Nightcrawler on X-men: Next Dimnension

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

Ok, so here's anohter thing I just remembered to tell you guys from the comic con! Hsu, you're an idiot! Shut up! All of you! :D

er... anyways

I got to play X-Men: Next Dimension at the comic con. The game is released in November for the PS2. I only played Nightcrawler because it is my civil duty and because everyone else played the other characters.

The games basically the same at Mutant Academy too, but much nicer looking. Nightcrawler is in his leather costume, but has a second costume too, but it wasn't avalable there. He has two swords strapped to his back.
He is a pretty tricky character. He's pretty fast, but pretty weak. It takes a lot of hits for him to bring down a character. Even his move where he ports people multiple times (It's called Dimensional Rage I think) doesn't do much. The trick is that because Nightcrawler can teleport, he can get away from almost any attack. Keep your distance then when a character charges up to do some killer move on you (they glow and the cmaera focuses on them) bamf away. It really pisses people off.
He has some cool moves with his swords. He does some one twos where he'll punch someone then slash at them. He also has this quick jab 6 hit move with his word with is cool. He even uses the sword with his tail sometimes!! :D
His throws are the same. He puches the character, then ports behind them to trip them. He in the air throw has him grab the person throw them down then port down and hit them. It's pretty cool.
Nightcrawler would be best used against slow, strong characters like Juggernaut or the Sentinels. When you see a character swinging for some killer hit, jab them repeatedly with your sword.

The levels also rule. Im alsmost every level you can get knocked up to other levels. In the X-mansion all th furniture and stuff is breakable!

Overall the game is pretty cool. All the characters have intro taunts and winning taunts. The best one in the entiure game has to be Havoks. When he wins he does this little pose and says "Lets see Cyclops do that" :laugh:
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BAMFCentral »

Sound pretty cool! Argh, most of us wont be able to play that for awhile. I figured that the game would keep several of the fighting moves. Just like the Street Fighter series, you don't change the moves or you loose the old fan base. Hopefully we will get a few xtras in the game. The pics of the graphics I have seen are really great. Up there for what they should be able to do for the PS2 and like consoles.

Eagerly awaiting this one. :)
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

oh wow... I've never been much into video games this sounds seriously cool...
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by ahmed »

man! I am definitely going to get this game!

too bad he isn't that strong though. You'd think his sabers would do more damage...
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Post by little Blue Lucy »

AWW YES! PS2 RULES! Okay sorry for yelling!:oops::laugh: Anyway I am So getting that game!:D
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BlueJubatus »

YAY!!! My brother has already promised to get me a copy....were gonna be arguing over who gets to be nighty tho:P
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

I'm glad my sis doesn't care!:laugh:
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"

Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

*pauses Mutant Academy 2 to drool over the thought of Next Dimension*

Hey, Hsubox, were his feet still wonky in this version? That was really my only argument with MA2...albeit a small argument.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

I don't remember wonky feet but I was a little dissapointed at his voice. Just not how I picture Nightcrawler talking.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Crawler »

Was it the same kinda lame voice as in MA2? I disliked that one, too. I think it annoyed me because it reminded me of the Fox series Nightcrawler....which was horrible. I guess, now that I think of it, that it could've actually been the same voice. Who knows? Ummm...point is that I mostly hope he doesn't say the same phrases. What are some of the things he says? Does he have any funny taunts?
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

Actually, I couldn't understand what he said. It was very loud in there and he spoke quickly. I remember him laughing as he ports in at the beginning. The voice was just... bad. Yeah kinda like that FOX cartoon one. I mean, I could do a better Nightcrawler voice!
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Crawler »

Well, maybe it wasn't so bad....maybe the noice made you only hear the bad part of the voice...I know that that happens to me sometimes. ;)
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Hopefully:P:laugh: Oh well I want to get it anyway! Hsu I know what you mean about picturing Nightcrawler sounding a certain way, and then when someone does his voice, even if the accent is fine but the tone or whatever isn't right, you're just like Ach! He doesn't sound like that!:P At least that's how I handle it.:laugh:
Incidentally, I really hope Jono sounds right if they ever make a cartoon with him!:ooh::rolleyes:

Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Crawler »

I wonder if telepathic voices would really sound like that. In my head, they probably would, I guess. All echoey. I really need to get some furniture in there or something. ;)
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Originally posted by Fasheem
They'd probably make Jono sound all spooky and stuff. Creepy mind voices, oooooOOOOoooOOOOoooOOOooo
Nooooo!:shame: He doesn't sound creepy! He sounds sweet!:)

Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

I always wondered what wavy green speech bubbles sound like. I mean what are we supposed to draw from that? I always guessed it was kinda spooky maybe crackly or staticcy (is that a word?)
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

I just think it's a way to reflect the fact that he's communicating telapathically. When I imagine the way his voice is (which is incredibly easy for me to do incidentally) he always sounds totally normal (mebee a leetle echoey....). He has a soft ( gentle I guess sounds weird but it's true:P:laugh: ) kind of voice, and of course an English accent!;)
and Sheem I guess I wouldn't hate them, but it would definitely irk me and take some getting used to.:rolleyes:

wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by wolviechickie »

I am more of PC person
Harlekein
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Harlekein »

I'm more of a PC person as well and I hope this will be released for the PC as well otherwise I won't get to play it.
Abbatoir
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Abbatoir »

On the subject of Jono's voice and accent I hate it. I love the character but I'm British like him and I don't talk like that. Plonker, luv and other "Brit" words makes him sound really stereotypical. His limited series rules though!
Abbatoir: professional lurker for hire. Now taking contracts. :D
:bamf: :deadpool: :agentx: :lifeguard: :slippy: :chamber: :phoenix: :bets: :tb3: :ghostrider:
"Keep the Collar, Kurt!" club #1 U2U me to join!
The "Losers" have won! The collar will be lost in the new year! But we will not let this happen!
"Get the Collar Back!" club #1 U2U me to join!
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#2
Defender of Decency (hah!) in the C.O.C.K
Hug Fiend #1
Teen Scrawlers Leader
Pick your nickname! I am now known as Abbatoir, Abs, Abby, Abba, and Abb!
Nyssane
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Nyssane »

Originally posted by Abbatoir
On the subject of Jono's voice and accent I hate it. I love the character but I'm British like him and I don't talk like that. Plonker, luv and other "Brit" words makes him sound really stereotypical. His limited series rules though!
Well, new readers won't know he's British if he doesn't use stereotypical British phrases! Would you rather it be mentioned every issue that he's from Europe?

On the topic of Nightcrawler in the game, he scares me. However, I just found out that there's 8 costumes of everyone. :D Nightcrawler's other costumes make up for his bad voice and stupid lines, along with his cheapness when being played by the computer. Grrr!
:phantazia:The Forgotten One: Phantazia:phantazia:

MONSTRA WILL SMASH YOU ALL!
Abbatoir
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Abbatoir »

Yeah but it seems so stereotypical. Say a few phrases but not too many. Anyway I'm definatly getting this because now I know Lady Deathstryke's in it! Yay!
:bamf: :deadpool: :agentx: :lifeguard: :slippy: :chamber: :phoenix: :bets: :tb3: :ghostrider:
The "Losers" have won! The collar will be lost in the new year! But we will not let this happen!
Hug Fiend #1
Teen Scrawlers Leader
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

I definitely agree with you on the limited series, and I don't mind about the sterotypical part. I dunno, stuff like that never bothers me much!:laugh: As far as the voice itself, regardless of the phrases. I know I've said this but yeah I just imagine him sounding real nice!:)

[Edited on 17-4-2007 by little Blue Lucy]

Abbatoir
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Abbatoir »

Ok peeps. Here it is. CheatCodeCentral's walkthrough. It's got the moves for all the characters (including hiddens and how to get them) and a strength chart. It's official folks. Kurt is the weakest character in the game. :evil:

http://www.cheatcc.com/psx2/sg/x_men_next_dimension.txt
Hug Fiend #1
Teen Scrawlers Leader
crawler_17
Lubber
Lubber

Post by crawler_17 »

:DYeah! That's awesome, I'll probably get the game now! Nighty sounds awesome! What other characters are on the game?:ooh: