What are your Favorite Uncanny Covers?

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

I would like to know what your favorite Uncanny covers are. It can be from 1 - 434. But Uncanny only.

Here are my choices :P

X-Men 50

Polaris-I've always been fond of this cover done by Steranko.

Giant Size X-Men 1-intro New-X-Men

100 Old vs. New X-Men, 101 First Phoenix, 113 the cover battlescene with Magneto, 130 1st Dazzler...yeah!

Awesome cover! The triumphant Dark Phoenix taking a hold of the X-Men marquee and crushing it, destroying the last symbol of her former, now defeated, teammates. Very cleverly done!

Another awesome cover! I love the coloring here. Now the defeated Dark Phoenix lies motionless in Scott's arms, as the other X-Men look on in pain and sorrow. The cover alone gives the reader the feeling this is truly the end of Jean.

Oh ya! Mutants in the not far too distant future have been killed, captured, or in Wolverine's case, haven't been found. To read over the poster behind the future Logan and Kitty of who has been killed or captured is quite fun. I wasn't happy, however, that Nighty made the killed list and not the captured. :(

Great group shot! Love Nighty hanging all over Colossus, all the while his tail hangs over the X-Men marquee. Gotta find that issue:P

Hot issue with Jean and Logan in each others arms. Way too hot! :hot

407 and 415
Nighty covers!:D Although Nighty is also on 412, I wasn't as fond of that cover as I was of the 407 and 415 covers.

Now tell me your fav covers!

Pwease? :puppy
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BamfChyck »

I'll have to wait until later to check the numbers on my favorites.

I was wondering, NL, if it'd be possible for you to post pictures of your favorites. I don't have all those and would like to see them. If you can, if it's not too much trouble, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

we don't have all of them, but we have some of the ones he listed as his favourites in the gallery....

#372: http://nightscrawlers.com/forum/image.php?iid=726

#407: http://nightscrawlers.com/forum/image.php?iid=727

#415: http://nightscrawlers.com/forum/image.php?iid=730

I will have to think a bit on my favourites, but the cover to #407 is one of mine as well, i can tell you that right now :)
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by BamfChyck
I'll have to wait until later to check the numbers on my favorites.

I was wondering, NL, if it'd be possible for you to post pictures of your favorites. I don't have all those and would like to see them. If you can, if it's not too much trouble, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Here are most of them BamfChyck.

X-Men 100
X-Men 101
X-Men 113
X-Men 130
X-Men 135
X-Men 136
X-Men 141

I'll try to find the other ones.:)

*edit* Found two more :P

X-Men 50
X-Men 394
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BamfChyck »

Thank you so much! Thank you both, NL and Bamfette. That was really sweet of you to do.

I can see why you like those covers so much.
I'd forgotten how Jean was squeezing the letters on 135. That's cool.
And 407 is so sad!

It was fun to see those.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

Well.. This list will probably grow but I liked:
407: Kurt was all sad!
433: Kurt with his hand on his hip and looking all sassy and stuff!
429:I liked the way Bobby was flying over everyone
426:Polaris did not look happy, and they way she was drawn looked really nice!
416-419: The anime look really worked well for these! i like the way Kurt looked!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
sapphirescimitar
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by sapphirescimitar »

I only have... Three. :P

But #97 isn't that bad...

It won't show it because it's hosted by Tripod! :bawl Urhm... The only thing I suggest is go here: Comics And look under "Several X-men Comics..."
Cocnuts.