Pet photos and stories (warning - image intensive!)

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

I know Marley's been the pet of discussion lately, but i know a lot of other people out there have pets that they love and would want to show them off, so this is the place :D

these are my pets... http://bronzepig.ca/pets/

an right now of course, Marley (formerly known as Amis) is the latest additon ad i have additonal photos of him here: http://bronzepig.ca/pets/marley/

but a few favorites....

a couple shots of him looking purdy.

Marley checkin out Scrawlers... (was fascinated by my bunny avatar)

and Marley sitting on my shoulder... he loves sitting on shoulders.

Marley's favorite new toy right now is of all things, a piece of broccoli.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I can't find any good pictures right now, but when I do I'll post them. I have a ferret named Justin (my sister named him during her NSync days) He's kind of... mental would be good. He runs and hops around and crashes into things frequently. It's pretty funny watching him:LOL. I'll make sure to search for some good pictures when I get home (I'll be at my cousin's house for the weekend)
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

He's so cute!
I remember we had a thread about pets.. but i bet it must be lost somewhere.. the thread was loooooong.
I am so glad to start something like this again :)
Anyway i have two dogs, both are mixed breed, their names are Sandy and Dosky.
Sandy is 12 years old, she's small and chubby.. her color is golden/reddish, she has a red nose and sweet green eyes. She's a mayor bitch..sweet and loyal but a bitch, and i love that quality in her, she's a though girl. And she defends her territory like there's no tomorrow, she's the boss of the house.
Dosky is 10 years old he's Sandy's son (they love each other and they can't be apart from each other for long time) he's big, strong and muscular, covered in black fur (which is starting to turn gray because he's getting old) and he has yellow patches on his chest, eyebrows and paws.. i love him, he's extremely goofy, mellow and tender.. but a total evil maniac if some stranger stands at our door. He looks like a wookie!
I will post pictures in other reply because, i don't have any uploaded right now and they're at my comp at home.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Awww, I loved the picture of him watching your avatar! That's so cute!

I don't have any pictures of my cat right now but I'll try to find my camera sometime and take some! :D
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Ryuu-chan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ryuu-chan »

Your cat is cute! :D I wish my cat would sit on my shoulders...

As of right now, I have seven cats. There's Grizzy, the calico, and her kittens (well, they were kittens about four years ago. XD) Callie, Mouser, and Frisky. She had another kitten, Mattie, but she went out one day and didn't come back. :bawl Then there's Tommy, the resident stray. Whenever we get a stray male cat, my mother names it Tommy. Then there are the two long haired cats I got from my friend, since her dog was pregnant and would have killed them. Their names are Corso and Lily.

And here are the pictures:
This is Lily
And this is Grizzy. She's my midget cat.
My kittens, when they were extremely small and cute. Mattie is in the front, then it's Mouser, Callie, and Frisky in the back.
A picture of Corso, and a picture of Lily.

If the pictures don't show up, it's because I'm fighting with my tripod account.
Older, smarter, and more sane than before.

Hopefully, anyway.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

oh, you say now that you want your cat to sit on your shoulder, but you haven't had that kitty not quite get on solidy, then out come the claws :p but most of the time, it is pretty cool. tho it really takes you by surprise when he jumps up there.

i like your cats :D especially Corso, his colors kinda reminds me of my sister's cat, Leo: http://members.shaw.ca/s.reece/pets/leo04.html he's a flame point ragdoll.

I took more picures. i will post in a minute... have to resize them and stuff.
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by thylacine »

Awe, now that is just so totally cute.

(the cat in the top picture looks like a space alien! :)
Ryuu-chan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ryuu-chan »

Ragdolls are so cute! I heard they have great temperments. Leo looks so cute and fluffy.

Do you keep Marley inside? It looks like he couldn't stand the cold weather. My cats go inside and outside. Grizzy was originally a stray, and likes being outside most of the time. So does Tommy, the weird cat he is.

Hopefully, anyway.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Marley and Cratchett will both be indoor only cats. Marley is still growing in his adult coat. It's still a bit sparse, especially around his neck, but it will get thicker. it's actually already thicker than it actually looks, it just lays very close to his body. it's actually thicker then many Devon coats, but ones with a lot of white do seem to get thicker coats. and orange ones seem to get the sparsest most patchy coats of Devons. i don't know why, just something i noticed when looking at pictures on http://www.devonrex.com

finally mostly got him to stop french kissing me.... he still tests me with a tiny lick on my nose, and if i don't tell him 'no!' he goes to town trying to shove his tongue in my mouth.

ok, back with more pics, including a couple where you can really see the texture of his fur, all curly and soft....

space alien huh? well i guess nothing will drive that home more than this picture:

and the new ones where he's looking handsome and with the fur...

oh, and though i put the image intensive bit in the thread title, i think everyone would appreciate it if your pictues were no larger than 650 pixels wide or so, (so it does not stretch the browser window out. so height doesn't really mattter)and under 200k if you are going to embed the pictues directly in the thread. it should be expected that this thread will take a while to load, but there are reasonable limits nontheless. and if your site does not allow you to link to images, may i suggest http://www.photobucket.com i used them when i could not upload to my own site, and it worked great.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

I love the picture of the four little kittens who all look the same! :love I also love the space alien picture, Bamfette. That's hilarious. :p
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Ryuu-chan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ryuu-chan »

Thanks. ^^ They look the same because they are all sisters. They've grown up since then, but I don't have any recent pictures of them scanned in.

Hopefully, anyway.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Aww Corso and Lily are so cute *Pets Ryuu's cats*
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

A cat that insists on french kissing you? :LOL And here I thought my dog was the only one that tried that!

Have you considered searing shoulder pads while you work? You'll look like a linebacker, but you'll never get pierced shoulders.... :whistle

It's a good thing Devons are so light: I'd HATE to think of how I'd feel if Captain Courageous took a liking to shoulders...:urg
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Pics of Dosky:
The quality is not good, i took those with my cell phone camera.

Those are two of the five pictures i've managed to take of him in the past 10 years, he hates cameras, the flash and the noise scares him.
Ryuu-chan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ryuu-chan »

Awww! He's cute! How old is he?

Hopefully, anyway.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

I like it! He is cute! :p A friend of mine has a dog who looks just like that! :p
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Originally posted by Ryuu-chan
Awww! He's cute! How old is he?
He is 10 years old! :)
Ryuu-chan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ryuu-chan »

He's getting up there. Still looks incredibly cute, though. He looks friendlier than my friend's dogs. Dogs don't really like me, for some reason. :shame

Hopefully, anyway.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

This is my doggy, Tessa. Don't blame me - the hubby set up and took this picture with me being unaware.
The cats won't hold still long enough to get decent pics...
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by fourpawsonthefloor
Don't blame me - the hubby set up and took this picture with me being unaware.
It's still a cute pose! ;)
Originally posted by fourpawsonthefloor
The cats won't hold still long enough to get decent pics...
Tell me about it. ;)
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I get my kitty back on the 19th!! Oh the pictures I will take. :shifty
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

hah! that pic of Tessa is hilarious :D

not all that hard to take pics IF you have good light. most cameras, especially digital ones, have fast enough shutter speed that if you get them in a patch of sunlight (indoor lights, even flourescent absolutely do no compare in any way to even an open window, sunlight is the only reason i get decent pics of Marley. note the playing pics below - patch of direct sunlight or they would have never turned out.) and any good photographer will tll you that for every good pic taken, 10 more are never seen because they are crap.

oh no, i's time for more pics of Marley....

Marley sleeps under the covers with us at night. here's some pics of him being sweet and cute under the blankets.

Image Image Image

him displaying how well behaved he is for trimming claws and the like.

and one of him being not-so-sweet...

he likes to play 'I found your face!' Stalking us before lunging at our face. HE thinks it's fun... this is typically what we see before getting a face full of cat.

We got him a collar.
... I don't think he was too pleased with the idea...

a couple more of him with the new collar.

lucky for him he got new toys with the collar :p

Image Image Image

as always, more can be found here: http://bronzepig.ca/pets/marley/?M=D
newest ones are at the top.
Ryuu-chan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ryuu-chan »

Marley looks very, very well behaved. My cats won't even let me touch their paws for longer than a second. And he's cute, as always. Now I miss my cats. I wish I could have them in my dorm room. I don't think my roommate would like it, though. :LOL

Hopefully, anyway.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

he also lets me stick a Q-Tip in his ear to clean them out... Devons don't have the swept back ear guard hairs, so they need some ear cleaning from time to time. but i know what you mean, my other cats flip out if you touch their paws, and my old cat Shadow is gettng on in years and her fur has srarted to mat, and they need to be cut out and she needs to be brushed. she FINALLY grew to enjoy brshing to the point where he will beg to be brushed, but initially she would attack us if we got near her with the brush, and she still will yowl and protest if you try and cu mats from her fur.

I think Marley takes it just because he's purebred, and was introduced to such grooming from a very early age. his parents and some of his siblings are show cats, so they get groomed a lot. Devons are not a high maintenence cat, but show cats are groomed a whole lot even if they are low maintenence coats.... so Marley's been getting his claws trimmed, ears cleaned, and given periodic baths since he was tiny... (we don't bathe him, but Tracy said she did)
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

This is our family cat
someone gave it to us about 2 years ago..
her name is Ninni and she is the most beautifull cat ive seen.. except she has a long furr wich i dont like so much..

Image surprised :)

Image annoyed :)

Image seeing something exciting

Image she could be a model :)