this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: this coffee tastes like ass

Post by Slarti »

Well hey, so do I!

Hope the critter's okay. :)

By this time tomorrow I'll be getting my wisdom teeth sawed/yanked out of my head. Thank God they're knocking me out for it.

To add to the fun, I came down with a cold, but even that didn't deter them. I told the oral surgeon's office about it when I confirmed the appointment and they said as long as I can breathe, they can yank. :eek
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Double posting. While it should be a piece of cake after the hell of labor and a c-section, I'm still really nervous about getting my wisdom teeth out. And now it's less than 12 hours away...

:bawl
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Saturday, one of my good friends broke his leg. Sunday, his five year old daughter passed away.

I'm gutted.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

So, I have this infection in my toe that I went to the doctor for yesterday. They removed the nail and told me it'd likely be sore for the next week or so.

...This morning I smash my foot in the car door. When I get home, one of the dogs steps on it. -_-
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

My dad was physically assaulted today
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

The abscess is starting to grow back on Sargey-bun's chin, so now I have to start squeezing and cleaning it, and on top of that the poor little bugger seems to have picked up ear mites from somewhere too. It's really not his day :(
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Clare: That's terrible! Is he okay, at least? Was he mugged or did someone at a pub want to put their dukes to him? What a stupid world, huh?

Well here's my piece of ass for the day. My room mates are still smelly, fat, miserable idiots, and now it seems the one that doesn't roll out of bed in time to roll her ass into work is possibly getting fired/has already been.(Her job consists of only 20 hours a week of untaxable hours in a state job -- Donovan Dining Hall at the school which we all attend, RIC). (Here is a picture of them on their winter vacation.)

She has, on numerous occasions, proudly told me she didn't go in/told the managers to fuck off when they asked her to do something/laughed in their face when they asked her to do trash. She is of the worst type of person on nearly every level. Any and all kindness she seems to ever share with another human being comes from a place of selfishness, being she desires to show you how much better she is than you by stating how patient she is with your "ignorant" ideals. She is incapable of having a positive conversation with a man for more than 5 minutes and she has really shitty desire to be discriminated against for the sake of being discriminated. So she can say that someone has a problem with her being fat and hairy, because why shouldn't she be.

Finally, it seems life is kicking her back, and she's not taking it very well. While she hasn't come clean to her other roommates (Jaime & I), I did overhear her mentioning (while sobbing) to her girlfriend about her job being threatened. Her work uniform has been on its hangar for 3 days now.

If she can't pay rent, and Crystal can't pay rent, they'll be stunned to discover us having zero sympathy for them. They can move upstairs, we'll have Alisha & Bobby come here, (two of our best friends) and then everything can be right with the world again.

I'm not paying her portion of electric/rent because she was too fucking proud/lazy to get off her ass and go to her god damn job. Which she was hired for. On the good faith that she'd, y'know, show the fuck up.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Neighbour got broken into today (at around lunch time) so, if I wasn't already paranoid about the two suspicious guys I saw outside yesterday I sure as hell would be now! ><

IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Bananas are GROSS!

Also I have 6 hours to write an essay about .... well, nothing.

I'm going to flex my bullshitting muscles.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Left the pub early with the intention of going to the shop to buy milk then go home and nap for a couple of hours before my show. Got to the shop part fine. Then waited for an HOUR for my bus (they're supposed to be every 15mins). This was further compounded by the fact that four other buses that I could have gotten previously went past while I was waiting but now they've moved the stops too far apart to be able to travel between them in time when a bus shows up.

So not only was I sat on my ass for an hour (time in which I could have WALKED home 2 and a half times) I now can't nap before my show, am half frozen AND I got soaked because it started raining when I was on the bus -_-

Soooo pissed.

JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Some guy with a fancy PhD wrote my Tolkien/Beowulf paper! He used the same quotes from the books - I'll forgive him that...but he ALSO used the same sources I did and quoted 5 same quotes from other people. Great minds aside, now I don't have a paper to write! I hope my teacher will let me write mine, and say I agree with most of this other guy's paper. ><
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Girlfriend and I flew off the handle and got really angry at each other over really stupid shit tonight. We're not talking enough about little things and it's building up. I want to be in a relationship with her, but she refuses to talk to me every single time she needs to, (or should), and it results in incidents like tonight's. It's stupid, and it's unnecessary.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

So today turned out to be a total pain in the ass. My mother starts waffling over going to the theme park but we go anyway where she gripes about everything. Of course, this is after a summer of her waffling over using the ticket we bought her for Mother's Day, for the park she buys us passes for every year and always says she wants to go. Oh, and my father conveniently lost the ticket we bought him. I left my damn phone at a show though luckily got it back... however this put us at the park after dark during haunt and my mom bitched about that too. Aaaand while my phone is missing I get a call from Scott's cousin. Her son, whose six months younger than Kiley, is in the hospital with a 105 fever and seizures. Guess what! He could have given it to Kiley at the wedding shower! So we escape, dump off mom and go to Target, where Scott drops a card for work from his wallet and it lodges under a cash register so they have to turn off and move the whooole thing. Everyone was thrilled. We get home and the cat barfed and Kiley crapped in the bathtub.

After all this I said fuckit and went to bed.... and now I'm up with an allergy attack!
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Week before my sppointment and I've come down with a serious case of ick. This is the first time I've been out of bed this week :/ wanna go back to bed, rom's spinning...
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Get well, Scummy, and be sure you keep plenty hydrated!

I can't complain about much, except that a mere few days before I'm scheduled to leave for South Dakota for another mountain climbing adventure, I sprained my wrist. Not badly, mind you, as I can type almost as proficiently as usual, but it is pretty sore and a little puffy.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Situation: You are awaiting a delivery in the mail.

Reality: You wait around all morning messing about and trying to kill time before deciding at 1:30pm that the post isn't coming and going to get dressed and hair washed.

Consequence: You hear the post man knock on the door when you're halfway through washing your hair and hurry to throw something on and open the door before he hurries off to the next job.

Result: You accidentally flash the post man.

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Maybe your mail will come in a more timely fashion now... :toothy
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm going to quit my life and go get a job as a postal worker in your region now.

Also -- House Of Mirth suuuuuucks.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

The day before I'm scheduled to leave for South Dakota for another mountain climbing adventure (which, by the way, is another charity fund raiser), I find out my husband's job may again be in jeopardy because of some incompetent decision-making in DC.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I looked down for ten seconds, looked back up, and the puppy's chewed a hole in the wall his crate his against. -_-
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

My cat died today.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Yesterday, the dog decided to go after a squirrel and about took my arm out of socket. While nothing hurt afterward, I woke up with a sore shoulder and broken blood vessel in my pinky. Okay, cool, whatever... That's something I can work through, seeing as I had to accompany my mother to a meeting and then go shopping for ceiling, lighting, and flooring. It was not a pleasant shopping trip, as they're really dull. While I'm out shopping, boyfriend texts me that the dog has chewed things while we were gone. While not entirely surprising because she's prone to doing so while being alone for long periods, it is still incredibly frustrating... especially when they're my expensive art markers.

She has a run outside, so they put her out for a while. When I got home, I made dinner, ate, and went to let her in. She pulled me over, dragged me a bit, and my glasses broke. Sort of a bigger deal than arm and finger pain because I'm pretty fucking blind without them.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Tired, in one of my bad, bad places, can't sleep and feeling twitchy as hell and twice as gaaaaaaah.

Dealing with a paranoid step-brother who's nearly as jittery as me isn't helping, no matter how much I love him.

Would just like a full night's sleep. Undisturbed. Please?
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

So in one week, my SUV lost its 4 wheel drive, my husband lost a coworker, I lost a patient, our cat died, and then my husband lost his job. I guess the astounding part of this is that we are doing quite well, considering.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

It is NOT OKAY to play loud thumping music at 8f***ingAM. People are SLEEPING. And, fyi, my banging on the ceiling with a broom does NOT mean turn it UP!!! Now I will feel like shit for the rest of the day. Asshole.