Christmas 2013: Jay

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Placeholder for Darren/Jay
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Lorna: Lorna pulled the van up to the front steps of the school. "We've got a garage for your bike if you like. It's pretty safe in there...people have been known to hotwire cars or use trucks for more personal activity but generally it's no harm no foul."

Gambit: Following the van, Gambit couldn't help but give a low whistle (unheard over the sound of his engine) as they pulled up to this "Xavier's" place. Stopping beside the van, he gave an appreciative nod. "You guys know how t' live, I'll give y' dat."

Tigra: "Best part is it's all free." Tigra climbed out of the van and shook herself off. Riding around in the back of it always rubbed her fur up the wrong way.

Darren: "Yep, though trust me, the know if you start trying to sell the laptops and shit man," Darren said, climbing out and helping Selene down.

Jay: Jay had been enjoying a quiet smoke when he'd spotted the van and - ooooh. That looked like a new person. Cigarette in mouth, he pushed himself off, circling over the group. "Hey hey amis, y'all bought dinner back? Ah'm starvin' an' dere ain' no spicy chicken left." He landed, tucking the wings behind him and eyeing the new guy curiously. "Bonjou. Dey drug ya?"

Tigra: "Can't promise you chicken but I can catch you something that resembles a bird if you want?" Tigra offered, stretching a little.

Darren: "Been driven to canabalism already, bro?" Darren waved at the flying man.

Gambit: Free? How the hell did they manage that? This place must've cost a fortune to run. Climbing off his bike, though still leaning on the handlebars, his devil-eyes cast over the building. Another game over, and his voice... Remy'd recognise it anywhere. "Non, l'homme. Vous êtes du Bayou?"

Lorna: "Well, Xavier's pretty well loaded so that's how." Lorna admitted with a laugh, ing up the steps. "Jay, there we go, now we're having a Cajun reunion."

Jay: "Hey garcon." Jay grinned easily. "Always. Don' make me tell y'all what Ah do t' turkey." He turned to the new guy, eyes wide. "Wé, ami! Et tu? Je suis-" He grinned sheepishly at Lorna. "Ah, shaddap. Ah'm a long way from home, remember."

Darren: "Nothing's stoppin' ya from going back there, cockatiel," Darren teased, waving to Selene as she headed back inside ... that ring looked damn good on her finger.

Tigra: "Except the horrible zappy invisible wall around the city..."

Gambit: Gambit chuckled. "Sorry, cherie. We keep de home language down for now, non?" he said to Lorna, smiling, before turning back to the newcomer with interest. try as he might, he was quite unable to stop himself looking over his unusual body. "Happy t' be hearin' a decent accent again, I tell y'."

Lorna: "Reno's farther but I've not felt the need to don any of your feathers for a showgirl costume...yet anyway. Maybe I should borrow something for anniversary time or Bobby's birthday." Lorna had a good laugh. "yeah, watch the wall thinger...that's just not kosher though I guess we can jet it well enough."

Jay: "Ah know - it's bin too long. An' you an' Bobby have too many of my moltin's, ami, no more." He laughed. "An' oui...name's Joshua, by d' way, but mos' round here call me Jay." He held out a hand to the new guy.

Gambit: "Re- Gambit," he corrected himself swiftly, the familiarity of a Cajun accent making him feel more comfortable than he should. He shook Jay's hand firmly, liking this place a little more with another Cajun in residence.

Lorna: "Now, that's some nice bonding all ready." Lorna skipped a few of the steps and caught the door. "Shall we begin the grand tour?"

Gambit: "Oui, cherie. Okie t' leave de bike here f' now?" he asked, not wanting to take it to the garage just yet. He was much too eager to see inside the house... and see if all the women at Xavier's were as attractive as those he'd already met.

Darren: Darren shot the boy a sidelong glance, "Maybe we should start with Cess' office?"

Jay: "Non - she's busy an' uh...y'll never get him out." Jay grinned knowingly. "Break d' boy in gently."

Gambit: "Trust me, de last thing Gambit needs is breakin' in gently," he said, though not quite intending it to come out sounding as it did. Ah well, there was no taking it back now.

Tigra: "... Let's just get inside..."

Darren: Darren let out a quiet snort of laughter.

Lorna: "I think I should either be paid more or fired for the things I know and hear." Lorna hurried in at that.

Jay: "Oh oui?" Jay raised an eyebrow at that. "Ah'm gonna hafta see dat for myself some day. F' now, let's get inside - it's fuckin' cold an' Ah want coffee." He paused. "Ah got chicory, if y'all fancy...?"

Tigra: "I'm gonna go... put some pants and a shirt on..." she headed for the stairs.

Gambit: Silently cursing his choice of language, Remy followed the group in, keeping close to his fellow Cajun. Stepping inside, it was clear that this place was loaded. You could tell just from the panelling on the walls, the finish to the ceiling. Way above Remy's standards/

Lorna: "Yeah, can understand that...still no big fan of winter." Lorna groused, shaking the show off of her shoes. "So, what do you think so far?"

Jay: "Oh, Lorna? Dat music essay? It's gonna be late, ami - Ah messed up an' did d' wrong thing on it an' had t' restart. My fault f' tryna do it at butt a.m. in d' mornin'." Jay smiled sheepishly, hand going through his red hair. "Feel free t' dock my grade accordingly."

Gambit: "Thinkin' it's a good t'ing Gambit's here as a guest, otherwise he'd be breakin' in here t'night.."

Lorna: "Hey, not a problem. I'm not grading anything until break's over so you've got time." Lorna brushed the essay worries aside. "And definitely good to come in this way as that way."

Jay: Jay shot him a grin. "Good luck gettin' t'rough dem security gates an' shit, ami, Darren an' Selene monitor every inch of dis place twenty-four seven. Den dere's d' fact most of dis school don' take kindly t' havin' shit stolen..." He winked. "Still, if y'all here to stay, it's a sweet deal, trus' me."

Lorna: "We've had...problems with break-ins before. Maybe you can help out sometime by testing our security and so forth?"

Gambit: "Never said I was here t' stay," Gambit pointed out, not wanting any of them to think he'd committed to anything as he wandered along, still taking it all in and mentally tallying the worth of the place. "And ain't met a system yet I can't get t'rough."

Jay: "Ain't met d' guy yet dat can beat Darren, ami." Jay chuckled, shaking his head. "But y'all wanna try, be my guest, homme - jus' watch out for dem pidgeons, awright?" He clapped Gambit on the shoulder. "Eh, whether y're stayin' as a guest or stayin' for a while, y'll be welcome here, s' long as you don' push your luck."

Lorna: "Well, we'll have to test you on that." Lorna smiled and turned to attempt to give a tour. "Right, down that away is the most important room, kitchen."

Gambit: Remy cast a glance over at Darren, wondering just what it was that made this guy so formidable. Electrics, hadn't they said? As if electrics could stop a son of Jean-Luc LeBeau. Still, he'd keep that to himself for now, making his way into the kitchen. "What's de policy on drinkin'?" he asked curiously.

Darren: "... Sorry I zoned out there a sec," darren shook his head, "What're we talking about again?"

Jay: "Hard an' often, ami. Hard an' often."

Jay: "...D' drinkin', dat is."

Darren: "Oh, yeah, just don't raid the teacher's kitchen for booze, they get angry and wrathful if you do ... detention's the easiest you could get off."

Tigra: Greer slid back down the handrail to get down the stairs, glad in her usual lack of clothing - a halter top and hotpants. But she'd acquired shoes and done away with the fur. "You guys didn't get far..."

Darren: "We started talking booze."

Jay: "Eh, Ah have a store of La Fee Vert if y'all are in d' mood. Mates from N' Orleans send it up."

Gambit: "Dat's what I like t' hear," Remy replied, grinning approvingly. Tigra reappeared, Gambit unable to help himself but give her an appreciating once-over. She looked good in skin. "Thinkin' Gambit might need a welcome party, non?"

Tigra: "Oooh party! Let's do that, I like a good excuse to try and get drunk!"

Darren: Darren noticed the look, "Just make sure she doesn't give you fleas dude," he winked.

Jay: "Thinkin' so, eh?" Jay's accent was noticably thicker around the other Cajun, and he grinned, arm going around Gambit's shoulder. "Absinthe, vodka, whiskey, anythin' y'all want, oui?"

Tigra: "I don't have fleas you jerk!" She smacked him.

Gambit: Unfortunately, Gambit had no idea just how serious Jay may have been... but regardless, he'd keep it in mind. That didn't stop him being able to look, though. Jay's arms thrown around his shoulders now, Remy couldn't help but feel at ease around this guy. "Pick me up at 6, homme."

Darren: The smack did nothing except cause a slight, but very strange ripple across his body, like she was stapping something semi-liquid, "Oh, so you remembered to front-line yourself? I'm pretty sure i've got a cat-treat somewhere for a good girl," he poked his tounge out at her.

Darren: .... Should he warn the new kid about Jay and what he probably had intended .... naaaaaaaah, this could be hilarious.

Tigra: "You're an asshole. I'm going to the kitchen." She stalked off down the hall.

Jay: "Oh Ah will, ami. Y' better dress t' kill." He grinned. "T'ink Ah got a nice pot of gumbo too if y'all feel d' need f' some real spice."

Darren: "You say that like it's a shock to you," Darren called after her, smirking a little at the other two guys, "Yeah, I know ... but she rises to it every damn time, y'know?"

Gambit: "Better dan de stuff Gambit's been eatin' lately. If we're doin' dinner, y' better pick me up earlier," Gambit said with a laugh. A cajun, who drank, and knew good food? What could be better?! He watched Tigra stalk off a little discouraged: she was nice eyecandy to keep around.

Darren: .... Oh lord, this was going to be perfect, he was totally setting up a pigeon-cam and getting some popcorn in for this!

Jay: "Four about right den, homme? Ah can have y'all fed an' wasted come eight, or my name ain't Joshua Jameson."

Gambit: Completely oblivious as to just what he was getting himself into, Remy replied "T'ink I'm dat easy t' get wasted? Hope y' got plenty a bottles in stock, mon ami!" He laughed, turning to Darren. "Y' gonna be joining in, oui?"

Jay: "He can join, but he cain't get drunk - plus Ah'm a bad influence on him." He winked at Darren. "Might get all over-excited, ain't dat right, garcon?"

Darren: "... Oh I wouldn't miss this for the world," Darren said, "we need to get the pratice in before my bachelor party anyway, right?" He nudged Jay.

Jay: "Hell yeah! An' trust me, Gambit - dis is homebrew moonshine. Y'all ain't gonna know y're feet from y' armpit by d' time Ah'm done with ya."

Gambit: Gambit had had his share of unusual drinking buddies in the past, but he could safely say that Jay would no doubt be the oddest, in appearance alone! Lorna had left the boys to it, Gambit slightly lamenting the lack of female company, though the Cajun company made up for it. "Comin' here? Best decision Gambit's made all year."

Darren: Darren grinned widly, "It's a pretty sweet deal here, even better when there's ... y'know, no end of days going on outside."

Gambit: "De world, she has a way of sortin' herself out," Remy said, feigning wiseness. In reality, the situation seemed rather dire... but one had to be optimistic, right?

Darren: "Right ..." Darren gave shifty looks either side, "now that we've dumped the women for the moment, It's time to show you the good shit, to ... y'know, keep you ticking over till everything goes back to normal."

Jay: "Yeah - 'specially wit' Gede on d' case, eh?" Jay shot Darren a look, and then a grin. "...Y'all mean...?"

Gambit: Gambit raised an eyebrow inquisitively. Jay seemed to have a clue what was happening, but Gambit was in the dark,

Darren: "It's time to show you the wonders of technology, seriously, they are wonders," he jerked his head towards one of the doors.

Gambit: Gambit released the breath he didn't realise he'd been holding. Technology? Really? Great. He was about to be shown some amazing machine that he didn't really care about, or a state-of-the-art whatever.

Darren: Though poor Gambit didn't have a choice, Jay and Darren were steering him towards the lift anyways.

Tigra: Greer wandered back out into the hall with a mostly raw steak and a bottle of water. "You know there's more of the house than the hallway right?"

Darren: "We're skipping to the good bit," Darren called over his shoulder.

Tigra: "Ooooh good bits!"

Gambit: Following politely, though hoping he wasn't about to be shown some super amazing security system, or the biggest, fastest calculator in the world, he tried to keep optimistic. Maybe whatever this was would be interesting. Maybe.

Jay: Jay patted his shoulder as he saw the guy's face. "Trust us, ami...dis is gonna be amazin'."

Darren: Darren hit the switch and the normal looking door slid open, revealing a lift, "Okay, what you gotta bare in mind is that this isn't a normal school, we arn't normal people," he said as they all climbed in, "and a fairly common mutation is super-human intellect."

Darren: There probably wasn't much point in going into the science of hard-light technology, "There's quite a few sub-levels, they're a bit ... sci-fi, where we're heading is somewhere called the DR."

Greer: Greer chewed merrily on her steak, wondering where she was going to put her plate when she was done with it.

Jay: "T'ink...Star Trek. D' Holodeck, ami." Jay smirked. "Only it's called d' Danger Room here. We use it t'...train...mostly..."

Darren: The door shut with a hiss and they started to decend.

Gambit: "DR?" he repeated, going over possible translations of the abbreviation in his head. Something-Room. Data? Nah, too boring. Danger Room? Sounded.... dangerous, oddly. "Ain't gonna find de Enterprise down here, am I?"

Greer: "Only if you find the right program...."

Jay: "Not unless y'all're into dat kinda t'ing. Ah dunno, next frontier..." Oh god. Thank you, Bobby.

Darren: Darren snorted and rolled his eyes as they came to a stop and the door opened, revealing an empty, white corridor.

Gambit: Staring down the plain hallway, Gambit was decidedly unimpressed so far. "Minimalist. Like it. In fashion."

Jay: "Fff. More like easy t' clean d' bloodstains. Medlabs down here too."

Darren: Darren snorted, "This isn't the DR, it's behind the door," he pointed, "come on, the ladies are waiting."

Jay: "Ah hate t' disappoint a lady." He shot Darren a dirty look before grinning. "'Specially considerin' dese are some high-calibre ladies. After y'all, Maestro."

Gambit: "Ladies?" Gambit repeated, confused. What, they kept a troupé of females down here or something. These two were enjoying their little secret too much for Remy's liking, and he was eager to finally get in on it. Hurry up and open the damn door, already..

Darren: Darren keyed in the code to the door ... and then sighed, "Awww, didn't realised it was booked already ..."

Jay: "...Y'all're kiddin' me. Ah swear, if it's Reed again..."

JP: On the other side of the door there were presently no ladies and Jean-Paul would be very offended if anyone tried to argue that fact. "It's fine, come on in, I hadn't actually started anything up again." He peeked out to see who all was with Darren. "Hello roomie, and hello someone I've not had the pleasure yet."

Jay: "Hey JP. Dis is Gambit...wouldja mind if we uh...introduced him to d' DR a little?"

Greer: "Ooooh please say it's okay!"

Gambit: "Bonjour," Remy said, with a small wave to the stranger. Knowing this was a mutant home, he couldn't help but wonder just what the powers were of each person he spotted. Still, he figured it was bad ettiquette to straight-out ask.

Darren: "Gambit, this is JP, he speaks french too," Darren said by way of introduction.

Jay: "Well, not quite. He's Canadian French." Jay grinned. "Makes swearin' at each other fun, oui, ami?"

JP: "Our room is an absolute horror for delicate ears. We do do our fair share of swearing as well." His eyes rolled at Jay a bit but smiled. "And what nefarious ideas do you have in mind for the DR today?"

Gambit: "Most beautiful language in de world for cursin'," Gambit chuckled. Being insulted in French was almost a pleasure.

Darren: Darren just grinned and called out, "Danger? Be a babe and run the DC Funtimes program?"

JP: "...fun times?" Jean-Paul's eyebrow arched even higher than it's natural place.

Jay: "Oh oui. If dey don't know what y're sayin', could be y're chattin' dem up. Win win either way."

Darren: The blankness materialised wooden pannel walls and soft red furnishings, cozy little booths and platforms with poles ...

Darren: "JP .... you might wanna cover your eyes," Darren gave the biggest shit-eating grin as the music started and the girls materialised.

Jay: "...Ah swear, Black Canary's gonna make me go blind one day..."

Greer: ".... I love this program."

Gambit: As the room transformed, Remy couldn't help but take a step back in surprise, eyes wide as he looked around. This... this was amazing! He'd never seen anything like it. As the dancers started to appear, his jaw dropped just a little. "Non, last t'ing y' wanna do is cover y' eyes, homme.."

Jay: "Swear down, ami, dis place can do anything y'all want. An' Ah mean anything."

Gambit: "...Gambit t'inks he may jus' live down here, merci..."

Darren: Darren had the smugest look on his face, "Oh yeah, and they're very accomindating, these girls."

JP: "...Oh joy, now I wish I hadn't shared." Jean-Paul deadpanned, just shaking his head. "Is this what we have to look forward to for your bachelor party then, Darren?"

Greer: "Who made this program? I need to buy them things... many things...."

JP: "I'd try to lie and say it was me to get free things but I have a feeling you wouldn't believe me."

Gambit: "Not enjoyin' de view?" Gambit asked JP disbelievingly.

Jay: Jay hooked a finger into the waist of JP's pants and tugged him over. "Aw hush, mon ami, it does good t'ings to dose who need it. If it's dat bad, Ah'll sit on y're lap so you don't hafta see, oui/"

Darren: "Former student i'm afraid, Bobby and I discovered it one day while we were deleating old programs to free space," Darren threw himself into a booth and snapped his finger, Poison Ivy and Batgirl sashaing over to dance on his table.

Darren: "Let's just say ... JP's not into this sorta thing, and don't worry, Jay's handing my bachelor party, you just know there's gonna be male strippers even if it's just to try and terrify me."

JP: "Nah, I'm sure I can live. If you were in my lap I'd be tempted to give you a dollar." Jean-Paul glanced up at their current entertainment. "Well, in that case I'll have to help him terrify you." He smiled approvingly. "Yeah, not quite my cup of tea to say."

Jay: "Then I saw her, from across the room - Poison Ivy doin' jello shots with Doctor Doom. Like the Eye of sauron, I couldn't look away - She was with some joker but dude was prob'ly gaaay..." Jay's voice completely changed as he grinned widely before reverting back to the Cajun drawl. "Ami, y' know dere will be."

Jay: "Jus' a dollar? Ah'm hurt."

Gambit: Gambit couldn't quite believe it. As real as these girls and this place were... he couldn't get over the fact that it was all an illusion. Technically, anything goes here. Mutely taking a seat at another table, he could do little else but take it all in, still in shock.

JP: "Make it worth more and maybe you'll get a raise."

Greer: Greer reached out to grope one of the simulations, "They feel so real...."

Jay: "Oh hell yes, y' know Ah can." Jay winked with a laugh.

Darren: Darren leant over to Gambit, "It's something called Hard-Light Hologram technology, solid illusions basically, the guy who came up with this ... put a lot of effort into it," he winked as the two dancers ground against each other on his table.

JP: "Darren, I'm not the one to talk at the moment but I'm pretty sure sharing the science might damage the effect a little bit."

Darren: "Science is sexy," Darren protested.

Greer: "Yeah don't shatter the illusion...." she groped some more.

Gambit: "He needs a medal, Gambit t'inks," he said, running a hand over his face as he glanced around, vaguely taking in JP and Jay as they joked with one another.. perhaps a little too comfortably. Better they amused eachother than anyone else (i.e himself).

JP: "...yeah, you're right science can be pretty sexy." Jean-Paul found himself slightly distracted for a moment but waved the thought away.

Jay: Jay simply smirked, still keeping a tight hold on his roomie - he wasn't going to grope, he preferred his women real and able to leave the DR. "Oui. So...y'all likin' dis place den, Gambit? Ah hope y'all remember d' booze an' shit's still t' come..."

Gambit: "Pretty impressive, gotta admit," he said, loving the view, but still quite unable to get his head around the fact it was all an illusion. It'd take some getting used to on a physical level, he figured.

JP: "Booze? I should be made aware of such plans, yes?"

Darren: "Hey, do you know what I found down here the other day?" Darren called over .... damn he could really do with a beer, the only thing that could make this better would be beer.

Gambit: "Strangely, no idea, homme," Gambit replied with a smirk.

Greer: "Treasure?"

JP: "Reed and Danger?"

Darren: "Beds."

Greer: "... Huh?"

Jay: "...Beds, ami?"

Gambit: "Someone testin' de limits of dese holo-girls, sounds like," Remy said, a bit weirded by the fact.

JP: "Well, I guess it's nice someone doesn't just kick their roommate out or something...which reminds me, do we have a door hanging policy?" He looked back to Jay.

Darren: "Seriously, beds, and bedrooms, from all different cultures and time periods. Arabic, imperial chinese, 1920's ritz ... beds upon beds upon beds ..."

Greer: "Oooooh sounds like fun!"

Jay: "Ah dunno, considerin' we tend t' occupy it at d; same time..." He grinned. "Nah. Ah know better'n t' come near y'all when Adam's over. Guy's...keen."

Darren: "I'm figuring someone had a lot of fun with them," Darren shrugged.

Gambit: "Guess so," Gambit shrugged, adding in his head 'Someone who can't get it in de real world, clearly...'

JP: "Whoever is doing the bed thing I am impressed." Jean-Paul had to admit. "And yeah, keen is the word."

Darren: "It was like ... an ancient program, it was last opened two years after the school opened you know, guess whoever it was left."

Callie: Callie had intended to use the DR as her gym of choice, but there were people already using it. She poked her head in a blinked. Flashing lights glinted off her pink skin and red hair. "Oh, wow. I do not think I should be here...Is that Robin? Come here, with those scaly panties, hot stuff!" She went in fully, waving at everyone. Oh. A new person! Wonderful. She dimpled.

Jay: "Eh...Ah try not t' look to hard at d' sorta programs dey have here. Darren...y'all remember Vic at all? D' huge guy? Ah came across one of his Sabretooth programs...guy was a kinky fuck."

Greer: "Hey Callie!" Greer waved and smiled at her.

JP: "Well, we may never know." Jean-Paul looked up. "Callie, excellent, help me deal with all of this. Hmm, Robin?" He started to look around.

Darren: "... Dude, I found some old footage of him and his girlfriend ... seriously kinky," he peered around his dancers, "Callie? Are you even old enough to be in here?" he teased.

Callie: She rolled her eyes and sidled up to JP. "Of course I am old enough! I was just surprised." She poked JP. "Are you going to introduce me or will I do it for myself?"

Gambit: Who cared if she was old enough. She was a cutie. Leave her be. Remy instantly had a smile on his face. He got to his feet, crossing over to her. "Gambit, cherie. Though pretty face like yours, y' can call me whatever y' like."

JP: Jean-Paul smirked at that performance. "I believe he prefers to do it himself. Seems to be the pro-active type."

Darren: "Don't worry man, as far as I'm aware she's fair game," Darren called over, going back to his dancers.

Jay: "...Seriously? Can Ah have it?"

Darren: "... Do I even want to know why?"

JP: "...yes, this is why we're going to start a door hanging policy because I don't want to walk in on you sampling that."

Callie: "Callie. It is nice to meet you." She took his hand. "I like Gambit. It is different." She smiled again. "So, when did you arrive?" Finally, a hot man with manners!

Gambit: Performing the same twist-of-the-hand trick he'd pulled many times before, the handshake shifted into Gambit kissing the back of Callie's hand, charming grin in place. "Just today, cherie. Might be stickin' 'round fo' a while."

Callie: "Oh, very fine manners you have." She smiled wider. "Wonderful. It will be nice to have more friends."

JP: Jean-Paul leaned closer to the others. "I feel as if we should get her a fainting couch."

Gambit: "Pretty girl like you must already have a tonne of friends, non?" Gambit continued, still holding her hand. Was it the light that made her skin seem so unusually pink? Probably not. It wouldn't be the strangest thing he'd seen today, he supposed.

Callie: Callie blushed becomingly on cue. "Yes, a lot of friends." It couldn't be the lighting from the club that made his eyes look so weird. Black on red. Or was it red on black? It didn't matter to her. "But nobody special." She shrugged and removed her hand coyly before he could kiss it again.

JP: "Be careful, Callie. He probably does this to all the girls."

Gambit: He held onto her hand for the briefest moment before letting her pull it away, straightening up with his smile still in place. Finally, a girl who was both responding well to him, and wasn't engaged or married. There was hope for this place yet! "Nobody special, cos you outshine dem, cherie."

Gambit: Turning to JP, Gambit raised an eyebrow, quickly adding "Quick t' be makin' assumptions of people y' literally just met, aren't y'?"

Greer: "Man now I feel offended..."

Callie: "Flattery will get you nowhere, handsome." But she did dimple again. It was nice getting complimented.

Darren: ... This guy was better than net-flix when it came to entertainment value, seriously.

Callie: "It's called flirting, JP. Try it out - it is lots of fun!" She whispered in his ear.

Gambit: "Flattery? Non, cherie. Just callin' dem as I see dem," he retorted, having gone through these motions so often that the words slipped out of his mouth with ease.

JP: He shrugged. "Just teasing but yes, I generally am a bit quick at that. Of course, doesn't mean what you're saying isn't true." He had to give Callie a mock-offended look at that. "I'll have you know I'm more than capable of that."

Greer: "Yeah... still feeling offended over here... if you want me I'll be in the corner with super girl over here..."

Callie: Callie snorted, hearing a glib reply when she heard one. "Well, you must have all the girls at your beck and call, what with your face. Though, nobody can compete with green panties." She turned her attention back to the pole. "I like this program!"

Gambit: Damn, lost her. Oh well, he figured. Another time, another place. She didn't seem like the hard type to win over. Casting his eyes over to Greer, he tilted his head. "C'mon, cherie. Stunner like you? Y' don't need a guy like me tellin' y' de obvious, non?"

Greer: "Doesn't mean I don't like to hear it once in a while... hell knows it'd be better than the crap I put up with from Darren..." she shot a glare at the other guy.

Callie: "You are like a furry Betty Page, Greer, and you know it!"

Greer: Greer blushed a little at Callie, "Well thanks!"

JP: "Careful, Gambit, might lose them to one another if they keep on this."

Darren: "You know, I've told you before if you didn't react, I wouldn't do it," Darren gave her a lazy smile.

Greer: "It's so offensive, Darren..." she frowned at him, "Seriously... it'd be like someone telling you were a walking spyware program... or something..."

Gambit: Sensing a disagreement that had been going on longer than he'd been around, he figured this topic was one he best avoid involvement in. JP's comment caused him to chuckle, yet at the same time, the way they all interacted together reminded him sharply of how much of an outsider he was.

Darren: "... Well yeah, I am," he shrugged, "people call me all kinda things, no reason to get worked up about it, they're just words."

Greer: She shook her head, "You just don't get it..."

Callie: Callie looked sighed at the argument. "They are always like this, I am sorry, Gambit. But hey, at least you know what you are walking into, now."

Darren: "No, I don't think you get it," he shrugged again.

JP: "I always figured Darren was more his own personal CCTV, recording our every motion ready to use anything he sees."

Darren: Darren just gave JP a slightly unsettling smile.

Greer: "Well then we'll just have to agree to disagree and you'll just have to tolerate the occasional blunt object hurled at your head."

JP: Jean-Paul gave Darren the same kind of smile. "I can put on displays for you."

Darren: "Fine by me," not like it could hurt him, the smile faded a little at what JP said, "... Actually, I think i'll pass."

Gambit: "Sure t'ing," he replied to Callie, though his smile had faded somewhat. "Just... gonna step outside a minute, mon amis," he said as he ran a hand through his hair, making his way past both real and holographic persons alike, outof the sliding door and into the hallway. He breathed a heavy sigh. He didn't do well in these weird, almost family environments.

Greer: Greer frowned after him a little, "Did we do something wrong?"

JP: Jean-Paul decided to put that up as a personal victory, kicking his feet up, then arching an eyebrow at Gambit. "Maybe the holograms were too much after all."

Callie: "Yeah, your bickering scared him off!" She crossed her arms.

Greer: Greer chewed her lip and looked down at the floor, now she felt bad....

JP: "You can always go out and console him. Go, get to consoling. I believe the phrase is 'get it, girl.' for this situation."

Icarus: Jay watched Remy leave, frownng slightly. "...Don' t'ink dat had anythin; to do wit' it. 'Scuse me." He quickly followed, finding the guy outside. "...Gambit? Y'all mind if Ah join y'?"

Greer: Greer threw her empty plate at JP's head.

Callie: "Pfff." She waved her hand at JP.

JP: Jean-Paul ducked quickly. "What was that for?"

Greer: "Sleeze."

Callie: "Oh hey!" She was going to leave too if they started trowing things!

Gambit: Lost in thought, he hadn't even heard the door open as Jay joined him. The voice snapped him back to reality, and he quickly threw on his usual care-free expression. "Non, feel free. Just takin' a break, homme," he said with a casual shrug. He'd prefer to be alone... but he could hardly say that.

Darren: Darren rolled his eyes at the plate throwing, how juvenile.

JP: Jean-Paul's eyes rolled at that, not even bothering. "New guy is quite something though, will give him that."

Callie: "He seems very nice."

Greer: "Yeah he does, he let us stay at his hideout in the city last night... after a fleeing from zombies...."

Icarus: Jay smiled a little, pulling out a slightly dog-eared packet of cigarettes, pulling one out and offering the packet to him. "Don't mind 'em, ami, dey can be a bit much. If y'all like, Ah can show y' some slightly more outta d' place ways t' hide when dey're bein' kids." He lit his own. "God knows Ah sometimes cain't hack d' noise...bin alone too long, Ah think."

Darren: "I like him, he knew to back off from a taken women," Darren shrugged, "if he decides to stick around could be good for him, and this place," God knows sometimes he felt outnumbered by all the women here, more dudes could only be a good thing.

JP: "You know, I never thought fleeing from zombies would be something like 'Oh, that again, must be tuesday.' I feel it's skewed my world view forever."

Gambit: Pulling a cigarette out, a nod of thanks, he touched a finger to the tip of it, charging it for a moment and a small crack as the energy exploded, lighting it. "Mebbe. Ain't used t' all... dis.," he said honestly, as Jay seemed to already have the score on him.

Greer: "... Yeah it kind of has... but maybe that'll be a good thing... some how?"

Callie: Callie was lost on the colloquialism, too.

JP: "Just as long as it ends before we become complacent with them."

Callie: "What does that mean, 'must be Tuesday'?"

JP: "Hmm? Was just saying it's not exactly anything new and shocking anymore...that's unsettling."

Icarus: Jay nodded. "'Fore y' ask, Ah ain't a mind reader. But Ah've been minus a family now f'...years, ami, Ah know dat look. Darren, he's got a big family, Greer's might dislike her but dey're still kickin'...JP has his sister, no idea abou' Callie. Me, Ah ain't got shit. An' sometimes dis place gets a bit much, oui? So...don't worry so hard abou' it, if y'all need space y'll get it, an' if y' decide to stay...well, y'll find they'll pull in f' ya too."

Gambit: He remained quiet, though nodded, smoking as he listened and thought. Since leaving home, he'd been a wanderer. He'd never settled, and never made friends he had to lose when he left town. This place.. it would change that. "We'll see, ami. Dunno if dis place is right f' me, yet."

Darren: "... Naah, not really ... though, that could just be me and the fact i'm in senior year ..." Darren looked thoughtful.

JP: "You're far too jaded now to know what to find unsettling?" Now that had to be unsettling.

Greer: "I don't find it that unsettling either... but I've had a weird few years...."

Callie: "I will never get used to them. So sad, and scary."

JP: He looked over to Callie. "I think they're demonstrating what I meant."

Greer: Greer laughed, "Oh honey, I was this way before I got here - when you live in the wilds for two years you have to get used to bad surprises."

Icarus: Jay nodded. "Dat choice is yours t' make, mo ami, don' let anyone take dat away. Jus' know dis might jus' be d' best damn chance y' get, oui?" He smiled. "At leas' stay f' Christmas. D' food's to die for, no kiddin', an' Ah wasn' jokin' about d' amount of booze." He blew out a plume of smoke. "Y' want dat alone time, or you kosher now, ami?"

JP: "...honey?"

Darren: "She's hitting on you, flee while you still can!"

Callie: Callie looked between JP and Greer and started backing towards the door.

Greer: "You'd prefer 'sweetie'?" she raised an eyebrow.

JP: Jean-Paul let a good peal of laughter out. "Oh, I'd say she's barking up the wrong tree but i don't think Greer would appreciate being accused of barking."

Greer: "Hell no, got more class. And I'm not hitting on anyone, I call everyone 'honey'.... Is that not okay?"

JP: Jean-Paul had the sense to bite back the next bit of laughter. "Oh you can stick with whatever you want."

Gambit: He had a point. He might as well take advantage of the free hospitality over Christmas: it wasn't as if he was going back home, after all. "Oui, I'm fine," he assured Jay, before giving the guy one of his very few honest, genuine smiles. "Merci, mon ami."

Greer: "If it's not okay I wish someone would've said something sooner...." she frowned a little. Why didn't people ever say what they were thinking...?

Icarus: "De rien, ami, pas de probleme." Jay grinned. "Y'all have any problems, jus' gimme a bell, a'right? Now...Ah know did is impolite, but Ah'm kinda curious. What is it y'all do exactly?"

Callie: Argument diffused, Callie crept over to an empty couch and sat down, primly crossing her legs.

Gambit: Gambit couldn't help but laugh at the question. "T'ings I shouldn't," he replied, taking another drag from the cigarette. "Gambit's job.. Well, Gambit's old job, was takin' t'ings dat don' belong t' him." Now, he took them for himself.

Icarus: "Don't we all, ami." Jay laughed. "Ah used t' do a bit of dat - not'ing much, food mostly, but y' know how it is, somet'ing shiny an' you just gotta have it. Guess Ah got d' right mutation for bein' a magpie." He chuckled, wings flaring a little with a soft metallic chime from the metal one. "Oh...yeah, we shouldn' smoke indoors, but Ah ain't met one smoker who keeps to dat rule, so hey."

Gambit: He eyed the wings with interest, wondering just what had happened to have one replaced with metal. Not something you just asked, though. "I ain't one t' keep to de rules," he said, glad that the smoking prohibition wasn't strictly kept to. "Mebbe we make sure dey ain't killed eachother yet, non?" he suggested, gesturing at the door to the Danger Room

Jay: "Oui...though Ah doubt it." Jay grinned, punching in the code. "Darren's near enough as laid back as me, but den he did have me as a roomie f' like...two years." The door slid open. "Hey hey, mes amis, did y'all miss me?" He grinned at the rest.

Darren: "-Auto-tuned camel ... that's how I'd describe the noises she made- Oh, hey Jay," Darren waved over at the two cajuns.

JP: "Well, I suppose we can't make any disparaging remarks about her humps. Welcome back." Jean-Paul waved. "We're discussing camel-like mating rites. I apologize ahead of time."

Callie: "Yes, you both were greatly missed!"

Greer: Greer sat down next to Callie and opened her bottle of water.

Gambit: "Don't wanna know, hommes," Gambit remarked, still smoking as he walked back in. The sobering conversation with Jay had dulled him to the effects of the Danger Room. He barely paid attention to the illusions around him. "Listen.. y' got a bedroom dat I could set up in? Been a long few days 'n all.."

Darren: Darren gave the guy a smile, "Yeah, there's plent of spare beds dude, sure Jay'll show you to one, right bro?"

JP: "Oh there's still loads of free beds. That's not a problem at all."

Greer: Greer looked between Jay, JP and Gambit... poor new guy.

Jay: "Well good. Ah vote we go upstairs an' chow down, because Ah dunno about y'all but Ah could do wit' some serious food - an' fuck y'all, Gede, ain't dat much of a predator. Sure Ah'll show y' a room, ami." Jay saluted lazily. "Y'all wanna kip now? Ah'll save y' some food f' later."

Callie: "Well, I came down here for yoga classes, so I'll see you all later." She changed programs so the room became a hot zen-filled oasis.

Gambit: "Might shower, at least. See how I feel," Remy said, not sure if he wanted to be alone or not, so figuring he'd leave his options open. He had a feeling Jay would understand that.

Greer: Greer blinked at the sudden disappearance of her chair. ".... Ow."

Jay: Jay nodded. "A#right. C'mon den, Gambit - let's get y' settled in." He grinned, leading the way out of the DR.

Darren: "I'll leave you too it then Callie," Darren smiled, getting to his feet, "have fun now," before following everyone else out of the room.

Callie: "Sorry! I thought there would be cushions in this program. This is a different one than the one I usually use."

Greer: "It's fine..." she got to her feet, "Guess I should leave you to it... unless you want company?"

Callie: "It's hot yoga, if you can stand it, sure!"

Greer: "I'm sure I'll be fine," she grinned, "Company it is!"
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6