new max range

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
john117
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

new max range

Post by john117 »

ok something that i descovered to day quote for uncanny x-men 468"it's fifty-plus miles from the x-mansion to here" "nightcrawler made the jump in one heroic teleport" "sam guthrie takes just a little bit longer"
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

new max range

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by john117
ok something that i descovered to day quote for uncanny x-men 468"it's fifty-plus miles from the x-mansion to here" "nightcrawler made the jump in one heroic teleport" "sam guthrie takes just a little bit longer"
That must have nearly killed the poor boy...unless :scratch he's figured out a way to use his powers differently...like his daddy did...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

new max range

Post by DeeJay »

I wonder if this will be discussed and incorporated or just dismissed in the future.
john117
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

new max range

Post by john117 »

i dont know :? thats why i put it here:)
the next issue might address it
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

new max range

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

That's a pretty big change.. last I heard, his limit was somewhere around four miles..:bamf
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

new max range

Post by Confizzle »

Has Nightcrawler been taking steroids? ;) now we need the Congress to put more important things on hold to have a hearing.
john117
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

new max range

Post by john117 »

not a hearing :surprise

has anyone else read the comic or am i the only one

[Edited on 1/20/200606 by john117]

[Edited on 1/21/200606 by john117]
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

new max range

Post by idsunki »

I read it. I'll spare my usual Claremont rant and just say that it probably won't be mentioned again. I'm guessing it was an editorial mistake letting a teleport that far go, and it was just rationalized away this issue.

Sort of a 'retractable tail' thing, just not as original.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

new max range

Post by Nandireya »

This isn't the first time Kurt's managed a massive teleport...he jumped from Paris to Germany with Chamber in tow...which apparently was aided by his dear old dad...perhaps Azzy passed that knowledge on to his baby boy?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

new max range

Post by idsunki »

I think there's a bit of a difference between the two situations. I'm not saying you're wrong, mind you. Your theory has at least as much a chance as mine as being correct, if not more.

The difference I see though, is that when he jumped all the way to Europe, he was with Chamber (a huge power source), the Blackbird was exploding (more potential energy to use), and apparently a really ancient mutant was helping him. The one in Uncanny is just a "I have to save my friends!" moment, which he could just as easily do a bunch of multiple jumps to get there. It would have only taken a few more seconds.

We'll just have to wait and see if it ever gets mentioned again.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
john117
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

new max range

Post by john117 »

i was re reading it and it seams like he did the jump in the issue before to help rachiel and grabed kity and psylock then made the jump 50 miles the the house while the other x-men got ready and arived about 24 seconds later when cannonball came
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

new max range

Post by chicory »

Originally posted by Nandireya
This isn't the first time Kurt's managed a massive teleport...he jumped from Paris to Germany with Chamber in tow...
He did do that in one jump, didn't he? But, I thought it really knocked him out when he did.

It's nice when the writers follow the established rules, but - with all the second mutations and the evolution of mutant powers over a characters life-time - it makes sense that his powers might be increasing along with everyone elses.
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
john117
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

new max range

Post by john117 »

true sort of he didnt louse counsenus when he did it this time he put them on the roof and then went back for reinforcements but hit the force field and wasnt harmed one bit
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

new max range

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I'm sure with years of training, he has been able to stretch the limits of his powers (like teleporting to Limbo) but I think 50 miles is a pretty big thing for them not to have mentioned before:bamf
john117
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

new max range

Post by john117 »

i know hopefully they will mention it in the next issue;pant
john117
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

new max range

Post by john117 »

Originally posted by idsunki
I read it. I'll spare my usual Claremont rant and just say that it probably won't be mentioned again. I'm guessing it was an editorial mistake letting a teleport that far go, and it was just rationalized away this issue.

Sort of a 'retractable tail' thing, just not as original.

you were right this makes me mad they didnt mention the huge jump at all in the next issue :yell