Update on Wolverine and the X-men

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Raven Hare
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Talking Pussy

Post by Raven Hare »

I'm not sure if anyone else has put this out here, but I found a link to the first 10 episodes.
Nightcrawler is featured in #6 and #10.
This is the link I have if anyone's interested -
http://www.movie-forumz.org/showthread. ... =wolverine

I just checked the link and it was still working.

Enjoy!
:hepz :kitty
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Thanks Raven hare, I didn't even see you had posted this.

The link works fine so far! I've been looking forward to seeing this but so busy/lazy I haven't caught it or bothered to find it.

Thank you and welcome to Nightscrawlers! Feel free to pop by in Chat sometime!

[Edited on 18/1/09 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Raven Hare
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Raven Hare »

No problem! And thanks for the welcome!!!
This doesn't start airing where I live until 1/23 and I just couldn't wait that long.
Now - if anybody knows where to find the rest of the episodes, I'd LOVE to watch those as well!
:tail
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Hey no problem!
Freak has been watching them in Spanish I believe, but you'd have to double check with him. He was watching 15 or 16 the other day.

Sadly it seems Episode 4 was pulled off this list you gave us for infringement... not sure why the others weren't, but I can tell it wasn't an important episode. I also haven't gotten to see this and so far I'm loving it! Thanks again! I'm on episode six an I hear this is where Kurt comes in! W00t! :tail
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

Mi hablo Espanol (don't know how you put the wiggly on the n though).

The complete first season is on veoh, obviously in Spanish.
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

WOW WOWZER WOW-WOW WOWY!

Not only does this show ROCK, but Kurt is REALLY freaking powerful too! His :bamf totally saved an entire boat!? He bamfed WATER, for some reason I never figured he could do that. That's sort of Abyss/Spot-ish kind of teleporting. I don't know why I never thought of that.

Plus he actually kicks ass and doesn't get caught in nonsensical traps like in Evolution. :(
Raven Hare
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Raven Hare »

WOWZER! indeed!
I thought it was awesome too! I was glad to see Nightcrawler being a resourceful leader instead of the pluck comic relief or the angst ridden soul.
I thought that episode totally rocked!!:D
It will be interesting to see if he rejoins the team and, if so, what kind of role he'll take...
:tail
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I think he actually gets more prominent as time goes on.

AND WOW does Bishop Kick ass and take names!! In just the first ten episodes I think they've featured over 25 mutants! Which is easily over 25 years of Marvel History right there!!

This show KICKS ASS!!

:shifty

Granted; it's got NADDA on our RP stories. :LOL

[Edited on 19/1/09 by Ult_Sm86]
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Ult_Sm86 wrote: Plus he actually kicks ass and doesn't get caught in nonsensical traps like in Evolution. :(
Well, except for that one time on Genosha. ("They're locked up? No! Totally unacceptable! Move them to the OTHER cages after he leaves, you know, the bad ones in the giant cave! Or as I like to call it, The Dungeon heh heh. We're evil, and don't forget it!" :?)

Just watched that one. Being an unemployed overacheiver means that I have taken on more TV-watching obligations than any one person can possibly manage so not sure when I will find time to watch again.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I got drunk and watched it again. I can appreciate, at least, that they got someone who can manage the glottal r to do his voice. Glottal r is awesome and really hard to pull off when your language doesn't use it.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

You know, as someone who has always prefered "big" over "clean" I dunno what he's so upset about here.
Amatheya
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Amatheya »

Just found out that BBC iplayer has five eps of Wolverine and the X-men playing atm, including the one with NC traped by Mojo :D
I wanna run away with the circus :)
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:WOW He bamfed WATER, for some reason I never figured he could do that. That's sort of Abyss/Spot-ish kind of teleporting. I don't know why I never thought of that.
Well, the why I understand it, is, when he teleports he actually takes some of the surrounding atmosphere with him. This is mostly just air...I guess hard surfaces (like whatever he's standing on) are too solid to go with him...but water, being more malleable, goes with him too...
Plus he actually kicks ass and doesn't get caught in nonsensical traps like in Evolution. :(
You have to remember...Evo Kurt is a kid...a highly inexperienced kid who's pretty much been hidden from the world for 15 of his 16-odd years...AND he was pretty much comic relief.
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I'm all caught up on this show now. It's really well done, I love it.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

I've only watched the Kurt episodes...I'll catch up on the rest when it hits screens locally...whenever that is...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Swizz the Wolf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Swizz the Wolf »

Bahahaa! I agree with Ult_Sm. This show is awesome! I'm with Nandireya in having only seen the Kurt episodes, but I am impresed. Pretty visuals, decent writing, and the Nightcrawler episodes really do rock. XD It is a nice change to see him do so much cool stuff--especially that episode with that Mojo (Heh, every time I saw him I had two reactions: One--:shocked"HOLY SHIT!!" and two: I couldn't help but laugh in a sort of 'this is so freaky it's funny' way.:toothy)

Also, anyone notice the music they play when Kurt is whooping ass? It's all piratey and cool.

Oh yes...and if anyone wants to watch them, you can see pretty much all of them here: http://tv.blinkx.com/show/wolverine-and ... sTSW#s1e22

[Edited on 26/9/09 by Swizz the Wolf]

[Edited on 27/9/09 by Swizz the Wolf]
"In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane."--Oscar Wilde
Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nachtkriec »

http://marvel.com/news/movies?bcpid=162 ... 1624825722
this is there beging of the eps. i watch this show all the time!
Der Unglaubliche Nachtkriec!
The Incredible Nightcrawler!
http://www.midtowncomics.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/
(those arent my websites)
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I need to take a break from dropping hints about which DVD's I'd like best for my birthday to just add that "Nightcrawler of the X-Men" would rock even more!!!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nachtkriec »

Angelique wrote:I need to take a break from dropping hints about which DVD's I'd like best for my birthday to just add that "Nightcrawler of the X-Men" would rock even more!!!
if you get the video comentry on the wolverine and the x-men series, epsiode 10, they said that maybe in afew years they might make a series called Nightcrawler and the x-men, but i have a better title! a day and a life of Nightcrawler, or nightcrawler OF the x-men
Der Unglaubliche Nachtkriec!
The Incredible Nightcrawler!
http://www.midtowncomics.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/
(those arent my websites)
Mistress_D
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Mistress_D »

In a few years huh? I'll be done with my art degree in a couple years, and I'd love to work in cartoons, maybe I should put together a Nightcrawler portfolio, I'd definitely wanna work on that series! :D
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I think Trigger and Nachtkriec are right.....theyre going to cancel the second season of Wolverine and the Xmen! :mad

There are 2 petitions up at Petition Spot:

One is called "Save Wolverine and the X-men" with the goal of 10,000 signatures (they've got 1,923 right now).
The other one is called "Don't Cancel Wolverine and the X-men" with a goal of 1000 signatures (only have 88 now).

They say there's one on facebook, but I don't have a facebook account so I don't know. It's supposed to be a bigger deal. :shrug

And the next season was supposed to be really good with AoA stuff! The series was GREAT and now they're saying they can't get financial backing???:mad

(If I'm wrong please inform 'cause my head is about to explode.:flame)

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Not that it means much coming from wikipedia, but it says that production stopped sometime in April. I also found this link... http://marvel.toonzone.net/news.php?act ... ews&id=518

Also, I've joined the facebook group. It's for 10,000 members and has about 8,400.
Nightchild
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Nightchild »

Are they still gonna push through with Wolverine and the X-Men? I hope they do, coz I like this more than the Evo series...
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

There isn't going to be a second season...
On April 13, 2010, Comics Continuum reported that according to an inside source a second season of the series seems very unlikely. On April 15, 2010, Marvel Animation Age confirmed the recent report that Wolverine and the X-Men will not be returning for a second season. At C2E2, the Marvel animation panel consisting of Joe Quesada, Arune Singh, and Josh Fine stated that the reason for the cancellation is because they were unable to work out the financing for the show with their financing partner.
Source

...which is a shame...it had the best version of Nightcrawler of all his animated appearances...