Uncanny #416 anyone? *spoilers*

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

Okay, who has read it? What do you think?

Oh, and anybody up for a pillowfight?:evil:
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

i haven't gotten it yet, :bawl: but i keep hearing about this pillowfight thing with Kurt and Stacy talking. what DID they say??
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

Originally posted by Elwing
Oh, and anybody up for a pillowfight?:evil:
Can I watch? :naughty:

What did I think of the issue? Meh... about "Average" for me. Kia's art is ok, with a few idiosyncrasies that bug me. Bobby's attitude (while there IS a reason behind it) is still annoying me. Jean-Paul and Annie are fun to watch interact, but I'd wish they'd discuss something other than their unrequited loves. The Juggernaut/Sammy seens were ok, too, but a bit on the heavyhanded side. Also, I'd wish the abuse scenes were a bit more... I dunno... "abusive". Verbally, it was fine, but a belt beating? *shrugs* But then... I'm evil, so that might've just been me.
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Erynne »

Can someone type up a summary for me? I missed that one. And personally, I really don't like Kias artwork. Everyone's nose is too big.
anthomaniac1023
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by anthomaniac1023 »

well, i'd give it an 8/10 (and i did too)

i can deal with kia's art, i can get used to the little idosyncracies. and the coloring was good. the story was better than 415.

btw, the pillow fight thing was stacy talking about all the things her and her galpals at the x-ranch used to do, watching movies, talking about boys, pillow fights

kurt: pillow fights?
stacy: yeah, sometimes we'd all just be lounging around naked and--
kurt: uh...why don't you tell me about the other stuff you found
stacy: alright, but its nothing that'll get you going like those pillow fights

(those may not be the exact quotes, but they're cloes enough)
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Heya ELWING!

Overall I thought it was a pretty good issue. Some nifty character development and a little insight into some of the things that make the JUGGERNAUT, a long time staple of the X-universe, tick. Really enjoyed the scenes between Kurt and Bobby, (although I agree that Bobby does seem to be a little out-of-character as of late) and the 'dialogue' between STACEY and CYCLOPS literally had me laughing out loud! :D
Actually I find myself really enjoying AUSTEN's run up to this point. (The fact that he's got such an obvious love for a certain Fuzzy Blue character really helps!)

KIA's art is definitely going to take some getting used to. I hate it when Kurt is drawn so skinny that he almost looks emaciated a la SAM KIETH or JOE MADURIERA.... :mad:

B A M F !
Ryuu-chan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ryuu-chan »

I also thought that Kia's art is a little... bleah. I like Salvador Larroca's in X-treme X-Men better. (I hope I got the name right..) But this issue sounds very interesting. I'll have ot get it when I go get my monthyly does of comics this weekend. :D
Older, smarter, and more sane than before.

Hopefully, anyway.
anthomaniac1023
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by anthomaniac1023 »

look! the review's in my sig now! lol.

(there's nothing wrong with shameless self promotion. that's why they call it shameless, there's nothing to be ashamed of. if it was wrong it would be called shameful self promotion)
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

Story was ok...I HATE Kia's art...*BLECH* the missing eyes thing REALLY skeeves me. I'm ready for something more interesting, but then I'm not a Cain fan so it was not all that interesting. Chuck is a great story teller, but Kia's art is taking away from the overall appeal of the book for me. Bobby is just being a jerk IMHO, but that's ok. Not my favorite issue.

The best part of the book is when Kurt was leaving the infirmary with Stace and was saying "You got in trouble" all smart-arsed like...too funny.

Panz
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I have that! (pirde wells up inside) I finally have two in direct order, 415, and 416. (Before it was 409, 411, 413.

ANyhoo, yah it was wicked funy. I mean serious to, but funny.
*spoiler*

THAT KID WAS GONA SHOOT UP HIS SCHOOL! I would never ever even consider that. ANd Chuck dropped it on their so lightly. A little more stammering into saying it. I don't htink you go about walking around saying "Oh, yah, I tried to bring a gun to school and shoot some kids."
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by wolviechickie »

Good issue...caims father is full on pr*ck(Sorry but he is)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

don't be it's true. By the way that's a nice blink smilie...whtis that.. :blink:

(edited in seconds later)

Yah it is..cool! GO BAMFETTE!:buttercup::blossom::bubbles: HA POWER PUFF GIRLS! DA DA DADADADA DA!
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

So Stacy X was in this one too, back at the ranch with her memories. See, I've had this little theory on the back burner, and I've been watching the past few issues of Uncanny to be sure.
I've read (but don't have) every issue with Stacy in it, and every time she's been with a client, she has had a very strict 'no touch' policy. She also mentions in 416 something about her scales keeping her step-father from "..." I think we can take a wild guess as to what she's referring to.
Also, she makes very sure that everyone and anyone around her knows she was a prostitute before an X-Man, almost desperately so.
And then the whole 'kiss' thing with Warren. She's making a bigger deal out of it than entirely necessary.

Now I ask, was that (almost) perhaps, if not her first, one of her first actual kisses? Could she not be nearly (if at all) experienced as she lets on?

Only time will tell! Tune in next month, same X-Title, same X-Time!

-idsunki, feeling absolutely positive that this might be somewhat close to what may resemble something near the truth.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Erynne »

Hey, I totally agree with you uys who don't like the artwork. The characters all have HUMONGOUS noses and missing body parts and...ick. Yeah, so, personally, I hope another artist will be replacing Kia soon.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

well, i thought it was wierd with stacy, one Boob was bigger than the other (it was behing a jacket) but she looked like that lady from kung pow. It was iwerd. Anyhoo. Idunski, you got a good plot goin' keep it up!
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Erynne »

Bamfman, you are a typical male.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

What it stuck out? What do you want me to say? It's just there! GO look at it! If you've seen Kung POw you'll know what I'm talking about. Remember "Whoa." it resembles her. IT's wierd. FUnny, but wierd. NOw If I really wanted to act like a typical male I'd point out the tub scene in 409. *snickers to himself* she is so cool. Very snake like. Wath her name bvecome some snake related code name instead of Stacy X. (Vipra, or osmething.)
BamfKat
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BamfKat »

I just had to weigh in on this one. Kia could well get me to drop Uncanny, I dislike his artwork that much. Chuck Austin has his work cut out, if the story is strong enough then I will hang around (keep buying) but with how much Kia's style grates on me I don't think I will be buying much longer. :(

That being said I think the story is going in some interesting directions. I hope I will want to see it.
BamfKat,
Hey, is it supposed to smoke like that? :bamf