Summer 2015: Jack

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Summer 2015: Jack

Post by steyn »

“So how are you? Had any good gigs? How’s Simon doing?” Jack's father, Michael, asked.

“I’m good,” Jack replied, “Simon, last I heard he’s good as well, and as for gigs, well, I kind of had to put magic aside for a while.”

“What? Don’t tell me you’re flipping burgers for money.”

“Hell no, besides, I don’ think I’ll ever get a job in the fast paced world of fast food franchises. Health hazard.” Jack said, plucking at his forearm and sprinkling the couple of hairs that came out on the table.

"Okay, then what are you doing then?"

"I'm... I'm a student. I'm at college." Jack said sitting back.

"Yeah?"

"Yup, I am a full fledged student at a real college and everything. Homework, dormrooms, the works."

"Huh, how about that. How'd you get yourself into a college? I mean, how are you paying for it?" Michael asked.

"That's the best bit, it's all paid for. It's this special school for mutants. Basically it's a free ride just because I look like a rabbit."

Michael cringed. "Really? Sounds like a bunch of bull to me. Too good to be true."

"I know, and I was skeptical as well, but it's all true." Jack leaned closer, "You know those superheroes going around in tights?"

"Those, err... Mutant Men?"

"X-Men."

"Yeah, same thing, that's them? You're going to school with them? Hang on, aren't they in New York?"

Jack nodded.

"You're going to school in New York?"

"Yeah. And it's not as bad as people make it out. Only half of the places I went to in the city smelled like urine. Plus people go out of their way to ignore me. Like they try on purpose not to acknowledge the existence of a passerby, doesn't matter how they look."

"That sound... good?"

"It's a.. yeah, it's great." Jack said, nodding. And then it happened, the awkward silence of not knowing what else to say. The 31 seconds of silence felt like hours while all the other families and friends of the inmates kept talking around them.

"So, college life..." Michael said, "Enjoying it?"

"Yup, fun. Homework, booze, girls, guys." Jack answered.

Michael wasn't a stranger to Jack's exploits, however deep down he kind of hoped Jack would end up with a nice girl, mostly because a lovely assistant looks better when it's a girl. "Met any girl that's special?" Michael asked hopefully.

"Special... like... love special or tie a knot into cherry stem with her tongue special?"

Michael gave Jack a look, and Jack shrugged.

"Look, Dad, I don't actually go out and look for a girl I can date."

"I know, you just go to bars to pick up girls."

"No, I go to bars to make money from drunks. The picking up part just happens."

"Do you at least remember these poor girls' names?" Michael asked.

"Uhm..."

"Jesus Jack,"

"I'm joking. Of course I know their names. I keep them all on my phone. Look, here," Jack said unlocking his cellphone and flicking through the diary, "Yeah, okay, see here, saturday, Kristy, with a K, she was very clear on that, because her sister Christy with a C was sitting next to her... and here, look, here on Sunday it's... oh, Christy with a C."

"SIsters? Really? Over the weekend you slept with two sisters?"

"Not together, that would have been weird."

"Oh great, my son the puritan has atleast some lines he won't cross." Michael said, then saw the look on Jack's face. He squinted and Jack caved, cringing as he flicked one page further to monday on his phone's diary.

"Kristy and Christy."

"For goodness sakes, Jack, you have a real problem, you know that, don't you?"

"No I don't. If it wasn't me, it would have been some other guy with them. Atleast I use protection."

"It's like a traffic accident, I just can't stop looking for the severed head in all of this." Michael lowered his voice so that he didn't have the other families overhear the dirty laundry. "Jack, be honest with me, do you really want to go through life slutting away with no inhibitions? You need to control yourself."

"Dad, it's not that bad, I just get lucky with people, that's all."

"No, son, no you don't, you whore yourself out and think you're the one sleeping with them. Jack, you're the village bicycle, you're the one being used here."

Jack cringed some more, "Dad, it's not that bad."

"Really? When last have you gone for... " Michael lowered his voice, "When last have you gone to a hospital to check if you haven't caught something?"

"I got checked last week."

"And before that?"

"The... the previous week?"

"Testing for VD isn't supposed to be on a weekly basis."

"Hey, I went a week later because the con.." it was Jack's turn to lower his voice, "Because the condom broke."

"The condom broke? Do you know what the chances are that a condom breaks?"

"Depends on the situation I guess. I mean, if you're in a hurry and you use your teeth to tear open the packet because your one hand is busy, things kind of gets brittle... I guess."

Michael rubbed his face. "Okay, I don't want to argue with you, not now, not like this. Just... Just be careful, it's all I'm asking, Jack."

"Yeah, whatever."

"Don't whatever me."

"Easy for you to say be careful. When last have you been careful, because you sure as hell weren't careful when they caught you."

"I made a mistake, I know." Michael plainly said. It was an old argument, and Michael didn't want to bring it up again. The awkward silence re-emerged.

"Have you spoken to your mother lately?"

Jack just shook his head.

"She's expecting your call." Michael said.

"I know."

"When are you going to call her then?"

Jack scratched his head, "I don't know."

Michael sighed, "Jack, you need to speak with her, you need to stay in contact with her, she'll just worsen of you don't. You're the only thing she holds on to."

"Dad, it's hard to keep Mom from going crazy when she already is."

"I know, just please. It kills me to think she'll die alone like that."

"Then you should have stayed with her."

"Yes, I should have, but I didn't, and there's nothing I can do to change things, but atleast you can still be her lifeline, Jack."

"Dad, I can't, I can't do it anymore, do you know what she told me last time I spoke with her?"

Michael took a breath, "...that the de-"

"That the demon has to be defeated. And we both know what the hell that means. She still thinks this," Jack gestured to himself, "She thinks this is all caused by some demon that can be defeated if we pray really really hard, and shove a knife into my heart. I really don't mind the praying part, but I draw a fucking line at the knife."

"Jack, don't swear."

"...sorry."

The silence fell for a last time between them. The sound rang that visiting hours were over and guests had to leave. As Jack got up, he felt his dad's hand on his, then looked down at his father's face. Jack gave a exhausted breath, and nodded, "I'll phone her tomorrow. The.. the place doesn't like phone calls during evenings. I'll phone her tomorrow morning."

"Thank you. Love you, Jack."

Jack rubbed one of his floppy long ears, then finally said, "Love you too, dad." Jack felt his hand being squeezed, before his dad let go and stood up and walked back to where the prisoners went, leaving Jack standing by himself alone.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: Summer 2015: Jack

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

... Jack is a giant rabbit visiting his dad in a prison. I can't help but picturing the dad from Arrested Development in this. And thus the seriousness instantly goes away
"They're not tricks dad they're illusions! Tricks are what whores do for money!"
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

To tell you the truth, Arrested Developement did cross my mind when I was typing this.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Wow, at least crazy and in prison are a llamatic change-up from 'my parents are deeeead!!'
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Jack the sacrificial bunny in the exorcism? Nice

and I also need to adopt 'llamatic'
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

<@Jack> Jack dropped his bag on the bed, scratched his head and sighed as he started unpacking his things back into the drawers and closet. He felt a little rundown, but apparently that's normal for anyone flying economy. Next time he goes to vegas, he'll try and invite people along, preferably someone who can fly the school's jet.

<Melati> One of the best things about summer break - aside from the fact no one required you to sit in classes for several hours each day - was the generally lower teacher-density around the mansion. Naturally, there was no way Melati could excuse herself for passing up such an opportunity, so she kicked off her scooter and zoomed down the hallways in a zig-zag course.

<Melati> She could have sworn that one door in the boy's wing had been closed during her previous rounds, and she leaned back and turned her head to peek into the room as she rushed by. "Hey, Jack!" And she was gone again. Even though she didn't get far. The distraction was enough to steer her into the nearest column.

<@Jack> Jack turn to the crashing outside his room. Outside in the corridor his head peeked out from the doorway, and he saw Mel hugging the floor with her scooter. "That looks dangerous. I mean fun." he said.

<Melati> "One and the same to me," she replied, still on the floor as she tilted her head back to look at the rabbit-eared head in the doorway. "When did you get back?" She got to her feet and picked up the scooter, turning it around to roll back to Jack's room.

<@Jack> Jack checked his new pocket watch. Yes, he had a pocket watch. It somehow just completed the imagery of him as a bunny. Normal watches just hurt his furry wrists. "About 5 minutes ago." he said, half showing off the new watch.

<Melati> "I see you brought loot," Mel commented, nodding in the direction of the watch with a small smile on her face. "Guess that means your trip went well, eh?"

<@Jack> "I have trinkets galore." Jack replied with a grin. "Hey, hey kid, wanna come see something cool in my room? But you gotta promise me you won't tell anyone about it, it's our secret." he said, looking rather creepy.

<Melati> "Oooh, can I see, Mr. Bunny-Man?" Melati's voice was over-the-top childish and she clapped her hands excitedly. "I promise not to tell anyone!" She cocked her head, hooked a finger into the edge of her lower lip, and grinned. "Is it what I think it is? But that wouldn't be a secret then, Mr. Bunny-Man! I know you showed it to all the other girls in school, too!"

<@Jack> "Oh no, deary no, it's not that, it's something very special. Something just for you." Jack said, as he made room for Mel to pass into his room, then closed the door. "Very special." he locked the door.

<Melati> "Now I expect that bag either to be chock full of experimental drugs, or holding the tools required to dismember my body once you brained me," Melati remarked, looking from the door to the bed and back at Jack again.

<@Jack> "Unfortunately no on both accounts." Jack said, then stepped back to his bag, turning it upside down and poured the the contents on hte bed. He rummaged through the dirty luandry and got a couple of packs of playing cards. "Umm.." he said as he looked through them, "Ah, here, this one's yours." Jack said, holding up one of the packs to Mel.

<Melati> "Wait, did you say both!?" Melati squinted as she gave Jack a doubtful look, before attention shifted to the small package he held in his hand. "What's this? Ooh, are these vintage Vegas playing cards? Sweeeeet!"

<@Jack> "Vintage, yes, buuut not casiono style cards. Open it up and you'll see." Jack said with a grin, while he was opening up another pack that he kept for himself.

<Melati> Arching an eyebrow at the black rabbit boy, she grabbed the offered pack and flipped the lid open, slicing the wrapping with a claw. "Well, let's see..." She turned the deck of cards around and shifted through the stack. "Oh, nice..." A smirk appeared on Mel's lips. "Kinky."

<@Jack> "Very," he said back, and then started to shuffle his cards. "I really like the queen hearts and the jack of clubs in that pack." he told her.

<Melati> "Ooh, I can see why." She grinned, having shuffled to the cards he mentioned. "Aww, you really know what I like. It's so nice to see some people still put some effort into picking gifts they know people will like."

<@Jack> "Im glad you like it. Now, I'm going to be a little bit of a bastard here, but I'm keeping the best pack for myself, mostly because I couldn't find another pack of'em at the store. They were out of stock. But here is a small teaser of these." Jack said, showing one of the cards to Mel. One of the more... tamer ones.

<@Melati> "Sweet," Mel said, leaning close to take a peek at the card he revealed. "Is that...?" She tilted her head to view the picture from a different angle. "Dude, not even I thought that something like that was possible."

<Jack> "I know, right? Here, lemme give you one more teaser....." Jack said, looking through the cards again. This one, still just as tame as the previous one... and still something of an intriguing shocker. "Look at it. Just keep looking until you see it."

<@Melati> "I don't know what you mean, looks like normal guy on girl action to me holycrapsuddenlymidgets!" Her eyebrows were pulled up as she stared at the picture with wide eyes. "You know, I'm not surprised those were sold out. Pretty sure the cops raided the place that made them right after the first batch hit the streets."

<Jack> Jack was snickering, "Yeah, and now I'm making you an offer you'll most doubtedly not refuse. You can look at these cards only if we play a strip game. We can settle on what hte final winner and loser get near the end. Those are my terms."

<@Melati> She gave him a look in return. "You know there's pretty much no way I'd pass on such a challenge, don't you?" Mel chuckled and let herself flop down on Jack's bed. "Alright, since you seem so eager to make me an offer I can't refuse, what are the stakes going to be?"

<Jack> "I haven't thought that far yet, I was just came up with the stuff here on the spot." Jack said, sliding the card back into the pack and shuffling it as he thought. "Well there's the normal old boring loser becomes the winner's slave for a week."

<@Melati> "Been there, done that, got the t-shirt," Mel replied, lying back on the bed, propped up on her elbows. "How about something a little more substantial? Rounds of betting, just like a normal game of poker. The ante is a piece of clothing, but you can raise the stakes by wagering favours."

<@Melati> She smirked. "We might need a piece of paper to keep track of what we end up owing each other."

<Jack> "Ah, got ya covered there." Jack said, going to the nightstand and pulling out a notebook and a pen. "Dream journal, works wonders when wanting to remember what I dreamt." he said putting the notpad on the bed, then started to rake his dirty laundry on to the floor to get more space to sit down.

<@Melati> "Let me guess, the stuff we're going to track will fit right in whit what you usually dream about at night." She grinned, shifting to the side to give the rabbit boy some space to get comfortable himself.

<Jack> "Yeah, some of it, other of it as just weird dreams. Still involves naughtiness, but weird kind of naughtiness." Jack said, flippingo pen the notebook and showing a page to Melati. "Like this one.... which involved a trucker named Robby and his pet ant on an airplane."

<@Melati> "Don't know, sounds like the perfect pitch for a webcomic to me," Mel remarked and laughed. "So, how do we wanna do that? I say we pick one piece of clothing for each hand we play. That's going to be our ante. You raise by putting a favour of your choice into the pot, and the other has to call it by offering something similar, or go for a raise instead."

<Jack> "Ha, sounds like you've done this before," Jack said, flipping the notepad around to start from the back. "We don't count jewellery, and socks count as one item of clothing."

<@Melati> "Righto." She gave Jack and herself a quick once over. "Seems like we have about the same number of pieces on, so we should be good. So let's shuffle."

<Jack> "Rightio," he said, first quickly getting the jokers out of the pack and putting htem face down on the nightstand incase someone accidentally sees them and has a heartattack, He shuffled the cards and dealt them out.

<@Melati> Melati picked reached for her hand of card and took a quick peek at them. "Oh, we should probably decide what we'll start with? How about shoes, as a warm up before we come to the good bits?"

<Jack> "Shoes it is then, and... um..." Jack said, looking at his cards.... and then really looking at his cards. "Sorry, yeah, so okay, shoes for the game, let's start with bets then. I'll pay for a drink, not a bottle, just a drink." he said, writing it down under his name.

<@Melati> "A drink? Someone clearly isn't feeling that confident about his cards." She grinned. "I call your drink and raise it to a bottle."

<Jack> "Fine, I'l see your bottle." Jack said, changing his bet to a bottle and then counting three cards and putting them on the bed. Three cards, each with most amazing imagery known to man on them> Jack stared at them for a moment, "I think I'll raise my bet. Make it a bottle and cab fare."

<Jack> ***"Fine, I'l see your bottle." Jack said, and then counted three cards and pplaced them on the bed. Three cards, each with most amazing imagery known to man on them. Jack stared at the cards for a moment, "Bet cab fare from the bar back to the school."

<@Melati> "Hm, did you say something?" Mel reluctantly tore her gaze away from the cards lying open on the bed, blinking up at Jack. "Oooh, sure you don't want to be careful with that? Better say which bar, or I might pick one in Seattle." She chuckled, glimpsing at her own cards again. "Fine, I'll just see your cab fare. Flip up another one."

<Jack> Jack flipped over the next card. "Whoa... don't think the SPCA would appreciate that diamonds." Jack mentioned. "Um, I think... I'll put down one embarassing karaoke song."

<@Melati> "Feeling brazen, aren't we?" She smirked at Jack, before leaning over to take a closer look at the card that had been flipped over. "I'd feel offended if they did that with a lizard. Anyway, you know I'm not ashamed to sing loudly and badly, so put that down in your book and give us the final card already."

<Jack> Jack flipped over. He squinted looking at it for a moment then jerked at realization. "Gah, that's nasty.... or hot... I can't figure out which." he looked back at his hand and at the cards on the bed. He was hoping this last card would give him three of a kind. "Bet you kitchen duty for a day."

<@Melati> "Hey, I like to cook, so I see your kitchen duty, and raise you a van washing duty," Mel replied, waiting for a Jack's reaction with a faint smirk on her lips. The final card had finally completed her flush of hearts.

<Jack> Jack was unconsciously biting his lower lip. He probably should have just folded. "You know kitchen duty is also washing up afterwards." Jack said, "Think I'll see your van wash and raise it with pool cleaning as well."

<@Melati> Mel arched an eyebrow, fixing Jack with a long look. She knew there was a chance he might have a flush himself, but holding the queen of hearts herself, hers would most likely still be higher. "You know it's going to be tricky to bluff a girl who generally doesn't give a shit whether she wins or loses, right? Deal." She flipped her cards open.

<Jack> "...fuck, was hopin you'd fold. Or atleast have a worse hand then me." He said, showing the pair of aces. "Well, I think we got everything straightened out," he added as he kicked off his shoes, "think things would go quicker now... do we keep what we win?" he asked, thumbing towards his shoes on the floor.

<@Melati> "Sure, they would fit me anyway." Mel laughed, picking up the cards and handing them back to Jack. "Why don't we raise the stakes and go for something a little more interesting this round? Play for shirts this time?"

<Jack> "Damn, I liked those shoes. Oh well, was abotu time I got myself a new pair anyway." Jakc said as he shuffled hte cards a little and handed the pack to Mel. "Shirts it is then. Besides, I'm not much of a sock man anyhow." he wiggled his toes.

<@Melati> "Neither am I, for obvious reasons," she replied, sitting up to shuffle the cards. "Probably couldn't even put them on without tearing holes in them." She dealt the both of them two face-down cards and put the stack down. "Right, your turn to start betting."

<Jack> Jack looked at his cards and then wrote down, "One bottle of tequila. So how was your summer, went anywhere fun?" Jack asked.

<@Melati> "Yeah, Sue and Johnny asked me to tag along and spend some time at their home, so I did that," Mel replied, taking a peek at her own cards. "Curt and Hope were there, too. Was pretty fun, though I guess Hope might still be a little upset we turned her into a float and sent her down the river."

<@Melati> She nodded. "Tequila is always a good choice, so I'll call that." Then she flipped over the first open cards, comparing them with her hand.

<Jack> Jack smirked, "I bet... one subject's homework." he said, eyeing the picture which had a rather interesting image of nakedness in bondage.

<@Melati> Melati laughed. "You hope to gain anything by letting me make your homework? You're an optimist." None of the cards lying open really matched the ones in her hand, but she kept her expression neutral. "Sure, why not, but let's raise that by taking the blame for any one prank played on a teacher."

<Jack> "Fine by me," Jack agreed. "But only if the prank doesn't end up breaking bones or disfiguring body parts." Jack eyed his cards again while Mel turned the next one. "Garden duty for a day." he bet.

<@Melati> "Pulling weeds? That's all?" Mel frowned at Jack, before casting a fleeting glance at the revealed card. Maybe she should just fold, but that would mean giving up her shirt without a fight. "I raise you a cheerleading performance during gym."

<Jack> "Wooow, jumping around with pompoms," Jack mocked, "I would look fantastic." he said. The next card came around. "Oh my god. That's so weird." he leaned closer to get a better look of the picture on the card.

<@Melati> Mel cocked her head and looked at the final card of this round. "Don't know, who am I to tell people how they should enjoy their seafood? And jellyfish need love too, you know?" She tapped a finger on the bed. "Anyway, stop stalling, what's your bet?"

<Jack> "Okay okay, hm... Yeah, I'm just putting down another cab fare." Jack said, eyes glancing back and forth between his hand and those on the bed.

<@Melati> "You just say that because you got absolutely nothing," she replied and cracked a grin. Not that she had anything else but a whole lot of nothing, but here was the chance to scare Jack out of the pot. Her raise just had to be scary enough. Mel tapped one of the cards. "Being furniture for a day sure sounds fun, no? You up for that?"

<Jack> "That sounds horribly boring." he replied, "You sure you wanna be doing that all day? I'm okay if you want to make it like furniture ofr an hour, or maybe two." he suggested.

<@Melati> "All or nothing," Mel replied, pretty sure that he was just trying to weasel himself out of folding his cards. "I even promise to repose you every hour or so."

<Jack> "Only if you can beat four aces." Jack said, showing his cards. "Can I use you at bars as well, chairs there can get sticky."

<@Melati> She blinked. "You little runt!" Mel flipped her cards over, which amounted to nothing but the pair of aces already on the bed. "You played me!" Giving a brief laugh, she shook her head. "Like a boss, I must add."

<Jack> "Hey, I grew up in Vegas. What you expect?" he smirked, "Now, as.... this one once said, "Jack held up the Queen of Hearts, "in Alice in Pornoland, 'Off with her shirt!' "

<@Melati> "This is going to end really badly for me, isn't it?" A shirt landed in Jack's face, before Mel dropped the stack of cards in his lap. "I can already see me owing you my firstborn when we're done."

<Jack> "Wouldn't say that badly. Don't worry, I'll raise your kid to be mighty and strong, he shall defeat many a monster and beer alike." And so they kept playing, the pack going from one to the other as clothing was taken off and added in each winner's piles.

<@Melati> Down to just a pair of black panties, Melati lounged on the bed and peeked under the cards that had been dealt to her. And it was her turn to open the bet. "Right, unless we think of other things to use as ante, this might be our last hand, so let's make it worth it, yeah?" She smirked. "I bet giving a ride through the park."

<@Melati> "And I'm not talking piggyback here," she added. "Bridle, riding crop, and the whole shebang."

<Jack> "As in pay a guy with a horse and carriage... or hands and knees?" Jack asked. He was wearing his pants, which was his last item of clothing. Next time he's playing cards with Mel, he'll have to wear underwear as well.

<@Melati> "What do you think," she asked in return, smirking suggestively. "Only the rider gets to wear any clothes, and all the way through the park - or until we get arrested, whatever happens first."

<Jack> Jack cringed, then looked at his cards. She's just bluffing, she has to, because there's no way she would do that if she lost... oh right, she would, he thought. "Okay," jack agreed. "But only if the one giving a ride gets to wear kneepads or something."

<@Melati> "Works for me, and we can keep it to the lawn, anyway." She waited for the first cards to be flipped over. One pair ended up openly on the bed, with the third card forming another pair with the cards on her hand. Promising. And maybe Jack could be baited. "Check," she said.

<Jack> Jack sucked in his breath through teeth as his gaze went between his cards and the ones on the bed. "I know what you're thinking, you thinking I'll make a weak bet again, or maybe even pass as well. Tell you what... I bet... I bet to do what on the next card's picture is. And get photographed."

<@Melati> She wasn't sure whether he also hit something good with the revealed cards, or was just trying to force her out of the pot. In any case, there was no way Mel would decline such a promising offer. "That's all? Sure thing, let's play it save then."

<Jack> "Right on," Jack said, and the next card got revealed. It was five of clubs, and the picture on it... it was a public setting... and there was... there was things... "...if I lose here... just bring smelling salts to wake me up after I do that."

<@Melati> "Ah, no need to sweat it," Melati commented. "Pretty sure I did that already. Probably just can't remember anything of it anymore." She glimpsed at her own cards again. "Right, how to top that... how about reenacting three scenes from this card set. Winner's choice which of them."

<Jack> "No frikken way I'm folding now. You're on," Jack said, and then turned the final card. His ears perked up without him realizing. "And to round things off, French maid outfit for a week. Just because I can't think of anything else to bet."

<@Melati> "Why not stay true to the theme and add maid service on top of just the outfit," Mel asked, ready to flip her cards over for the showdown. "The loser has to clean anything at the winner's command."

<Jack> "Deal," jack said, suddenly getting the urge to wink as well, but fought it. "Cards in three... two... one, show'em." jack flipped his cards over.

<@Melati> "Oh, you better hold on to your panties," Mel said, and with a cocky grin on her lips, flipped over hers, as well.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Jack: Jack fell back, huffing breaths in and out, exhausted but happy. "I think I pulled a muscle." he told Melati.

Melati: "You don't just say that to play for time, do you?" Melati grinned, her chest heaving as she caught her breath. Drops of sweat trickled down her forehead, making her skin glisten.

Jack: Jack's hand came down and patted Mel's thigh, "Don't worry, give me a second." Jack asked, then moved his hand to his own thigh. "Ow... think I really did pull a muscle."

Melati: "Oh, so you're not trying to buy time, you just want to get me to do all the work." She chuckled, snuggling up against his body, downy fur against bare skin. "All you gotta do is ask, you know?"

Jack: "Well, maybe things would speed up a little down there if you can give the muscle a massage... no I meant the actual muscle." Jack said as he felt her hand on him.

Melati: "You gotta be the first guy to ask me to stop doing that," Mel commented, giving a shrug. She then sat up on the bed, leaned forward to put some pressure on Jack's leg, and began to knead the muscle.

Jack: "Oohhhh that feels good." Jack said, stretching and putting his hands behind his head while looking up at Melati. "Ever thought of starting your own massage parlour? Bet everyone would want your happy endings. Charge them five dollah," he said in a very stereotypical chinese accent.

Melati: "Ooh, you just know the perfect romantic things to say to us Malay girls," Mel replied, looking down at Jack with a lopsided smirk on her lips. "So, is that how you'd value my skills? Maybe I should start by charging what you owe by now."

Jack: Jack sucked in a breath and made a face, "I don't think I got enough money for how much I owe you now... actually... i think I would be bankrupt for everything we did in the past couple hours." Jack said, trying to calculate it all.

Melati: "Don't worry, you'll have unlimited credit with me," she said, still smirking as her tail slithered between his legs. "Besides, I've always been partial to alternative economy models based on favors, instead of buying into the capitalist mindset."

Melati: Glancing towards the ceiling, Mel put on a thoughtful expression. "Your idea isn't half-bad, though..."

Jack: "I'm full of them," Jack said, then looked over ot the naughty playing card on the nightstand. "You know I gotta practice a helluva lot more if I'll be doing this one." he said, referencing the act portrayed on the card. "Actually I'm not even sure how they got his..." Jack turned the card on it's side. 'Ohhh... so that's how it's done."

Melati: "Yeah, after all, I'm still suspended from the team," she continued. "And I hate sitting on my ass and doing nothing, you know? Least I could do is coach them, and see they're fit to perform at their best."

Jack: "If this is how you coach, sign me up anytime." Jack said, but then wondered. "Speaking of euphenisms... mind if I ask you a personal question?"

Melati: She chuckled. "Oh, don't believe I'd go easy on you, Floppy. No play without some work first." Melati looked down at Jack. "No, why would I? Ask away."

Jack: "How many people... guys and gals I mean, how many people have you done the dirty with since the school closed up for the summer up until now... me including. Just give a ballpark figure if you can't remember the precise amount."

Melati: "You mean, different people?" Melati frowned, pausing her massage. "Well, let's see.... it pretty much started and ended with you, then there was Rubin before I left on the trip with Sue, which brings us to number three, and... you know, I guess that's actually all of them. Why?"

Jack: Jack frowned. "really? Is... is that it? Huh." he fells silent, thinking.

Melati: "What do you mean, that's it?" Her brow furrowed as she gave Jack a puzzled look. "Just because I may have exchanged favours for goods the one or other time, that doesn't make me a professional, you know? Besides, it's not for a lack of trying. I just happened to be around people who kept me busy during most of the break."

Jack: "No, I didn't mean it like that." Jack said, "I meant... it's just something my dad mentioned to me... and my habits." Jack fell silent again. His eyes didn't look at Mel's and his arms folded in front of his chest. "I think he might be right."

Melati: She blinked, supporting herself on a hand as she leaned sideways on the bed. "I'm tempting to ask what kind of discussions you and your dad used to have about that particular topic, but I feel I might really regret doing so."

Jack: It took a second for Jack to answer. "He told me I might have a problem... concerning with the whole... sleeping with people thing."

Melati: "Are you going to tell me next I should get tested," Mel asked, arching an eyebrow. "Wait, you mean, a problem as in a habit?"

Jack: "No to the first, yes to the second." Jack replied. "Apparently I might be having a little too much fun.. with a little too many people. Wasn't sure about it first, but after you told me how many you were with..."

Melati: "Wait, how can you have too much fun?" She looked outright perplexed at that point. "And with too many people? What ever happened to 'the more the merrier'?" There was a brief pause. "So, how many people do constitute too many, exactly?"

Jack: "I-I'm not sure," Jack said, his fingers tappinh as he tries to count. "Since I left... well before I left, there was you, the the woman at the airport... the steward on the plane... the other stewardess after we landed... " he began, and then tried naming as many as he could.

Jack: "So... altogether... I think that's... thirty two? No, thirty three. Almost forgot the cab driver. Really nice puerto rican guy."

Melati: "Wow..." Melati blinked. "Well, congratulations? That's pretty impressive alright." She gave Jack a wry smile, running a hand over her head. "I think the only time I ever came close to that in such a short amount of time was that one night when Rubin's powers malfunctioned."

Jack: Jack winced, "That's like a normal number for me. Oh god," Jack put his hands on his face, "I'm a slut, aren't I?"

Melati: "Even if you were, so what?" Still smiling, Mel shifted over to lie on top of him, looking down at his face with a smirk. "All this shows it that I'm not nearly the slut I could be. Seriously, most people would do anything to get as much nookie as you do."

Jack: Jack lifted his hands, "I' not even sure how many people I've been with last year during the convention season in vegas." His hands moved to rest on Mel's back. "Now I'm really sure that my dad might have been right."

Melati: "Don't tell me you feel bad about it," Melati's eyes narrowed as she gave Jack an intense look. "Parents have always guilt tripped their children when it comes to sex, told us to feel bad about even wanting it." She shrugged. "Well, my mom didn't, because she used to be crazier than I am, but you get what I mean, right?"

Jack: "I guess... but... still... is thirty three in around two months the norm?" Jack asked. "That's one person every second day at least."

Melati: Putting on a thoughtful expression, Mel ran a few numbers through her mind. "Hey, doesn't sound that bad if you say it like that," she commented. "I may keep it mostly to the weekends, but I can assure you there have been more than one where I was messing around with two or three different people. And don't even get me started on the big house parties."

Melati: "I mean, who can tell how many players a football team usually has?" She laughed and gave a shrug. "Thing is, you're in good company. And do I give off the impression of feeling guilty about what I do?"

Jack: **"No?" Jack said, then thought about Melati's house parties. "A whole footbal team? I'm guessing they kept repeating 'it's not gay if the balls don't touch', right?" he joked. "I got something to beat that. Ever heard of Sexpo? I treated myself to that on my nineteenth brithday. You won't believe the kinds of parties they hold in the back."

Melati: "Believe it or not, but no, I actually haven't heard of that," she replied with a wry grin. "But now I hope it's regular thing and that you're going to take me along the next time."

Jack: "Definitely. Mind you I think it's being held in San Francisco next time. " Jack leaned to the side, kind of hugging Melati as he did so, and grabbed for his overnight bag, and pulled out an old folded up brochure of the expo. "Ignore the stuck pages. Next venue... yeah San Francisco."

Melati: "San Francisco, remember that name, because we're going to party so hard, the place will get leveled," Melati announced, wrapping her arms around Jack and leaning in to flick her tongue at his adorable nose. Her expression turned serious then. "You're not really letting this drag you down, right?"

Jack: "N-no, of course not!" he half lied. Truth be told, he still enjoyed every moment he had. "By the way, think my bunny wants to jump into a hole." he grinned.

Melati: "Good," she replied, moving in for another kiss. "Then we should let it find a nice, cozy hideout before it gets scared again."

Jack: "Still trying to figure out a naughty euphenism that contains a bunny and a bag of nuts." Jack said with a smirk.

Melati: She laughed. "I believe those would work better if we had something like a squirrel mutant." Mel's long tail curled around Jack's legs, her arms pulling him close. "Tell you what, just because I'm such an awesome person, and to show you what a fool you are for doubting mindless, carefree sex, the bunny gets to pick his hideout today."