Captain America: The First Avenger

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Captain America: The First Avenger is for the most part set up and ready to go, pretty much set and cast, and even has a release date.

I'm souped, even if I'm weary of Chris Evans.

I love his acting ability, he was the only actor in Fantastic Four who actually could play a scene, but unfortunately, as stated, he was already in a Marvel movie. Now, those may be getting Retconned by Marvel Pictures, but it may be too soon for some audiences.

However; Captain America is such a drastically different character that the similarities between the two parts are few to none, and no one should really notice.
Provided Chris does his job right.

I'll be honest, I was pulling for Chris Pine. But this is okay.

What do you guys think?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Red Skull has been cast!

HUGO WEAVING!!!!!!
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

The Shield's lookin' pretty good! What do you guys think, with all the recent SDCC talks?

I'm especially excited for this Captain America teaser to finally show up. I think the stabbing at the beginning of the Panel by the Harry Potter guy sort of put a damper on that though. I bet they did a security check after and everyone had to dump everything. No cameras, no special pirating. :( Boo.
BAMFCentralII
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BAMFCentralII »

the stabbing???
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

ComiCon, as you may know, gets so full so fast that even the actors from the films that's being advertised and such can't get a seat if they don't come early enough. Now imagine a guy who came and saved a seat for a friend, and now imagine another guy wanting that open seat. An argument broke out and the guy who wanted the open seat pulled out his PEN and STABBED the guy that was saving the seat for his friend. Luckily the stabber missed the stabbee's eye.
BAMFCentralII
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BAMFCentralII »

eep

ppl get crazy when seating is limited, heck even going to baseball games i've had a few ppl crashed in my seat that were not "nice" about moving...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Stabber was in a Harry Potter shirt.

CLEARLY A SLYTHERIN!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Awesome Interview with director Joe Johnston on the character, the symbology, and the patriotism that is CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER!!

Also, check out the sweet Red Skull in that interview as well! So fantastic! If I wasn't psyched enough before, I'm totally freakin' out now!!
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Awesome Interview with director Joe Johnston on the character, the symbology, and the patriotism that is CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER!!
Sorry, personal peeve of mine here and horribly :offtopic but I don't care what dictionary.com says, it's symbolism, symbology isn't a word ><
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

You're right, terribly :offtopic but...

The American Heritage Dictionary 5th Edition

sym·bol·o·gy (sm-bl-j)
n.
1. The study or interpretation of symbols or symbolism.
2. The use of symbols.

However, the use of this word is heavily debated. I don't use it in professional papers... But I certainly don't give a crap when I'm online. :LOL

That said, I'm excited for this movie, who else?

[Edited on 4/3/11 by Ult_Sm86]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

H.Y.D.R.A. is gonna be very BAD-ASS in this movie.

The more I see for this film the happier I get.

"The Avengers" is already rolling too. :3
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Sorry for the double post but I just gotta point out what an awesome job Marvel has done of promoting this film.

They've got some titles and fantastic one-shots lined up, they got non-threatening advertisements, and even better -- They have been marketing the movie to the right people rather than trying to play to every conceivable demographic.

DC on the other hand can't seem to make a movie right (except Nolan's Batman -- subjective of course). Green Lantern has been plastered on everything DC since months ago. Literally early 2010. Multitude of family & friends thought the film came out months ago. Either they thought it was Green Hornet, or they were under the impression the film came out for christmas and bombed.

They've been pushing that film too hard and too fast. And it looks cheap (IMO). What do we think?

How's the hype been for Captain America: First Avenger? How are you feeling about the movie? And what are your thoughts on summer blockbuster numbers in comparison to Green Lantern?