Marvel Manga?

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Shadowcat
Lubber
Lubber

Marvel Manga?

Post by Shadowcat »

I saw an issue of this at a Barns & Noble and was looking through it and wound up very confused. (Have you noticed that that tends to happen to my sister and me a lot?) It had some of the X-men and there was a Spidy one too. The story didn't really seem to fit anything that Marvel is doing at this time. Help?
:bunny:bunny We are the bunny warriors. Fear us.:bunny:bunny

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#33)

Mischen Sie sich in den Angelegenheiten der Drachen, für Sie sind knusprig nicht ein und schmecken Sie gut mit Ketchup. :lockheed
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Marvel Manga?

Post by Bamfette »

er... Marvel is just putting out a new format of Trade paperbacks, to appeal to a wider audience. they are all out of Marvel's Tsunami line of comics.... New Mutants, Namor, Mystique, Sentinel, Runaways, Kingpin, Human Torch, Venom. I don't think they ever did one with Spider-man, tho... oh, maybe you saw Kingpin or Venom... i am *thinking* the X-Men one you saw was New Mutants or Mystique. some of them are new characters so don't affect or reflect any of the other titles, such as Sentinel and Runaways, though they are technically in the same continuity and timeframe as the main titles. some are in continuity at present time but use old characters, like Mystique and New Mutants. some are set in the past, like Namor and Kingpin. others are out of continuity, re-workings of characters, like Human torch and Venom(? i haven't read Venom, so not totally sure about that one).

the comics themselves have been coming out for about 6 months now, they are just collecting them into trades, those 'Marvel Manga' books you saw. i think the first ones were supposed to be hitting the shelves this month, so... but i don't know which ones were to be included in the first wave.

go here for a bit more info:
http://nightscrawlers.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2949

OH! or you saw the Marvel Mangaverse trades... there is a Marvel Mangaverse one, that is just general, and has some X-Men, and 'Legend of the Spider-Clan'

is this what you saw?
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookse ... 9358&itm=2

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookse ... 114X&itm=1

if so, a while back Marvel did a Mangaverse thing... they did 'Manga' versions of popular titles, most were single issues, but Spider-Clan and the general Mangaverse continued into limited series. and later, they put out a Phoenix Mangaverse book. they are absolutley in no way connected to regular continuity.
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Marvel Manga?

Post by Entropy »

also a few years ago they also did both x-men and spiderman in manga style (not the more more recent marvel mangaverse). image even did a spawn manga version i believe. these books tended to be real manga as opposed to merely the same art style. they were very similar to the star wars manga out awhile back also.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...