X-Termination

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

X-Termination

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

So it seems AoA Nightcrawler won't die in the last issue of Uncanny X-Force, as shown by this teaser...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=42359

I have no idea what they plan to do with him, but this we do know:
1. AoA Kurt is still alive and BAMFing.
2. There is some friction between Logan and Kurt, probably from the events of UXF.
3. Marvel has bigger plans for Darkholme than I expected.

I am going to pick up the title, regardless. I love the artwork in this teaser. It maintains Nightcrawler's classic facial structure and shows off swords and tail.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: X-Termination

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So very excited!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Our first look at some panels for the first part of "X-Termination"!

We're looking at Astonishing X-Men here.

And yeah... if you recognize who he's working with? That's no bueño.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

More and more excited as the X-Termination approaches!
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I read the AoA X-Termination Prelude.

No idea what the hell is going on. I was so unaware that AoA had gotten that much more complicated since the "Dark Angel" saga or whatever it was from X-Force.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

The prelude to X-Termination really starts in Astonishing X-Men #59 and there is a much nicer Nightcrawler story in it. I recommend picking that one up as well. The last page is also key in discovering what kicks off the event.

I agree with you about the AoA book. There is little lead up to X-Termination, but it sets up the world Nightcrawler wants to return to. A little backstory never hurt anybody...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I read Part 1 and X-Treme X-Men #12.

Wow.

I am liking this crossover event. Way more exciting than "Age of Ultron." I don't even get what the HELL is going on in that.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Yeah, I really like the direction it is going in. I hope this leads to some positive news for us Nightcrawler fans. The fabric of the multiverse hangs in the balance and there are two alternate reality Kurts in the mix. I pray it all ends well.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Read parts 2 and 3.

Being I don't read AoA (at all... like, really... never have read any of it) I have no idea who the hell these Prophet characters and such are. Are they alternate/warped versions of characters we already know? They're obviously powerless humans (thus USELESS in this world, but whatever).

So aside from not knowing who any of the AoA people are, I'm enjoying this event. Immensely. Much more than I was Age of Ultron.
The shifting of artists is a bit overdone, but I suppose every one gets paid and gets to draw different characters so... whatever. That's fine.

The trade for this is most certainly going to be purchased by me.

I will say, if you didn't get to read X-Treme X-Men #12 you're going to be sorely bumbling around in here. That's a better set-up/prologue than the actual "prologue."
Seriously.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Part Four of X-Termination is a good issue.The cover gives away alot, but It is good to see that Kid Nightcrawler is alot like 616 Kurt... That is all...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

To you sir, I simply say:

Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Are you for or against the events if this issue?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm... for. If these events are leading into making Darkholme (OR Wagner) the one-and-only-Kurt in all the multiverse.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Now, we know It is near impossible for there to be only one "Nightcrawler" in the multiverse, but I have to agree with you.

SPOILERs ahead, but I doubt anyone reading this cares...

I do wonder what will happen to everyone from AoA... If their world is going to end up being prison to the evil beings, then are they going to just integrate into our world? Or will they go down with the ship? It does leave room to say that Darkholme will be the "new Nightcrawler", even though I hate to phrase it that way. The death of Waggoner was sad because I genuinely liked the kid, but it goes to show how heroic he is. The scene where Howlett and Darkholme lament Kidcrawler's death is very important to us Nightcrawler fans (or should be) because it shows how true to the essence of our KW the kid really was. Also, we see Darkholme say that he was not lost to corruption and hate; that he still had compassion. It seems as though he is realizing that nothing will change his world, which going to die anyway. Nothing can bring his wife back, and revenge has been had. There is nothing left for him. I think he will attempt to regain his humanity and kindness after this whole ordeal, if he survives it. At the end of part five, he says he can both deliver everyone to 616 and close the interdimensional rift. If he can accomplish this without dying, I say he earns a spot on a good guy team in our universe. Remember, Wolverine joined the X-Men will very rough edges and is now headmaster and on, like, six diffferent teams. It is possible that the reason Astonishing is even involved with this arc is to accept Darkholme onto the team if Northstar is deported... If AoA Kurt dies, it will be a valiant one and will continue the trend that Nightcrawler is a character willing to sacrifice his life for the greater good, regardless of what universe he came from...

I am super excited for Part 6 and to see the fate of Darkholme. Also, I know Kurt Wagner is dead and I think resurrections are cheap, but do you think Nightcrawler as we know him is ever coming back?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Remember, Wolverine joined the X-Men will very rough edges and is now headmaster and on, like, six diffferent teams.
and he's an avenger!

I didn't realize Part 5 was out... I haven't read it apparently...
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Whelp... sorry. I tried to warn for spoilers... It is pretty good...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

It's not your fault, they didn't put the fifth issue in my pull so that's on them not you.

I figured that was what was being set up though. (I knew about Woggoner's death in issue 4 before I even read it).
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Just read the Conclusion. A fitting end, even though I am not pleased with the end... read the last sentence of my long paragraph above to read his fate in a nutshell
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So that was a colossal waste of my fucking time.

is it me, or is Brevoort & Marvel just trying to rub into our noses that Nightcrawler is gone, not coming back, and there's no way to change that?
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

It seems that way... I spent over $100 following these new Nightcrawler wannabes. The only thing this X-Termination is going to exterminate is Nightcrawler fans.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

You realize that they have successfully eradicated every version of Nightcrawler... including Ultimate?

Ultimate Nightcrawler, AoA Nightcrawler, Kid-Crawler, Kurt Wagner, Manga-Crawler, ...

This is getting old. I'm so not happy with them, right now.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I never really read Ultimate, even though I should have... and wait... there was a Manga-Crawler?? Cool.

We have the Bamfs, but that is it. It pisses me off too...

I want to boycott Marvel altogether, but they have some good stuff right now. I am reading Uncanny Avengers, All New X-Men and Deadpool. Honestly, I want to see how things play out. The Deadpool movie depends on whether or not Fox thinks he will sell despite an R rating, so buying that book is important.

Also, I though I'd mention I was reading Uncanny X-Men, but dropped it after issue #2 because the openeing page stated "Poink is the new BAMF". Uummmm... no. Fuck you Marvel. Nightcrawler never needed replaced. I read all of Uncanny X-Force and X-Treme X-Men, along with X-Termination hoping to fill the void of losing Nightcrawler. But instead I am even more disappointed.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Poink?
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

New character explodes pink balls out of his body. Makes the sound "Poink". It's stupid.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

explodes pink balls out of his body
*Erupts into giggles like a 14-year-old boy*