Spiderman Unlimited

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Spiderman Unlimited

Post by scheherazade »

Well, there doesn't seem to be a thread for this new series, so I'm starting one.

As far as I know, Spiderman Unlimited is meant to draw younger readers into the comics, by updating spidy (having him be a teen in the present time)

I picked it up after seeing a good review of it somewhere, and figuring I'd never be able to get on my feet with the real Spidy series.

It's surprisingly good! I mean, for older fans and folks. It had two stories in it, one was sweet and the other was funny. The second one, primarily, I thought would appeal more to old fans. Every other line was a sly poke at Spidy cliches, and the art was similarly amusing... I'd pick it up just for the panel with the Hulk holding an itty bitty gun... *giggles madly*

One thing I noticed; This title looks like it will pay more attention to minority characters. It's got a cameo by Luke Cage, and the baddy from the second story is black as well (he's apparently also an old character, but I'm not very familiar with the spidy continuity, so I'll leave that to someone else to confirm)

So, yes. Discuss...