9/22 Game: Community

Read our full Game transcripts here!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

9/22 Game: Community

Post by Ferguson »

<Paul> Stepping off of the treadmill, Paul made his way over to the more 'relaxation' side of the recreational facility, grabbing some juice from the drinks bar and leaning against the wall behind the television area. Some people just didn't use this area for what it was for.

<Clarice> The rowing machine was getting a lot of love off Clarice today, her face set in determination she was aiming to break her current record of 200 reps and hit 2-50, so far she was in the 180s.

<Jean> Jean was deep into the program now and she wasn't about to slow down. She'd much rather do this outdoors, but it was starting to get chilly. The bicycle hummed as she pedaled, working her way through a digital landscape. Hill ahead bitches!

<Paige> Paige made her way into the facility with a freshly baked batch of healthy cookies for all the hard working out people. "Goooood Morning everyone! I hope you are all hungry. I made the jam packed with all kinds of goodies to help you get fit!" She smiled and set them down next to the drink bar on a little table.

<Jessica> Jess sat down with a bottle of water and crossed her long legs. She'd been working all morning so now she'd earned a rest and maybe some lunch. She smiled at Paige, "I'll definitely try one of those."

<Johnathon> Johnathon was lying on the couch of the relaxation area, a workout magazine over his face, straining his snoring muscles in a cardiovascular workout also known as "sleeping". He had long gone pro.

<Paige> "Oh I'm so glad to hear that!" Paige smiled at Jessica. "Everyone is so active and hard at work. I just want to help everyone out somehow."

<Adam> Adam wasn't really paying much attention, on a treadmill and trundling along at a light jog. Blond hair tied back out of his face, he was humming a tune different to what was playing and trying to think of an inspiration for his next craft attempt. Mmm. Maybe he could use the pressed flowers for something?

<Paul> "Hello, Mrs. Honey." Paul waved, going for one of the cookies, just one. It might be healthyesque but it was still akin to a junk food being a cookie.

<Clarice> "Thank's Mrs. Honey, but can't stop now," Clarice grunted, "Gonna it my new target! .... Two hundred, bitches! Gotta keep going."

<@Selena> "So you mean I best leave them to those who still need to get fit, no?" Selena tilted her head towards the people working out, suckling on the straw of her milkshake. "Just kidding, I'll try one." She laughed and sat up, taking her legs off the other chair.

<Paige> "Good morning dear!" Paige gasped at Clarice's cursing. "Language, language. Little ears are everywhere you know."

<Scott> Scott came down the stairs from the Mind and Body room, yoga mat tucked under his arm. He grabbed a spare towel to wipe off excess sweat. "Today was a good day for Bikram. Hey, kids, Paige." He nodded at everyone, rolling his shoulders a little. He passed up the cookies for a bottle of water. "Not here, they aren't." He said to Paige.

<Jessica> Jess raised an eyebrow at the 'kids' term. She took a sip of water and got up from her seat to try a cookie.

<Johnathon> "Free cookies? I'll take three!" His face still covered by the mag, Johnathon, having wakened from his slumber, rose a hand, holding out three fingers.

<Clarice> "Mrs. Honey, you know how much my pop cusses at his team?" She grinned savagly, "Blame him for me pickin' up his dirty habbits!"

<Paige> Paige shot Scott a look, but said nothing further. She patted Clarice affectionately. "Of course not, dearest."

<Adam> The voices eventually got through to the daydreaming blond and he let the treadmill slide him backwards before stepping off and stopping it. "Oh hey, Mrs. Honey!" He waved, grinning and bouncing over as energetically as always, taking a cookie. "Oh god, you know how much I love these? You're a star, Paige, a star." He nibbled on it happily.

<Jean> It wasn't so much ignoring as it was focus. Her trainer had told her focus was key, after all. Jean kept pushing and pedaling.

<Johnathon> "Coooooookies!"

<@Selena> Leaning over, she eyed the cookies with a thoughtful gaze, biting the edge of her lip. "Maybe I'll just have a half," Selena said, before turning her head. "Hey, anyone want to share a cookie with me?"

<Paige> "Awwww thank you. I do try to keep everyone happy, after all." Paige took a seat gracefully. She could still remember having to be up early to train for cheerleading all those years ago.

<Jessica> Jess broke her cookie in half and offered the other piece to Selena.

<Paul> "It's a storm." Paul vouced for what Clarice was saying, laughing. "We can hear him on the track and at my house, you know."

<Lucia> The door opened and in walked Lucia with her workout gear on and a water bottle ", half a cookie? I want the whole cookie, please and thank you." She snatched a cookie and beamed at Paige.

<Clarice> "Two ... hundred and twenty," Clarice grunted, "Hell, I can hear him from the far end of the field where we pratice javelin!"

<Paige> Paige giggled a bit. "I use applesauce to sweeten them so it's all natural. No artificial things in my cooking!"

<Paul> "His voice carries on the wind like so many geese." Paul laughed, waving to Lucia as she came in.

<Clarice> "And ... about as musical ... honk hawnk honk!" Clarice snorted a little.

<Johnathon> "Well, darn it." He actually had to get up to get his cookies, what a shame. He walked over to Paige and snatched three cookies, stuffing his face with them.

<Scott> "I think the whole town can hear him," Scott said, finally helping himself to a cookie. "That what I like about you Paige - you know what real cooking is about. No crap. Did you like my sweet potato wedge recipe, by the way?"

<Adam> "Da gets real itchy if I swear. I try not to, unless the cat decides to sit on my flowers or something." He grinned at Clarice. "But it gets the point across, right?" He picked up a bottle of water and took a couple of mouthfuls. "Hey, I nearly managed three miles on the treadmill earlier! Getting there."

<Max> Last stop for the day, Max reminded himself. Not one of his most favourite places in town, but hey, six pizzas at one place gotta mean one hell of a tip. Max untied the pizza bags from his scooter and took the warm boxes out. With boxes in hand he walked into the building.

<Clarice> "Soon you'll be running track with Paul and me," Clarice flashed the poor, scrawny guy a smile.

<Paige> "I sure did! They were a kid with the kids too." Paige smiled back over at Scott. He could be decent after all.

<@Selena> "Oh well, I guess a single cookie won't hurt," Selena said, snatching one. "It's still some time until prom, after all."

<Max> "Uhh, hello? Excuse me, I got six pizzas here for a Mr Buddy?" Max announced seeing that he didn't actually notice anoyne in charge up front.

<Johnathon> "Don't think so...", he managed to get out in between cookie crumps. "I prefer the skipping ropes." He swallowed. "Those cookies are fudging great!"

<Jessica> Jess looked over at the sound of the door opening. Oh God pizza. She picked up another cookie.

<Jean> Cookies? No. She kept peddling.

<Adam> "I hope so! It looks like fun. I'm eating properly and everything now." He demonstrated by finishing one cookie and surruptiously having another. "Pizza?"

<Scott> "Both of you still have yet to defeat my track record - the best in the state," he said to Clarice. It was such fun to pick on the kids. He sauntered over to Jean.

<Paul> "Buddy? Does anyone actually live here with that name?" Paul asked, shaking his head. "And it's going to go down pretty easily soon enough, Scott, you'll see."

<Paige> "Ohhh Prom. That was such a wonderful night!" Paige got a dreamy look in her eyes as she remembered her senior prom.

<Max> Max placed the boxes on a counter. "Uh, yeah, I'm looking for a Mr Buddy? Oh, hang on..." Max fished out the paper. "Yeah, six pizzas for Knowle Buddy."

<Clarice> "We're workin' on it, grease monkey," Pizza and cookies?

<@Selena> "By the way, I wouldn't overdo it with the workout if I were you, Clarice," she told the other girl with a grin. "Unless you're into girls wearing flannel, that is."

<Adam> Adam sniffed at Scott. "Not interested in beating records, I just want to run. I like running!" He smiled, before giving Selena a confused look. "...Why's that?"

<Clarice> No! Record is broken, must make new record! "Hell no, I just want to be able to stuff my face with those cookies when I'm done!"

<Johnathon> Hmmm, pizza. Now, who would he have to steal some pieces off of?

<Scott> "I don't think anybody here ordered pizza, unless it's little miss red, here. She has to have energy if she's gonna pedal this stationary bike right of the gym."

<Paige> Paige blinked. "I don't know of a Knowle Buddy in this town..."

<Jessica> "I think it's a prank..." Jess guessed.

<Adam> "Who's old buddy?" Adam was getting a little confused.

<Clarice> "Knowle Buddy?" Clarice huffed, nearly there, "Think you've been trolled there, man."

<Paul> "Say that carefully to yourself, Max." Paul pointed out. "You'll figure it out eventually."

<Lucia> "Hey, don't stereotype, flannel is super comfy," Lucia nodded and poked Selena in the side. Looking to the door, she gave the pizzas a hungry look ", I could go for some pizza."

<@Selena> "D'uh, how many guys you know have a thing for girls who look like they could twirl them over head?" She gave Adam a look, while twirling one of her black pigtails. "Well, none of the decent guys, anyway."

<Adam> "Yeah, delivering pizza to a gym...now that's harsh." Adam sat on an empty rowing machine to finish his cookie. "I'll totally have one of them, though, I'm hungry - and I don't know, I think Clarice is pretty."

<Jessica> Jess eyed the pizzas too, "Well someone has to have them or they need to go away because they're really tempting."

<Max> "Huh?" Max asked incredibly confused, then read the paper again... several times. It sunk in. "Damn it... Well does anyone want pizzas here?" Now this was a waste of time.

<Paige> Paige wrinkled her nose. "We don't eat processed foods like that. Only pizza we have is hand made from scratch."

<Adam> "If there's a pepperoni-pineapple I am totally claiming it in the name of Adam!"

<Clarice> Clarice just grinned, she had a finely featured face and legs that went on forever, she'd totally have no trouble with guys when it came to that, "Awww, thank you Adam."

<Adam> "Aww, Mrs. Honey...can you be my mom too?" Adam gave Paige big grey eyes as he bounced over to the pizzas to investigate. "And you're welcome! It's true, though."

<Clarice> "If there's a meat feast I'll happily take it off your hands," Clarice volunteered, "2-50! Fuck yeah!" She threw her hands up in triumph. "Next week, 3-0-0."

<Johnathon> "I'll take those!" He made grabby hands at the pizzas. "I fudging love gosh darn pizza!"

<Max> "Well I'm pretty sure these pizzas are hand made.... It's from Luigi's." he thumbed over his shoulder as if everyone knows who or what Luigi's was.

<Paige> "And is it made with all organic ingredients?" Paige inquired of Max.

<Jean> Jean smelled something now... having totally missed the conversation. Pizza? No.

<Scott> "Luigi's is a grease bucket," Scott wrinkled his nose in distaste.

<Clarice> Clarice snorted at the 'organic ingredients', climbing off the machine to do some stretches to cool down.

<Jessica> "I'm going to stand somewhereI can't smell the pizza..." she headed for the door.

<@Selena> "Well, no way I'm touching that." Selene grimaced at the greasy pizza boxes. "I feel like I'm getting acne just looking at it."

<Max> "Well I'm pretty sure all the ingredients were grown... except for the carboard from the boxes." Max looked through the boxes and the names of each on top. "Looks like whoever ordered these ordered like the first six pizzas on the menu."

<Adam> Adam rifled through the pizzas, finding his favourite at the bottom and squeaking happily. He claimed it, scuttling back to his seat before noticing the hard-training redhead. "Hey, do you want some?" He waved a cheesey slice.

<Clarice> "Meat feast is number three, scooooore!" Clarice cheered, "Pass me that delicious bastard."

<Lucia> "Oh my god greasy pizza? Gimme some of that," she made her way over and looked for the greasiest meatiest pizza ", taste the meat, not the heat." She muttered the last part with a wicked grin.

<Paul> Paul couldn't quite resist temptation, ready to steal a slice of the one that Clarice was claiming. "There we are Lucia, knew you'd join us on this."

<Paige> Paige just shook her head and looked to Scott. "How can anyone eat that stuff?"

<Johnathon> He snatched one pizza before anyone else could claim it. "Sweet! Fudging spicy pepperoni salami!"

<Adam> "Ooooh! Was going for my morning run - there's a whole load of early Toad Lilies blooming in a garden on my route! If I ask nicely, do you think they'll let me cut a couple for my project?"

<Jessica> Jess opened the door to the outside for some fresh air that didn't smell of temptation.

<Clarice> "Oooouuugghh, get in my belly," Clarice groaned, picking up a slice and biting into it, "Toad lilies? The 'eff are they?" They didn't sound too attractive to her.

<Jean> Jean was beyond temptation as she had almost reached the peak of the programmed hill.

<@Selena> "How can you guys eat stuff like that;" Selena asked, looking somewhat horrified at the pizza grease binge. "Should I already put 911 on hold?"

<Scott> "No clue. The smell is cloying, though." He went to open some windows and join Jessica by the door.

<Adam> "I mean I already have Russian Sage and Goldenrod - Toad Lilies look kinda like orchids, only they're bigger and have a sort of circular centre." Adam mumbled around his pizza.

<Paul> "No idea." Paul answered Clarice, waving his slice of pizza at Selena. "Sin with us, you'll work it off bouncing, won't you?"

<Clarice> ".. Hehehe, golden rod," Clarice snorted, "Pffft, all this real excersize makes quite the appertite anyway."

<Lucia> "Don't let him fool you, he just wants to see you bounce," was said after a big mouthful of pizza had been swallowed.

<Paul> "There's a reason I always run during your practices." Paul put on a shark-like grin, keeping up appearances.

<Jessica> Jess gave Scott a smile, "There's enough pizza-free air out here for everyone."

<Adam> "Oh ha ha, Clarice, they're flowers." Adam grinned at her, attacking his next slice. Mmmm, greasy heaven. "It does, doesn't it?" He hooked a piece of cheese with a finger. "Hey, if I do make track, you think you and Paul could help?"

<Clarice> "Well I will," Clarice smirked, "Paul would probably just bitch you're slowing him down though."

<@Selena> "Just for the record, my bouncing is a competitive sport," Selena replied, instinctively leaning away from the slice of grease. "And I'd be too worried about some chunks of cholesterol coming lose and clogging my brain should I exercise after having one of those."

<Jean> Finally reaching the apex of the hill, Jean made a noise of triumph and sat up from her hunch over the handlebars. Pedaling slowly for a while, she reached for her water bottle and looked around.

<Scott> "She resurfaces!" Scott said of Jean. "Did you hit your goal?"

<Clarice> "You mean you've got one in that skull of yours?" Clarice waved the pizza slice at the girl as she tried to get away.

<Paul> "She's probably right." He informed Adam, shrugging. It was the truth, after all. He didn't tolerate people slowing him down but bless the guy for trying.

<Jessica> Jess laughed a little at Clarice's question, that had always been her assessment of cheerleaders on tv but she hadn't had much contact with them in real life as it wasn't really a thing in the UK.

<Jean> "Always," she said confidently and let go of the handlebars completely to tuck some stray hair back into her long tail.

<Adam> Adam carried on eating, other hand picking at his tie-dye training shorts. "Oh I know, but I'll only get faster and better with practice - and bitching - right? I just want to actually do stuff now that I don't have to sit out and read."

<Lucia> "Oh Selena dear, I could compete with you," she rounded a look on Clarice ", I'm a straight B student, thank you. Take that for your cheerleader comments."

<Clarice> "Sure you will," Clarice encouraged, "maybe even you'll overtake me, I prefer hurdles to straight running anyways."

<Paul> "That's quite the accomplishment you have there, Lucia. I don't imagine everything about you is a B though, hmm?"

<Jessica> Jess shook her water bottle as she realised she was running low. She sighed, now she was going to have to walk past the pizza to get some more.

<@Selena> "Hey, just because I'm good looking, that doesn't mean I'm lacking in other areas," Selena replied, leaning back in her chair and crossing her arms behind her head. "Some people just are gifted in more ways than one. Such is life; always playing favourites."

<Adam> "Oooooh, straight-B? Wow, Lucia, that is good." Adam grinned, finishing another slice. So said the straight-A guy, but then what else was there to do when you couldn't do anything? "You think so?" He smiled at Clarice. "S'pose I'm skinny enough not to have much air resistance..."

<Paige> Paige sat and munched on one of her cookies as she listened to everyone.

<Scott> Scott decided that maybe another cookie, if there were any left, would be nice, as well as a chat with the only other adult. It was too bad she was married.

<Clarice> The longstanding rivalry between the female atheletes and the cheerleading squad ran deep, "Guess you must just know where the best seats are in all the classes." She finished her slice and licked her fingers clean.

<Paul> "The best seat is my lap."

<Clarice> "Ha! Well yeah, I know that," she winked at Paul.

<Adam> "Best seat's the front, except when people throw things at you."

<Paige> Paige smiled and offered up Scott the last remaining cookie as he approached. "Last one?"

<Jessica> Jess steeled herself and headed to get another bottle of water, dropping her empty one into the trash. "I think I might go back to the studio..."

<Scott> "Thank you." He took it and sat down.

<Paige> "All this youthful energy... makes me glad we're not in school anymore, right?" Paige shot Scott a smile.

<Clarice> "Why? The food's here?"

<Jessica> "Because the room smells of fatty temptation and I want no part of it?"

<Lucia> "You'd just like it if I gave you advice," she winked at Clarice and then smirked at Paul, making her way back for more pizza.

<Jean> The pizza was tempting her now that she'd slowed, but she was only halfway through her program. Honestly, she didn't know how any of these people thought they could compete when they were so easily distracted!

<@Selena> "Obviously, the best place in class is the one with the best view on me." Selena smiled smugly as she shook her pigtails.

<Paul> Oh dear, the girls were getting snarky. Well...hey...what was better than a cat fight? Nothing, right?

<Scott> "No clue what you're talking about, I liked school." Scott bit into the cookie, giving her a wink. "Didn't you?"

<Clarice> "But temptation is delicious?" Clarice suggested, then snorted, "Oh I already know what your advice would be, trust me. It's just I made the atheletic team on pure talent."

<Adam> Adam looked at Selena thoughtfully. "I don't know,would looking at you give me the answer to an unbalanced algebraic equation where the value is variable? Because I kinda got stuck on that one a while back and I could use the help."

<Lucia> "What kind of talent is the question," the look on Lucia's face was catty delight.

<Paige> "I liked the part where I dated cute boys and was the cheerleading captain and prom queen... though I get get bullied a lot if I was ever alone. That part wasn't fun. Oddly enough, all those people left town by now. Much better place."

<Scott> He watched the girls out of the corner of his eye. This could be fun. "At least they're gone now, Paige."

<Paul> "Now ladies." Paul sounded warning but was smirking encouragingly. After all, what guy didn't like a good cat fight? It had to happen now.

<Clarice> "The usual kind, y'know, skill, determination, training, rather then y'know, luck in the genetic lottery and bungee cords under your skirts."

<Jessica> Jess stretched out her limbs again to warm up before returning to the studio.

<Paige> "Of course. I'm just kind of happier with things now versus then. Are you unhappy now?" Paige glanced up at Scott.

<@Selena> "Why, of course it would, Adam," she told him, slightly shaking her head as she smiled. "You'd realize that algebra is pointless and the time is much better spent talking to me."

<Jean> Setting her water bottle back aside, Jean shook her head at the others and buckled back down. There was another hill ahead after all. Always another challenge, another chance.

<Adam> "Algebra is not pointless, and maybe." Though he sounded a little doubtful. "I don't know, what would we talk about? I mean I know we're talking now, but you know what I mean." He flicked hair out of his face and bit into another slice of pizza."

<Jessica> Jess sighed internally, of course they would all rather talk to each other. Most, if not all, of them had been here all their lives. Certainly longer than she had and they knew each other.

<Lucia> "You believe what you want, chickie, you're just jealous of the fact that I fill out my uniform of choice."

<Scott> "Nope. Happy as a clam." He stretched and pulled on a jacket. "I would have preferred to keep my old coaching job, but cars are fascinating. Speaking of -" he was momentarily derailed by Lucia's comment, and his head turned to look.

<@Selena> "Important stuff obviously, silly," she replied, giving a light laugh as she shook her head in fake disbelief. "Like how I manage to make my hair look so fantastic, or where you can take me out for dinner."

<Clarice> "Pffft, jealous? Yeah right, I'm sooooo jealous of you getting to flash your panties at middle aged men every sunday," Clarice rolled her eyes.

<Paige> Paige glanced at where Scott was looking and shook her head. Weren't they a bit... young for Scott? Poor guy. She patted his shoulder a bit. "Maybe we can find you a nice girl to take on a date."

<Jessica> Jess shook her head, taking another sip of water before moving back to the other side of the room where there was a barre.

<Adam> Adam blushed and gave Selena a grin. "Well, where would you like to go?" Oh god, a pretty girl was hitting on him? Oh wow. "I mean I know a great Japanese restuarant, or we could get a Chinese or something...depends what you like, right? And your hair is fantastic, you're right."

<Paul> Paul got up to grab another drink, letting himself enjoy what was a mounting girlfight while not being close enough he would have to intervene. He smirked Jess's direction. "Why are you here all by yourself." Huh, Scott really did have some nice arms...where had that observation come from?

<Scott> "Heh, you're right. There doesn't seem to be many people our age who are free. Unless you know someone? I barely know anybody, being new here."

<Paige> "Hmmmm tell me what you're into. I'll have you somebody in a couple of days no problem!"

<Lucia> "They're not the ones touching, so what do I care? I'm not insecure."

<@Selena> "Do they have other stuff than sushi there," Selena asked. "Because raw fish is totally yucky. Unless it's tuna." She frowned. "Wait, that's no fish, right? Like dolphin."

<Jessica> Jess looked up at Paul, "Are you talking to me?"

<Adam> ...Okay, so her looks made up for lack of brain, right? Adam smiled. "They have lots of awesome food there, not just fish and rice. Vegetables too"

<Paul> Hmm, nice arms and apparently single? That was interesting. "Yeah?" He half asked Jess. Maybe she just didn't like being around people? That'd explain that.

<Clarice> Clarice kept half an eye on Paul chatting to Jess, she hoped she wasn't gonna have to choke a bitch there, "Naaaah, bet you get a kick out of it anyways."

<Jessica> "Well, over here doesn't have pizza. That's the main reason." She started on a few simple ballet excercises to get herself warmed up. "But you all seemed to be having fun without me anyway."

<@Selena> "Oh, that's nice to know; I like vegetables." Selena smiled, leaning forward to rest her chin on her propped up arms. "Fruit, too. Bananas are my favourite."

<Scott> "I like...I don't know. Nice girls. I guess girly girls?" He leaned over toward Paige to whisper. "I think these girls, although nice to look at but aren't my type."

<Adam> "Really? I like them too!" Point. Bring banana next time. "Okay. So...I'll take you out and I'll pay too. You uh...you free ton-" No, he had to finish scrapbooking with his mom. "...Tomorrow night about seven?"

<Paul> "Well, a whole lot of people have fun without you." Paul snarked back, shaking his head. Yep, strange girl who couldn't sit by pizza and apparently had issues with crowds. HIs attention went right back to Scott.

<Paige> Paige giggled at the whisper. "I'll see who I can come up with for you. I know most everyone in town. It'll just take me some time to think." She gave him a reassuring smile and a squeeze on his shoulder.

<Clarice> ... Ooooh, if that bubble head was setting that poor kid up for a mean prank Clarice would bring the pain! Ha! Paul had lost interest in Limey, sweet stuff!

<Jessica> Jess rolled her eyes while her head was down, "I am aware. I didn't feel like butting into a conversation. I wass brought up to consider that rude."

<Lucia> Lucia made a face as if to ask 'what's your point'. "What's your point? Don't like being looked at, little runner girl?" She licked some sauce off her fingers ", that's the sign of deep insecurities."

<Paul> "That's nice." He waved his had dismissively. Why was Mrs. Honey all hanging over Scott? Was there something there? Now that would be an affair nobody would see coming but he couldn't help but see why she'd do it. Wait, he was supposed to be watching the girlfight. Come on, Clarice!

<Clarice> "Wouldn't be in conpetetive sport if I didn't like being looked at," she should really get in there before Paul got distracted by another pretty face, "Tell you what, you let me know when cheerleading is an Olympic sport and I'll take it all back, right precious?" She abandonded her empty pizza box.

<@Selena> Selena put on a thoughtful expression, looking as if she was pondering a difficult math problem. "Yeah, seven is okay. I like seven." She frowned. "No wait, can we do eight? I gotta do my nails tomorrow, and you probably know that's not worth doing if not done right."

<Scott> Scott looked past the bickering girls. Cat fights were considerably less interesting when one was no longer attached to one of the participants. His eye was caught by the girl on the other side of the room - she was doing some interesting movement, similar to yoga poses, but much more dance-like.

<Adam> "...Yes? Eight, eight's good." He smiled at her. Maybe Da would let him borrow his car for a date? "I'll be outside your house for eight tomorrow then."

<@Selena> "Oh yeah, because who doesn't dream of winning a medal for running really fast," Selene tossed in, looking in Lucia and Clarice's direction. "Face it, you're just jealous because we're actual acrobats."

<Adam> ...He had a date. Oh god, an actual date - his mom was going to be so proud!

<Lucia> "Exactly, and that's much much more useful," she watched as her verbal sparring partner got up and left. She frowned a bit, getting up and bouncing over to Paul before Clarice could get there, draping herself over his shoulders ", hey, Pauly."

<Paige> "Indeed, Selena is correct. Cheerleading has more injuries each year than track. It is far more athletic. Sorry."

<Adam> "Have to be fitter for track, though." Adam pointed out. "And really, you can't compare the two, it's two completely different sports and disciplines, so no point fighting over it, right?"

<Clarice> "Running real fast, jumping over hurdles, being able to throw a javeline, rowing a boat, being able to lay out a six-foot-six guy in five seconds ..." Clarice started to list off all the sports she played, she wasn't just a runner ferchristsake!

<Scott> "Hey - runners are plenty athletic."

<@Selena> "Sweet; I can't wait for it. Wear something nice, will you? I'll do, too." She showed Adam a sly smirk, before turning her head to poke out her tongue at Clarice. "See? It's official. We're bendy, and bad-ass."

<Jessica> Jess continued to focus on her warm up rather than how irritated she was.

<Adam> "Of course!" He smiled back at Selena. "Wouldn't dream of being scruffy."

<Paul> Oh, oh! There was an arm on him and there were squishy things with that arm. "Hey, Lucia." it was weird because it wasn't Clarice, he was just used to Clarice, that was it. It wasn't an aversion to anything that Lucia had, as a matter of fact Lucia had some pretty great...things.

<Paige> "Of course you are. It's just silly to downplay anything athletic. Why don't we bash on the chess club or something. Band."

<Adam> "Hey! Don't knock chess club!"

<Clarice> "Oh yeah?" Clarice stuck out a hip and made the 'bring it' gesture, "why don't we step outside to figure out who's the badass here, huh? Or afraid of getting your pretty face smashed in?"

<Max> And Max had just sat back and watched them all while eating one of Knowle Buddy's pizza's. He probably hsould ask them for atleast some money for the food they ate. Or atleast a tip for bringing free pizza. Oh god, the pizzas will probably taken out of his wages. Max ate his pizza more worriedly.

<Clarice> "That would be a career wreacker for you, huh?"

<Scott> "Ladies, please. This isn't a bar."

<Paige> "Girls, there is no need for that." Paige glanced to Scott for help. Why did it fall on the adults to stop children from being silly?

<Lucia> She smiled playfully at Paul and ignored Clarice. It was on ", wanna go study for the science test on Monday?"

<Adam> "Hey...Selena, what flowers do you like?" He suddenly asked the girl.

<Johnathon_> Johnathon sat next to Max, sharing the pizza and the show.

<Jessica> Jess paused and looked up as things seemed to escalate rather quickly there. "Is that really necessary?"

<Clarice> "Hell yeah," Clarice told Jess, "don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk, ike Pop always says."

<@Selena> "Ms. Honey is right," Selena said, wagging her head. "Why don't you go... wrestle a moose or something? I don't need to solve my problems with violence, you know?"

<Paul> Oh shit, he had gotten to where he had been trying to avoid all this time. He was ground zero for the cat fight. Did that mean he was the prize. "Well...I could...um" Oh god, Clarice lived attached to his house. She might kill him if he said yes but...wasn't he supposed to in this situation. There was...squishy things involved! "I could use some studying."

<Paige> "You are both extremely athletic and talented. There really shouldn't be a contest between you. You are both wonderful!"

<Clarice> "Pussssssssy," Clarice snorted, she knew the girl wouldn't have the balls to back it up ... oh hell no was that bitch moving in on Paul!

<Jessica> "Violence should never be an option." She shook her head.

<Lucia> She eyed Clarice and smirked ", studying would be wonderful. Come along, Pauly, gotta maintain that B."

<@Selena> Selena gave Paige a puzzled look, a frown furrowing her brow. "Ms. Honey, with what did you make those cookies, if I may ask?"

<Adam> Adam finished his pizza, watching the catfight. Yeah, he wasn't getting involved, he was scrawny and the weird kid. Who'd just landed a date with a cheerleader, but still, he wasn't going to risk it.

<Paige> "An oven?" Paige offered, baffled.

<Clarice> Clarice shot Paul a familiar look, it read, 'Do it, and you're a dead man', he was soooo much better then those bubbleheaded sluts!

<Jessica> "Obviously there was something in the pizza. I'm glad I didn't give in."

<@Selena> "No, I mean, like, ingredients," she explained. "You didn't take anything from the student's fridge, did you?"

<Paige> "It's all that grease and preservatives! They make you crazy!"

<Paul> How had this happened? He didn't even know how this happened but here he was between...well, not exactly a rock and a hard place but it was sort of relevant, right?

<Scott> "Should we intervene? He looks a bit...stuck."

<Clarice> "Paul and I were gonna hit the track after this," she told the dark haird girl, "we can all study later, right?"

<@Selena> "I think she's right about those cookies being all natural," Selene whispered at the others around her. "Organic? If you ask me, these are home grown."

<Adam> "Hey, we do anything and it'll just come out worse later." He put the box aside, waving a hand. "Leave them to it. I'm going back on treadmill for another mile."

<Lucia> "Hmmmm oh yeah? Well maybe another time then," she smirked and patted Paul's cheek, stepping away and heading over to Selena, whispering ", she's soooo easy to wind up."

<Paul> "Um, right. Yeah, study later." Damnit what had just happened? Women were confusing and Paul just didn't understand.

<@Selena> "That's what makes it fun," Selena replied under her breath, a devious smirk on her face as she looked in Clarice's direction.

<Clarice> Clarice shook her head at Paul, "Do not get involved with those horsebeasts," she hissed at him, "they're walking STI farms cross-bred with vampire bats!"

<Adam> Adam got up and stretched, happily humming to himself as he stepped onto a treadmill, starting it at a slow walk - after all, he'd just eaten. A date, an actual date...should he dress smart and come with roses or was that too much for a first date? Smart-casual and carnations, maybe?

<Paul> "it's just Selena and Lucia, we've known them for ages, Clarice." There was something about estrogen that obviously made them all crazy. "But you don't have to worry."

<@Selena> "It's such a shame, though," she added, cocking her head. "With a bit more class and some make up, she might actually have made the squad. I guess all that workout must be one way to vent the frustration of knowing you're just not cut out for the best."

<Jessica> Jess sighed and put some music on quietly so that she could practice some actual dance moves now and maybe block out all the stupid.

<Lucia> Turning to look back at Clarice, she smirked ", probably. Shame really. But I guess someone has to make us look as good as we do."

<Clarice> "Yes, but now they are the enemy," Clarice intoned, "'cos I refused to join the squad, it's just more fun to play football then it is to wave pompoms!"

<Scott> Scott shook his head and decided to hop on a treadmill too - he had a couple hours before he had to be at work. He idly wondered if he could beat his record again. One way to find out - he started a basic warm up routine.

<Adam> It didn't even occur to him, as he started daydreaming again, that he might be being set up for a prank. He'd never been on a date, always the weird kid and the one who'd had to sit out track, so having one of the cheerleaders agree to a date...!

<Paul> "The enemy?" Paul frowned. He was supposed to like cheerleaders, wasn't he? Clarice had been his friend for ages though. Damnit!

<Clarice> "They wear pink, Paul, barbie pink, that colour in intristically evil."

<Paul> "You told me my pink shirt was okay if I wore it ironically, though."

<Paige> "Ew pink." Paige made a face.

<Paul> Wait...what did that say about him?

<Clarice> "It's not barbie pink, it's that shade that's the killer."

<Jessica> "You never took ballet as a child, did you?" Jess asked, looking over at Clarice.

<Clarice> "Hell no! Get me doing that frou-frou stuff, my Pop wouldda had a heart attack! I played little league soccer."

<Jessica> Jess wrinkled her nose, "Each to their own I suppose."

<Scott> Oh god, they were yammering about pink. He was so glad he'd left all that behind him. Since his treadmill was close enough to where Jessica was, he heard her question. Ah - she was doing ballet. Interesting.

<Clarice> "You're a brit though, arn't ya? You got the accent, thought they loved soccer over there?"

<Paul> Oh, hey, Scott was running now. Huh. Paul lost the beat of the conversation for a while, just observing for a moment.

<Jessica> "Over there we call it 'football'." She pointed out, "And not everyone likes it or likes to play it rather than watch it." She put a hand on the barre and went up enpointe so she could practice more complex moves.

<Clarice> Clarice goggled ... how could anyone NOT love sport?

<Adam> Adam switched the mill slightly faster, humming again. Casual. Hmm...flowers might have to wait, unless he could find something suitable...might be a bit much for first date. But definitely not tie-dye. Blue jeans and black shirt with his long-sleeved tee underneath? Wasn't like he didn't always cover his arms anyway...

<Paul> Wait, damnit! He shouldn't be looking. Not there anyway. He forced his eyes back towards more appropriate targets. Ahh, cheerleaders.

<Clarice> Clarice saw where he was looking and groaned, "Are you seriously that shallow?"

<Paul> "Whaaaat?" Paul couldn't defend himself.

<Clarice> Clarice rolled her eyes and gave him a gentle prod in the side.

<@Selena> "Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" Selene planted her hands on her hips. "Just because we're shaking out pom poms doesn't mean we don't have depth."

<Paul> He sighed, poking back and smiling. Maybe he should just look at the ceiling or something.

<@Selena> "Besides, Paul here is just showing that he has good taste." She shrugged. "Nothing wrong with that."

<Clarice> Clarice squeaked at the poke, flailing, curse her tickishness!

<Jessica> As the music sped up, so did her movements, she moved out into the floorspace to allow her more room.

<Paul> Were dancers safe? He could just be watching the actual dancing surely.

<Lucia> "Oh poor Paul over there is soooo under Clarice's thumb. She practically foams if he looks at anything else."

<Clarice> "Are you kidding, I'm just don't wanna have to go to the clinic with him afterwards," she shot back.

<@Selena> "That's because she knows he won't give her a second look once he's seen that girls can have, you know, actual curves." Selena inspected her fingernails.

<Clarice> Clarice looked Selene up and down, she was almost as skinny as her after all, "Soooo ... guess no one looks at you then as well?"

<Lucia> Lucia raised an eyebrow and looked at Selena ", didn't you just get a date, Selena?"

<Clarice> "Yep she did, so that argument she just used is pretty flawed, wouldn't you say?"

<Adam> "...Wonder if Mom'll let me get a rabbit..."

<Paul> Paul kept his mouth shut, not sure if he should point out that actually would mean both of their insults were flawed.

<@Selena> "Oh yeah, she has seen it with her own eyes," Selena commented. "And I got it like so." She snapped her fingers.

<Paige> Paige marveled at Jess dancing, noting her skill level. She caught a glimpse of memory of herself doing those moves. She quickly pushed that thought aside. It felt odd, but it was probably just a cheerleading practice.

<Clarice> ... Clearly Selena had funny ideas about what 'curves' actually were.

<Paul> "Okay. Maybe we should just head on home?" He suggested to Clarice. Maybe taking temptation away would make things better.

<Adam> Adam wasn't entirely aware of the conversations around him, simply running and daydreaming. Idly he wondered if he should wear the PVC, before frowning. He didn't own PVC. Eh, this was why he shouldn't try thinking about his crafts and his date at the same time.

<Scott> He looked up as he got a stride going. Jessica was quite good, good enough to be on stages in Italy or London. Now there was an odd thought. he said to himself. He watched her dance, wondering if it was a choreographed thing. He'd have to rent that weird movie with the girl who'd been that princess in Star Wars.

<@Selena> "Yeah, maybe you should," Selene tossed in, before turning to Lucia. "Hey, want to go through my wardrobe with me? If I don't have anything good to wear tomorrow, we should know in time, so we can head to the store. Actually, I think we should do that anyway."

<Lucia> "That, sounds like a fabulous idea," she picked up on more piece of pizza ", both are fabulous ideas."

<@Selena> "No, we are fabulous, my dear," Selena replied, a sly smirk on her lips.

<Jessica> Jess stopped when her music did, out of breath but otherwise quite pleased.

<Clarice> "Yeah, we need to hit the track anyways," Clarice nodded, "wanna head to te pool afters to cool off?"

<Paul> "That sounds like a good idea." Paul agreed, leading her on outside though glancing back at a few choice scenes.

<Clarice> Clarice followed his lead, thinking. She'd have to get a move on before those horsebeasts got thier claws into him just to spite her.

<Adam> Adam sent a shy look at Selena as he upped the running speed on the mill, before smiling to himself. Did this mean he technically had a girlfriend? Whoa...don't get ahead of yourself. He took a deep breath, concentrating instead on his running.