Weapon X "The hunt for Sabretooth"

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
BlueDiskJockey
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BlueDiskJockey »

so...uh....is sabertooths power to be big and strong and also have a healing factor and adamantium skeleton? i remember the old sabertooth and birdie? anyone remember them? and by the way...what was birdies point? i dont remember why she existed...lol..
"I am not your rolling wheels, I am the highway"
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by wolviechickie »

Well sabes got "help" From weapon X and they gave him back his adamantium Skeleton, better healing factor...but I dont know if he has enhanced senses. But then using the Weapon X utilities he hired omega red and Lady D to get Wolverine close ones and he ended up Killing Wolverine...but Logan came back With his Healing Factor
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by ahmed »

...Which resulted in Logan's reunion with Colossus and Rose...I think...
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
BlueDiskJockey
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BlueDiskJockey »

ok...im not a HUGE comic book guy, but im sure im supposed to know this, but what is weapon X?..is it that group that gave wolverine his metal body? and whos birdie?
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Stormwatch »

Weapon X was the organization that trained LOgan, and Mav, and Sabs, and made killers out of them, basically.

Weapon X, was originally also just Wolverine's role as being the original of it.

Team X was John Wraith (the department guy who loves to work for the company, and is only loyal to the company), as well as Sabretooth, Maverick, Wolverine, and Silver Fox.

The NEw Weapon X, is the Weapon X program, which enhances mutants, and has them as agents in the favors for favors game. (you know, secret agencies being the ones helping keep control of the world and such. well, you scratch my lieing politicians back, and I'll scratch your lieing politicians back, to some it up)

(just go with the last one, and thats all you need to know, as Tieri, it seems is mainly trying to make it easier to understand, what the heck is going on, for new readers. Also, Tieri is on a killing spree, so to speak.) So ...

And wolvies chick, it might be good for you, but I've got a weird taste for comics. I still have not tried out this series, I may, but, well, we'll see at the end of this month, when I do a huge order from X-World, for certain comics, and go through my box at my comic store)
:panther: 66 Bridges
:daredevil: 25 Cents of Time

But I DO have big teeth.
BlueDiskJockey
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BlueDiskJockey »

does anyone know who birdie is...or is tieri birdie?...im so confused....lol....
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Stormwatch »

Frank Tieri is the writer of Wolverine and weapon X, currently, Birdie is dead. but I know of the lass. Not much, but a bit.

But I DO have big teeth.
BlueDiskJockey
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BlueDiskJockey »

so...dish gurl!
Nemesis
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nemesis »

Originally posted by BlueDiskJockey
does anyone know who birdie is...or is tieri birdie?...im so confused....lol....
Birdy was Sabretooth's aid. She would use her telepathy to give Creed "the glow" which sedates him and represses his killing urges. She was killed in Sabretooth: Death Hunt #4 by Graydon Creed.
Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

ouch. poor sabretooth. anyhoo, on the whole weapon x thing..this is all a what if verse right, that's what I've always suposed they were, picking 'em up and saying..ehh..... but i don't know. then again....nighty is in it isn't he...or is that x factor. I'm so confused! BLAH! I shouldn't be...but i am. maybe that herb stuff will work.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
BlueDiskJockey
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BlueDiskJockey »

Birdy was Sabretooth's aid. She would use her telepathy to give Creed "the glow" which sedates him and represses his killing urges. She was killed in Sabretooth: Death Hunt #4 by Graydon Creed.

oooo, i get it now, thats why in that game i played, she would bring him his coat thingy and help out with a big gun...how did she die? and was sabertooth mad?
Nemesis
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nemesis »

Originally posted by BlueDiskJockey
how did she die? and was sabertooth mad?
Graydon Creed stabbed Bridy in the chest. Sabretooth didn't seem to care, but he went on to find another telepath that would give him the glow. This was continued in X-Men Unlimited #3, where Sabretooth was captured and became a patient of the X-Men.
Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by wolviechickie »

okay den...Frank Tieri rules!
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Stormwatch »

so, how did the second issue fair out? I'm curious as to what happened a wee bit, but don't expect that much.

But I DO have big teeth.
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by wolviechickie »

I havent got it yet
Nemesis
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nemesis »

I finally got Weapon X #1 and 2 today, and loved it. First chance I get, I'm gonna subscribe to it.

I like what Tieri's doing with the characters, for once I actually find Marrow interesting. It was funny what she did to Mesmero in #1, and it's very hard not to sorry for Wild Child. Even though he's on the same team with his ex-love Aurora, she either ignores him or berates him. I wonder though, when he and Aurora ran into Sabretooth in the cabin, how is it that there was no scratch on Wild Child, but Aurora was severely mauled?

IMO Weapon X has some of the best covers I've seen, and I hope to see one soon with :sauron: on it.
Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
Harlekein
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Harlekein »

Originally posted by Bamfman86
ouch. poor sabretooth. anyhoo, on the whole weapon x thing..this is all a what if verse right, that's what I've always suposed they were, picking 'em up and saying..ehh..... but i don't know. then again....nighty is in it isn't he...or is that x factor. I'm so confused! BLAH! I shouldn't be...but i am. maybe that herb stuff will work.
It's not What-If. And I liked the first issue's, I'll buy it. Mesmero and Kyle are now 2 of my fave characters.
And BlueDiskJockey: Have you been playing X-Men vs StreetFighter or Marvel vs Capcom 2?
EccentricSage
Lubber
Lubber

Post by EccentricSage »

I started reading WX because I love Wildchild, and I though that the first ish and the one-shots showed potential, but the second ish left me disapointed.

Now, I am about to thoughraly grill WX, especialy Franks writing. I could have been nicer, but I'd still be saying the same thing. This way's just more fun! And don't get me wrong, Frank did great on Wolvy, he's a pretty cool guy by all indications, and I don't think the book completely sucks yet. I promised him I'd wait untill book 4 to decide what I realy think of it. And there are good things, too, like intrigue and unpradictability, but hopefuly I'll be posting a list of praises after ish four. ;) So I'll save that for then!

So, without further adue, I present to you my criticism and anger at some of changes made to characters, some multiplying evil plot-bunnies, and a whole lotta sarcasm wich is meant to be taken lightly, because I'm joking and having fun with my little analasis, and I do hope the book gets better!

SPOILERS

AHEAD

!!!

For one thing, how could Sabretooth kill a telaporter slowly enough to make a bloody mess of her apartment, yet quickly enough to stop her from telaporting to a hospital?

Second, How could Sabretooth "back Wild Child into a corner" and ceap him there without injuring him, while simultaniously "doing things" to Aurora, who's aparently defenceless despite her super speed, light bursts, concusive light blasts, and her new found ability to transfer the movement generated by the energy in her molecules into another person to afectively throw the person through a wall...

And notice how bolth these batles hapened completely off-panel...how convenient for Frank to let us make excuses for him while he saves a bit of panel space and avoids the dificult matter of constructing a convincing batle scene with his desired outcome.

Now, for a quik character analasis...

I'll start with WildChild, because he's my favorite. At first, the love hate relationship between him and Aurora (with him doing all the loving and her doing all the hating) gave us a reson to care about the character and personaly intriged me. I was suprised that Frank made WC the heroic hopeless romantic type, especialy considering that his fave version of WC seems to be, by all indications, the Byrne version. And Byrne's original WC was not a very nice guy.

However, after seeing this in the one shot and the first ish, the third time wich takes place in the second ish just seems like he's beeting a dead horse. Yes Frank, we feal sorry for Wildchild, we love Wildchild because of his pain and his good intentions, but I've been saying "Poor Kyle" on a loop since he joined X-Factor. Can we get on with it? There HAS to be more to WC than his trajicness,if that's a word. Why not try having him interact with some of the others on the team?

Sauron...Who knows? The only character development we saw with him was in his one shot, and Frank said the portrayal was inacurate. Too bad, now Sauron doesn't even have the sympathy vote in the popularity contest.

Kane...Unrecognisable...And aparently he and Kyle don't recognise eachother from their shared past. Why am I not suprised...? He's a "Perfect Soldier" wannabe with a big gun to make up for his sheer lack of personality.

Agent Zero...I'll tell ya what I think, soon as I know any more than you all do.

Mesmaro... I hate this guy. So of course he's the only one Frank realy writes well. He's an egotistical sleezball who won't leave Marrow alone till he gets another chance to score. He thinks he's cool, but if his powers weren't so damned important, his teamates wouldn't hesitate to do him in, and with ease.

Washout...Kinda like a wanna be Mesmaro, minus the power. Cannon foder, if ya ask me.

Agent Jackson...Slipery back staber type, excelent actor...I just don't understand what his purpose is other than to exchange corny macho coments with Kane. This guy's a liability to the director, if ya ask me. And he has no powers. He's just there.

Marrow. She actualy takes a moment in ish2 to contemplate how little sence her recent history makes befor killing a guy with a peice of bone the size of a toothbick. Oh, like THAT would happen. And it's not like the introspective moment fixed her continuity a single bit. Aparently, I'm the only one who thinks it's stupid to even sugest that a proud Morlock who dedikated her life to fighting the upworlders for the freedom of her people who have suffered so much injustice at the hands of the upworlders vanity, would KILL A FELLOW MORLOCK just to become a pretty shallow upworlder!!!

Sabretooth? Aparently he's a god or something at this point, a true untouchable imortal with a back street boy gone wrong face and hair, on a WWF body in a costume just as dull and mundane. Realy, the next thing you know, this guy will be leaping buildings in a single bound and flying and who knows what else. There's a point where a character becomes so everly powerful that his lack of beleavability renders him lame. Sabretooth is that character now.

Aurora? She's now the mutant of a million powers, or at least that many posible uses of her existing ones, who's too preocupied with sex and yelling at Wildchild to even defend herself in a batle. SHE SUCKS!!! I realy miss her other two personalities. At least they were smart and an original character concept.

Did I miss anybody?

The Director. He wants to enslave mutantkind in concentration camps because Wolvy clawed him up when he was escaping WX. That's all I have to say. He's smart enough to manipulate a group of powerful mutants, but dumb enough to beleave his control over them will last. I mean, come on, plastic sergions could fix him hup in a jiff, killing off half the worlds population of mutants and enslaving the rest isn't goint to undo his stupid scars.

There, I think that's it.
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by wolviechickie »

I will not hear anyt'ink bad about Frank Tieri
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

*sigh* everyone is entitled to thier own opinion, and ahs the right to state it...for everyone that loves a writers work, someone else will hate it.

why not try countering some of her points (politely) instead?
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by wolviechickie »

thay are entitled to their own opinion...but I love frank Tieri
Nemesis
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nemesis »

Well, according to this article at X-Fan:
http://x-mencomics.com/xfan/forums/show ... post326048

When Soldier X is cancelled, the book's star Nathan Summers(Cable) will then be appearing in the Weapon X series. What's he gonna do with the Director and the Program remains to be seen.

I find this interesting myself, it'll be good to see a reunion between Nathan and Kane. Will Nathan and Sauron remember each other since that time Nathan "killed" him? I also hope to see him and Agent Zero duke it out and see who's the better soldier.

I really need to subscribe to this.:)
Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
Sabretooth
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Sabretooth »

What has happened to sabretooth?!
My main marvel informator has gon awol and im a couple of months behind!! :(

I must know!
Sabe's my favourite character!!
I never cheat, i just carry these cards around for umm... Luck!
Nemesis
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nemesis »

Though I've yet to get Weapon X #3 and 4, I've heard that Sabretooth was badly beaten by Agent Zero and has been recaptured by Weapon X.
Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by wolviechickie »

yeah he got beat up...good fight too