this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

Found out today that due to taxes, my income will be 125 euros less each month from now on. Poverty isn't quite here yet, but it creeps a bit closer every year. I will get there eventually. And there is nothing I can do. Yay for disability.
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Had to take my mandatory gestational diabetes this morning. -_- Had a cranky woman who blew out a vein in my arm, then got snippy with me that I wasn't drinking the sugar crap fast enough, then finally, thankfully, called in another woman to take care of me. Bitch. :mad
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Oh man, Slarti! I'm so sorry. I hope the other lady was nicer!
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

The other lady was very nice, however I still ended up with four holes in me. ><

Also, had a very scary scare during that test that made me think I was going into premature labor for a while... -_-

Then I got in a fight with my mother because she was griping to me right after my traumatic experience. It ended with me hysterically bawling right when my father showed up to go buy us a crib mattress and go shopping for baby stuff.

Then I found out I had the wrong day on my obstetrician appointment and missed it while I was getting my blood sucked, and had to reschedule.

Then I had a dude at Home Depot take out his cell phone, wave his hand over it and tell me "My crystal ball says I don't know" when I asked him how long they were running specials on carpet installation. -_-

Then had a Home Depot contractor call and tell me that there's no way the STORE would have told me he was coming in the morning to measure for new carpet, because he sets his own appointments. Bitch, please, I know what they said.

The day ended with me crying hysterically to Scott when he finally got home after ALL DAY he wouldn't answer the text messages and calls I put in to him.

Then THIS morning after asking my dad to stay up here so somebody could be there for the carpet measuring asshole with his afternoon appointment, got another call from the contractor, this time a manager, saying that guy had called in sick and cancelled all his appointments and we'd have to reschedule. I have yet to call them back and yell at them.

And all this happened after I had a confrontation with my boss Tuesday night because he's already hiring my replacement ... yet, I'm not GONE yet.

I'm teetering between bawling and ripping off people's faces right now.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

So, the alarm clock didn't go off this morning, which meant that Matt and I had to practically run to the bus station. Matt got lucky, and the bus was still boarding when we got there. I felt like crap because I woke up and had to run about 15 blocks, so I went back to bed when I got back to my room.

I got up, had dinner, started to do homework, and slipped from the loft. My finger swelled to about twice its normal size and started bruising pretty much right after it happened. I called Matt, put ice on it, called my mom, talked to my RA, and got sent to the security desk, who sent me to the hospital.

The taxi driver was a douche and demanded I pay him even though I told him I would when he took me back to the dorms. I got pissed and paid him because I got tired of fighting over $5. The school was supposed to pay for the ride.

Waited forever at the hospital, got x-rays, waited a lot more, and finally they told me I'd sprained my pinky, which sounds really lame.

Since the cab driver wouldn't wait, I had to walk back to the building. Luckily, my roommate was with me, so we were both lost. Finally got directions and made it back, where I ended up having to talk to security again.

So, basically, my homework didn't get done, and I have a final critique for the class tomorrow. I emailed my teacher, but I don't know how it'll go over. Plus, I'm in pain.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Elwing »

I'm scared. My mother has had this horrible cough for months she won't go to the doctor with, and she looks increasingly ill. She's of the "Let's not go, they might find something bad" persuasion. I prefer terrible news over uncertainty myself, but I don't want to push her because I have to respect the way she makes her own decisions. And now I'm miserable because of what might be, and she may be scared too but unwilling to talk about it in case it upsets me.

What a nice couple we are. Maybe I should try being bluntly honest, or something. I'm afraid this is the big one.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Finding something bad now is better than finding something worse when it's too late to be treated. El, go ahead and be blunt, but tell her a friend in emergency medicine (who's already dealt enough with the consequences of people not seeking prompt treatment for illnesses/injuries) said it. And tell her I said it would be good for your own peace of mind as well as for her own well-being if she got looked at for that cough.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Elwing »

Hmm, called her, and told her Angelique and me are really worried. She says she is going next week, if the doctor has time, but really it's better already and it's just a cold. (which she has had for a year!)
No, she's not scared or anything, Don't you worry 'bout a thing girl.

Knowing her, she won't go.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Fire drill at 8 AM. :bawl
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Elwing wrote:Hmm, called her, and told her Angelique and me are really worried.
Knowing her, she won't go.
Next time, you can tell her I'm worried too! But be sure to tell her I'm not the right kind of doctor and therefore totally unqualified to make any kind of judgement on her health. (In other words, her own daughter's concern should be adequate to convince her to go.) :-)

Good luck.

-e
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Ugh, I just missed being in the same room as Hugh Hefner. ><
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Sick as all hell and can't open the cafe. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuckit. D:
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Severe depression is an awful thing to try to deal with. I wish this nightmare would end.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

My daughter's pre-adolescent awkard phase has only just begun, and she's logged two injuries and a trip to the 24 hour clinic in as many days. First injury was a twisted wrist from playground roughhousing. Thankfully, it wasn't bad enough to keep her out of her violin recital. But then she ended up needing X-rays after- I kid you not- she tripped over her own foot. The good news is that the growth plate fracture her doctor and I suspected was ruled out. The bad news is that, as I've often heard, "soft tissue injuries can be more difficult to heal than fractures."

Another silver lining is that, when the doctor said my daughter should stay off her feet and rest for a week, I got a good laugh about that. Yeah, good luck to me getting her to comply with that, particularly since, likely as a result of my daughter's adventure, I picked up some "waiting room crud."

[Edited on 2/11/2010 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

I've been cheating on Scrawlers a bit on a Halloween forum for the last week or so, and good GOD I've never seen a more contentious pack of jackals! Not only do they all bicker, they seem incapable of following a linear discussion in a forum and nearly all of them need to go back to school to learn some basic fucking grammar and spelling.

This one woman has been harping about how trick or treating is extortion in this one thread for two days. Why, lady, are you hanging around at a Halloween forum when all you seem to be able to do is complain, take other people's comments out of context, and then play the victim when somebody calls you on your bullshit!

Made me homesick for this place. :shifty
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

The one upside to my battle with the "waiting room crud" that's settled in my throat and sinuses is that I now sound like an extra from "The Walking Dead" as well as feel like one.

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Well, finding spam in the ass thread was an extra bit of ass, lol. Gone now, buhbye.

So, not personal ass, but a shitty situation nonetheless. There was a military death in Afghanistan in one of the towns we cover. Well guess who released a notice they'll be picketing the funeral? -_-

Since I refuse to give them more attention by linking their site, I'll copy/paste a bit of their release, just because it's so... omg.

[quote]

GOD HATES AMERICA & IS KILLING OUR TROOPS IN HIS WRATH.

Military funerals have become pagan orgies of idolatrous blasphemy, where they pray to the dunghill gods of Sodom & play taps to a fallen fool.

This message to be preached in respectful, lawful proximity to the memorial of Sgt. 1st Class [name removed]

Sgt. 1st Class [name] gave his life for the Constitutional right of WBC to warn America. To deny us our First Amendment rights is to declare to the world that Sgt. 1st Class [name] died in vain, and that America is a nation of sodomite hypocrites.

“Except the Lord build the house, They labor in vain that build it; Except the Lord keep the city, The watchman waketh but in vain.â€
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

I am confused...the biblical quote makes no sense whatsoever. And why are the pooping all over that guy's funeral if he died to give them their right to poop all over his funeral and...I get headache...
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

If the funeral is in, say, Missouri, a location for the WBC picket within a "respectful" proximity to the funeral would be in, say, South Waziristan.

[Edited on 4/11/2010 by Angelique]

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Ugh, WBC... :yech

So, I haven't had mountain dew in, like, 4 days (that's a record for me), and I stop by 7/11 to buy a bottle on the way to class. I pay, get out of the store, open the bottle, take a sip, and think "Huh... this tastes funny."

...Look at the label. Yeah, diet. -_-
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I had debated with myself if I should post this in the "Untold Stories..." thread or here. Because this charlie foxtrot has gotten way bigger than an indie comic book creator coordinating efforts to help veterans, this goes here.

http://www.soldiersperspective.us/2010/ ... nder-fire/

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Assy, but a necessary ass. Yesterday my husband, dad and father-in-law started ripping up our old carpet. Uuuuuuarghackug. The dust, it hung in the air like fog it did.

Scott and I both now are having allergy fits. And yes, we did have dust masks during the removal, but it's rather impossible to live in a dust mask when the problem is where you have to sleep.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Elwing »

be careful, that crumbly carpet foam underlayer stuff is naaaaasty:(
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

OMG is it! In the hall where the main traffic is concentrated the pad was STUCK to the floor and I watched my father-in-law scrape it up with a putty knife. Soooo disgusting. Puffs of dust and what I imagine as crystalized dog urine from 20 years of three dogs was all over.... soo, sooo gross. We're going to have (well, I say we but it'll be Scott) to scrub the floor with bleach water just to feel clean. ><
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Waiting in a paper dress in a freezing cold exam room for an hour is not necessary! Time your appointments properly, doctor's staff!
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro