X-TREME X-MEN #19

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

X-TREME X-MEN #19

Post by Crawler »

Oh...a few thing I forgot in my last rant...

WTF is up with all the romances? It's like everyone in the group wants someone else in the group...of course, since they all have something in common (same personality and forced dialogue) I guess it's possible.

And it's looking to me like Psylocke died so that Chris Claremont...er...I mean Thunderbird...could go off with Lifeguard. CC loves her soooo much that he's got his Mary Sue character going off alone with her. Conspiracy anyone?
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

X-TREME X-MEN #19

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Stormwatch
And Canadians celebrate it to. Yeesh, it isn't jus' an American Holiday :p
Really?

Thought it was...

I stand corrected...

Wish we had it...after Labour Day in May our public holidays pretty much dry up until Christmas...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-TREME X-MEN #19

Post by Stormwatch »

oh, here, there is usually a holiday once a month, or at least a day off.

There's Easter, Thanksgiving, New Years, Christmas, (ukrainian Christmas too :lick: ), Canada Day, the Queen's Birthday, Labour Day, Valentine's Day, Rememberance Day, (not a holiday, but a special occasion), and more.
:panther: 66 Bridges
:daredevil: 25 Cents of Time

But I DO have big teeth.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

X-TREME X-MEN #19

Post by Crawler »

I wasn't saying the new characters suck. I was saying that they're forced. And you can't deny that Thunderbird is Claremont's Mary Sue character...and the fact that he's given Lifeguard so much limelight and then has her go off alone with said Mary Sue...

Well, that stinks of bad-storytelling to me.

And, while I kinda appreciated it, Claremont is the LAST one that should be trying to poke fun at Comic cliche's...because he's guilty of them all the time NOW.

If he was poking fun at his past, that'd be fine, but I don't think he quite realizes how cliche' X-Treme really is.

:yech:
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

X-TREME X-MEN #19

Post by Slarti »

He may not realize how grating his cliches can be. He thinks he's being cute -- and he is poking fun at himself. He's the one who always had villians after Storm, after all. It's just been picked up from him.

I don't like Lifeguard, and The Wonder Thunderturd does seem to be his avatar. Just thank your lucky stars Claremont's no longer using Nighty as his voice in the books -- I'd rather he screw Neal than Kurt.

Much of Claremont's dialog reads as forced -- Jean's lines I recall as real stinkers -- but I think he nailed Kitty, and that's why I enjoyed it.

I still say Claremont only gets half a :sausage: beating for this one. :p
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-TREME X-MEN #19

Post by Bamfette »

lol... jsut don't say this on X-Fan. i said why i preferred Uncanny and New over X-Treme, i never not once said i outright disliked X-Treme (tho it certainly is not a favourite) over there and got flamed. it came off as even more mild than Slarti's critisism's since i was saying it to Chris himself, (after he asked) and was being polite. i never even said anything terribly bad about X-Treme or the dialogue even :p all i said was i liked down to earth stories and characters in Uncanny over suped up every power under the sun characters and larger than life adventures... tho in more words. i even said i loved Chis's past work on Excalibur as my ALL TIME favourite series, and i still got called a Claremont basher. buncha Claremont worshipping drones over there... not all of them, but some.

and yes, Slarti i am so glad that 'Crawler's days as Claremont's avatar ar at an end! i picture great things for him with Austen writing.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

X-TREME X-MEN #19

Post by Crawler »

Sausage for droneheads! That's MY motto!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

X-TREME X-MEN #19

Post by Panz »

*shrug*...I actually like Chris better than his writing a lot of times. He is a witty, fun guy. He is putting his all into writing Mekanix and so not everything is going to shine. I still am unhappy about the whole priest thing, but I don't personally dis-like Chris for it...of course, I will still chase him around with a large salami and give him a thump or two when he needs it, but hey! what are readers for?

I just think that Jean is weird anyway and her kind of pushy-preachy attitude is kind of creepy. But the issue DID have it's funny moments. Kurt and his warlord of Barsoom thing was funny if you have ever read Xcalibre.

Sorry that you got flamed, Bamfette...I haven't spent a lot of time there recently because I am sick of the attitude problems of a bunch of posters.

Panz
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-TREME X-MEN #19

Post by Stormwatch »

Originally posted by Pandora

Sorry that you got flamed, Bamfette...I haven't spent a lot of time there recently because I am sick of the attitude problems of a bunch of posters.

Panz
Attitude problems, nah, never notice them :rolleyes: I rarely post there as well. I post a bit more at cX, but that's not that much.
:panther: 66 Bridges
:daredevil: 25 Cents of Time

But I DO have big teeth.
CmX
Lubber
Lubber
Title: Baby CAKES!!!

X-TREME X-MEN #19

Post by CmX »

Man you guys are so harsh! I love X-Treme! But oh well you guys don't care, oh btw, I'm new! Hey Jill! :love:
Rictor
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-TREME X-MEN #19

Post by Rictor »

Originally posted by Bamfette
lol... jsut don't say this on X-Fan. i said why i preferred Uncanny and New over X-Treme, i never not once said i outright disliked X-Treme (tho it certainly is not a favourite) over there and got flamed. it came off as even more mild than Slarti's critisism's since i was saying it to Chris himself, (after he asked) and was being polite. i never even said anything terribly bad about X-Treme or the dialogue even :p all i said was i liked down to earth stories and characters in Uncanny over suped up every power under the sun characters and larger than life adventures... tho in more words. i even said i loved Chis's past work on Excalibur as my ALL TIME favourite series, and i still got called a Claremont basher. buncha Claremont worshipping drones over there... not all of them, but some.

and yes, Slarti i am so glad that 'Crawler's days as Claremont's avatar ar at an end! i picture great things for him with Austen writing.
SORRY you got flamed Jilly :cry:. Not everyone is easy to deal with. I have no prob with people not liking X-Treme, heck everyone has their favs right, you cant expect everyone to like everything.
Heck....me i dropped both New and Uncanny since the revamp, completely hated where they were going and the art was just a turn off as it went along.

Of course I never bash anything. Im not going to say New sucks because hundreds of New fans will disagree. If it truly sucked than i doubt it would have fans or that it would sell. But lets not forget the same could be said about Uncanny and X-Treme.

X-Treme Rules in my book and thats what matters.

Jill rules :D.

Rictor
I like Gwen Stefani...Can u tell?
C.o.C.k # 17
! Please Check Out My Gallery !
Nemesis
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-TREME X-MEN #19

Post by Nemesis »

Originally posted by Bamfette
I understand where you're coming from. The way some(not all) folks get on there irks me at times. If Claremont makes a mistake, it's always the editors fault, CC can do no wrong and such. But if it's someone else(Morrison and Casey) it's all "that writer sucks, can't he do anything right?" or something similar. They would go singing CC's praises and badmouth another writer and book, and then have the nerve to call us "sycophants" or "hypocrites" just because we like a different book and not theirs. Of course in fairness, Morrison and Casey aren't perfect either, after all nobody's perfect, and their respective books aren't without flaws. Also in fairness, there are those who bash Claremont unjustly and simply say "He sucks!" and nothing else. But I find them to be a small number in comparison to those to hate(yes I said hate) Morrison and Casey with a passion and follow Claremont around just because he's Claremont. I don't try to express my views of XXM much at X-Fan because just mentioning so much as a "meh" and BAM!, you got an instant flame war.

Don't get me wrong, I like X-Treme X-Men (artwork in particular). Hell, I does their team bio at X-Fan, and I always update it whenever I get the latest issue. But truth be told, it's because of some folks' attitude that I'm ready to drop X-Treme X-Men. I feel that just the fact the I read XXM, I'm associating myself with them. And I have to be honest, I find XXM to be a dissappointment since the Annual. The Invasion arc gave me Revolution flashbacks and I've had to put up with Rogue and Storm being shoved in my face, I forgets that there is a team. I heard that things are going to change, but I'll believe when I see it, and I'm not even hopeful there.

I apologize if I sound overly harsh and come off as a jerk here, but this is something that I've been meaning to say for months. This is just my view of the situation and my view alone. Everything I have said, I say on behalf of myself and only myself. Also I apologize for going off-topic.

But getting back on topic, I kinda liked XXM #19. I just wished that the remaining members of the X-Treme team would accept Jean's offer, even if it's just for one issue.
Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-TREME X-MEN #19

Post by Erynne »

I'm confused though. Is Kurt only in there for that one issue or will he be back? I thought he looked pretty awesome in that one though (bought my self a copy RIGHT when it hit the shelves). He didn't leave at the end with everyone else, that's why I'm asking. I don't know if the X-treme issue after that has already come out or not, but if it has, I haven't read it yet. So anyone know if it's going to be Kurt's one time cameo or if he's going to return???
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-TREME X-MEN #19

Post by Bamfette »

thank you Nemesis, that is EXACTLY what i am talking about. I am liking MekaniX so far, but i am not going to say so over there because, quite frankly, i don't want to be associated with the Cult of Claremont that runs around over at X-Fan. it pains me to say it, it does, but some (i repeat, SOME not all) just follow Claremont so blindly it floors me. I prefer New and Uncanny, even while Casey was writing, and Casey got a LOT of bashing, but i would never flame someone who said they did not like it. offer a counter argument? maybe, but i would try my best to put it intelligently, and not call tem names.

eh. whatever :p

Erynne, Kurt is only in 18 and 19. Chuck has right to his character for the long term in Uncanny.
Rictor
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-TREME X-MEN #19

Post by Rictor »

As the one and possibly only major X-Treme X-Men fan here :D ( I love you guys :D ) I wanted to clear up that no, Kurt is not part of the team. He as just an appearance. As you can see the roster in the first page hass pretty much all of them, but the major roster, the head roster of the team is the one in circles while the square ones are not. As you can see Neal and Heather have made their way out for now and so has Rogue and Gambit.

So for those of you who are pained to buy the book for Kurt dont have to worry, hes not part of the team. Gotta admit he looked so freakin awsome in this book :D.

Rictor
I like Gwen Stefani...Can u tell?
C.o.C.k # 17
! Please Check Out My Gallery !