Twentysomething Mutant Ninja Zombie Elf? (Speculative Spoile

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Twentysomething Mutant Ninja Zombie Elf? (Speculative Spoiler)

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Well, though this is an interesting conversation, Darick is on the inside track and he is giving pretty strong indications that this isn't the way its going.
I could be reading it wrong...but.
Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Me, I'm voting professor Xavier ...more like hoping really. Think about it: well-known in movies and comics, iconic, important to Logan. Check, check and check.
"You've got it allright. Now keep it to yourself"

http://shadowscrawl.tripod.com/
Home of Lil' Kurt
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

Except the Prof isn't at the mansion anymore ... he's in Genosha. Maybe it will be Beast ...
"Picture this: bumpity bumpity bumpity SPLAT!"
-- Nightcrawler, X-Men Evolution

Visit my art sites, please!
http://www.kenthayle.deviantart.com
http://www.geocities.com/ironthorncomics
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

totally off-topic :

DoomInABox, your new avatar is just excellent ! :ooh:
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Originally posted by DoomInABox
Except the Prof isn't at the mansion anymore ... he's in Genosha. Maybe it will be Beast ...
So? The current location of the professor shouldn't be a problem. A little mutant heebeejeebee and voila! One surprise guest ready to become liverwurst!

Home of Lil' Kurt
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Nightcrawler Artist!

Post by Darick »

Originally posted by fourpawsonthefloor
Well, though this is an interesting conversation, Darick is on the inside track and he is giving pretty strong indications that this isn't the way its going.
Ya think? What gave me away? :smirk
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

Yeah, I can't deny I'm a total rumour-freak (rumour? where? OMG!!!) but as much fun as it is to speculate wildly, I think I'll take Darick's word on this.

Originally posted by Diablo
totally off-topic :

DoomInABox, your new avatar is just excellent ! :ooh:
Thankees, Diablo. The whole picture is up at the deviantart site in my sig.
"Picture this: bumpity bumpity bumpity SPLAT!"
-- Nightcrawler, X-Men Evolution

Visit my art sites, please!
http://www.kenthayle.deviantart.com
http://www.geocities.com/ironthorncomics
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

He's given strong indications but you never know... ;)
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

He might just be throwing everyone off the scent :shifty
'To be a good designer, you have to be a very violent psychopath.' Stan Lee.
"If you've got Mystique as your girlfriend the fun you could have in bed - I've just imagined X-Men 3 might open with me in bed with Patrick Stewart." -- Sir Ian McKellen
AndyB
Lubber
Lubber

Post by AndyB »

If it's not going down this way or somewhat similar than someone at Marvel is asleep at the wheel! Two months of no solicts and while those of us that frequent this site and Darick's know that the book isn't canceled we're at most a hundred or so of the 30,000 + that have bought Nightcrawler. The majority of people are either seeing no solicts and thinking it's canceled or they're hearing second hand that it is. This isn't to point fingers at the creative team, but someone at marvel should announce if it's just late or what. I know that a announcement of some sort is forthcoming, hopefully ASAP. I'm sure the speculation is starting to wear thin on Darick and maybe Roberto if he's seen any of it.

Hopefully, we'll get some fuzzy elf love during March and April (so far)! I hated to have to wait the months from hearing about the book til September and now that it's out, I'd hate to be without it for several months.

If it's story driven I understand and hope for the best, if the book is late I can accept and deal, it's the not knowing and having to speculate that's killing me. I'm just suprised none of the rumor sites have picked up on this or maybe it's too far beneath their radars.

Originally posted by fourpawsonthefloor
I could be reading it wrong...but.
Paws
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

I started a new thread on this - because I thought it was interesting in a different way than speculating about Kurt getting killed - but Chris Claremont just posted his thoughts on an upcoming Uncanny arc. According to him Kurt and 'the resurrected one' are two separate individuals, although the arc involving the 'resurrected one' is kurt-centric. So... sadly, this seems to de-value all of our speculation... Or Not!

Edit: Forget all that nonsense I just spewed :P I bet when Chris was talking about 'the resurrected one' he was just referring to [spoiler]Betsy[/spoiler]. So that means we can still keep wildly speculating about the fate of our beloved elf!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

You know...maybe we're all speculating that it's Kurt because we just want to see more Kurt! But thinking on it…Darick’s comments aside…I beginning to think it’s too obvious…and there is that other rumour...the one about Marvel wanting to get rid of all the characters from the future…
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by Nandireya

I can just see Kurt coming back to kick Logan’s butt…
Ha! It'd be worth it just to finally see NIGHTCRAWLER hand WOLVERINE his arse...:P

B A M F !
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Interesting...

There's an interview with Claremont at at Pulse...and he's says, after the current story arc World's End...
...it’s back to the Mansion to catch-up with the events of Wolverine...
And at X-Fan he hints that the following story arc is Kurt and Betsy-centric...

Now...Betsy was brainwashed and manipulated by the Hand into becoming their assassin, but broke the programming...could it be she's helping someone else through the same process?

No...I've been trying to talk myself out of this way of thinking!

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Okay, maybe Kurt is safe after all!

The latest rumors seem to agree (based on people that have seen Wolverine #25) that it's actually [spoiler]Northstar[/spoiler] who gets it! WTF :shocked I can't even imagine what Marvel was thinking... or maybe I can :mad
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Seems unlikely...Millar said he was an extremely popular X-Man...and though he may have his fans...I wouldn't call him extremely popular...

bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Well, my friend confirmed the rumor for me, so I'm trusting him since he's seen the issue. I still think this development sucks ... a lot :X
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Confirmed the rumour that it was [spoiler]Kurt[/spoiler]? Maybe you should have put that in spoiler tags... how would he know anyway?
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
Confirmed the rumour that it was [spoiler]Kurt[/spoiler]? Maybe you should have put that in spoiler tags... how would he know anyway?
Maybe the friend confirmed that it was [spoiler]Northstar[/spoiler]...that was the last rumour Bluefooted mentioned...

bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
Since you don't know which rumor I was referring to, it didn't matter if it was in spoiler tags :P And what are you doing in this thread anyway if you don't want to be spoiled? It is titled "speculative spoilers".

So, here it is again, all secret (so don't read if you don't want to know anything about it at all) [spoiler]My friend, who had seen Wolverine #25 early at his local comic shop, says the person who gets killed is Northstar [/spoiler]
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Ahh, got it. My rumours were mixed up. :D

In any case, my difference was that one is a speculative spoiler which'll lead me wondering and interested, and one was sort of a definite spoiler, in that I'm not wondering anymore. Not much difference, but I know I'm a bit of a nitpicker. :p

No problem though.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by bluefooted
Since you don't know which rumor I was referring to, it didn't matter if it was in spoiler tags :P And what are you doing in this thread anyway if you don't want to be spoiled? It is titled "speculative spoilers".

So, here it is again, all secret (so don't read if you don't want to know anything about it at all) [spoiler]My friend, who had seen Wolverine #25 early at his local comic shop, says the person who gets killed is Northstar [/spoiler]
[spoiler]Well if that's true I'm a happy little camper...now I don't have to buy several issues of Wolverine :D If it had been Kurt I'd have had to have them! But Northstar? Until Austen wrote him I hated him...[/spoiler]

B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

If the rumors are true I imagine that a guest appearance by [spoiler]ALPHA FLIGHT[/spoiler] cant be too far behind.

The plot thickens!

B A M F !
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Bluefooted, you were right...

I'm kinda relieved it's not Kurt but...
Wrong, wrong choice of character. He really didn't deserve to die. Plus, the way he bites the dust is kinda stupid...
I'm sad, and I know people here that will be devastated !
:(:(
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

I bought the issue. I'm dying to post but am not sure if I can name names now? 'Cause I can't figure out how to use the spoiler tags...

Home of Lil' Kurt