9/29 Issue: Thank You, Mr. President

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

9/29 Issue: Thank You, Mr. President

Post by Esynthia »

Evening of April 7th, 2023

Rogue: Rogue knocked on the adjoining door to Tony's room and waited to see if he would be available to talk to her or if he was entertaining someone he found elsewhere.

Rogue: Rogue finished settling her things in her new hotel room, now that she had played Pass the President with Carol. She opened her travel jewelry case and set her sweetheart bracelet in it and then slipped her ring off to lie inside the circle it made. She wasn't sure what Sam would think about what she was doing now, but she wanted to keep every reminder of him away when she wasn't 'on the clock' with Tony.

Tony: Tony was very available, and also alone. Neither of those things were good for his long-term mental health, so when he heard the knock on the door he ratcheted up his grin and opened it. "You again!"

Rogue: That made her laugh and gave him a mock-guilty look, "Me again!" Rogue smiled at him, "Care f'r some company? Or do y' have some already?" She made a show of trying to see around him, smirking the whole time.

Tony: "Well, if I had company, you would have had to thoroughly check them out, right?" Tony moved into her field of vision each time she tried to see.

Rogue: Her smirk grew into a full blown smile and she stopped trying. "Yeah, but you're also smart 'nough t' know how t' get things past me if ya really wanted to. I know how quick y' are t' be able t' pick up some entertainment. F'r all Ah know, y' could've found someone in th' hall when y' stepped out t' set down y' used room service tray an' me in th' shower then," she gave him a very elaborate shrug.

Tony: “How do you know that they're not in the shower now?" He cocked his head, enjoying what that shrug did for her.

Rogue: "Because Ah would hear the water running." Rogue gave him a smug grin. "Duh."

Tony: "But would you?" Tony's eyes narrowed and he cocked his head.

Rogue: "Is that a challenge, Mr. President?"

Tony: "A challenge to what? Your hearing? Or my ability to pick up that lovely redhead on the waitstaff?"

Rogue: "Oh, no, Ah know y're more'n capable of pickin' up anybody y' want." She stood up straight and put on the bodyguard facade, with only a hint of playfulness in her eyes, "But if y're tellin' me that there is someone in ya shower who Ah ain't vetted, yet, maybe Ah should just go drag 'em out by their hair, naked an' drippin' wet, an' throw 'em in tha hall?"

Tony: "Be my guest! You'd be doing me a favor, actually." Tony stepped aside to show her in. "She must be one of yours. Invisible. Vanished into thin air, in fact."

Rogue: "She musta been bad in bed if y' want me t' throw her out so fast." Rogue stepped through the doors, making sure hers stayed open before fully entering his room. Out of habit, her eyes scanned the room, looking for any threats to him and visibly let her bodyguard facade melt away. "But, then, if she poofed herself away, maybe she thought it was you who sucked."

Tony: "Hey! I never... suck." Tony gave her a salacious grin and moved a little closer to sweep her hair over her shoulder. "Unless you ask nicely, of course."

Rogue: "Then why, oh why, would she wanna vanish?" Rogue turned her head enough to be able to look up at him with her eyes, "'Less o' course, it was all a ruse t' get me t' come in."

Tony: "I don't need a ruse to get a beautiful woman in my room. Remember? You even said that yourself. Just a minute ago."

Rogue: "Ah'm not just any woman, though. Ah'm y'r personal bodyguard, former X-Man, an' former leader o' X-Force... Think Ah'd at least be smart 'nough t' not fall f'r ya normal lines, Tony."

Tony: "And yet, here you are!" Tony clapped his hands and slid an arm around her shoulders to guide her to the sofa.

Rogue: Rogue grinned and shook her head, "Remind me why Ah put up with you again?" She let him guide her to the sofa, though, picking up her legs to curl under her as she sat. "Booze, Tony. We should drink lots an' lots o' booze."

Tony: "And that is a very good choice." Tony went to get them some of that booze.

Rogue: Rogue watched him walk away, tilting her head at the view. "Ah actually had a reason f'r knockin' on th' door, y' know. An' while th' scenery is real nice, it ain't th' reason Ah'm here."

Tony: "Oh?" Tony spoke over his shoulder as he poured their drinks. "Did another old professor of yours wake up?"

Rogue: "No," Rogue poked her tongue out at his back. "Ah wanted t' thank you, s'all. S'at okay? Am Ah 'llowed t' do that?"

Tony: Tony spun in place with their drinks in his hands. "I'll allow it. What are you thanking me for?"

Rogue: "A couple things, really. F'r lettin' me have some time off t' come down an' see him when he woke up, f'r one." Rogue lifted gracefully from the couch, meeting him halfway to get her drink, "An' f'r agreein' t' what he wanted f'r two. Thank you, Tony."

Tony: "Oh. Well, of course, your time off will be deducted from your vacation..." Tony offered her a glass and met her eyes with a smirk. "As for the other, you're welcome. We'll... have to work on the details. Later."

Rogue: "Ah know that, but y' didn't hafta agree t' let me go." She accepted the glass and turned away, giving him a coy glance over her shoulder, "Xavier'll contact you f'r that, Ah'm sure. F'r now... Why don'tcha be here with me? Drinkin' an' chattin' an'...Havin' a grand time with a friend."

Tony: "I kid." Tony's head tilted and he watched her walk away. "I am here. Enjoying your... southern charm."

Rogue: "Ya mean y' don't find me abrasive an' hard headed?" She slowly sank back down to the couch and looked up at him through her lashes as she took a sip of her drink.

Tony: "That's part of the charm, right?" Tony joined her, sitting down and extending his arm over the back of the sofa.

Rogue: That made her laugh, ruining her attempt at any kind of sexy, and she leaned against the back of the couch. "Not if you ask some people. Some people Ah know hate me 'cause o' that abrasive, hard headed nature." Rogue held her glass up in a toast, "T' the greatest president yet."

Tony: He grinned and raised the glass. "To me!"

Rogue: "Now, did Ah say the words 'Tony' an' 'Stark'? Nope. Ah said 'greatest president'." She smirked at him and took a sip.

Tony: "Which is me." Tony took a drink.

Rogue: "You get th' award f'r 'greatest ego'." She took another drink, slightly bigger this time. "An' Ah guess Ah did mean you. Just don't tell anyone Ah said so. Includin' Bobby Drake. Ah'd never hear th' end of it."

Tony: "Why, thank you." He chuckled. "Oh, Elsa? He's Hope's problem."

Rogue: "Ah think y' got that a bit backwards, Tony... Hope's more his problem." She swirled the scotch a bit, "Is it weird f'r you? Havin' th' two o' us watch th' two o' you?"

Tony: "Whichever," he said, waving a hand, then looked over at her. "Why would it be weird?"

Rogue: "Ah guess more me'n him since he went through trainin' almost like bein' conscripted after X-Force... But, Ah dunno, 'cause we're... Us?" Rogue screwed up her face and took a healthy swig of her drink. "Y' know what. Nevermind. F'rget Ah even said anythin'." She pulled her leg up under her and turned to face him, leaning her shoulder on the back of the sofa. "How come y' don't have a date? It's Friday night."

Tony: "You're you, I'm me. It's a weird, weird world." Tony took a drink and decided to mirror her pose, swapping his drink to his other hand and resting his head on his hand in a fetching pose. "Who says I don't?"

Rogue: "'Cause y' ain't given me anybody t' check out yet." She bit her lip as she smirked at him. It was a fetching pose. Rogue loved her job. "'Less it's a date with Hope? Which would mean Ah'd get a date with mah bestie, so Ah'd be okay with that."

Tony: "Well, that would be awkward. I can't ask you to check yourself. I could, but... it sounds more like I'm suggesting a medical procedure."

Rogue: Rogue laughed, slightly startled by that mental image, then took a drink to hide the blush she felt growing on her face. "An' how exactly did y' know that Ah'd decide t' knock on y'r door t'night f'r anythin' more than a simple 'y' doin' okay, boss? See y' in tha mornin'.'?"

Tony: "Because I'm the best president ever." Tony grinned. "And, also, because when you did that, I had a cunning plan involving an invisible woman in the shower to get you into the room."

Rogue: Rogue rolled her eyes, but grinned anyway, "All y' had t' do was ask me t' come in, y' know."

Tony: "That... was also an option, yes." He gave her a slow blink and took a sip of scotch. "But it was a brilliant plan."

Rogue: "Like most of ya plans, Tony." She took a sip, as well, mirroring him. "So, if this is a 'date' then what did y' have planned f'r tha evenin'?"

Tony: “Thank you! See, you recognize the effort I put into them." He considered this. "Well, let's see. As you so correctly said, it's Friday night. We're in Boston. We could take in the sights," he looked at his ridiculously expensive watch and made a face., "But they're probably closed."

Rogue: Rogue finished off her glass in one swallow, set the empty glass on the coffee table, and propped her head on her arm like he had done earlier. "Ah've seen all th' sights here anyway. Ain't mah fav'rite place. Prefer New York if Ah hafta be somewhere that ain't warm by this time o' year."

Tony: "In that case, we can always look into alternate ways to keep ourselves entertained." He took another drink, watching her.

Rogue: "Why, Mr. President... Are y' suggestin' what Ah think y're suggestin'?" She gave him her best demur face, turning her head away and looking back at him with only her eyes. "Ah had no idea y' felt that way."

Tony: "I know. It's not very professional of me to put you in this position." He drained his glass and set it aside with a smirk. "But then again, when has that ever stopped me?"

Rogue: Rogue's demur look changed to a grin and she gave him a shrug, "Ah don't know that it ever has'r even if it ever will. Ah guess it's a good thing y're so damned attractive an' charmin'. Otherwise, it'd be creepy."

Tony: "That's the secret. You cracked the code. Don't be creepy." Tony slid a little closer and brushed his fingertips over her covered arm and hand.

Rogue: "Ah guess Ah did. Don't tell me that means y' gotta kill me now." Her eyes fell to his fingers and wondered how long she could play this game with him tonight. It had almost become a personal challenge of sorts. "'Cause if y' kill me, who'd be here with you?"

Tony: "Can I kill you? I mean, really? You are... you." Tony gave her a thorough inspection, his face showing his appreciation. "And I don't have powers. That is, after all, why you are the guard of my body."

Rogue: "Ya could," she informed him with a nod. "But, Ah'd hafta be wearin'," she unzipped her top just enough to reach inside and pull out the inhibitor bracelet he'd made for her, "this first." Rogue set it down in the small space between them. "I do more'n just 'guard' y'r body, Tony."

Tony: Tony perked up when things started getting unzipped. His lips twitched as she held up the bracelet and his gaze followed its path to the sofa cushion. "That you do."

Rogue: "Now, tell me, Mr. President... Do y' want me to do more'n guard y' t'night? Or should Ah just put this down as one o' tha many nights we have a drink t'gether an' nothin' else?" Her finger traced the edge of the bracelet where it lay. "'Cause Ah do have a mighty fine suite o' mah own right through tha door over there. An' Ah c'n surely hear a bed callin' mah name, but Ah ain't sure if it's y'rs or if it's mine."

Tony: He snapped the bracelet up and inspected it, pretending to be engrossed. "My suite has a hot tub."

Rogue: "Did y' make that thing waterproof? Gettin' electrocuted ain't exactly mah idea of a turn on..."

Tony: Tony's head slowly turned and his eyebrows lifted. "Of course it's waterproof. Why would I not make it waterproof?"

Rogue: "Water resistant an' water proof are two different things, Tony," she poked her tongue out at him again. "Ain't exactly like Ah've ever done more'n wash mah hands with it on."

Tony: His eyes fell to that tongue and the corner of his mouth curled up. "Don't you trust your president?"

Rogue: "Mah president? Sure. Th' mad inventor he moonlights as? Ain't sure yet." Rogue gave him a slow grin, "Should Ah trust you?"

Tony: "Moonlights?!" Tony's voice actually went up and he dropped his hand on his chest in mock outrage. "I was an inventor long before I was ever president... young lady."

Rogue: It was Rogue's turn to feign outrage, "Young lady? Are y' a cradle robber now, Tony, as well as a moonlightin' inventor?"

Tony: "Are you trying to insult me? That's adorable. I'm really, truly touched." He perked up and sidled over to her, opening the catch on the bracelet. "Bless your heart."

Rogue: "If Ah didn't know any better," she shifted so there was only a hairs breadth between their legs, "Ah'd think you were just tryin' t' insult me. An' that cain't be right... Right?" Rogue hovered her fingertips over his knee in a barely there touch.

Tony: "Right." Tony watched her hand, then caught it, his grip sliding up her forearm to the edge of her glove and his other to her fingertips. He began to tug on the fabric.

Rogue: "Careful..." Rogue's nerve endings were on fire, knowing that this could get very dangerous, very quickly. But on the other hand, her heart was already starting to race in anticipation.

Tony: "I'm always careful," he said with a smirk, pulling at the fingers of the glove until it was loose, then flicking it off.

Rogue: Her eyes followed the path of her glove then flicked up to his face. "Y're toein' th' line 'tween careful an' dangerous, handsome."

Tony: Tony just grinned, studying the bare skin of her wrist, then slid the bracelet over her hand and snapped it closed.

Rogue: And suddenly the fire burning under her skin stopped. The bracelet always made her marvel at its effectiveness and how instantaneous it worked. A slow smile spread on her face. "That's better. This is a handy l'il invention..."

Tony: "Not bad for a moonlighter?" He smirked and touched her bare hand, tracing the bones of her fingers.

Rogue: "Not bad at all." She bit her lip as she watched his fingers touching her bare skin, glad he wasn't in her head, but part of her wondering what it would be like if he was. "Who'd y' make it for t' begin with? Who inspired this?"

Tony: Tony explored the skin of her hand and curled her fingers over his, pulling it up to kiss her knuckles. "It was a joint project, with Sebastian."

Rogue: Rogue's hand tensed at the name and she gave him a forced smile. "Sorry Ah asked." She brought her free hand up to her mouth and tugged her glove off with her teeth. "Let's help me f'rget Ah did?"

Tony: "I assumed you would be." Tony brushed his nose over her fingers, making sure she felt the tickle of his goatee.

Rogue: "You know me better'n Ah ever intended f'r ya to, y'know it?" She shifted to slide a leg over him so she was straddling his lap. "Tony Stark, President, human, mutant supporter, an' breaker o' walls."

Tony: "I do like that. If I was campaigning, it'd go great on a poster." Tony let go of her hand to grip her waist, then let them wander, exploring her curves.

Rogue: "It is too bad y' only have a year left." Her hands ran through his hair, "Whatever will Ah do when y' hafta step down from office?" None of this was part of her job description, she supposed, but it made it more fun since he was her boss. Forbidden romance type of thing.

Tony: "Mm," He closed his eyes briefly at the touch. "You know I'll need protection after I leave office. There's always the secret service, but if you want to pursue other options in the private sector..."

Rogue: "Y' sure ya wanna keep me around?" Rogue gave him a sly grin and ducked her head to murmur in his ear, "Me an' all my Southern charm? Could be very bad f'r y' playboyin' ways." Her teeth lightly grazed his earlobe.

Tony: "You know me. I'm flexible." Tony smiled and shifted his chin slightly toward her voice as his hands found the bottom of her shirt.

Rogue: Rogue smirked and moved to hover her lips over his, "Ah don't think y're th' one who needs t' be flexible t'night."

Tony: "Are you implying I'm not? Because I do try to keep up with pilates at least once a month." Tony tipped his head back against the back of the sofa to return the smirk.

Rogue: Rogue's hands found Tony's tie and slowly undid the knot as she kept his eyes with hers. "Ah'm implyin' that y' won't need y'r pilates trainin' f'r what Ah'm imaginin'." She dropped the tie to the floor and put her hands on his arms, giving his biceps a soft squeeze, "Just these."

Tony: Tony grinned and gave her a flex. "You like those, huh?" He raised a hand to her neck, tracing the collar of her zip-up shirt and teasing the skin just beside it.

Rogue: She tilted her head to expose more skin and closed her eyes to enjoy his touch. "Ah do. That alright with you, Mr. President?" Rogue slid her hands to his chest and slowly started to undo his buttons. "What do you like, Tony?"

Tony: "You are doing just fine." His gaze rose to her face to watch her and he dropped his voice into a low purr. "I do like these..." Tony slowly tugged the zipper of her top down, enjoying the view.

Rogue: "Then Ah should give mah president what he wants..." Once his shirt was unbuttoned and tugged free from his slacks, she pulled her shirt over her head slowly. Rogue shook her hair once she was free of the shirt and smiled down at him.