Help, please! (slightly naughty drawing inside)

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Ugly Kurt strikes back! That's right - he does look like a hobbit. But that is not the issue at hand!

This was a really old sketch pencil sketch for a story illustration, I think, from about a year ago or so. Check out Kurt's uniform - old school, baby ;) Anyway, I ran across it again the other day and decided to finish inking it, but I hit the same snag that made me drop it in the first place: their legs! I can't get them to look right no matter how many times I re-draw them. The paper is rubbed raw! So, any help anyone could give on where their legs would look is much appreciated. If you can't guess - she's straddling Kurt's lap and he's sitting in a straightback chair. Cheers!

taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

I am not much of an artist and I don't know if this will help at all w/leg positioning, but it seems to me that it would help a bit if Kurt's torso were somewhat longer. Btw, is this for Libby's fic where they're being naughty in the kitchen, the name of which I have forgotten? It's nice, hope you figure out the problem and get it finished, I'd love to see it complete.
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

TKD! I hardly ever see you post anymore! Not that I post a whole bunch :D

Anyway, you're definitely right about the torso - I originally intended to have Kurt slouched down in the chair a bit, but it looked weird when I put the chairback in. I might have to re-work it so he's sitting up straight.

You're right: it is for that story! I can't remember how long ago I read that, but it must have inspired this pic. Thanks!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

From my perspective, how about turning her knees out more - seems like you have her leg more from a side view. If you are straddling someone and (OK this is a bit naughty) trying to grind your "bits" into his then you have to spread your thighs fairly wide and this turns your leg out more. Also, since the leg would be spraddled a bit more, thigh would be shorter from that viewpoint. (am I making any sense?)
The only thing I see with Kurt's legs is the area from pelvis to knee (femur) is a little short.
Absolutely darling picture, and I think that you nailed the visual from the fic.
And yes I did straddle a chair to see how MY legs would go. That may help if you can find a pillow (or better yet someone willing) to straddle on a chair to get a mental picture. :naughty
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

The one thing I forgot to do was give you a smack for being so hard on yourself. "ugly kurt" my a##. You have a knack for "smoothness" in your work. No matter how unusual a person is posed, you catch the movement without it seeming forced or akward. Shadow dancer was kind enough to provide me with a link to your page and all I have to say is wow.
You need to do a show, get your stuff in a gallery or something if you haven't already done so. Seriously. Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
thayr
Lubber
Lubber

Post by thayr »

When I have women stradled atop of me - their knees are turned out more, as said before by someone, and their pelvis is turned down, tail bone up... know what I mean? It happens to me ALL the time, in fact I'm getting a little sick of it... ladies, please!

As for sitting in the chair, maybe up on the balls of his feet, as though pushing away from the floor... that's what I do anyway, with all the women on my lap and all.

BEST WISHES