this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

lily-white, ultra-right wing, woefully undereducated, racist, anti-government, redneck, "Tea Party" goers?
I know some Tea Partyers, and while they do tend toward anti-big-government, they don't exactly fit the rest of the mold in which Ang lumped them. Certainly there must be those types out there. Not necessarily in Idaho or my home state.

Neling, you made me totally giggle with your remarks. You didn't bring out the fact that almost the only person NOT to come back from the grave was Thunderbird (maybe he has and I didn't know it). Guess you decided to (here it comes ...) bury the hatchet on that one.

And we all know that, as a half-Italian, I simply must belong to the "Maggia." Extremely overweight folks tend to be (get this) heavies in the MU also. :LOL
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

neling4 wrote:
Angelique wrote:Would it kill a certain writer to actually learn something about Idaho before portraying the people of my state as lily-white, ultra-right wing, woefully undereducated, racist, anti-government, redneck, "Tea Party" goers?
Marvel isn't known for doing their research. If you don't live in New York, you must be a white/racist/red-neck. :rolleyes

If you are "Native American", your name must be: "Dances with Llamas"....or something like that. And don't forget the feather earrings.

If you are a "Strong Woman", you must be rude...and buxom.

I could go on...and on.......
True. It's just more than a bit offensive when Marvel chooses your home state to be the US' equivalent of Winzeldorf.

At least Winzeldorf is fictional!

Now let me get my torch, pitchfork, and tea party picket signs.

[Edited on 18/2/2010 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

This is an incorrect generalization?
:smug

I keed.

I do feel you guys are riding Marvel's back a little hard on this one though.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I don't think I am. It's not all that hard for a writer to learn that Idahoans have been sick for years of how our state's been portrayed as pretty much nothing but potatoes and racists.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Why are guys such jerks? Ever since my two best guy friends got girlfriends I've hardly ever seen them :cry
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Angelique wrote:I don't think I am. It's not all that hard for a writer to learn that Idahoans have been sick for years of how our state's been portrayed as pretty much nothing but potatoes and racists.
I agree. Texas has the same reputation.
The South has had a lot to answer for in the past on how it's treated people....but it's still the scapegoat for others who point their finger in our direction and say "That's where all the ignorant redneck racists are (oh, yeah, and in Idaho). Not over here in our perfect little part of the country".

Scapegoats are for holier than thou people to use so they don't have to deal with the garbage (racism, bigotry, sexism,etc.) in their own back yards.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Jeremus wrote:
Angelique wrote:I don't think I am. It's not all that hard for a writer to learn that Idahoans have been sick for years of how our state's been portrayed as pretty much nothing but potatoes and racists.
I agree. Texas has the same reputation.
The South has had a lot to answer for in the past on how it's treated people....but it's still the scapegoat for others who point their finger in our direction and say "That's where all the ignorant redneck racists are (oh, yeah, and in Idaho). Not over here in our perfect little part of the country".

Scapegoats are for holier than thou people to use so they don't have to deal with the garbage (racism, bigotry, sexism,etc.) in their own back yards.
Yeah, but at least Texas' reputation is offset slightly by cool stuff like the Alamo, Tex-Mex food, and the stereotypical hospitality and accent.

The only thing good we're known for is, well... spuds. And maybe some more astute people would think of skiing and Bruce Willis. I wouldn't mind that so much if it weren't for the fact that a tiny band of white supremacists managed to disproportionately tarnish our reputation.

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Breaking up the debate over whatever here, given this is the ass thread and I have ass to bitch about.

I've just been told by my foster mum that my foster dad, who I regard as my real dad and absolutely adore because he is the most awesome guy on the planet has a potentially serious heart problem. How serious, we're waiting to find out as he has to have a 24hr tracer.

:(
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

*hugs scummy*
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

Back is killing me head is throbbing and tylenol isn't working -.- I wish I had something stronger.
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I'm so sorry, Scummy. If I may ask, what's being done for him?

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Update on Dad of Win:

He appears to have an incredibly irregular heartbeat. His heart misses out beats, and then when it comes back it's rapid and has no rhythm - in the words of fostermom, 'it's like a racehorse that's half a lap behind and taking the jumps in all the wrong order'. They're waiting for a 24hr tracer to see what's actually going on, and in the meantime he's on two soluble aspirins a day to try and take work off his heart. After they've been able to see what's actually wrong, they'll do something to help it. For now, though, he gets incredibly tired really easily.

And I'm 250miles away with no money. :bawl

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, if its any consolation, regardless of what's causing the heart trouble, it doesn't look to me like getting your dad patched up will be too complicated.

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I hope everything turns out okay, Scum. Keep us updated.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

[Capslock. Swearing.]

I just came home to find a letter summoning me to court in March out of the blue. Why? Because I haven't paid my tax. Why haven't I paid my tax?

BECAUSE THE MOTHERFUCKERS AT THE BENEFITS OFFICE HAVEN'T FUCKING SORTED OUT MY FUCKING TAX BENEFIT.

I owe fucking £1000 tax THAT I WASN'T FUCKING WARNED ABOUT because of the fuckers in the benefits have FUCKED me about so much. This is on top of the £2k rent I know I owe. So rather then fucking wait for the backdated tax I've applied for, I now have to go to court, face a possible fine of up to £1000 ON TOP OF THE TAX or a spell behind bars - both worst case scenarios, but guess what? My luck is fucked and that's probably what'll fucking happen.

Fuck my life!

Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

time to add my personal little bit of ass. It has been building since december, and wednesday I went off like a foul mouthed little volcano. My dear neighbour monsieur Thibaut owes me and my other neighbour over €4000 now, and he keeps promising...And I keep getting huge stress from having to ask him. And I'm the one responsible for the energy bills of our building getting paid.
I blew my top, cut my thigh to ribbons (always nice!) scared the shit out of the folks in chat, and then went to the doctor who tried to get me admitted. No place in the hospitals, went home and survived anyway.
I feel like a little kettle on the fire, ready to go off at any time... Such a shame, it all went well for so long. I have no idea what to do now, I will have to try to minimise the damage and hope it goes away when weather improves.
Thanks everyone, you have been of great help. Sorry for being scary.
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I'm so sorry, Elwing. I hope things get better soon.
Everyone I know has been having a really bad winter. I'm hoping for things to turn around for everyone soon.

Elwing, please take care of yourself.

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

Yes, everyone complains...This winter is a doozy. I bet there will be statistics :X
Anyway, thanks for caring. I'll be all right;)
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Insomnia's a bitch...feel ill, and a discussion about families reminded me of my lack of one and it's kinda got to me. Much as I love my foster family (mostly) I hate feeling outside of discussions because I've never experienced any of it myself and...I guess I get a little jealous.

Sorry, guys in chat. Didn't mean to bring you all down :(

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Scumfish wrote:Insomnia's a bitch...feel ill, and a discussion about families reminded me of my lack of one and it's kinda got to me. Much as I love my foster family (mostly) I hate feeling outside of discussions because I've never experienced any of it myself and...I guess I get a little jealous.

Hey, you know, you kind of have a family of sorts here. Granted, it's a little different, but when it comes down to it, that's what we do- share each other's burdens and joys.

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Scumfish wrote:Insomnia's a bitch...feel ill, and a discussion about families reminded me of my lack of one and it's kinda got to me. Much as I love my foster family (mostly) I hate feeling outside of discussions because I've never experienced any of it myself and...I guess I get a little jealous.

Nah, scum, you have as much right to feel that way as anyone would. :) We still love you. And i know it's not what you mean, but Ange is right.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

I've had a horrible fucking month, with bad mood swings, aches, parental conflicts and school stress; I was late for class Monday and had a shitty one today, and then when I finally get this flight booked to see a friend of mine in Bradenton, my mother decides to tell me I'm acting foolish and childish when I get worried because the printer won't work when I go to print my itinerary.

I come online and decide to take this fursona quiz to try and make me laugh and when it says I am a "Dragon: It is particularly pathetic, being based on a mythical creature. Dragons are solitary and aggressive, powerful and majestic, fire-breathing giants. You, on the other hand, are a cry-baby, solitary, obese woman with halitosis" I get offended because it's just the last fucking straw today and then someone in chat decides I need to be told to not take it personally. Yeah, thanks, I needed that a whole lot on top of everything else.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Kind of maybe wondering why I bother any more.

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Double post! Yes, more fucking bad news!

My foster dad got taken into hospital with a suspected heart attack. They don't think it actually was, just his dodgy heart being...dodgy, but one of the budgies were dead when they got home.

The budgie thing? May not seem a great deal. But I bought those budgies for my foster mom. And on top of everything, all the shit and tragedy and all the bad news and fucked-up-ness of the past two weeks?

I've had it.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

It's 3 a.m. in the mornin', I put my key in the door an', bodies lyin' all over the floor an' I don't remember how they got there but I guess I musta killed 'em. Killed them.

-Eminem

Wish I could Sleep....
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS