Solo Series Wish List

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Solo Series Wish List

Post by HoodedMan »

And despite the best efforts of mice and men, the thread is still derailed... :D

In other news, I rather like the series; I just ordered the trade. ... of course, I just got the shipping notification and realised that since I set it to ship everything together, everything in my order will be sent in March... -_-

I've rebutted my own argument for a sidekick though. Kurt's best solo. :D
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Solo Series Wish List

Post by DoomInABox »

I think we should just start a seperate thread to discuss his clothes ... it keeps popping up again and again anyway.

Hmmm ... must punctuate post with a suggestion so Darick doesn't beat me with the Off-Topic sign ... I agree Kurt is best solo, with the others helping out occaisonally but not too often. Actually, I'd really like to see him pull something off totally by himself, without anyone else. Every once in a while he used to have the urge to prove he was just as good as the others by himself, and then get into some absurd and dangerous situation because of it, like when he snuck into Murderworld all alone. It would be interesting to see how Roberto handles writing Kurt's "I should get help ... nah, I can handle it" spiel.
"Picture this: bumpity bumpity bumpity SPLAT!"
-- Nightcrawler, X-Men Evolution

Visit my art sites, please!
http://www.kenthayle.deviantart.com
http://www.geocities.com/ironthorncomics
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Diablo »

Yep. Same feeling here.
Kurt should act more solo in the future.
It's clever and normal that he begins with the X-Men's help, but he definitely has to tsep out of their shadow.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Solo Series Wish List

Post by taekwondodo »

Hey, I wasn't off topic! That was a legitimate request for the wish list. I like to see things that have nothing to do with adventures or missions every so often and, seriously, the guy had some fashion issues. Someone really needs to spring an old photo album on him and ask just why he was dressed like a pimp. I'd love to see him answer that one.... :D
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Solo Series Wish List

Post by bluefooted »

Oh, jeez... :LOL I remember the days when I'd pop in here and BB had Pimp!Kurt for an avatar. Reminded me of my old Excalibur days *sigh*

Anyway, I don't think this is off-topic at all. Kurt should be made to answer to those crimes of fashion!

I also agree with earlier posters: I like it best when Nighty's out alone in the cruel world - I think it just makes for more interesting stories.
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Solo Series Wish List

Post by kladyelf »

interesting topics,

i think i'd still like to see nightcrawler interacting with the - um, "Wider Marvel Universe" like going nose-to-moustache with J Jonah Jameson, or someone like that. Or arguing with say Spidey about what goes better with beer - pizza or pretzels?

or something :D
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Nightcrawler Artist!

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Darick »

[quote]Originally posted by Dezzy Dragon
You’re no fun Derick. Let the lunatics dream a little. :nodyes [/quote]

[quote]Originally posted by DoomInABox
HA! You've derailed the topic with your topic of derailing! ... [/quote]

[quote]Originally posted by HoodedMan
And despite the best efforts of mice and men, the thread is still derailed... :D[/quote]

[quote]Originally posted by DoomInABox
Hmmm ... must punctuate post with a suggestion so Darick doesn't beat me with the Off-Topic sign ... [/quote]

[quote]Originally posted by taekwondodo
Hey, I wasn't off topic! Someone really needs to spring an old photo album on him and ask just why he was dressed like a pimp. I'd love to see him answer that one.... :D [/quote]

[quote]Originally posted by bluefooted
Anyway, I don't think this is off-topic at all. Kurt should be made to answer to those crimes of fashion![/quote]

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this thread was for suggestions for the series, and people's wish lists. My intention was to get the topic rolling so if there was something you hard-core fans really were dying to see happen I could pass that on to the writer.

Apparently I'm wrong, and this thread is now to discuss what Kurt wore in past issues of Excalibur. I know how incredibly important that is, and how very hard it is to hit that "New Topic" button.

Sorry I asked for your input and had the gall to request we keep on the subject.

Please, carry on without me.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Crawler »

I, too, would like to see a Nightcrawler/Wall-Crawler team-up. Their senses of humour would be complementary, I think...and fighting two acrobats with the ability to stick to walls would be a fun thing to see.

If you're sticking with the supernatural theme, perhaps they could fight Morbius or Nightmare? Spidey's got a fair number of supernatural rogues.

And I mean, if Kurt's in New York fighting baddies, Spidey's bound to hear about it, right?

(and I'm not ignoring you, Darick...I'm just trying to right the thread and get it going again)

(and people, Darick is doing us all a big favor by showing up here, let alone listening to us rant and rave about what we'd like to see in HIS book...please keep it civil and on-topic.)
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Solo Series Wish List

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by Darick
Originally posted by HoodedMan
And despite the best efforts of mice and men, the thread is still derailed... :D
Sorry I asked for your input and had the gall to request we keep on the subject.

Don't take it personally, Darick. I wasn't degrading your efforts to keep us on track, quite the contrary. I think it is important that we stay on topic; I was merely being wryly amused that it seems so hard. :(
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
ac0demon
Lubber
Lubber

Solo Series Wish List

Post by ac0demon »

haha yes! Spidey/Crawler Teamup would be excellent! I remember I drew my favorite hero in the 5th grade. He was a mix of spider-man and nightcrawler(with wolverine's claws. don't ask), Webcrawler!
My SITES:
...::www.JebeTaru.com::...
Unstuck in a cookie cutter world!

----------------------------------------------
****City of Heroes****
----------------------------------------------

( ) ( )( ) ( )http://www.bubblegum-girl.com( ) ( )( ) ( )
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Solo Series Wish List

Post by DoomInABox »

Originally posted by DarickSorry I asked for your input and had the gall to request we keep on the subject.

HEY! I posted lotsa suggestions! They're legit! (except for the tail-mitten thing ... that was just a stupid brain-fart). I just can't resist a little gentle gibing ... I'm really sorry if it offended you. We're most of us sincere in our suggestions ... we really appreciate that you ask for our input and take it so seriously.

It's just that when we start talking about things we like about Nightcrawler, we can't help spinning off into discussions and forgetting how they started ... I guess that just happens when so many people can engage in the same conversation at any given time. I'll try really hard to keep this thread's topic straight in my posts from now on. Promise.
Forgive me? *puppy eyes*

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I would really like to see some more cameos.... maybe Momma Mystique could swing by and cause some trouble or Rogue's solo series could crossover with Kurt's for an issue so they both could deal with Raven:D That'd be great
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Solo Series Wish List

Post by bluefooted »

Well, I'm going to respectfully disagree with you, Darick. I think maybe you should expect to see a lot of variety in the 'magnitude' of what people might have on their wish-lists. Some people maybe only wished for something really inconsequential, like maybe a little comic in-joke about Nighty's past attempts to 'disguise' himself. Maybe not a plot-changing event, but still a legitimate request. Us old fans appreciate that sort of thing ;)

I and a few others 'wished' for a story arc with Nighty solo and out in the big, bad world - i.e., no other X-Men around to help him on his quest at all, completely on his own. A pretty big request, I think. One that would probably influence the whole storyline. Obviously not all of these, or maybe any of them, are going to be feasible. But, I'm still asking for it - it's tops on my list.

Anyway, sorry if it came off as random thoughts about stuff. It was actually a real request... that's why I put it in this thread. Great job so far, btw, really looking forward to this title :)
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Diablo »

Bluefooted wrote :
I and a few others 'wished' for a story arc with Nighty solo and out in the big, bad world - i.e., no other X-Men around to help him on his quest at all, completely on his own. A pretty big request, I think.
Yes. As great as guest-stars are, we've finally got the opportunity to see Kurt running solo. Less super-heroes and more supporting characters would be cool.
Seth, Nurse Palmer and the fourteen devils are a wonderful start.
(but I understand your wish of drawing several X-characters, Darick...)
www.atlantys.biz

idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Solo Series Wish List

Post by idsunki »

This is something I just thought up on the drive home. Back in Excalibur (yeah, I know how well starting a sentence with that in this thread goes, but stay with me!), Kurt got a chance to whip a rag-tag bunch of former mercenaries/super-villains into a respectable fighting team. Well, maybe not respectable, and maybe not a whole lot of team ... but they won the day! ...eventually...

So my wish would be something along the lines of touching on Kurt's skill in dealing with the outsiders and misfits of (any or all of) the superhuman, regular human, or supernatural worlds he has found himself in. This could be a cool chance to play with more mythological creatures, old Marvel characters lurking somewhere in the depths of continuity, or just plain old humans looking to help out. This creative team has more than proven their skill at all of these character types, so it would be extra cool to see it happen here.

-idsunki, such a mess.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
fuzzybluelogic
Lubber
Lubber

Solo Series Wish List

Post by fuzzybluelogic »

Me = New.

So, anyhoo, loving on the Nightcrawler solo series. Kurt's lookin' fly and the story arcs and writing is Good Times.

Wish listiness:

1. Using Movie Rules during spooky encounters
2. Buffy/X-File references

Dang, I'm easy.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Crawler »

*ahem* This thread is not for this. This thread MUST stay on topic.

It's a shame I have to remind you all of this twice on one page. Next person to derail it gets a warning. Do it twice and it's a week's suspension.

I'm going to be strict about this one, so DON'T DERAIL THIS!

(Edit: I've split the off-topic bits out into their own thread in the Fuzzy Visions section of the board.)
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Solo Series Wish List

Post by DoomInABox »

I like idsunki's suggestion about mythological creatures and such ... it's on the same track as what we've seen so far. I can see Nightcrawler investigating obscure myths and whatnot and revealing the truth behind them.

Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Saint Kurt »

Roberto has such a nice touch, one thing I'd really trust him to explore is Kurt's faith. I know he mentioned in the first issue that Kurt had studied to be a priest. It was nice to see that bit of backstory mentioned. (speaking of backstory, VH1's 'Behind the Heroes'! I love it so much! :LOL).

It seems that the one aspect of Kurt's character that's been handled really clumsily is his Christianity, and yet it really is one of the most beautiful and ironic parts of his personality. Besides the obvious physical dichotomy, part of what makes Kurt special (to me anyway) is his devotion to God and to his Faith.

It's my wish that as the series unfolds we'll see this facet of nightcrawler introduced and dealt with with the same subtley and grace as everything else.

-e
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Solo Series Wish List

Post by DoomInABox »

Originally posted by zamweasel
It's my wish that as the series unfolds we'll see this facet of nightcrawler introduced and dealt with with the same subtley and grace as everything else.
I am in complete agreement. Whenever issues of his faith comes it to a story, it either seems downplayed or exploded into extremity, and a lot of has felt ... unfinished somehow. At least to me.

Someone said to me once that when it comes to having doubts about faith, you either come out of it having lost it, or with it twice as strong. I think the latter is where Nightcrawler stands now ... I'd like to see some genuine development concerning it.

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I would just like to see him in a costume already! It's been five issues already and he wore his costume like twice I think, although the street clothes give him more of a human look, I'd like to see him in his costume that's on every cover, but in no book:LOL
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Diablo »

Sorry people but personnally, I'm really fed up with plots dealing with Kurt's faith.
We've just seen too much of it in the past few years.

Mythological creatures like Pazuzu are really welcome, but I hope we'll see some cool new villains too.

And kisses ! I'd like to see Kurt kiss nurse Palmer ! :)
www.atlantys.biz

HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Solo Series Wish List

Post by HoodedMan »

I also would like to see a plot that at least handles Kurt's faith. As zam says, it is both beautiful and ironic, not to mention (of course) Angst-filled. I'd love to see it developed further, even if it takes a secondary role.
BH123
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Solo Series Wish List

Post by BH123 »

Originally posted by DoomInABox
I think we should just start a seperate thread to discuss his clothes ... it keeps popping up again and again anyway.
I'll try to steer this back on-topic :D

I would love to see Cerise appear in this series. Unfortunately, I don't know how she would show up, given that the direction of this book is Kurt as supernatural investigator, and Cerise is off in outer space.

Since there is that supernatural theme, though, it would be a good opportunity to have appearances by some of Marvel's supernatural characters. Doctor Strange is much too obvious a choice, so let's put him aside for the time being. Here's a few I'd enjoy seeing pop by...

Clea
Blade
Werewolf By Night
Devil Slayer
Jennifer Kale

A story relating to the Darkhold and Chthon would fit the series perfectly.
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Solo Series Wish List

Post by SmoothBamf »

I don't think we should pigenhole Nightcrawler in to a certine story type. He is an adventurer who has a very wide varrity of ties, some deal with the supernateral some with space (such as Cerise witch I think would be a great idea) and many others. So if theres a good idea for a story then wright it don't say "oh thats not supernateral we can't do it". Because that would just be dumb.

thank you:bamf