Avengers: Age of Ultron (The Movie)

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Avengers: Age of Ultron (The Movie)

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So Avengers 2 is finally being revealed...

I like where this is going...

R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron (The Movie)

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

An interesting choice to say the least...

James Spader has just been cast as "Ultron" in the Avengers sequel.

I will say, his character in "The Office" was awesome. Charming and obnoxious simultaneously, the character worked in a time when the series needed something new (desperately). His voice is also pretty great for the role... While his previous acting gigs are not really a great set-up for a super serious robot who tries to take over the world; I'm quite confident the acting pick was great.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

James Spader has aaaalways been creepy, so that's actually a pretty good choice.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Uh-oh... someone tell Freak...

We got Von Strucker...

and it looks like Bettany has got a pay raise as the Vision. I think Newsarama's seemingly ridiculous proposal is going to ring true...Sure RDJ is confirmed for Tony for two more films... but let's be realistic here, what's the possibility he can keep going past 2016.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Now I wonder if it'll be Tony that will make Vision using JARVIS... or will it be Dr Pym. We already had been shown that JARVIS can control the iron suits all by himself. Vision might just be the latest iron suit that he takes over. Same for ULTRON then... hmm...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

steyn wrote:Now I wonder if it'll be Tony that will make Vision using JARVIS... or will it be Dr Pym. We already had been shown that JARVIS can control the iron suits all by himself. Vision might just be the latest iron suit that he takes over. Same for ULTRON then... hmm...
potential spoiler:

Actually, I think ULTRON will taken over all of Tony's suits and all of the Iron Men--and even created a production for reproducing his "children of the tech". As a result Tony will sacrifice himself to save the team. But he will have anticipated this and have placed his consciousness and recollected thoughts as an A.I. in an unawakened Iron Man (not a case, but an actual android) that is not meant to be worn or associated with any of his others...

and he calls it the Vision. As a result Tony's voice is now going to be the guided A.I. instead of Bettany's, and you can still have RDJ in the movies without asking him to cut huge chunks of time away from important endeavors and he can feel free to indulge in the silly that is Avengers as well as his other more serious acting endeavors.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Yeah.... check the cast, vision is played by bettany. His voice is his thing in the movies. I doubt if he will want to be in an android suit in the movie that you cant see or hear him in.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

steyn wrote:Yeah.... check the cast, vision is played by bettany. His voice is his thing in the movies. I doubt if he will want to be in an android suit in the movie that you cant see or hear him in.
That's the best thing about CGI... an android can just be an android, no need to have Bettany on set.