8/20 Issue: Mommy and Daddy Stark

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

8/20 Issue: Mommy and Daddy Stark

Post by Slarti »

Timelined when the Mistress of the Timeline sees fit.

Rogue: Rogue sighed as she flushed the toilet for the fifth time so far that day and went to wash her hands. This was annoying. Pregnancy was supposed to be beautiful and all it was was an inconvenience so far. The constant peeing, the no-warning puking, and no reward of feeling the baby moving was getting to her. "Plato, remind me t' add toilet paper t' th' grocery list f'r later this week. Think Ah'm gonna be usin' every bit in th' house at this rate."

Rogue: "Yes, Mommy." Rogue made a face and looked up at the ceiling. "Tony!"

Tony: Tony couldn't hear her, of course, since he was currently getting out of his limo and sending off his security entourage for the afternoon. Hopefully, anyway. "Sir," Plato piped up since he was within range now. "I believe Miss Rogue is displeased with the new programming." Tony cackled and started for the front door. "That's okay, because Daddy's home."

Rogue: "Mommy, Daddy has arrived and will be with you shortly." Rogue's nose wrinkled and she started out of their room to find Tony. "It's weird, Tony," she yelled, knowing full well he wouldn't be able to hear her yet if he was still outside. "Plato sounds like a full-on grown man! It's one thing when th' daddy o' th' baby does it an' a whole 'nother when a random ass man does it!"

Tony: "She seems quite upset, sir, and called me a 'random ass man,'" Plato reported through Tony's smart watch. He laughed and waved Heather off as he approached the front door and it swung open. He stepped inside and grinned. "Daddy's home!" He pitched his voice to carry.

Rogue: "Mommy's pissed," she replied, mimicking his tone and making sure it would echo as she stopped at the top of the main staircase.

Tony: "Aww, you don't like Plato's newest update?" He reached the bottom of those stairs and looked up a her with a shit-eating grin. "Hi, beautiful."

Rogue: That grin made her a little weak-kneed and the look in her eyes softened as she heard his voice. "Hi, handsome." She made her way down, mood brightening with every stair. "Ah missed you. An' no, Ah don't like his update. He's a grown man who ain't th' father o' th' baby Ah'm carryin'."

Tony: Tony's grin only grew and he caught her at the bottom of the steps for a hug and a kiss. "I missed you, too."

Rogue: Rogue kissed him back and held him tight, not wanting to let go. "Do they hafta keep y' away f'r so long? Politicians're mean an' awful creatures t' keep y' from y' girlfriend an' y' unborn child f'r more'n a day."

Tony: "I know, luckily I have less than six months left in office. The countdown is on, and then I can be here annoying you all the time." He gave her another quick kiss and held her, happy to let her cling.

Rogue: "Th' countdown began a long time ago f'r me." She pulled back and put her hand on her abdomen, smiling down at it. "It just happened t' become even more important a few weeks ago."

Tony: Tony's expression softened and he took her in, imagining how she'd look in the coming months. His perfect little family. "I can't wait."

Rogue: Rogue looked up at him from under her lashes, "Me neither." And then she remembered, "Fix Plato."

Tony: "Ha!" He moved back in to gather her into his arms. "You're relentless. I'll adjust his speech center."

Rogue: That pleased her and she melted against him, lifting her chin to smile up at him. "Thanks, sugah." Rogue rose on her toes and gave him a quick kiss. "How long do y' get t' be home this time?"

Tony: "I have to be back for a meeting with the secretary of state tomorrow afternoon." He sighed, but happily returned the kiss. "Until then, I'm all yours."

Rogue: Rogue made an upset noise and pouted at him. "That's so fast..." Every time he left right now, she got teary and she really hated that part of this. "Cain't they do without y' f'r more'n a day?"

Tony: "I'm told I'm important to the country," he tsked. "I think it's just a conspiracy to keep me away from you."

Rogue: She huffed and laid her cheek on his chest. "Ah don't like when y' go. It's so lonely here without you. An' what if somethin' goes wrong?"

Tony: "And Plato is less than comforting when he calls you mom?" He was still grinning, then turned to rest his hand on her stomach. "Everything is going to be fine, and if you need me I'm just a couple of hours away."

Rogue: "Plato is th' least comfortin' when he calls me that, yeah." Rogue rested a hand on top of his. "A couple hours is an eternity when y're bleedin' out..."

Tony: Tony swallowed. "Nothing is going to happen, sweetheart." He pulled her closer and frowned. "I could take the suit to DC... push Mark IV's development. That'd cut more time."

Rogue: "Or Ah could move back t' th' asylum? Closer t' Hank that way." Not that it was what she wanted to do, for several reasons, but she didn't want to distract him in DC either. "If y' push it, y' might make a mistake that could cost y' more'n just a soggy set o' clothes."

Tony: His nose twitched and his eyebrow arched. "Me? Mistake? I never." While he didn't like the idea of her not being in their home, he could understand her worry. "If you think you should, but your big blue doctor seemed to think things were going fine."

Rogue: "Except when y' rushin' 'cause y' stressed an' worried 'bout y' growin' family's life." She pouted and moved to wrap both arms around him again. "Ah don't wanna do it. Ah'm just scared's all..."

Tony: "Yeah, yeah," he waved that concern away before he gathered her back into his arms. "After my meeting I could come back. I think I should restructure my schedule to give me more time here anyway."

Rogue: "No," she took a breath and shook her head. "No. Y' really need t' focus on y' job. Th' country is more important." Rogue pressed a kiss to his collarbone and closed her eyes. "Ah'll just hafta make due with th' time Ah'm given an' keep her safe in th' between times."

Tony: "Nothing is more important than you and the baby," he whispered it against her skin and kissed her forehead. "But I trust you to keep him - or her - safe when I'm not here."

Rogue: "Ah dunno. Ah think th' country might fall int' chaos without y' there t' keep things held t'gether." She held him for a moment, just enjoying having him home. "Y're th' most important man on th' planet an' y' job helps things keep movin'."

Tony: He squared his shoulders and smirked. "Well, if you want to stroke the ego..."

Rogue: Rogue felt the shift in his posture and grinned, pulling back to look up at him, "Ah c'n stroke more'n that since Ah ain't nauseous right now."

Tony: "Well," he perked up. "I'd be happy to do a little stroking of my own..." Tony remembered his cargo and kissed her again before he let go to reach into the bag on his shoulder. "But first, I have a little something for, well..."

Tony: Tony pulled out the small, soft toy. It was a teddy bear's head and arms built into a small fuzzy blanket. He booped her on the nose with the bear's nose.

Rogue: Rogue's eyes got shiny and she took the toy from him, "Aww, Tony! It's so sweet!" She blinked to try and keep herself from crying, "Our baby's first teddy. Ah love that it came from you." She kissed him softly. "It's perfect. She'll love it."

Tony: "A perfect toy for a perfect miracle baby." He returned the kiss, giving the bear in her hand a little pat. "I may have managed to do some shopping in DC."

Rogue: "F'r more than this? Without me?" She frowned up at him, concerned, "Y' didn't pick out th' whole nursery without me, did y'? Ah'd like t' have that be somethin' we do t'gether. Y' know, as new parents?"

Tony: "I didn't pick out a nursery," he laughed, then licked his lips. "I looked at baby stuff, then realized I had no idea what I was looking at, bought a toy, and made a strategic withdrawal."

Rogue: That made her laugh and she mimicked his boop from earlier with the bear. "Ah won't know either. We'll learn t'gether, too." Rogue tilted her head as an idea hit her, "Do y' wanna do it t'day?"

Tony: "I read every medical journal and study when we found out we were pregnant, but I haven't managed to get to furniture... or this thing you use to suck snot out of the baby's nose..." He made a face, then grinned at the boop and her idea. "That sounds like a wonderful idea."

Rogue: Rogue's smile softened and she looked up at him in wonder. "Y're th' most amazin' man Ah've ever met. Ah love you, did y' know that?"

Tony: "I might have heard," he smirked, cocking his head and leaning down to give her a gentle kiss. "I love you, too."

Rogue: "Who told y'? Plato? Dirty rat." She laughed and kissed him back. "Should we figure out which room we want th' nursery t' be b'fore we shop so we know what size furniture t' get? Or should we buy th' furniture an' figure out which room it fits in?"

Tony: "Damn him," he winked. "I say we buy whatever strikes our fancy and it'll fit, even if we have to knock out a few walls."

Rogue: Rogue's eyebrows went up in amusement, but she couldn't say she was surprised by that answer. "It's a good thing y're rich. Ah don't know that y' could afford y'self if y' weren't."

Tony: Tony just grinned. "I know. Great, isn't it?"

Rogue: "It's fun, that's f'r sure." She gave him another kiss and stepped around him to set the bear on the small table at the end of the stairs. "Should we go buy out th' store, then?"

Tony: "Absolutely, that sounds like a solid plan for the afternoon, then tonight we can get back to that stroking we discussed." He slid his hands in his pockets and pivoted to watch her, appreciation in his eyes.

Rogue: "Mmm. Ah think that sounds amazin'. An' if we weren't on th' store's schedule, Ah'd start that strokin' right here in th' entry." Rogue turned and caught the look on his face and she flushed, smiling a little, "What? Ah cain't be glowin' yet."

Tony: "But you are," he said, voice soft. Tony half laughed at himself. "Hell, you've always glowed. Full of life, and sass. Why else did I chase you for so long?"

Rogue: "Y' didn't chase me, Tony. Y' caught me on th' first try. Not that Ah knew that until recently." She stepped back into him and put her hands on his chest. "Y're perfect an' Ah wish Ah'd seen it sooner."

Tony: "I was using good bait," he laughed, nodding at her bracelet. Resting his hands on her hips when she sidled up to him, he grinned down at her. "Perfect, huh? That'll never get old."

Rogue: "Bait Ah didn't even realize y' had an ulterior motive for. Although, Ah think y' woulda been okay if it hadn't worked th' way y' wanted. If a li'l sad, but still happy y' helped me." Rogue arched an eyebrow in playful challenge. "Or have Ah been wrong 'bout y' sweet, carin' nature all this time?"

Tony: "Disappointed, yes. I might have recovered. Given time." He mock sniffled. "Or I might have just had to double down on my seduction efforts. Since I know in addition to being sweet and caring I'm also irresistible."

Rogue: "Double down? F'r me? Not just go find a sexier gal t' stroke y' massive ego if Ah'd said it was unprofessional?"

Tony: "Massive, eh? Are you sure we're still talking about my ego?"

Rogue: Rogue narrowed her eyes a bit at the avoided question. "She'd've been strokin' more'n y'r ego, but maybe Ah shouldn't."

Tony: Tony raised both hands and nearly took a step back. Ah, hormones. He'd read about this. "Hey, there is no sexier gal, but if you weren't interested I would have had to move on. Right?" That seemed diplomatic.

Rogue: "But..." Now Rogue was conflicted and she looked down, trying not to cry. "If it's meant t' be, y' wouldn't've gone after somebody else... Right? Only me?"

Tony: He blinked. "I didn't?" Taking a chance, he gathered her back into his arms. "Sweetheart, I knew there was something special about you from the day you started working for me, and I never gave up on that feeling. I love you, Anna Marie."

Rogue: That did her in and she clung to him, sniffling, letting the tears flow silently for a moment. "Ah love you, Tony. Ah'm sorry. Ah don't know what's wrong with me."

Tony: "Nothing is wrong with you, but I know what's affecting you. I read all about it. Hormone fluctuations cause changes in mood." He paused for a moment, then couldn't resist. "Sometimes whiplash inducing changes," he chuckled, holding her tight.

Rogue: "Ah gave y' whiplash?!" That horrified her and she let out a small sob. "Ah'm sorry!”

Tony: "I'm joking! Joke. It was, uh, just a joke..." He rubbed her back and bent to kiss the top of her head. "It's fine. You're fine."

Rogue: She took a shaky breath and looked up at him, lower lip wobbly as she tried to control herself. "Promise? Y' not hurt an' y' didn't wanna chase any other gal if Ah'd said no?"

Tony: Tony resisted a confused blink. "I'm not hurt," he assured her, and decided it was best just to agree with the emotional pregnant girlfriend. "Absolutely. I only have eyes for you."

Rogue: Rogue nodded, pleased with that answer and reached up to swipe at the wet under her eyes. "How will we know what t' get at th' baby store? We cain't buy f'r both..."

Tony: "Both? I think there's just the one..." Tony brushed his thumb under her eye, stroking her cheek and thoroughly confused.

Rogue: "A boy an' a girl, Tony. How c'n we buy f'r a baby when we don't know what we're havin'?" She gave him big sad eyes and took a deep breath to keep herself from crying again. "Ah don't even know what's growin' inside mah body!"

Tony: "It's a baby, sweetheart. It's our baby." He leaned and kissed her forehead, still stroking her cheek. "Okay. It shouldn't matter so much for furniture, right? A boy or a girl? Both of them need a crib."

Rogue: Rogue took a hitching breath and pressed her lips together to stop their trembling. She nodded slightly and looked up at him, searching his eyes for answers to questions she didn't know how to put into words. This was supposed to be a happy time but she was terrified and she missed her best friend. "A crib. Right. An' maybe a cradle f'r our room?"

Tony: He wasn't sure why she was looking at him like that, but he gave her a soft smile, only slightly twitchy with confusion. "Right. That sounds good. And who says we have to buy anything today if we don't want to? We can shop around, decide what we want, and what we need."

Rogue: She nodded again, more definite this time. "Okay." Rogue swallowed and swiped at her eyes again. "Our baby," she said softly. "Our baby's gonna have th' most lovin' daddy an' she'll never want f'r a thing."

Tony: "Right," he agreed, glad she seemed to be calming. Nine months of this was gonna be a wild ride. Then she had to say that and get all doe-eyed again. Tony gave her a soft smile and a quick kiss. "That's the whole plan, yep. Do things right this time."

Rogue: Rogue smiled at the kiss. "Everythin's gonna go right f'r us. Should we call Happy t' drive us?"

Tony: "That's right," he agreed. "We could, and maybe get back to that conversation on stroking on the way?"

Rogue: "Strokin'? Y'r ego or th' reason we're doin' this shoppin'?" She smirked and shifted a bit to reach his jaw with her mouth, kissing along the line of scruff that had started to grow since his morning shave. "Maybe y' should call him now 'cause Ah'm ready t' get started on th' second one."

Tony: "Both. The answer is always both," he laughed, loving the feel of her mouth on his skin. "But with more emphasis on the second, definitely, which has peripheral benefits for the first." He tapped his wrist to summon Happy.

Rogue: "Mmm." Rogue slid her hands up to his shoulders as her mouth moved down his neck. "What style furniture y' thinkin'?" One hand moved to slip between them to his belt. "Wood's where mah brain's goin'."

Tony: "Mine too! But for... very different reasons." Happy could wait, right? His head tipped back to let her explore and his hands went to her hips, tracing her curves. "Oh right, actual wood. Outstanding. That's a classic."

Rogue: Rogue purred a little at his touches, "Well we do live in an old house. Gotta have a classic t' go with th' baby bein' born here. She's already an instant classic. Superhero mom, President dad?"

Tony: She was making delicious noises now and he wanted to hear more, his hands coming up with his thumbs brushing the bottoms of her breasts. "He's going to be the most amazing baby, just like his mom and dad."

Rogue: "Just like us," she murmured happily, then pulled back to look at him. "Y' think she'll have y'r nose an' mah chin? Maybe y'r hair?"

Tony: "Your nose would be prettier for a girl, sweetheart, and your hair, too." He looked down at her with a soft smile, getting a little lost in her eyes.

Rogue: Rogue blushed and lifted on her toes to brush her nose against his. "Ah hope if she has mah hair, she doesn't have mah white stripe. Not that Ah mind it now, but Ah had t' go through so much hell as a kid."

Tony: Tony smiled at the Eskimo kiss. "Well, those kids didn't know what they were missing. I love your hair." Tony raised a hand and traced the white stripe, his eyes following his fingers, then he tucked it behind her ear and pulled her closer for a kiss.

Rogue: "Y're older an' wiser. Otherwise Ah'd say y'd've made fun o' me right alongside 'em." She pressed her lips softly against his, closing her eyes to savor the sweet moment. "Or maybe y' just Pepe LePew in disguise."

Tony: "Oui, oui, madam," he laughed, putting on the accent and pressing her against him. He gave her another kiss, then closed one eye to give her a dubious squint. "Although I think you just called me old."

Rogue: "Older. But ageless," she cooed and gave him another eskimo kiss. "But, if y're havin' t' squint t' see me this close, maybe y' are gettin' old," Rogue teased and nipped at his lower lip.

Tony: "I only need reading glasses for fine print. That's why I make my lawyers read it instead of me." He opened both eyes wide, then laughed. After a moment, he sighed. "I never asked. Never thought to ask before. Does it bother you? That I'm older."

Rogue: She laughed with him and kissed him again. "No, sugah. If it bothered me, Ah'd've called off our affair 'fore it even got t' th' possibility o' bein' a relationship. Y' ain't that much older. Just old enough t' have been mah protector from th' bullies. Which, in th' spirit o' candor, is kinda just a li'l more'n sexy."

Tony: "Sexy, huh? I'll take it. Although, I was in high school when you were in diapers." The moment he said it, Tony realized what he'd said and made a face.

Rogue: Rogue mirrored his face. "Sexy now. Not sexy then." Then she grinned, "Y' were also President while Ah was in diapers. Think Ah still have y' pocket square that Ah used as a blankie somewhere."

Tony: That surprised a laugh out of him. "That was a weird, weird week. You kept that?" His eyes softened and he kissed her again.

Rogue: "O' course Ah kept that," she reached up and stroked his cheek. "It was a weird week, but Ah've never felt more safe than Ah did when y' were takin' care o' me."

Tony: "Well I hope I can make you feel that way without benefit of diapers, at least sometimes." He leaned into her touch and smirked.

Rogue: Rogue smiled softly up at him and pressed a lingering kiss to his lips. "Y' make mah heart feel safe an' that's all that matters t' me."

Tony: Tony swallowed. "Yeah, I feel that too. You're... something special, and you make me feel more steady than I've ever felt." His wrist beeped and ruined the moment. "I think Happy's ready."

Rogue: "Tony," she said softly, in awe of him. "Let's go spoil our baby then. Make sure he's got th' car with th' dark tint b'tween us an' him."