Madrox, Strong Guy, and Rhane working as detectives in Mutant Town.

Now with X-Factor coming in, add Siryn, Monet, a depowered Rictor, and Layla Millar, stir well, and you've got a great X-book.

PAD has used a bit of the humor that made his first run on X-Factor succesful, while keeping a film noir feel. He's writen Madrox very well , boys and girls, Chris Claremont may have created Madrox, but PAD is his real daddy. Seriously PAD rescused him from "one man army man" that he was in X-Corps and X-Corperation (Looking at you Casey and Morrison) and turned him back into the character we knew and loved X-Factor 72-100.

I really enjoyed Ryan Sook's art, it had the shadows down for the film noir feel. Combined with the writing put this on top of my favorites right at the first issue, PAD showed his skill with B and C listed characters by making Layla Miller from that "damn plot device" from HoM to a rather popular character.(She electrocuded a guy!) X-Factor's main nemises is Singularity Investigations, who have been interesting so far, on e of them beat the crap outta Siryn, so Strong Guy and Jamie went to threaten him. While I'm not too big a fan of Calero I still love this book and can't wait for X-Factor 7 tomorrow.

Altogether an A for the series sofar.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

(new) X-Factor

Post by Confizzle »

Triple Post Trifecta, seriously someone else post in this thread.....

Confizzle's Review for X-Factor #7 “Two Meetings, One in Person, One Not” (some spoilers)

This is the best X-book out there, better than Astonishing, better than Adjectivless, better than Uncanny, this is what a comic should be, it's a simply as that. When you buy X-Factor you are not throwing 2.99 down the drain for a mediocre comic, you're getting a great deal.

X-Factor #7 continues to be the combination of film noir and humor that has served him well in the previous six comics. This issue deals with Banshee’s death, but not in a “Everyone is sad and angsting” way but more of a “Sad, but not overly” even a bit satirical at sometimes.

The art grew on me in the comic while it's not as good as Ryan Sook I prefer it over Calero, while it seemed hit or miss as the quality fluxed in the book I loved the interpretation of Madrox, Siryn, and the rest.

This issue focuses on Siryn and Madrox, Siryn of course dealing with her father’s death. While Madrox is off at a meeting with Damian Tryp Sr. & Jr. needless to say it does not go well but it does advance the plot in leaps and bounds. Rictor and Layla take a huge step into the background from the previous comics also the rest of the cast appearing on two pages but gives us some very good dialogue.

Quotes: “If Nostradamus was reborn as Wednesday Addams that’d be her” Siryn about Layla
“Half the X-Teams are always mouring the other half thinking they’re dead” Siryn
“Wow, Denial, really isn’t just a river in Egypt.” Monet about Siryn

Three Reasons to buy this comic
1. Banshee riding off into the sunset
2. Madrox gets thrown out of a skyscraper
3. Siryn is right about X-deaths

Rating system out of 10

Plot-9
Dialogue-10
Art-8

Numbers of X-Factor and NEX since they both started at the same time.
New Excalibur
November 05 #1 58,300 27th
December 05 #2 48,800 36th
January 06 #3 47,200 29th
Febuary 06 #4 45,100 35th
March 06 #5 43,500 49th
April 06 #6 40,700 49th

X-Factor
December05 #1 56,100 32nd
#2 45,000 41st
Feburary 06 #3 48,300 32nd
March 06 #4 48,100 40th
#5 46,500 44th
April 06 #6 45,200 42nd

[Edited on 5/30/2006 by confusedelf]
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

(new) X-Factor

Post by idsunki »

Alright, so who read the Civil War tie-in? This is probably the least 'new reader friendly' CW tie-in so far, but holy crap was it awesome! I'll let someone else do a real review of it, but if you've been liking the series so far, the new issue doesn't disappoint.

Layla Miller as [spoiler]Quicksilver's nemesis?[/spoiler] Too cool!
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

(new) X-Factor

Post by Confizzle »

Damn id, beat me too it, this issue rocks Calero finally got the noir feel that Sook had down for me, and [spoiler] Siryn "seducing" Spiderman[/spoiler] :LOL I'll write a full review later.
Sephy
Lubber
Lubber

(new) X-Factor

Post by Sephy »

Originally posted by confusedelf
Damn id, beat me too it, this issue rocks Calero finally got the noir feel that Sook had down for me, and [spoiler] Siryn "seducing" Spiderman[/spoiler] :LOL I'll write a full review later.

That has to be the best bit so far. I had never read XF until now and I am enjoying every minute.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

(new) X-Factor

Post by Confizzle »

Okay this hasn't been posted in for a while.....anyway I read a preview for issue 10 and I loved it, well mainly because my favorite character [spoiler] got laided, with two ladies no less :LOL[/spoiler] X-Factor's going to go head to head againest Singularity in what looks like a show down for the ages, and Layla gets more good lines, altogether a good issue.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

(new) X-Factor

Post by Diablo »

#10 was an excellent issue indeed. Dark, funny, really surprising and... OMG, the ending ! I really didn't see that coming. Peter David, you're da man ! :worship
www.atlantys.biz

Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

(new) X-Factor

Post by Feuerstein »

HULLO. It's been nearly a year since anyone's talked about this TOTALLY AWESOME BOOK. X-factor is easily my favorite title at the moment. This latest issue, though my friend compared it to "Days of Our Lives," kicked butt. (And he actually did like it.)

I've already ranted about it twice on different boards, so here I'll just say I love the humanity of the characters, love that they are allowed to just be people since they're B-listers, and I love how the females are portrayed. No Psylockes or Emma Frosts, just normal young women who happen to be superheroes. And Jamie is just so interesting all the time. Other characters I've never cared about, like Rahne and Guido, are really growing on me. (But I'm really apathetic towards Rictor...) And despite how many complaints there are about Layla, whether you like her or not, X-factor is still fantastic. This book really delivers.

I can't be the only one who thinks so, can I???
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

(new) X-Factor

Post by Slarti »

You are not at all alone in the X-Factor appreciation. I loved the last issue, and I still say X-Factor 16 was one of the best single X-related issues I’ve read in a looooong time. I thought Jamie Madrox was duller than dishwater until this series, and the supporting cast? Though I’ve always had a soft spot for Rahne I’d barely read the rest in anything else since I never read X-Force or Gen X. Guido is still not too impressive, but he’s growing on me. The rest of the established cast is great. Siryn and M are fantastic and I actually like that they’re keeping depowered Rictor around.

And how crazypants is Quicksilver? Hee!

I haven’t seen much of Layla Miller yet, but she’s had a few good lines – enough to keep me curious.