this coffee tastes astounding!

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Tomorrow, our 501st and Rebel Legion squads have appearances at two pre-Halloween events right after I have a full day's work. Guess who will spend a day in the office in her X-Wing flight suit!

The only drawback to working from a home office on a day like this is it's harder for me to flaunt my status as the company's biggest geek.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Was told my acting was 'very enjoyable' today and basically got praised a lot by my tutor for my chices in the speeches I'm going to do for Showcase, and how well I'll do them. :D
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

My son was awarded a special certificate by his soccer coach for "fantastic footwork." I was quite proud, but not in the least surprised.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I washed and fixed my excellent coat. I wasn't sure putting it in the washer would be okay, but it made it through. And fixing it went okay too. (Except for when I accidentally cut a big hole in it and had to stitch it up.) I love this coat, and it's getting chilly here now.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

After years of putting actual effort into our Halloween costumes only to lose "costume" contests to people who simply had the most drunken friends to cheer for them (or to the women who didn't actually wear any costumes to speak of), my husband and I hit big paydirt on the Halloween costume contest circuit- without bringing any drunken friends, and in my case, without removing any of my costume! His post apocalyptic undead costume won two best overall awards. My homemade pirate costume took second for scariest female and won for most creative. We took home close to $1,000 worth in cash and prizes, including a weekend ski resort vacation.

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

My goodness, Angelique! I had no idea such things existed. One K for a costume? Awesome. So, were your offspring properly impressed?

And now, my own meager but fulfilling awesome-coffee comment. First day of Novelling: 2,731 words. I had planned for 1500-2500 b/c Saturdays are busy, so am happy with it so far. Only 29 days and 47,269 words to go.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

WOW!

Ange that's amazing!!

In positive news for myself, I made some headway with the student newspaper and we cracked a huge case and made a drastic change for the better of the school. :D
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Originally posted by Elfdame
My goodness, Angelique! I had no idea such things existed. One K for a costume? Awesome. So, were your offspring properly impressed?
They were quite pleased with our prize haul. Not so impressed with our costumes, but then, with our memberships in a couple of costuming organizations as well as our theater backgrounds, the kids are a little blase about Mommy and Daddy dressing up.

We actually do have a newspaper clipping of my husband dressed as Jedi Master Plo Koon (no mask- the rather extremely alien face was all prosthetics and liquid latex) with my son, who was caught in mid-yawn.

On another note, I got word today of plans for my first real comic work.

I also need to add that my daughter served at the altar at Mass for the first time today. She took right to it, and I was somewhat amused to see how her dance experience helped her deal with an altar and a credence table obviously not built with the parish's shortest altar server in mind. It was nothing a high releve couldn't help her overcome.

[Edited on 2/11/2008 by Angelique]

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

(off topic, but then I am Queen Of Off Topic) We used to have an altar boy who was so short ("how short was he?") that Father would put the Sacrametary on TOP of his little punkin head. Sorta like a half-lectern in sneakers.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

The Nanowrimo is going most excellent so far for me. Took me a llittle while yesterday, but I'm on par with the words...that is, I'm on par for day two, but still need 1667 words today. Just glad I don't have to type 3300 words again today.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I ate breakfast. :D I never eat breakfast!
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

w00t-w00t

Post by Elfdame »

I entered a silly poem into a local contest, figuring that there wouldn't be many entries.

I was right! So I will get enough cash to offset the entry fee, plus have something I can wave at my Dad's face and go, "See, I won something," along with the blurb about NaNoWriMo published in that local free tabloid. He's always wanting me to DO something with my writing, so I figure, shortcut is to be big fish in tiny pond.

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Congrats Elfdame!!

4 days till my hubby and me go on our trip :)! Yay! We started packing today.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I got Kung-Fu Panda!! :stunned:stunned Will watch. Over. and over. and over.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I'm getting back into some non-fencing martial arts. This time, I'm looking to take up capoeira, jujitsu, and if I can find it around here, jeet kune do.

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Yesterday, I finally passed a chemistry quiz that I'd taken nine times before. Today was a half day, and my brother's buying me lunch.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

A sort of continuation of my last post in 'this coffee tastes like ass':

My little sister came into work today on the way back from an interview just as I'd made enough to buy my copy of Wrath and she agreed to run over there and pick up my collectors edition. Fifteen minutes later she turns up with the game and a spare £10, turns out when she'd gone to pick it up it had come up at the cheaper price and she hadn't bothered to correct them >.> and she got me a two month subscription as a early birthday present!

My sis is made of awesome win ^-^
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

I cleaned my desk finally! And it looks GORGEOUS! (And smells nice too! Yay orange oil!)

AND I ran into my old Children's Theatre Workshop instructor - I was driving along when this bright yellow focus caught my eye and I read the license plate and...could not believe what it said, I followed the car a mile into a shopping center, and we had a wonderful chat, and she remembered me! I also found out I was in one of the very first classes she ever taught. :) I got invited back to watch some of the classes, and I will certainly go! :D :D :D
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Don't you love when an unexpected, pleasant, surprise comes around? Those are great.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

I got one of those today.

During surgery this morning, I asked our ... well, he's like our "Chief of Surgery", about his partner's upcoming dance performance.

It turns out Claudio is an aerialist from Brazil that I've actually heard of. (Dr. Bennett is a really cool guy. It totally makes sense that he is married to a Brazilian trapeze artist...)

Apparently the school does have trapeze equipment and Claudio came by after the surgery and we agreed that it would be cool for him to coach me going back on the equipment to see what skills I've lost after my leg surgery (and which ones I still have.)

So, that's something to look forward to after the NAVLE.

-e
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Despite ass-tasting coffee I feel good about today for some reason. :D

Hope everyone has a good day today! :wave :smirk
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, there's one thing good about being a phone worker with laryngitis. I get the day off! (Too bad I don't get paid sick leave.)

Still, there's a silver lining to everything.

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

The bad new is that I have to make a full out book by the end of the semester (research, write, print, bind) and keep up with three other studio classes, but the good news is that I am fully functional without sleep so I have ample time! Sleep? Who needs it!? This is damn good coffee.
one name: Bruce Campbell
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Last weeks' hormone induced depression turned out to be a good thing because now I can properly support my friend who is going through the exact same thing this week. We have got to get ourselves a better pill!
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

I got a pass from one of my favorite teachers to go to her room for study hall and did all my homework that was due for the last two blocks, so I just got to hang out there for half an hour. My algebra II teacher said she was pretty sure I passed the quiz today, so I won't have to take it again. And, I had Taco Bell! :D