Help...having trouble accessing U2U board and Smilies!

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by StarChild »

Northstar or anybody...is it my new PC or is anybody else having problems with U2U board and Smilies?? It says I am having server problems! My PC has only been running for 8 days now!! Is it me or the server?

Aufmerksamkeit, Northstar! Ich muss helfen! Bitte???

It says the page cannot be displayed! :bawl

:yech

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

I'm getting the same thing when I try to access the smilies (so it's not just your computer) The smilies seem to work if you type them in though

:storm :nocturne :bamf

I'm not sure about the u2u thing since I don't know what that does...
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by StarChild »

Yep! Tried to access U2U but it is definitely NOT working!! Computer is making a funny badoop error sound and I cannot, cannot access U2U!!! Logged in a second time and no respose!

Northstar, ich muss helfen!!

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Well, I can confirm that U2Us are working, but it looks like our smilies went away.

I've replaced them with an older file from backup (just a few weeks ago), but I know Northstar had done some tweaks very recently with the smilies. So he may want to restore those changes.

As for U2Us, have you checked to see if you have a pop-up blocker running on your machine? It could be that that's the problem.

Thanks.
-e
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by StarChild »

Hey, Saint! No, I still can't access the U2U feature from my machine. I turned off the pop-up blocker:nada! Turned back on the pop-up blocker:zip!I don't know what is going on:cry

Ich muss helfen!! No U2U's! :bawl

spastically :bawl

Now more smilies won't work either!!! :die

Executive Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Deus ex machina

Post by Executive Administrator »

Can you tell us what web browser you are using and what version?

One possibility is clearing your cache. That would explain while the more smilies still isn't working on your machine. It was a page missing that I replaced on the server so that is definitely fixed.

It's hard for us to know what's wrong with out a few details about your web browser and version. Also, can you try using a different web browser and see if the problem with U2U's and smilies persists? That is another thing that will help use figure out what the problem is.

Thanks
-e

(PS - To find out how to clear your cache, go to your browser's help and either look up "cache" in the index or use the seach function to type in "cache". There will be instructions on how to do it for your browser. )
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by StarChild »

Aha!!! Oh, dance of joy!!:dance I uninstalled the furschlugginger Yahoo toolbar, Anti-Spy, Yahoo Messenger idiotware from my 'puter and everything is working again...blankety-blank Yahoo! Blankety-blank, blank, blank!!! :ninja on his way to Yahoo's offices!

I am happy again:dance

Technical Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Rogue PHP Script

Post by Technical Administrator »

Hey everyone, I'm sorry to have not been here during this problem. I just got here at 5PM after my performance to find everything in ruin... or relatively so. ;)

Saint Kurt, thank you so much for helping out with this while I was away; I feel that I dropped the ball here. Now that the moresmilies.php has been restored, everything should be fine and as far as I can tell, U2Us have been working consistently.

If anyone else has problems with U2Us or smilies, it would not be related to this issue; this problem should be fixed, so I'm moving it to Resolved Issues for now. Thank you!

-Northstar
Technical Administrator