11/6 Instance: Celebration Cake

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

11/6 Instance: Celebration Cake

Post by Slarti »

Timelined the morning after He Is Risen

<Paige> Paige had no difficulty juggling her cake pan and the file of pictures she had gathered. She remebered that when the lady down the street back at, well it wasn't her real home, had lost her husband, she had wanted pictures that other people didn't want anymore. She didn't really remember Bobby aside from knowing that she should remember him. She figured Lorna would have more use for them.

<Paige> Plus, the baby would need pictures of the daddy. She took a deep breath before knocking on the boathouse door.

<Lorna> Lorna practically skipped to the door. Today was a good day and she could see Paige through the window as she came to the door. She opened it quickly, stepping out of the way. "Paige! Come on in, how are you? Dude, is that cake?" Pregnant women loved cake!

<Paige> Paige stood awkwardly at the doorway, shifting her weight from one foot to another. "Hi.... uh... wow... your uh... hair... that is very green." She offered the cake to the lady. She was acting a bit odd for a widow, that was for sure.

<Lorna> "Bobby, get your ass down here, there's cake and I'll eat it all if you don't hurry." Lorna motioned for Paige to follow as she took the cake to their kitchen, grabbing plates for everyone.

<Lorna> "Yeah, I take it you've forgotten my hair still? I'm sure it'll come back."

<Paige> Paige's heart broke for Lorna. "Lorna... I know this is really a hard time for you. I by no means am in any position to judge... but don't you think it's time you accepted that he's gone?" She asked as gently as possible.

<Lorna> Lorna was all ready cutting the cake. "I suppose I should set a piece aside for Jess too." She grabbed an extra plate.

<Paige> And Lorna wasn't paying attention to her. Paige sighed and sank down onto the couch. She blinked a bit. She could remember Bobby on the pink couch in her room. She held her head a bit as memories rushed through her mind. It was like watching a bad home movie in her head as it replayed everything she had lost. It was as the final pieces fell into place that she realized just who it was she had lost.

<Paige> Paige sank her face into her hands as she choked on a sob. Her Bobberz! Her crap buddy. Her cohort in crime! He was gone and it was all Rachel's fault. How could she?!

<Lorna> One piece of cake, two, three, and four. Lorna held out a plate to Paige. "Oh wow, tear time. This isn't time for tear time, Paige."

<Paige> "He's gone!" Paige reminded Lorna. "I remember him and he's gone!"

<Lorna> "Of course, you don't remember." Lorna laughed, of course she didn't. "Bobby is pretty indestructible, Paige. I've ripped him apart before, literally. He's fine."

<Paige> "I remember that... but this is different. I don't think he's coming back this time." Paige sighed and stared at the floor.

<Bobby> Running his hands through his hair, he dried it on the way down the stairs, still humming under his breath. He just could not get that song out of his head. "Dee, where's my Thundercats shirt?"

<Paige> Paige let out a scream. Ghosts were not something she bargained for!

<Bobby> Bobby stopped short and blinked. "Paige?"

<Lorna> "It's in the dryer. I put them in there this morning." Lorna answered back, sliding cake towards him as well. "Yep, Paige, Bobby, Bobby Paige. Told you he's fine."

<Paige> Paige just stared at them. This was all a dream. That was the only explanation. "So when is the dancing lobster going to walk in?"

<Lorna> "...lobsters?"

<Paige> "Well this is clearly a dream. I am waiting for dancing lobsters to confirm it."

<Bobby> "Lobsters?" Bobby was just as confused by everything as Paige, so he looked at Lorna. "Oooo, cake!"

<Lorna> "Yeah, she brought cake! You get to have some 'I'm sorry you were dead' cake!" Lorna still took a swipe at the frosting though, mmm. "No dream so no lobsters, though lobster sounds good."

<Paige> Paige just looked between them, trying to figure out what was going on.

<Bobby> Bobby ran his finger over the icing as well and gave it a long lick, raising his brows and grinning at Lorna.

<Lorna> Lorna quirked an eyebrow back to him before laughing. "He's really fine, I promise, 100 percent not dead."

<Paige> Paige reluctantly moved over to Bobby and poked him.

<Bobby> Laughing, he looked back at Paige, then blinked at the poke. "I'm not dead..." He looked at her more closely. "You okay?"

<Paige> "Bobberz!" Paige pounced on him for a hug.

<Bobby> "Oof!" Bobby started to return the hug, then realized it was really tight... like Paige. Real Paige. He pushed her off to hold her by the arms and ducked his head to look her in the eye. "Paigey?"

<Lorna> Lorna dawned onto Paige being Paige just at the use of 'Bobberz'. "Well hey, that's an extra nice thing...cake for all!"

<Paige> "It's me, Bobberz!" Paige giggled at him. "It's celebration cake now!"

<Bobby> "Paige!" At that, he picked her up in a bear hug and gave her a spin.

<Paige> "Wheeee!!!" Paige giggled more. Finally, everything felt right again.

<Lorna> "So...do I get to join in on this hug time or do I just get more cake?"

<Bobby> Laughing, he set Paige down and brought Lorna into the hug. "Well, we could feed it to each other in hug time," he smirked.

<Paige> "Both!" Paige pulled Lorna into the hug. "You can have my cake." She smiled at her friend. "And I love the green hair still."

<Lorna> Lorna laughed, hugging all around. "Hmm, I like this talk of cake feeding, won't lie." She smirked to her old friend. "My hair's always awesomely coloured."

<Lorna> "It's good to have you back, too, Paige. So, how much do you remember then?"

<Paige> "I'm sooo not staying around for your sexy cake feeding! And I think everything... a lot at least. Some things I wish I didn't."

<Bobby> "God, Paige, I'm kidding... mostly." He grinned and leaned over to give her a kiss on the forehead, then let go of her to slide his arms around Lorna. "Everything, huh?"

<Paige> "Mostly kidding is not alltheway kidding." Paige giggled, pointing out. "I think so?" She offered. "A lot at least, like I said."

<Lorna> "We'll do dirty cake feedings when you're gone, don't worry." Lorna smirked though she was thinking of that can of frosting she was pretty sure they still had. "Good to hear, that was pretty easy on you, huh?"

<Paige> Paige made a face at Lorna. "Not exactly easy... it hurt like the dickens when it all came rushing back."

<Bobby> "Damn, I'm sorry, babe," he said, sitting down on a barstool and pulling Lorna against him.

<Lorna> Lorna slid Paige's piece of cake to her. What better way to help? "Better remembered than forgotten though, yeah?"

<Paige> "Losing my memories was not what I signed up for. Had I known..." She trailed off. "But it's done. And I'm back with the people who really matter now."

<Bobby> "I can't believe you really signed up for that," he sighed. "You were right in that letter. I would have tried to stop you. Anybody would."

<Paige> "They told me it would just be a temporary stay to monitor for side effects. I had no idea."

<Lorna> "But we suppose we don't have to shake our head disapprovingly at you too much, yeah?"

<Bobby> Bobby smirked at Lorna's comment and kissed her temple, playing with her hair.

<Paige> "Kind of a moot point now, anyway." Paige scratched her head a bit, unaware that her powers were back. Chunks of flesh fell from her face revealing various textures underneath.

<Lorna> Eww, peely. "Looks like it'll take a while for everything to settle with your memories and your powers though, huh?"

<Paige> Paige gave Lorna a baffled look. "Hm?" She looked down at the flesh in her hand and let out a scream. Not again!

<Bobby> Oh... that was not pretty. "It's okay," he started.

<Lorna> "Yeah, it's fine. I'll just grab you a bag." Lorna left the hugging area to grab a grocery sack for...sheddings.

<Paige> "And you wonder why I didn't want this?" She struggled to regain control of her power and peeled back to look normal again.

<Bobby> "Paige..." he got up and went to her, sliding his arm around her waist.

<Lorna> "Your powers are fine." Lorna reminded her, returning with the bag. "And they're dead useful, too."

<Paige> "Right.... for beating up psycho ex husbands maybe." She tried to smile.

<Lorna> "Well...yeah, it was definitely good for that."

<Paige> "I'm sorry. You guys are trying to celebrate. I'll let you get back to that."

<Bobby> Bobby kissed her on top of the head and winced when a lock of hair came off, grabbing for it before she saw. "Nooo, it's fine."

<Lorna> "And you're celebrating with us." Lorna reminded her, grinning. "and you' haven't finished your cake at all."

<Paige> "Not much of an appetite after that..."

<Bobby> Gaaaaaah! Bobby stuffed the gob of hair and attached skin into his jean pocket. "But... cake!"

<Lorna> "Come on, don't be like that, yeah?" Lorna was doing her best to ignore Bobby behind her. "It's still happy time."

<Paige> "Well... ok then... I do like cake." Paige relented and took a bite of cake. She gave Bobby a smile, then turned to Lorna. Cake was good.

<Bobby> "Mmm, cake..." Bobby gave Lorna a wincing grin and moved around Paige, disposing of the pocket Paige into the trash.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 11/6 Instance: Celebration Cake

Post by Esynthia »

Yay remembering! Eww Pocket!Paige...
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 11/6 Instance: Celebration Cake

Post by puppygirl »

So much hilarity at the start of this! Poor Paigey, I think this is what killed me the most;
<Bobby> Running his hands through his hair, he dried it on the way down the stairs, still humming under his breath. He just could not get that song out of his head. "Dee, where's my Thundercats shirt?"

<Paige> Paige let out a scream. Ghosts were not something she bargained for!
:*D Great instance guys!
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"