Kurt's love interest?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!

Kurt's love interest?

Total votes: 0

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Kurt's love interest?

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by confusedelf
As a second thought will they pair T.J. with anyone.
Most likely, no.......she's already been romantically linked with BOTH Proudstar brothers (in different universes).......

being she's in New Excalibur....i can safely say we won't see a pairing with her...
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Confizzle »

Hmmm... I had this weird flash of :nocturne and Multiple, imagine this , if one of the kids got multiplying powers... fuzzy blue elfs that could throw hex bolts and mulitply and maybe teleport... the horror :o
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's love interest?

Post by rad_666 »

:nodyes Ororo
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance

I AM THE LOLLY LADY! :eeevil bow to meh :worship :eeevil
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Angelique »

^Especially if they end up with Opa Kurt's tendency toward mischeif!!!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Nandireya »

Guys...we don't need two polls on who Kurt should be with...so I merged 'em...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Confizzle »

With Storm off to marry the Black Panther; Wanda insane; that leaves Kurt with very limited choices.
If the have him date someone from the XSE the choices are (Rachel or Betsy) not that they aren't good choices ;)
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Kurt's love interest?

Post by idsunki »

I'm going to go with a vote for "Christine," even though she's not a choice here.

I mean, c'mon - Helloooooo Nurse!
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's love interest?

Post by chicory »

(This poll is way/ too short!)

I have to vote for :storm though I have trouble seeing them in a long-term relationship. An affair that would have lasted over several story-arcs would have been ideal in my book!

I like that there's :wan-kurt = :nocturne somewhere in the multi-verse - but since Wanda's insane and now guilty of the mutant decimation I don't see them as having much of a future.

:Amanda [size=.25](she needs an icon!)[/size] and Kurt were like the best example of a stable long-term relationship. (And she was there for him through all the traumatic moments - like standing by him at Jean Grey's funeral in that 80's issue). They would have made a wonderful couple! But, with everything that's happened since then, they just wouldn't work now.

I love :Rachel, but there's just something icksome about her and Kurt. He's like an uncle to her in her own world and though they're not that far apart in age - just no to that one.

Christine and Kurt I would have liked to see (though I like Ororo for him better). I like the whole human/mutant thing. (It worked so well in Evolution). Too bad they deep-sixed that one - I would have liked to see it :(

(Edited to correct double post and font sizes :oops: )
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Angelique »

Well, and Kurt/Amanda has even more ick factor than Kurt/Rachel.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's love interest?

Post by chicory »

Originally posted by Angelique
Well, and Kurt/Amanda has even more ick factor than Kurt/Rachel.
I'd completely agree with you if it was any other stepbrother/stepsister relationship, but I think the way the writers set this up this is the one situation where (IMHO) they can get away with it.
  • They're not biological siblings (cousins marrying is too gross to accept, but it happens - Amanda and Kurt are far less related than that
  • There's nothing in the comics that says they were brought up in one household - it may have been more like Nightcrawler was raised by the whole camp and Amanda was the daughter of the woman who protected him. (Kinda reminds me of w/ Heathcliff and Catherine in Wuthering Heights.)
  • Then there's the whole isolating factor where Kurt really can't go out and find someone outside of those who know him. But it's not quite Flowers in the Attic because they're not really brother and sister. :huh
I guess everyone has a different opinion about that. I think it's a really sad but workable relationship and I'm glad it's there for that. But yeah, in the mini-series it was strange that he was so confused about their relationship.

At least the Evolution cartoon got rid of that whole concept - they made a *really* nice couple there :love
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Angelique »

Good to see that in Evo. But as for Uncannyverse, the Draco arc did indeed open up the possibility that they were related. Or maybe Azzy was just yanking Kurt's chain. You never know.
And then, and then there's the matter of him being Catholic and her being a sorceress guardian of Limbo. Am I the only one who noticed that, in the solo series, while he was willing to ask her help, he didn't seem entirely comfortable with what she was doing?
At any rate, there's the :yech factor all the same because he did refer to Amanda as his sister more than once. Whether or not they were really biologically related, it's apparent that the relationship was far too familial in nature.

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Kurt's love interest?

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by chicory

:Amanda [size=.25](she needs an icon!)
I swear to god I remember a Daytripper icon at one point....didn't we have one?? I know the ones we now aren't all the ones we used to have....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Saint Kurt »

Helloooooo Nurse indeed!

I thought one of the bestest things that solo comic did was bring in a plausible and cool love interest for Kurt while still letting Amanda be all kick ass and sexy.

I thought the triangle between the three of them was so well played. Certainly it was much better played than the ultimately silly Storm-Kurt-Rachel triangle that Uncanny started and then seemed to forget about.

I loved how Amanda would flirt when Kurt visited her and the way Darick drew him with that "Tempting, but no..." look so many times. And Kurt's double take the first time he met Christine to scene in the coffee shop at the end of #5 and finally to the realization that he'd made a mistake that took place over twelve issues is just something you don't normally see in comics, even with the comical semi-naked "Let's just be friends" talk in the middle of it. (VH-1's Behind the Heroes! I love it!) :)

So yeah, if I could pick anyone it would be Christine. Roberto did an awesome thing mining the Marvel canon and bringing her back into service.

-e
Tyros
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Tyros »

Yea! I am going to miss Christine..she was the best!
digigirl02
Lubber
Lubber

Kurt's love interest?

Post by digigirl02 »

I choose Wanda.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I voted for Rachel just because she's become one of my favorite characters recently and her and Kurt still never finished their fling that started in issue 450, which was kinda put on the back burner thanks to Wanda (HoM).. my original choice would've been Storm, but I think with her marriage to Black Panther coming up, it doesn't look good for them:doh!:bamf
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

That would be Ororo in my opinion. :)
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's love interest?

Post by chicory »

Ororo seems to be winning :) - Funny that Amanda has no votes ;)
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt's love interest?

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Those are lame choices. He's better off single than with any of those lame and/or crazy bitches. Hell, I'd rather see him with Chuck Austen's aborted love interest than any of those. And that would have felt even more creepy-incestuous than Kurt/Amanda, considering how alike they looked.

Boo to this poll.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Confizzle »

Who were Chuck Austen's aborted love interests?
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Jillian? :jillian She was pretty creepy in one of the issues, which was pretty gross considering they looked nearly identical (minus the wings).. but I guess that's what they have to resort to when they've been trapped in that dimension for all those years
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Confizzle »

Oh...yeah....Wasn't Jillian suppose to be red?
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

She was colored the same as Kurt (maybe you're thinking of Azazel? :azazel ) Anyway, I'm RPing Nightcrawler at The X-Dream(hence my signature) and Jillian and Kurt haven't met yet, but I'm sure they'll be none of that wholesome incest there:LOL I wanted him and Storm to get together, but things happen :shrug ..anywho, I hope Ororo and Black Panter don't last too long, cause she belongs in Uncanny.. maybe then there will be a chance of Kurt/Ororo fans getting what they want:bamf
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's love interest?

Post by chicory »

:jillian was a love interest? I thought she was one of his many half-siblings (Like :abyss and kiwi black)

Since this poll is a year old I think I'm going to make a new one before someone beats me to it ;)

[Edited on 19/3/06 by chicory]
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

She showed some interest in him, he didn't reciprocate it though.. which is good, considering the obvious relationship the two of them shared.. If you're making a new poll Chicory, maybe you could include Christine to see just how many fans of the series liked the pairing:bamf