this coffee tastes astounding!

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Nothing like kicking out a migraine! Congrats!!!
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

:smug won the fic challenge competition :smug
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Yeah, well, that's what bribing people with beer will get you.

JK - your fic was very cute.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I plan on drinking alcohol tonight and then maybe getting a little somethin' somethin'. :naughty Making my day of HELL a little better!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

we did absolutely nothing in painting class today. it was awesome.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I lost the fic challenge, but only to a worthy opponent like Steyn.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

Yarr! I be watching the second moving picture show of the Boy from Hell today. The one with the Golden Army, yarr, I love gold.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Arrrrr! Me cyber-matey, Steyn, be rememberin' to talk like a pirate! No walkin' the plank today fer that fine, bright boy!

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Today I go to my friends house for a sleepover for her birthday! We're gonna gorge ourselves on icecream with a buttload of toppings. mini m&m's, fudge/carmel/mashmallow sauce, strawberries, pineapple, whipped cream, sprinkles etc. :D

She's turning 37. Whee for keeping on being a kid at heart. :)
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Football team won, 34-17. So, we're still undefeated (5-0). I also had to make my shirt for spirit club, and it turned out fairly well. So, tailgate and game weren't as horrible as I thought they were going to be.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

On friday, we anesthetized a Malaysian Sun Bear, did a root canal, and woke it up. There were 6 vets, 2 veterinary students, and 4 veterinary technicians involved.

I was on anesthesia monitoring and "team butt polyp", but I think that belongs in the other thread.

The funniest part was darting the bear. We corralled it into a small enclosure and THEN darted it. The whole National Geographic thing, where the guy darts the deer mid-leap and it instantly crashes to the ground? That's not quite how it works. In reality the bear stands in the enclosure and looks at you, you dart it from about 2 feet away, and then in half an hour you go see if it worked. :)

-e
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Saturday, two of my fellow middle-aged writing friends from a town about an hour away from mine, decided to hop in the car and visit me. We went out to eat (nowhere fancy, but hey I didn't have to cook or clean up!) and it turns out we're all going thru similar mid-life doldrums. It was very upliftng. I got to show them my very first real-live rejection letter and they were properly impressed.

And now one of them, due to our encouragement (read that: nagging) is going to submit one of her stories to Ellery Queen magazine. I judged this story in a contest once and gave it first place; it's an awesome piece, very Rod Serling-esque. AND she sounded interested in doing NaNoWriMo this year; it's always fun to have buddies join in the craziness.

(PS, Rowena, you have met one of the gals.)

Anyway, it was a great spur-of-the-moment surprise and a welcome chance to talk silliness and serious topics.

THEN the Cowboys won last night. I had divided loyalties b/c I like the Packers too, but the Cowboy's are God's team (IMO, and yes I'm being over-the-top on purpose. If God cheered, I guess He'd go for the Cardinals just for the name, ha ha, Catholic humour.). Woot-woot!

[Edited on 22/9/08 by Elfdame]

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

God doesn't watch football silly. :shakeno

The Lord watches Red Sox. :P

The Yankees are AWFUL this year! :eeevil:eeevil

So yeah, my good news is... SOX WON AGAINST TORONTO!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hustin, Andrew, and I have decided that every Monday from now on we're going to Taco Bell after school. We did today, and it was awesome.

My mom also got a job at Borders in the cafe, so I can get a discount on books now. :D

[Edited on 9/22/2008 by tears~fall~like~glass]
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

the flight didn't kill me. even though I thought it was going to and the "Sky Mall" mag is ripped a bit because of it. LOL
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

All my students medaled at least once at our latest dance competition Saturday.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

Tomorrow is South African's Heritage Day, and also National Braai Day, which means tomorrow I'll be having a BBQ with skewers/kebabs, lamb chops, boere wors, and anything else we can dig up from the depths of the deep freeze. :D

Hmm, wonder if braai day can go international....anyone of the scrawlers wanna barbecue tomorrow with me? And I don't mean just grilling, I mean there should be red hot embers sizzling as the tender meat's juices and marinade drips on them. The smell of the sweet marinade getting warmer and warmer as the meat darkens as it cooks, slowly making you more and more hungry. And then with your tongs you flip the meat to cook the other side, the sizzling noise invading your ears as the fire gives the luscious mouth watering trademarked taste to the food.

Nothing beats a braai.

[Edited on 23/9/2008 by steyn]
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Veterinarians do all the animal based food supply safety in the US. That USDA stamp on your meat was put there by a vet. The result is that vets (and vet students) are like the biggest carnivores on the planet. Everyone is really into grilling big piles of meat on a regular basis, and you know what, grilled meat is pretty damned good.

(True story: I had never cooked on a grill before vet school.)

I like my new little electric grill thing. It's not an open flame with nationally cross-cultural homemade sausage or anything, but I'd probably set the cats on fire by accident anyway.

So I was going to "electrically braai" tomorrow until it occurred to me that in South Africa it IS tomorrow so ... I already did! (And it was really good. Free range turkey burger on an english muffin with fresh goat cheese and grilled red peppers - all locally grown/raised/made from the farmers market this past weekend. Yummy!)

I want wait until next year! (or tomorrow, whichever comes first.)

-e
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

I sold £219.50 worth of tutu's at work yesterday, I have l33t salesmanship skills and I even managed to keep the shop looking tidy between the hordes of customers :dance

Oh, and the new power cord for my laptop arrived yesterday, whooo!!
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

My not-so-little girl, the inspiration for the character Grace O'Malley in A Day in the Life, and the number 1 fan of Nightscrawlers' emoticons turned 9 yesterday. My parents, who've just successfully sold my late grandparents' home in California and now live about a 3 hour drive from us, were able to come over and celebrate with us.

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Egad ... to me a girl turning 9 would belong in the other dept. In my limited experience, that's when the Body Snatchers come and leave a growling minx in place of the sweetie-pie.

Your milage may vary. I am happy you all had a good celebration! Ad multos annos.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Originally posted by Elfdame
Egad ... to me a girl turning 9 would belong in the other dept. In my limited experience, that's when the Body Snatchers come and leave a growling minx in place of the sweetie-pie.

Your milage may vary. I am happy you all had a good celebration! Ad multos annos.
No body snatchers here. There is a reason why we figured the sonic scream was an appropriate super power for my sweetie-pie's character. I'm kind of used to it.

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I'm going away with the girlfriends for the entire weekend!! Yay! No kids! No grumpy hubbies! Whee!

And I also am really happy cause Elfdame's posts always make me smile :D

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Hmmm ... I think I need my own website ... Elfdame Fan Club. Just kidding.

Thanks, Paws, for making my day. You go have fun, eat too much junk food, giggle and squeee, and forget anything that doesn't go with "Good Time Weekend"!

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

I have a clean (ish) flat, my altar's all pretty, music is loud and the mices seem to have vanished. I'm also naked and STAYING IN BED ALL DAY. Without the help of a migraine!! For once!!

This is a good thing in the life of Scum ^^

Oh, and I got to scare the hell out of a poor little gas man on Thursday :content

Today's thought of the day: Insense is the best thing in the world. It smells nice and you get to burn things :cracked
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art