2011's big DC Crossover Event - Flashpoint (starring The Flash)

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Robin, Aquaman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, the Flash, and more!
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

Flashpoint is a huge event, spanning 65 issues in all, and completely changing the DCU. The substantiated rumor is that Flashpoint is the in-story cause of the relaunch / reboot of the entire DC line coming in September. But for now, it's just good reads.

In a nutshell, The Flash and Booster Gold separately find themselves in a completely different world...only to discover that it's not a different world...it's the same world with a completely different history. I don't want to spoil it too much, but it has a bit of the flavor of AoA...only better, IMO.

A few enticing tidbits:
Bruce Wayne was killed. Thomas Wayne survived.
There never was a Flash. At all.
Hal Jordan never got the ring.
Aquaman and Wonder Woman are at war...and have destroyed most of Europe.
Superman is...absent.
Captain Cold is the hero of Central City.

Anyone reading it?
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Well, you know damn well I am. ;)

I'm still waiting to see what the deal is with the undead controlled Alaska. I want to see zombies, dammit.

I am getting a kick out of Thomas Wayne as Batman. At first i was worried that he'd end up replacing Bruce for good once the reboot happened, but now that I know Bruce will be back (and the Bat books in general seem to be seeing the least amount of change post-reboot, Barbara aside.) It's a lot of fun. He's so much meaner than his son, which is kinda awesome just on it's own, but also really highlights Bruce's moral code.

[Edited on 13/6/11 by Bamfette]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

2011's big DC Crossover Event - Flashpoint (starring The Fla

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I am in fact LOVING IT!

I think it's much better than Marvel's Fear Itself and so far I have gotten every collectible cover issue complete with a few buttons and a Flash ring. Flash is one of my all time favorite characters and this event is fantastic. The DC fans are throwing a fit though (the hardcore ones rather) 'cause all the numbers/titles will reset after this event.

I think that's good. They really need it. Johns appears to be in charge of finally organizing the mess of time-lines that DC has for the Flash family and others. Wrap this stuff up and give us stories DC! Come on! ;)

Lots of good development in each issue, I love it. I'm glad to see you back Crash and even gladder to see you're still keeping up!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS