Final Explanation

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
thewildeman
Lubber
Lubber

Final Explanation

Post by thewildeman »

Thanks for letting me respond to that before closing it. I was taken completely out of context. That seems to happen alot here. I look to threaten no one. I don't make threats, I educate and take action. In my field it is reasonable and acceptable. I was "set up" for embarassment for no better way to explain it. Basically, I have just been told to shut up on top of it. No problem. Please consider this my notice, I won't be back. I have no problem with obeying the rules, I never intended to be in the position I was in. And yes, Slarti, you made yourself very clear. Good bye.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Final Explanation

Post by Crawler »

As for anyone that I MIGHT be talking about who MIGHT be reading this, even though you might NOT be a member, you better hope you have a spotless record, because I work in law enforcement, I am going to find out all I can about internet laws and YOU and then I am coming for you. Your life is about to really suck.
YOU broke the rules by threatening people here. That thread was closed because it was degenerating into a flame war.

And you had 4 or 5 chances within that thread to explain what the hell you were talking about and didn't.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Final Explanation

Post by sevati »

Yeah, what was this "set up" problem anyways? No one had a clue what you were talking about.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
thewildeman
Lubber
Lubber

Final Explanation

Post by thewildeman »

I just stopped back by to let you know that the Internet Hacker/stalker I was dealing with has been arrested. In a way, I should thank you, the flaming I received boosted this guys confidence enough for him to give away crucial information that was used to bring him down. No, I could not possibly warn anyone here directly because he was monitoring my every move. He was wanted on several felony/federal charges and will be going away somewhere where the closest thing he will have to a computer is counting on his fingers.

Now, take another look at what I posted before, and if you still think I was threatening YOUR WEBSITE, then any further explanation from me will be pointless. That's part of the reason I will be taking my leave anyway. Like I said, I only stopped by, because this guy likely affected your website and you have a right to know that he is gone for good. I may check on this thread alone, and I may not. Your welcome to email me if you like. Have a nice life people.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Final Explanation

Post by Crawler »

We know you weren't threatening the site or us personally. However, you were using our site TO threaten someone, and that is STILL unacceptable.

Not to mention that you rolled a threat to someone that is apparently unaffiliated with us in any way into a post about how you were mad that your posts were lost.

Now, if this person somehow contacted you through us or we're somehow involved, then let us know, as we were unaware of any such activity here.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
thewildeman
Lubber
Lubber

Final Explanation

Post by thewildeman »

Did you read all of my last post or just the last paragraph? Something drastic had to be done to get this guy to screw up so he could be caught. He wasn't part of your site, but was going to hack it and make it look like I was involved for revenge about somebody else I had arrested or something (he wasn't clear on that part). So here is another try to spell it out without any more hints..........

I dont think anyone who is a member of this site had anything to do with deleting ANYTHING.

I used that to make him think that he was driving me over the edge, to make him try and take credit for it and brag to me about it. IT WORKED.

What I did, saved several websites from having to deal with him, including yours. If that is unacceptable, SORRY.

You know, I wonder if any of you have ever been stalked? This is a side of law enforcement that the general public doesn't get to see. I have been stalked a total of 4 times now in the last 6 years. All of them failed and two of them were arrested. Only ONE was never caught, because he stopped before there was enough evidence to track him down. I am the only officer for my part of the job for a city of 200,000 people. My caseload last year was 2,700 people. I meet crazies and sickos on a daily basis and some of them have to go to court or jail. They don't like it and I have about the most memorable name I could have for the business. It's a damn good thing I know very well how to defend myself. I know who to call and when to call.

Ya know, I really just don't feel like my whole message is getting across here. Is there a language barrier here or something? Man, this is frustrating, I feel like I should be offering a dictionary.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Final Explanation

Post by kurtlover »

And you didn't read Crawler's last reply either, so i guess you are both even.
I know is hard when you are stalked and its a scary experience, but the board has NOTHING to do about it.
thewildeman
Lubber
Lubber

Final Explanation

Post by thewildeman »

"the board has NOTHING to do about it"

Yes, I just explained that. I also responded to his post, I DID read it. I tried to explain it. It is still falling on "deaf ears".
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Final Explanation

Post by Maelstrom »

Wilde, honey... I think it isn't so much no one's listening as people are hearing it differently than you intended. It's all about perception. I understand that you were "poking" this stalker to make him screw up. And your plan worked. That's wonderful. The last thing I want to see is another stalking nutcase, and I'm very happy he's been caught.

But....

I have to think that this whole controversy might have been avoided if you privately contacted the admins ( C and Jill ) and told them what you were planning. Then everything would have been fine. You could have provoked the stalker out into the open, then explained to the rest of the populace what was really going on, and even had Jill and C behind you all the way.

As it is... well... I'm gonna be honest, honey. It kind of looks like you took a generic problem that hit everyone (having your posts deleted) as a personal attack. :shame I know you didn't mean it that way, but that's the perception. And perception is the most important thing here, for better or for ill.

This thread is starting to heat up again, and it's really not necessary. I don't think I'm the only one feeling uncomfortable; seeing friends fight has always made me very queasy. There's been misunderstandings all around. Please... can we just drop the issue? :shame
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Final Explanation

Post by kurtlover »

Originally posted by thewildeman
"the board has NOTHING to do about it"

Yes, I just explained that. I also responded to his post, I DID read it. I tried to explain it. It is still falling on "deaf ears".
Yeah you did, but i'm still not getting it.

If the board has nothing to do about this, then why you posted it here? that involves the board.
And it can't be "deaf ears" because we aren't talking, we are just typing, posting replies on a message board.

Maelstrom is right, there's no need in sinking into a discussion here, and those are my intentions, but i'm sorry i just can't get why this thing started.
thewildeman
Lubber
Lubber

Final Explanation

Post by thewildeman »

Okay, I do not want this to get heated, that is not my intention either.

Kurtlover, I posted this here, because this site was his next target. He was lurking here, so whether I liked it or not. Whether anyone else liked it or not, he was here, lurking, preparing to strike. I had NO choice in my actions. It was now or never.

Believe me, I would have greatly preferred talking to the admins before I took action, but I was cut off by this hacking lunatic. He was good enough to intercept email. I don't know how, he just did. So I was literally "mute" to coin the term. And when I said "deaf ears" I was just speaking in terms relative to the situation.

Let me make it clear again that I do not take deleted posts personally, that happened because of the site crash. I just so happened that I was able to use it to seek and capture this criminal.

Maelstrom, your response has been the most concise one I have seen to this subject, thank you. That is the purpose of this thread, to get others to understand what has happened here, so that they know, I don't blame the site, the admins, or any member of this site. To make sure that everyone understands why I did what I did and how I had no alternative to my actions. I had to put myself into a position that (probably sacrificed my image as a member here) drew out this nutjob and got him canned (thrown in jail). I hope this is a better explanation. I really do want people to understand, that is why it is so upsetting.

Even so, now the question will be on everyones mind somewhere, just what thewildeman was all about. I don't know how I look around here now, but I don't think its good. It's too bad, it was a risk I had to take. At least you don't have another crash coming (not from this hacker anyway). For that, I guess, I can accept becoming a pariah. What can I do? Nothing. That is why I am still on my way out of here. I just wanted to take the time to make sure I am understood before I go.

You're all decent people, okay? Nothing personal towards you, it's my own image I have to deal with.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Final Explanation

Post by kurtlover »

Originally posted by thewildeman
Okay, I do not want this to get heated, that is not my intention either.

Kurtlover, I posted this here, because this site was his next target. He was lurking here, so whether I liked it or not. Whether anyone else liked it or not, he was here, lurking, preparing to strike. I had NO choice in my actions. It was now or never.

Believe me, I would have greatly preferred talking to the admins before I took action, but I was cut off by this hacking lunatic. He was good enough to intercept email. I don't know how, he just did. So I was literally "mute" to coin the term. And when I said "deaf ears" I was just speaking in terms relative to the situation.
Ok, you should make this clear since the beggining, thanks for the explanation, because, honestly we were hardly understanding what were you trying to say, and i know its in the past now, but for future references, it would be great if you adress to somebody of the staff if something like this happens instead of making it public.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Final Explanation

Post by sevati »

I'm still lost. Can anyone besides Wilde explain this to me in plain, simple English?
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Winnowill
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Final Explanation

Post by Winnowill »

Oooh, can I try?
1) An unknown entity was lurking here bent on hacking the board and embarass this poster.
2) This poster is a police officer, since he says he arrests people.
3) Poster had to take drastic action to save this site. He could not notify admin because his every move was being watched.
4) Poster pretended to be driven over the edge causing unknown entity to swell with pride and give away enough info to be caught.
5) Entity has since been arrested and will be locked away a long time due to felony charges.
*****This leaves the following questions. If this poster is the only officer for 200,000 people, why is he wasting his time "protecting" this small, albeit great, site?
** Since he couldn't use his computer to contact admin, why not use one at the library or a friend's house?
**It seems amazing that an arrest warrant, the suspect apprehended, felony charges have been issued, all in such a remarkably swift time.
**I thought they tracked hackers via isp address, trace routing, reverse dns queries, etc???
*** Forgive me if I have my doubts. It just seems all a bit much. Almost like someone making up a grand story, rather than a professional giving a factual explanation. I truly am sorry if I am incorrect.
thewildeman
Lubber
Lubber

Final Explanation

Post by thewildeman »

Originally posted by kurtlover

for future references, it would be great if you adress to somebody of the staff if something like this happens instead of making it public.
Like I said, I couldn't do that. I pray never to deal with a stalker like that one again. If I didn't do something, which had to be public, it wouldn't have worked and your site would have been severely hacked.

sevati: where exactly have I lost you? I am serious that I want others to understand.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Final Explanation

Post by kurtlover »

that's why i mentioned "in the future" and i guess all the staff people have emails and messengers that are displayed for the public in general, just extra information for you, if something like this happens again. I wont talk about this anymore, its over now, and nothing happened anyway.

Now that we seems its clear now, i'm closing this thread.
Thanks