Music

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Music

Post by Siona »

I recently got the soundtrack of X2 and I think it's bloody brilliant!! I was wondering who else liked the music?

And if ye didn't like it, why not?

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
hilowey
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Music

Post by hilowey »

Really? who's on it??? I didn't even know the movie had a soundtrack!
"God sneezed. What could I say to Him?"- Henny Youngman

"In Los Angeles, McDonald's quickly reacted to the highway shootings. They came out with 'Happy To Be Alive Meals'"-Al Clethen

"What was the name of the little boy whose nuts grew every time he told a lie? Pistachio."-Tommy Sledge
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Music

Post by Siona »

Not really people who wrote songs and stuff for the movie, but the music of the movies. i. e., the opening sequence.

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Music

Post by Tatu »

Hilowey i dont believe it is a soundtrack i believe its the score that was released...right Siona?
Call me King!
hilowey
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Music

Post by hilowey »

Oooohhh! Now I can imagine all the scenes over and over again and again and again in my head...:D
"God sneezed. What could I say to Him?"- Henny Youngman

"In Los Angeles, McDonald's quickly reacted to the highway shootings. They came out with 'Happy To Be Alive Meals'"-Al Clethen

"What was the name of the little boy whose nuts grew every time he told a lie? Pistachio."-Tommy Sledge
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Music

Post by Siona »

Correct!

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Music

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

Oh! I saw that! I was going to get it...but I only had 2.75. However I thought the names of the songs were amusing. "Sneaky Mystique" made me laugh. Why? Because I'm a spaz. But I really would like the score. I love the music from the X-men movies. Ecspecially just the X-men score.
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Music

Post by rockstar »

what was the name of the opening sequence? did they call it "Nasty Nightcrawler" or "Kickass Kurt"?

*BAMFs to Kazaa*
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Music

Post by Siona »

I can hum to that opening score as easily as I can to the Star Wars one! :D

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Project Autumn
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Music

Post by Project Autumn »

I LOVE movie scores. Beware, this is a long post. :D

Yes, the X2 soundtrack is the score from X2, as in a collection of the movie's orchestral incidental music. The X2 score was composed by John Ottman.

I think it's rather good - not my favorite movie score, but it has some awesome moments. When I saw the movie for the first time, I didn't think the score was very good because I couldn't remember any of the themes (save the opening one, which was in my head for weeks). Usually the scores of movies really grab me the first time I hear them, and X2's didn't. Except for a few random parts (the brief opening, finding Kurt with Cerebro, and that tiny little music fragment while Lady Deathstrike dies, for instance).

Upon seeing it a second time, however, I realized how good the score actually was. It's a sortof humble score, I think; it doesn't scream LISTEN TO ME, I AM AMAZING! while you watch the movie the first time (maybe because the visual effects are screaming LOOK AT ME, I AM AMAZING! :D ), but when you have the time to really listen and pay attention, you realize how brilliant it is. Ottman did a really good job putting warmth and depth into this score. And it gets fun when you start picking out the character themes... the Phoenix theme, Pyro's theme, and of course, Nighty's theme...

I guess since the visuals were so amazing, and since I know I was concentrating very hard on what was going on, there wasn't much brainpower left to pay attention to the music. :D Once you know what's happening, though, you can open up your ears.

It's very good. The brilliant parts of it are UNBELIEVABLY brilliant, in my opinion, but it's not consistently brilliant.

It is, however, in my opinion, an incredible improvement over the first X-Men score by Michael Kamen. He rules, but for some reason, X-Men just wasn't his best effort....
:kiss Member # 6 of the WKNWTSMT (Would Kiss Nighty With The Scary Movie Teeth) Club.

:crazed Member # 7 of the ILTSP (I Liked The Stripy Pants) Club.

Then, together, you cross the Rainbow Bridge, never again to be separated. Author Unknown
:whistle :hang :poke
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Music

Post by rockstar »

i had a hard time listening to the score while watching the movie. i was too captivated with what was going on in the movie. but i can remember liking the music to Magneto's Escape.
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
Riley
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Music

Post by Riley »

I love that soundtrack! Except it didnt have the President Scene *grrr* But i like everything else. It did have one Nighty song though. Finding Faith. i do believe. I love the songs. i sleep to them at night, But i wake up when the loud parts of the music.
Hey! Dont Diss the Chicken! :smirk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I quit Scrawlers sometime in November, never to return again.
Virus
Lubber
Lubber

Music

Post by Virus »

Originally posted by Riley
I love that soundtrack! Except it didnt have the President Scene *grrr* But i like everything else. It did have one Nighty song though. Finding Faith.
Here's the opening... where Kurt's kicking ass... or so I think.

And if it's not the right song, tell me, and I'll get rid of it, but other than that, enjoy! :P

When I first heard this, I was like okaaaaay... But then I listened to it about ten more times, and I was hooked.

I'm positive that "Dies Irae" by Mozart, is the opening, but I can't be sure cause I haven't seen the movie yet...

*gets pelted by stones*

And to all of you who are dying for the DVD to come out... have some sympathy for me... I.. I.. I didn't even get to see it :bawl I haven't seen Kurt in action yet! :bawl
Ok... so there's the steak knife, the fish knife, the butter knife, the paring knife, and the butchering knife... I have something that can beat all of these things, and you know what? It's called the knife.
:pokejoke <-- Man... I love this icon.
:smirk Okay, you take the big happy, and I'll take the small angry...
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Music

Post by rockstar »

oh my goodness you poor deprived person!!!!!! *puts arm around crying virus for comfort*
it'll be ok. we only have two months and 16 days left before the DVD comes out. hang in there!!!!
Virus
Lubber
Lubber

Music

Post by Virus »

Originally posted by rockstar
oh my goodness you poor deprived person!!!!!! *puts arm around crying virus for comfort*
it'll be ok. we only have two months and 16 days left before the DVD comes out. hang in there!!!!
*blows nose* *sniffs* thankyou...

WAIT! Two months and 16 days!?!? Oh boy...
Ok... so there's the steak knife, the fish knife, the butter knife, the paring knife, and the butchering knife... I have something that can beat all of these things, and you know what? It's called the knife.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Music

Post by Siona »

*wails in sympathy for Virus, who's avatar kicks total and complete ass!*

~Siona

-- SheCat.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Music

Post by rockstar »

how will we survive. all we have is the soundtrack and a few clips...

some unbelievably lucky people have the bootleg copy.
Virus
Lubber
Lubber

Music

Post by Virus »

Originally posted by rockstar
how will we survive. all we have is the soundtrack and a few clips...

some unbelievably lucky people have the bootleg copy.
Damn those lucky people....:yell
Originally posted by Siona
*wails in sympathy for Virus, who's avatar kicks total and complete ass!*

~Siona
To Siona and Rockstar... :beer uh... IT'S BUDWEISER TIME! :beer XOXOXOX :D
I love you guys! You always know how to make a girl feel a lot better!
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Music

Post by rockstar »

that's what we're here for.

*starts humming to soundtrack*
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Music

Post by Bamf_Girl »

College sucks up all my money... and with the recent jacked up prices of units... I've been in the red for a long time T_T So I can't afford any luxuries for a while... but I did however find the one song that plays for Kurt in the White House scene at one of my Kurt fanlist groups *Sighs* I am so happy... and as for a birthday gift last month I was given the soundtrack of the first movie *Sighs again* *Wipes away a tear* Thank you mum!
I am the Terrible Toad King!
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?
Your Terrible Toad Queen of course

TOAD FANS UNITE!

*Jumps up and down* I'm OMWOS! If I RP with ya, drop me a line!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Music

Post by Siona »

I still can't find the X1 'track. Where'd ya get the music, Bamf_Girl?

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Virus
Lubber
Lubber

Music

Post by Virus »

Voila!

:ooh Okay... So I'm not Bamf_girl, but here's where the X1 soundtrack is... :love
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Music

Post by Bamf_Girl »

lol, guess I'm a little late in answering, but my mum got it off Ebay for me... and now.... *Holds up X2 music* MUAHAHA!!!! There was a sale and I managed to scrap together my money and I got it! *Gasp* I've had it for about a week now, and I've already gone through enough batteries for my CD player that was supposed to last me a month T_T But thats okay, I just ste- borrow my brothers... But Song #5, I can't remember the title for it's not on the CD but it's the one where Xavier and Logan are in Cerebro are the map of the world pops up... I cry everytime I hear that song... I dunno want to spoil anything so I shant say what exactually the scene is, but crud *Track 5 comes on* O.O *Bursts into tears*
I am the Terrible Toad King!
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?
Your Terrible Toad Queen of course

TOAD FANS UNITE!

*Jumps up and down* I'm OMWOS! If I RP with ya, drop me a line!
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Music

Post by Beboots »

I remember seeing it in London Drugs a few weeks ago... I was looking for a different CD then (and found it too :rolleyes), so I didn't consider getting it... But now I will... I'd go out and get it right now if it weren't for the fact that most of the stores are closed for today... Never thought I'd regret having a holiday... :shame
/ERROR 406: file corrupt:Earth.config/reboot:universe? (Y/N)

:poke

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.