Forge

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Forge

Post by nightcrawler30 »

what happened it forge? he was in a couple of eposides then all of a sudden he was gone. what happened did i miss something?
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Forge

Post by Siona »

Dunno, really; he's just kind of dissappeared. I suppose he was just a cameo to amuse folks.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Forge

Post by Beboots »

*shrugs* I don't know either... I actually thought he was pretty interesting, though... :rolleyes Was in in the comics, too, or just Evo?
/ERROR 406: file corrupt:Earth.config/reboot:universe? (Y/N)

:poke

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
EileenK98
Lubber
Lubber

Forge

Post by EileenK98 »

He's a canon character, I believe. Don't read too much of the regular comics, but I think he's from the comics. He's different in the comics, though. I don't think they had a Middleverse in the regular universe.
"And when I reach the other side,
I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can.
Perhaps I may become a highwayman again.
Or I may simply be a single drop of rain,
But I'll be back again . . ."

RIP Johnny Cash
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Forge

Post by Maelstrom »

In the comics, he was an adult (big surprise there, eh?) A Vietnam vet who had lost one leg below the knee. He was introduced in the early 80s as a government "weapons contractor". He originally created a gun that removed mutant powers, but had Henry Gyrynch (a ogv't agent who hates mutants) grab it while it was still a prototype and use it "in the field". He was aiming for Rogue, but hit Storm instead, damn near killing her in the process. Forge was absolutely livid: the gun hadn't been tested, he wasn't sure if it was safe yet, and Storm and Rogue were in the process of saving lives. He felt very guilty about it, to say the least, and never forgave Gyrynch.

Forge and Storm had an affair, but it ended after a little bit. The gun issued in the "Powerless Storm" story arc. She wouldn't regain her powers for years. Not certain what happened to the weapon, but I don't think it was used again.

Forge also had a magical ability. (Hey, he's American Indian. That means he knows magic, right? :rolleyes ) He didn't like using it, tho, because in Vietnam he released something truly horrid (a demon release on a bunch of Viet Cong). Many of the items he created in the comic bordered on technomancy.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Forge

Post by sevati »

Mael, didn't Forge also lose an arm? I ask because I thought in TAS he had a cybernetic arm.

After the Storm relationship, he dated Mystique for a while... she had some implant that wouldn't allow her to act like a terrorist anymore? She did love Forge, but hated that he controlled her like that.

I'm wondering if Forge will come back for Acension.. since everyone else seems to be coming back (Angel, Mags, etc).
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Forge

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by sevati
Mael, didn't Forge also lose an arm? I ask because I thought in TAS he had a cybernetic arm.
I'm not sure. I remember the leg because of that one scene in the comic where he was swimming without it. I'd have to look back again to see if he was also missing an arm (at least, when he was introduced).
After the Storm relationship, he dated Mystique for a while... she had some implant that wouldn't allow her to act like a terrorist anymore? She did love Forge, but hated that he controlled her like that.
I remember it sort of, but only because I read the info on Mystique on the Xfan page. That was way after I dropped Xmen and comics entirely. Wasn't that also when Mystique was starting to act really phsycho? I mean, just loony? :crazed
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Forge

Post by nightcrawler30 »

Originally posted by sevati

I'm wondering if Forge will come back for Acension.. since everyone else seems to be coming back (Angel, Mags, etc).
i think mags is gone for the rest os the season. [spoiler] after what happened to him when he fought appocy.[spoiler]
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Forge

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by nightcrawler30
i think mags is gone for the rest os the season. [spoiler] after what happened to him when he fought appocy.[/spoiler]
No, if you saw the commercial last Saturday promoting this week's Evo, you clearly saw [spoiler]Mags with everyone fighting Poccy again.[/spoiler]

Btw, you mistyped the Spoiler tag and it didn't close, you need to add a / in it
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Gambit
Lubber
Lubber

Forge

Post by Gambit »

Ya,Forge did have a cybernetic arm!He really did like Mystique but found out she was just using him.She is still haunting him...
(See mystique comics #1)
Family Tree
Now known as Metlord. >.>

Hello, everyone.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Forge

Post by SheCat »

Yes, Forge lost his right hand (not his entire arm) and his right leg in the Vietnam War during a B-52 bombing. He did not use his mystic powers for healing, because when his battalion was killed he made their spirits rise from the dead and attack the Viet Cong. However, they ran rampant and he grew so terrified of them that he ordered the B-52 bombing that cost him his hand and leg. He gave up his shamanic powers then and there.

He made his peace with Storm, after he created a device that restored her power (how long it took is not mentioned). He later helped the X-Men on many missions.

All this provided by the Marvel Encyclopedia of X-Men
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Forge

Post by nightcrawler30 »

Originally posted by SheCat
Yes, Forge lost his right hand (not his entire arm) and his right leg in the Vietnam War during a B-52 bombing. He did not use his mystic powers for healing, because when his battalion was killed he made their spirits rise from the dead and attack the Viet Cong. However, they ran rampant and he grew so terrified of them that he ordered the B-52 bombing that cost him his hand and leg. He gave up his shamanic powers then and there.

He made his peace with Storm, after he created a device that restored her power (how long it took is not mentioned). He later helped the X-Men on many missions.

All this provided by the Marvel Encyclopedia of X-Men
i the encylodedia x-men i hope they make a more resent one. any way i haven't about forge yet i'll have to do that.

weapon x
Lubber
Lubber

Forge

Post by weapon x »

dont forge(t)

forge was also leader/keeper off x-factor.
both their second and third incarnation
(havoc, polaris, random, stronguy, wolfsbane, quicksilver and multiple man)
(sabertooth, wild child, polaris, shard, mystique, val cooper)

forge does have a cybernetic hand.
(and off course a leg)
how he lost the hand is however uncertain.

(from my perspective any way)

he lost the leg in vietnam.

but it has been clearly shown that both his hand has been organic.
AND bio mechanic on and off.

for example: when the power less storm returns too search for him (right before the "death" off the x-men) his hand is clearly mechanic.
(before it was not)
right before him and banshee set out to find storm (who had been turned into a child and just met gambit while being chased by nanny, orphan maker and the shadow king etc etc etc)
he goes through an x ray ,achine that clearly shows both his hands as organic and his leg bionic.

banshee coments this (sorry guys i just realised im reading from the swedish verion off the comic. if anybody can tell me in which issuse this has happend then please, tell me)

while in genosha forges hand and leg are ripped off. completley.
which indicates that there is no organic residue.
hmm... the leg is also ripped off way above the knee cap.... hmm. i wonder where his bio mechanics stop. (no. that was not a sexistic comment)

also his power in the 616 universe were that he could see how things.... worked.
(hes the smart guy. not me.)
his powers made it possible to.. um..

okay one things certain. what ever his powers were i do NOT have them.
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Forge

Post by NightPoofer »

I'm still not sure what exactly his powers are. Is he some kinda robot mutant or something?
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Forge

Post by BamfChyck »

Originally posted by nightcrawler30
what happened it forge? he was in a couple of eposides then all of a sudden he was gone. what happened did i miss something?
If you're asking about Evo Forge, I vaguely recall him saying something like he had to find his parents and explain why he was 20 years late for dinner. Somthing like that.
CuteLittleBamf
Lubber
Lubber

Forge

Post by CuteLittleBamf »

I'm still not sure what exactly his powers are. Is he some kinda robot mutant or something?
His powers are Intuitive genius at inventing

and Mystical abilities (I don't think they have anything to do with his X-gene

That is of course in the comics

In evolution he seemed to have that robotic hand that he could make turn into a normal hand?
he can't do this in the comics though he dose have a an artificial right arm and leg he lost them in Southeast Asia
I think it's cool that they made him grow up in that era. It's truer to the comic forge
jimmy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Forge

Post by jimmy »

in x-men evolution i didnt like forge and i thought he was gay

jimmy:jubilee
:respecttoad nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nickelodeon :D yeah! The First Kids Network :thumbup
And Now you know, 'cause its Mikes Super Short Show!