Whitehouse Set

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Whitehouse Set

Post by Gaz »

I thought this was wicked cool. It's the set where the whitehouse scene was filmed. And it's huge! Check it out:

Cool, yes?
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Whitehouse Set

Post by rockstar »

HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL!!!!!

that's a lotta set!!!!

why are there no ceilings....... oh yeah! Nightcrawler's wires!!!! Cool!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for posting this!
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Whitehouse Set

Post by SheCat »

Yeah, thanks a bunch! Lotsa wood, lotsa white paint...all for a five-minute scene and a two-minute little extra-magiggy scene. :love

Did anyone notice that on one of the horizontal pillars in the office, the letter X is seen? The pillar is somehwere on the ceiling as is in the actual White House!
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
desaa
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Whitehouse Set

Post by desaa »

WOW THAT WAS HUGE:surprise 0.o ....BUT TOTALLY COOL!!!!! Hey...I do notice the X...COOL!
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Whitehouse Set

Post by Beboots »

Thanks for showing it to us... Very cool... :rolleyes
Originally posted by SheCat
Yeah, thanks a bunch! Lotsa wood, lotsa white paint...all for a five-minute scene and a two-minute little extra-magiggy scene. :love
Hey, they were good five-minute scenes and little extra-magiggy scenes. ;)Best of the movie! :D
/ERROR 406: file corrupt:Earth.config/reboot:universe? (Y/N)

:poke

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
RavenRyo
Lubber
Lubber

Whitehouse Set

Post by RavenRyo »

Wow I love that set. That is where MAGIC is made! The best scene of the movie! Oh yes I drool.:D
Where oh where oh where, is my teleporting power when I really need it? :bamf
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Whitehouse Set

Post by Siona »

Austin would appreciate me typing up the comment of "Does Bryan KNOW how many trees died to make that?!"

Oh, geez. :X

Is that circular one in the center of the pic the Oval Office? Wow. :ooh

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Whitehouse Set

Post by Bamf_Girl »

Woah thats freakin' awesome! ^_^ That is a big set, but don't forget LotR, New Zealand was their set lol
I am the Terrible Toad King!
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?
Your Terrible Toad Queen of course

TOAD FANS UNITE!

*Jumps up and down* I'm OMWOS! If I RP with ya, drop me a line!
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Whitehouse Set

Post by Gaz »

Yeah, the circular one is the oval office I think. Crazy isn't it?
Imagine renting out a warehouse dealy like that...."I need it for a teleportation scene..." I wonder if they took the whole thing down and what they did with the parts.....
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Whitehouse Set

Post by sevati »

Yeah, wow. Gaz, I see 3 possibilities: the set got put in storage if Marvel plans to use it for another one of their comic-movies; it got disassembled and parts were sold of for scrap (some crew members could have stolen suveniers); they sold the set to another movie that was set or partially set in the White House (this would only work if they had the same set designer work that movie as well, otherwise you'd be able to tell where X2's movie set ended and a not-as-good new one begun, they'd look somewhat different).

Now, I don't know if anyone has seen it besides me, but did you notice all the open space in between the set parts? It could be a little off as to the White House plans, but I'll tell you, very little of that space is un-used in the WH. It's all secret compartments, hidden closets and bathrooms, and Secret Service offices/stations. Neat, huh? Those areas are where some of the SS officers came charging from after Kurt!
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Riley
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Whitehouse Set

Post by Riley »

HOLY! :eek A lot of room for nighty to run around, bamf around, crawl around, just basically have a good time! :)
Hey! Dont Diss the Chicken! :smirk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I quit Scrawlers sometime in November, never to return again.
Ziox
Lubber
Lubber

Whitehouse Set

Post by Ziox »

OMG! That is one big set no wonder why
kurt could jump around like he did.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Whitehouse Set

Post by rockstar »

they probably borrowed the set from another movie. there are a lot of movies with the white house in them. 20th Century Fox might keep it stored somewhere until they need it.
(sure, they probably had to make a few changes for the teleportation deal, but hey. it could work)
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Whitehouse Set

Post by Siona »

No, they actually made it, rockstar! They say so in the X2 official magazine thing, they did.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Whitehouse Set

Post by sevati »

No no no Rockstar, they built the set just for the movie. They paid attention to every little detail, even the X's over the doorways in the Oval Office. There was a clip online and/or possibly in the HBO preview special with the art director or set design director.. it was a big blonde guy, I think. He showed the Balsa wood wall Collosus broke thru, and several parts of the White House set. It's possible I'm getting my specials mixed up though...

But yes, the X2 set design people made the White House sets specifically for the film.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Whitehouse Set

Post by Beboots »

Originally posted by sevati
They paid attention to every little detail, even the X's over the doorways in the Oval Office.
I think I remember reading somewhere that there really are little 'X's over the doorways in the real thing...the actual white house... :blend
/ERROR 406: file corrupt:Earth.config/reboot:universe? (Y/N)

:poke

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Whitehouse Set

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

Oh wow! That's a crazy-huge set!

I must look for the X's over the doors when I see X2 this Thursday! Our school has a movie night every moenth and they get to air movies before they come out on video! This month it's...X2! w00t!
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
Riley
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Whitehouse Set

Post by Riley »

LUCKY!!! i wish i could watch X2 at school. Or just X2. To bad i have to wait 2 MINTHS for it to come on dvd. And other movies after x2 came on movie theaters is already coming out! OHHHHHH!
Nice looking Set though
Hey! Dont Diss the Chicken! :smirk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I quit Scrawlers sometime in November, never to return again.
Q
Lubber
Lubber

Whitehouse Set

Post by Q »

HOLY!!! Wow that is a nice looking set! Even better in the movie. That 5 minute scene took months to do! Can you beilieve it!:D
Applaud to the set designers for the movie :clap they did a nice job!
2=px15 if the p= ....:ooh.... :?......Geez! I teach this stuff?! :yuck
:sabretooth
jimmy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Whitehouse Set

Post by jimmy »

ooooo:ooh
its soo big
5 minutes for all that? wow
that was a lot of work

jimmy;jubilee
:respecttoad nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nickelodeon :D yeah! The First Kids Network :thumbup
And Now you know, 'cause its Mikes Super Short Show!