why is remy bad?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
blauliebeself
Lubber
Lubber

why is remy bad?

Post by blauliebeself »

Maybe this is in the wrong spot, but why is Remy evil in Evo? Did he start out with the bad guys anywhere else?
Don't get me wrong, the bad guy act works for him :love but it kinda confuses me. I always thought that he just started out with the X-Men.But, then again, I never knew that Kurt and Remy even knew eachother in the comics,
so... I really ought to read the comics.:shame
" Love makes you want to stab people? That's not love! That's brain damage!" -Kurt, of course
:poke
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

why is remy bad?

Post by Tatu »

well in the comics, Remy kinda started out as a villian... he worked for sinister...

and....ehh this will explain all that better

but i dont think they've given a reason as to why remy is a villian in Evo, I know there is suppossed to be an episode later this season called "Cajun Spice" so maybe they'll explain it then....
Originally posted by blauliebeself
Maybe this is in the wrong spot, but why is Remy evil in Evo? Did he start out with the bad guys anywhere else?
Don't get me wrong, the bad guy act works for him :love but it kinda confuses me. I always thought that he just started out with the X-Men.But, then again, I never knew that Kurt and Remy even knew eachother in the comics,
so... I really ought to read the comics.:shame
Call me King!
Yann Solo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

why is remy bad?

Post by Yann Solo »

You can also try http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/g/gambit.htm

By the way, does anyone knows why does he have those weird eyes?
"Faut pas prendre les gens pour des cons, mais faut pas perdre de vue qu'ils le sont." :gambit
"You mustn't tell people they're stupid, but never forget they are." :D
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

why is remy bad?

Post by Tatu »

because he was born wih them, they just are, its Gambit's Psycial Mutation, like Nightcrawler was born with his Yellow eyes, gambit got Red & Black
Originally posted by Yann Solo
You can also try http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/g/gambit.htm

By the way, does anyone knows why does he have those weird eyes?
Call me King!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

why is remy bad?

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Remy's a baaaaaaad mother *shut your mouth!* Just talking about Remy *Well, we can dig it!*

Sometimes, you just have to sing Shaft....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
weapon x
Lubber
Lubber

why is remy bad?

Post by weapon x »

remy is real cool when hes handled properly,
i think hes doing it to get something from magneto.

i mean look at the other "acolytes", quicksilver is his son, sabretooth is plain evil and magnetos body guard, mastermind was forced or struck a deal with mags, pyro is pyro, colossus is probably in a debt off grattitude or in some kind off blackmail situation.

its not like he has actually stated that he agrees with mags fanatiscism or something like that.
'hope he becomes friends with logan
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

why is remy bad?

Post by sevati »

It really hasn't been explained why Remy is working for Magneto in Evo yet. We know Piotr/Colossus is being blackmailed into working, Mags is threatening his family. Pyro just seems insane... Pietro is working for Magneto because Mags has managed to get him out of jail twice now. Wanda is working for the Brotherhood because Magneto got Mastermind to change her memories so that she likes her father (Mastermind was coerced into doing it). Mags seems to be one evil bastard in this, eh? Oh, and Sabertooth is just unstable evil, he doesn't particullarly need an explaination.

In 616 continuity (yes, off-topic, but needed), Remy worked as a thief (New Orleans Thieves Guild, his father ran it and then passed it down to him, which he then managed to un-schism it with the Assasins Guild and it became the Unified Guild). He wasn't exactly hero-material then, but I wouldn't necessarily call him a villian. He met Storm when she was in child-form, and once she was turned back into an adult and regained her memories she brought him back to the X-Men. He worked there for a bit, never revealing his real name until Bishop showed up, went ballistic, and revealed it for him. In Bishop's furture, Jubilee was the last of the X-Men alive, and some old guy resembling Remy called The Witness was said to have betrayed the X-Men, so Bishop thinks it's Remy and doesn't like or trust him. But it's since been shown that The Witness was not Remy and Bishop's future no longer exists since Bishop saved everyone from Onslaught. At least until it gets retconned. :rolleyes

Before Remy came to live at the mansion, he worked for Sinister and formed the Mauraders. He then brought them to the Morlocks home in the sewers. The Mauraders and Sinister and killed most of them (hence the name of the story "The Mutant Massacre" ). Remy didn't know they were going to do that, and did his best to save a little girl (Marrow). Some people would perceive him helping Sinister in any way to be evil. But he honestly didn't know what was going to happen, and has since broken his ties with Sinister in the future (he had to go to the past and get his help, so that doesn't count :p )
edit- big thanks to Mabus for fixing some of my continuity errors. Aspirin is in the medicine cabinet. :kiss

But Remy's eyes in any continuity... were they like that since birth? If they were black/red since birth, doesn't that mean Remy is a second generation mutant? Has that ever been touched upon in any of the worlds (616, Evo, blah blah blah).
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

why is remy bad?

Post by MabusRex »

Originally posted by sevati
But he honestly didn't know what was going to happen, and has since broken his ties with Sinister in the future
*cough*bullshit*cough*
Sorry. But he searched the globe and gathered cold-blooded killers and mercinaries for Sinister and then led them down to the underground mutant community he had stumbled on earlier. How ANYONE can plead ignorance in that, I have no freaking clue :p

And Gambit's parents haven't been touched on, though in his own series, they hinted that he was part of a centuries-old project called Black Womb that produced many mutants along the years. Also, it was revealed that Gambit worked for Sinister because he needed Sinister to operate on his brain and dampen his uncontrollable powers.

ANYWAY, back to EVO Remy...

We have no clue why he's sided with Magneto so far. But he seems to be somewhat altruistic and less bloodthirsty than some of his teammates. So who knows. Just have to wait and see.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

why is remy bad?

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by MabusRex
*cough*bullshit*cough*
Sorry. But he searched the globe and gathered cold-blooded killers and mercinaries for Sinister and then led them down to the underground mutant community he had stumbled on earlier. How ANYONE can plead ignorance in that, I have no freaking clue :p

And Gambit's parents haven't been touched on, though in his own series, they hinted that he was part of a centuries-old project called Black Womb that produced many mutants along the years. Also, it was revealed that Gambit worked for Sinister because he needed Sinister to operate on his brain and dampen his uncontrollable powers.

ANYWAY, back to EVO Remy...

We have no clue why he's sided with Magneto so far. But he seems to be somewhat altruistic and less bloodthirsty than some of his teammates. So who knows. Just have to wait and see.
*sniffles* My Remy isn't evil... I'll settle for saying his actions were very misguided and he was stupid not to ponder what the heck Sinister wanted with the Morlocks beforehand.

Oh, right, the grey matter of his brain had to be removed in the present, and then added in the past. Which then helped him NOT die when Marrow speared him, and could have let him touch Rogue but neither of them trusted the other enough for it to work? But then it burned out or was taken away by that big glowy-sphere thing that also took away his and Rogue's powers, right? I'm very interested in how that turns out, and if they're going at it like rabbits like you-know-who will be soon. (I'm guessing I'm confusing some bits of the above, sorry in advance)

Yeah. I found it funny when Remy was the stable logical one in the group when Wolvie, Creed, and him were off searching for Rogue.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

why is remy bad?

Post by Tatu »

yes Sev...they always have been
Baby Gambit, or Le Diable Blanc of The Theives Guild, If you want....

...id love to see a 4th Gambit Seires hitting on his REAL family...but after talking with Paty...i highly doubt marvel would do it, itd be too much work.. :rolleyes

and ryan....dont make me poke you, my gambit isnt evil...he was just a little naive...

screw it.........*POKE!*
But Remy's eyes in any continuity... were they like that since birth? If they were black/red since birth, doesn't that mean Remy is a second generation mutant? Has that ever been touched upon in any of the worlds (616, Evo, blah blah blah).
Call me King!
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

why is remy bad?

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by TATU2005
yes Sev...they always have been
Baby Gambit, or Le Diable Blanc of The Theives Guild, If you want....

...id love to see a 4th Gambit Seires hitting on his REAL family...but after talking with Paty...i highly doubt marvel would do it, itd be too much work.. :rolleyes
Awh, how cute! I wanna pinch his little cheeks!

Tatu, that would be nice (I MUST get Gambit #13 before thinking of any future miniseries). Too much work, feh.

Psst... try not to annoy Mabus please, I gave him a headache earlier trying to figure out the time-travel continuity parts :LOL
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

why is remy bad?

Post by Tatu »

aww..ryan knows i like him....but i stand behind my poke, coz hes just fun to poke :)

and yeah i think it would be too much work for them to allow it..im sure chris would DO it......but......
Tatu, that would be nice (I MUST get Gambit #13 before thinking of any future miniseries). Too much work, feh.

Psst... try not to annoy Mabus please, I gave him a headache earlier trying to figure out the time-travel continuity parts :LOL
Call me King!
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

why is remy bad?

Post by MabusRex »

But then it burned out or was taken away by that big glowy-sphere thing that also took away his and Rogue's powers, right?
No. He lost his amped-up powers when he battled an even more amped-up version of himself from an alternate reality calling himself the New Son/Sun. Basically, he wore them out. The instance you are referring to was in XXM where he lost ALL his powers. To this day, it's unclear if he still has them.
and ryan....dont make me poke you, my gambit isnt evil...he was just a little naive...
A little? He put together a team with a man (Sabretooth) who killed a woman he was falling for (though he was technically wooing her just to steal a jewel from her, started having feelings for her, then stole the jewel anyway...yeah...nice guy, that one) and led them down to a community of innocent freaks. Yeah. REAL naive, there...self-serving is more like it. It wasn't until he saw the carnage first hand that any shred of moral consciousness kicked in and he tried to save the nearest person he could, the young Sarah (aka Marrow).

I'm NOT saying Gambit is evil. But he's an asshole who for most of his life only thought of himself and in doing so, got people killed and hurt. He murdered his brother-in-law in a duel, he's robbed people continuously, and he's been an accomplice to a massacre of his own making. But hey, he's nice now and happy with Rogue, so we should forget all that, right? :p Forgive? Sure, everyone grows. Forget? Hell. No.

Wow...I haven't ranted like that for a while :D
<--- Not a Gambit fan
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

why is remy bad?

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by MabusRex
But then it burned out or was taken away by that big glowy-sphere thing that also took away his and Rogue's powers, right?
No. He lost his amped-up powers when he battled an even more amped-up version of himself from an alternate reality calling himself the New Son/Sun. Basically, he wore them out. The instance you are referring to was in XXM where he lost ALL his powers. To this day, it's unclear if he still has them.
Oops. I meant those as two entirely separate instances, I just couldn't remember if they happened one a split second after the other or there was a buffer-zone in between the two. Thanks for correcting my un-grammar.

Yes Remy has been a selfish bastard in the past, either by choice or by not paying enough attention to matters at hand/not caring. I'm not going to forget that, but I forgive it. If that counts for anything.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

why is remy bad?

Post by Siona »

because he was born wih them, they just are, its Gambit's Psycial Mutation, like Nightcrawler was born with his Yellow eyes, gambit got Red & Black
Also of note, if you read the X2 novel, he was born without them but the attack of Dark Cerebro caused his powers to emerge and gave him eyes "the color of fresh blood".

How...quaint. :yech

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

why is remy bad?

Post by Tatu »

oh yeah..even i will admit in the past he was a gigantic ass, whom did nothing but stupid things (but,.you know...we all have been selfish and done stupid things..maybe not that extreme..)

but hes a nice guy now..and the fact he tried to sacrifice himself to save the world over in X-treme's Invasion arc, redeems him, at least in my eyes :)

plus Rogue's massive love for him is catchy...and the other way around

<-- wasnt a rogue fan until Xtreme
Yes Remy has been a selfish bastard in the past, either by choice or by not paying enough attention to matters at hand/not caring. I'm not going to forget that, but I forgive it. If that counts for anything.

ehh....i dont really count that....
Originally posted by Siona
Also of note, if you read the X2 novel, he was born without them but the attack of Dark Cerebro caused his powers to emerge and gave him eyes "the color of fresh blood".
Call me King!
Yann Solo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

why is remy bad?

Post by Yann Solo »

I may have an idea... look here
full power template enables him to charge any organic or inorganic object within his line of sight
It's telling us that at full power (after getting into Magneto's machine?), he can charge objects by looking at them... That would explain why his eyes are special...
"Faut pas prendre les gens pour des cons, mais faut pas perdre de vue qu'ils le sont." :gambit
Nightcat_took
Lubber
Lubber

why is remy bad?

Post by Nightcat_took »

OHHH!!! That explains itttttt!!!! heheehhee!:love:bamf:D
May our Blue God Live Forever!
Mmmm...remylicious!:gambit

ELF!!! How many times do I have to say it?! Ask and it will get passed to yeah!~Logan
Sorry, I didn't vant to interrupt!
~Kurt :pokejoke
:nodyes:bamf Follower of the religion "Kurtism" Are you? lol...:bamf:nodyes
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

why is remy bad?

Post by Tatu »

Thats the same link i posted :)

ive read at one point his "Charm" (or "Empathy" whichever you wanna use) abilities were focused through his eyes....thats true, i dunno....although i think that would actually make more sense..but whatever

either way, the're still very cool

That would explain why his eyes are special...
Call me King!
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

why is remy bad?

Post by sevati »

full power template enables him to charge any organic or inorganic object within his line of sight
It's telling us that at full power (after getting into Magneto's machine?), he can charge objects by looking at them... That would explain why his eyes are special...
Oh, by full power template, I think they mean with that area of his brain that was removed in the present and then readded by Sinister in the past... with that area back, he's got full power? (But it later burned out). I dunno, this stuff gets confusing without coffee.
Yann Solo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

why is remy bad?

Post by Yann Solo »

Thats the same link i posted :)
I know, I found that explaination because of you :)
This site is very good, it also explains how did Mystique got her default state changed to "naked and scaly" (like in the movie)
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

why is remy bad?

Post by NightPoofer »

I remember Gambit starting out a bad boy. With Mr. Sinister and all. I think I got into Gambit because of Sinister. I don't think I saw the part about (I might be wrong about this) [spoiler]in the comic (I can't remember which one) When Gambit was trying to save the Morlocks after finding out Mr. Sinister considered them useless. He found a young Morlock and saved her life. Who later ended up Marrow! That was kind of cool.[/spoiler]
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

why is remy bad?

Post by SheCat »

Gambit can do no wrong in my eyes...he may have been an idiot in the beginning, but he's more than redeemed himself in the Invasion arc. Plus, weren't we all idiots at some point, weren't we? (Let's make a pair of wood wings and attempt to fly off a building! Let's vandalize a classroom! Let's rollerblade through a supermarket! Let's paintball a stop sign!) That was all me...
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Zuno
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

why is remy bad?

Post by Zuno »

It seams to me that he did not want to harm anyone, he did it out of nececerity. And it seams like he regret it, and if he do its forgiven and forgoten. Hopfoly its the same in evo.
Please visit my art side: http://the-shadowcat.deviantart.com/

I apolagise for my spelling mistakes.
English being my second language + dyslexsia = lotts of them XD
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

why is remy bad?

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

I hate how every time someoneis given their own series, it turns thm into some walking-god. Remy does not need to be an Omega mutant- he's an effective fighter the same way Nightcrawler and Wolverine are- they understand their abilities and use them effectively with traditional combat training rather than a giant burst of power.

I officailly dubb full powered gambit "DC Gambit"