who/what is this Azazel guy, anyway?

Community created Nightcrawler knowledge base to answer all your questions in one place!
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

Isla da Monas? "Monkey Island"? Sure...that's close...yeah... :toothy
Daycrawler
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Daycrawler »

:D Monos, demonios, ¿cuál es la diferencia? Solo unas cuantas letras... Haven't you ever notice how evil those little monkeys can be... haha. uhm don't worry, I just have an overactive imagination.

"Prepare monkey armies!! We will atack at dawn!!! Mwhahahahahahahahaha!!!"
:tail
ImageBeing alone in a world filled with people is a horrible feeling
severedconnection
Lubber
Lubber

Post by severedconnection »

:poke
I'm not sure if any one know's of the demon in the movie the Exorcist, but people believed that wearing the image of a very high level demon would ward off lower evil spirits. The demon depicted at the beginning of the Exorcist is a demon as high or a small amount higher that Azazel is supposed to be. Real nice guy..hah. :evil
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Really? Hey, that's kinda cool, thanks for the info!

Speaking of the film (:yech), isn't the demon who possesses the kid Satan himself, cause I remember her (him, whatever, the kid who's possessed at the time...) saying "I'm the Devil. Now kindly undo these straps!"

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Beboots »

Hmm... Just a question... I'm not sure if this's been asked before (and I apologize if it has, so feel free to just show me the thread where it's explained...), but who came up with the idea for Azael to be Kurt's father? :? Was he created just for that purpose?

... Same question with Mystique. When she was first designed, was it with Nightcrawler in mind? Or was she created first, or indipendently? :?
/ERROR 406: file corrupt:Earth.config/reboot:universe? (Y/N)

:poke

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by Beboots
... Same question with Mystique. When she was first designed, was it with Nightcrawler in mind? Or was she created first, or indipendently? :?
Mystique was drawn by Dave Cockrum and pinned up on the wall of his work area. A writer whose name currently escapes me saw her, asked Dave for permission to develop her. Eventually she ended up to be Kurt's mother, though I'm not sure whose decision that was either.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Dave? Put up a poster of a blue chick in his office? Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverrrrrrrrrrrrr!! ;)

Cool story, though, never heard it; fact is always stranger than fiction!

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Tengu Aberdeen
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Tengu Aberdeen »

Originally posted by Bamfette
*gives Phoebe a cookie * :D

yeah, i know. but i really can't answer that particular question right now... it COULD mean Kurt is not a true mutant. but maybe not. it all depends on what Azzy is. you'll find THAT out during the Draco arc of Uncanny. considering the arc has already begun, it really isn't much of a wait.
Not really. Recall that Ororo was thought to be a Goddess, and she was a mutant. Same thing with Apacolypse (shoot! how do you spell his name?! argh!)

It could be that Azazel was a mutant who was mistaken for a God/Demon.
whitewolf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by whitewolf »

Okaaaaaaaaaay.
I'd personally like to leave it at the Crawler is just a mutant, pure homo superior simple. Azazel is just freaky, & i've never liked Mystique. Tough cookies on my part i guess:LOL But seriously, gotta love Kurt, but they're really have gotta have something cooking for it to be this out there
Does anybody get me here?
OutlawStaar
Lubber
Lubber
Title: Banned

Post by OutlawStaar »

Through Azazel it appears Austen has done the impossible. He made Kurt's origin even MORE confusing...

Not to mention by making him a real demon, he makes the demon metaphor literal, and cheapens the strides Kurt has made to find his own humanity (since in reality, he would've been denying his true nature the whole time).

And now Warren's gonna be a real angel too? Fan freaking tastic...
OutlawStaar has been banned for this:
(from X-Fan Chat)
22:02:26 [outlawstaar] Nightscrawlers is now my personal punching bag
22:02:39 [outlawstaar] a board full of Austen drones oh man this is fun...
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

You're jumping to conclusions. The story isn't over yet. Patience, patience. ;)
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

I think that this entire arc thing is so cool! I love being confused by things and this where did Kurt from makes me so happy! :D
Sock Munkey
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Sock Munkey »

Frankly, I never care for it when they try to inject too much theology into comics. Yes, it's nice to tie everything together but the whole coincidence of Kurt's appearance was what made him fun. :ooh
Blackwell
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Blackwell »

As for myself, I think this whole plot is really cool ^^ I'm the kind of person whole roots for the bad guy (as long as he's a really cool bad guy) and Kurt's demony looks is one of the many things that make him my fav. comic book character. If Azazel is really Satan like he claims, then that leads me to wondering how and in what way it will affect Kurt. Guess I'll just have to wait and see:bamf
"More people die in the name of religion than of cancer. And we try to cure cancer." -NightCrawler UX#423
Sylph
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Sylph »

And now I understand the latest Uncanny X-Sprites! Yay!!! And I learned a little about the bible too. I'm one step closer to understanding everything, and knowledge is power....Mmmm...power :lick
Just because an artist can paint a butterfly, does not make all butterflies a painting.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

OK- I'm getting confused here. Sean Phillips drew Azazel as having Nightcrawle'rs hands and feet, but Phillip Tan is drawing him with normal hands (I didn't get a look at the feet) So what's Canon here?
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

Since Sean Phillips drew Azazel with 3 fingers first, I would say that that is the cannon and the 5 fingers by Phillip Tan would considered a mistake.
Daycrawler
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Daycrawler »

Is it me or are they drawing Azazel less and less like Kurt........ In the last Draco he didn't even have his tail. *confused* :(
ImageBeing alone in a world filled with people is a horrible feeling
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

He was sitting most of the time in the last Draco. And was wearing a big cloak. You probably wouldn't see much of it. I think it wouldn't make much sense that Azzy would have 5 fingers and Mystique would have five and Kurt has two and a thumb. Can't recall....how many fingers does Nils have?
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

Have any of you read a fic on Fanfiction.net by Michelle2 called "The Truth Hurts"? It features Azzy pretty prominently, and it's somewhat of a combination of comicverse and movieverse, about a 60:40 mix. It's really good.
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

There's this one fic, "The Truth Hurts" by Michelle2 on Fanfiction.net that has Azzy in a big role.
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by thylacine »

Another thing... in one issue of "The Draco" story, it shows Kurt going to Bermuda (because the island is near Bermuda) and he heads toward the Carribean and Florida... ? This is not right. He would get way lost. Bermuda is way north of that area! Bermuda is actually off the cost of the Carolinas. These writers for Marvel ought to look at a map.
Nighty
Lubber
Lubber

Demon to the Core!

Post by Nighty »

Nighty has been my favorite the moment i picked up a marvel comic.
Unfortunately i lost track of the storyline since it has become too expensive here in belgium, besides i'd always have to import them, but other than that, is there anyone amongst the nightscrawlers who's first name is 'Kurt' too?
My full name is Kurt Van Lierde :naughty
Talon_Flame
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Talon_Flame »

Personally, I really loved the Draco. Abyss and Kiwi Black are just plain cool and I can't wait to see more of them. I thought it was hilarious that Kiwi Black is portrayed as silent and brooding, then at the end he asks Kurt to celebrate with him at the pub. Good stuff. And would someone like to tell me offhand if either of them appear in any other comics?
And while we're discussing siblings, what about Jillian? Someone admitted she might be his sister and they look a lot alike...and then she sexually harrassed him.:( Eww.
What is it with Kurt and siblings???
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

:bunny :bunny Bunny Warrior #8 Fear Us!! :bunny :bunny
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#37

Feel free to IM me, I love to talk!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

she's not his sister... that was just a friend of mine trying to rile me up, and Chuck got in on it with an interview. but he was just teasing me. she was never intended to be related to him in any way.

as for Azzy's fingers... in 428 he was drawn with 3 consistently (except when in disguise, naturally) after that he had 3 sometimes but it wasn't consistent and sometimes he had 5. just.... an art mistake, of which Draco had TONS. Nils has 5 fingers, btw.