X-Men novels?

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Men novels?

Post by Siona »

A few days ago, I went to Wal-Mart with my mother to find a shirt for my costume in an upcoming play. As I was dragged ((involuntarily :X )) to the clothes sections and past the books, I swear I saw an X-Men book. It wasn't a graphic novel or comic book, and it couldn't have been one of the movie novelazations because I saw Cyclops in blue spandex and his old visor. I swear I saw it, but it was gone the next day, and when I try to look up X-Men books on the 'net, all I get are graphic novels. :bawl

Are there X-Men books out there?

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Men novels?

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by Siona
I swear I saw an X-Men book [with] Cyclops in blue spandex and his old visor.
Might have been the first Chaos Engine novel. There's a three-part series of paperback novels about the X-men; try searching amazon.com for "chaos engine".

I haven't read them and don't know anything more about them.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Archangel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-Men novels?

Post by Archangel »

BB I OWN ALL THREE THERE AWSOME AND A MUST BUY!!! THERE AWSOME
DR dOOM MAGNETO RED SKULL!!! MUWHAHAHA
"There are things that go bump in the night. We are the ones who bump back." ~Professor Broom~

"When you see red: Stop. When you see blue: Bamf. And when you see the ground.. Well, I told you to stop."
~Ryo and Hushy~
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Men novels?

Post by taekwondodo »

I've actually seen a few X-Men novels, and checked some out from the library a while ago as well. I don't remember much about the ones I've read, however, as they were eminently forgettable. I don't think I've read the ones BB and Archangel mentioned though.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men novels?

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

There is also a paperback trilogy about the legacy virus and the Hellfire Club. I don't have them in front of me, but I just picked up the first two and the third has not been printed yet, to my knowledge. I'll try to get the exact titles and author up tomorrow
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men novels?

Post by Warbird »

I've seen them in the comics store, but honestly, I read comics mostly for the art. Yeah, I like a good story, but I'd rather see it than read it. I like my novels to be actual literature and my Comics to be drawn. I'm sure these books are well written, but I can't get excited for them.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men novels?

Post by BAMFCentral »

Novels w/ Nightcrawler in them. He's just a part of the team in most of the novels, but he shines a bit more in Soul Killer.....

Novel List: :)
http://bamfcentral.com/collect.asp?Main ... l_GrpID=27
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Men novels?

Post by Siona »

Mystery solved! I just got it yesterday: It's really old school, no Nightcrawler to be seen. :bawl It's called "Shadows of the Past" (Hey...waitaminute!!!!) but, not having it with me, I don't know who wrote it.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men novels?

Post by BAMFCentral »

but thats what makes Amazon so great. if you know part of the info on the book they have ways to search for other aspects. You had the most info the title...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ce&s=books
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men novels?

Post by thylacine »

There is this book of short stories... I believe it is called "25 years of the X-Men" or something like that. Excellent. Gotta get that one! Check it out.