New chat features - hide & show spoilers automatically!

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

You may already have seen the spoiler color in chat - it lets you protect spoilers from sensitive eyes by setting them to the background color. (It's the dark blue to the left of the rainbow spectrum.)

It can be a little difficult to read spoilers - you have to select the text, the way you do on the forum, but since it's moving as new posts come in this can be difficult, especially for older posts.

The new feature lets you type /spoiler (the same way you'd type /notify or /me or whatever other commands you favor.) By default, spoilers are hidden - they're the same color as the background text. Typing /spoiler causes these hidden posts to appear in white. Typing /spoiler again causes them to be hidden again.

Whatever spoiler value you choose is stored in a cookie, so you don't have to set it up every time you enter the chat.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Bunny, I tried it, but the first time it cleared everything but the last 20 messages. I did it again to make it go back to hiding spoilers and it also only showed 20 messages. Is it supposed to do that?
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

That's the way the chat handles a lot of features that affect the main screen. If it annoys people it can be changed.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.