Question Re: Shadowed Past - Episode 10

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Okay, I know it was a long time ago, but I was just wondering - were they going anywhere w/that episode? I mean, Magneto went to all the trouble to keep Mystique from telling Kurt something, are we ever going to find out what it was. I mean, at the time, it seemed like it should have been a set up for a plot-line to be developed later and I've always been hoping to see something about it again. You know, some hint of Mags interest in Kurt. Now, of course w/what happened in Impact, I guess that won't happen. Any thoughts? Was it always just supposed to be a one-off or do you think the writers lost inteterest in Kurt? (losers if they did!)
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

i think mags was trying to keep mystique from telling kurt that she was his mother. my guess is that it's because then kurt would start to care for his mother, and if the brotherhood was ever in a battle with the x-men, mystique and kurt wouldnt be able to hurt each other. i think magneto wanted to stop any possible relationship between the two of them. he didnt want kurt to know about his mother and he wanted mystique to forget about Kurt's past. as we all know, he failed.

anywho, that's my guess
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I think they might have had future plans for it, but they were dropped for the current events and because Evo wasn't as popular as they thought. (they were going to drop it!:shocked)

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Weird...that episode was aired here this very morning!

My theory was that it was something of a backdoor...Kurt was about to make his motion picture debut at the time...so if Movie Kurt turned out to be vastly different, like his Movie Mum is, they could use whatever it was that Magneto did to him to alter him to match, if they decided to do so...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Good idea, Nanireya! Didn't the comics do the same afterwards? Match the movies, I mean.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Ladyhawke
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ladyhawke »

Hmm, you know. In Shadowed Past it was hinted that Kurt was genetically manipulated by Magneto, and that was what Mag didn't want Kurt to know. He could have moved alot faster to stop Mystique from telling, but she did tell him that he was her son.

Which means that by not telling, Xavier and Wolverine are doing exactly what Mag wanted them to.
"I wish upon tonight to see you smile if only for awhile to know your there."

"I believe that angel's breath"
"Faith is believing all power can't be seen."

Frodo, Kurt and Pippin are MINE!!!
EileenK98
Lubber
Lubber

Post by EileenK98 »

My rather silly question about Shadowed Past: doesn't Rogue know to take her makeup off before she goes to bed? ;)
"And when I reach the other side,
I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can.
Perhaps I may become a highwayman again.
Or I may simply be a single drop of rain,
But I'll be back again . . ."

RIP Johnny Cash