this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Re: this coffee tastes like ass

Post by Ferguson »

So dad died last night, he had actually had a pretty good day and had been more or less on the mend after the last problems so it's more than likely it was his heart issues/one of the blood clots shifted suddenly than complications from the cancer. I'm at least glad it didn't happen after I had moved all ready and while Bill was still in prison so he didn't go over the deep end over it.

So even though really that works out...now it's time for funeral plans we definitely cannot afford but at least the plans are pretty simple, really.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Oh my God, I'm so sorry. *huuugs*

Let me know if I can do anything.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Aww, Ferg. :( *hugs*
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I'm so sorry to hear that, Ferg.
My deepest condolences. *hugs*
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

I'm so sorry, Ferg! *hugs*

My deepest condolences. :(

You know we're always there for you to help where we can or lend an ear.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

I'm so sorry, Fergie... :( That really sucks.

And I second what Slarti and Star said. If there's anything any of us can do... Just let us know. We're all here for you, hun. And we love you. *hugs*
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

I'm so sorry, Fergie! *hugs*
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Had a nice time over the weekend except for getting eaten alive by mosquitoes. Felt fine this morning. Got lightheaded very suddenly at work. Got my head back together enough to go home. Thought it was just the heat getting to me, though it wasn't very hot yet and I make a habit out of keeping properly hydrated. After cooling down and drinking some Gatorade and water, I still felt weak and yucky. Had mother-in-law take me to the doctor, then to the hospital, where I was tested for West Nile Virus. Now I'm home, still feeling yucky, and waiting on results.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Ferg, there are no words that I can possibly come to to properly display how sad I am at this. The best I can do is tell you how sorry it is to hear this and give you long-distance big hugs.

You're a trooper, my friend.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Had a shooting at my apartment complex last night... -_- Six shots fired down the way, stepped onto my patio/balcony and saw 4-5 cars speeding away from the area. *sigh* Ready to move and we've only been in the second lease for a month. 11 more...
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Jeez Esy >< *huggles*
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Holy shit!! *gets you all bulletproof vests*
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Settling down for sleep only to be woken by a phonecall from stepmom yelling at me. Commence row. Then phonecall from stepbro. Commence calming down. Then another phonecall from stepmom full of apologies and win les and heartfelt 'but I didn't mean it's.

Does this look like the face of a person who cares what you did and didn't mean? Damage has been done lady.

May have bro coming up early. Feel like a bitch for complaining about this, but am now on my iPod on the internets in bed because I'm too fucking wound up to sleep and my head is killing me.

Family? You can keep it.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

So a portion of Bill's money came in earlier this week.

Why is this in the ass thread considering that's something I've been waiting on for ages? Because people are pussyfooting around buying my train ticket (I can't as I don't actually have anything I can pay online with). I had even found the cheapest day I could go, filled out everything and left it up for the payment and mother pretended like she didn't know that's what I needed her to do. I have been giving this woman $840 a month for a year now yet she can't buy my stupid $153 train ticket? And don't think for a minute that $840 can in any constitute rent considering I've also been buying her food separately from that and completely abandoned my own bills for hers to keep her from going to prison for bad cheques to the point where it's a miracle I haven't been sued yet and I'm only going to avoid it by the barest skin of my teeth and, now that we have the money and I'm going to be getting *at least* a thousand of it, the ticket is something they're trying to put off and make me feel bad about asking for. Also, she has apparently forgotten how *not* to set Bill off and, while he's pretty good right now, talking about expenses and me asking for my ticket with him is not the best idea in the world as I should probably consider myself lucky he's even thought to pay me back some of what he owes me.

Oh, and the ticket price went up while I was checking this! $172 now and selling out fast.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Cat turned up last night with his eye swollen shut and we think he has an abcess in his cheek. However today we try to find him to take him to the vet and he's vanished. Cat hunt is on.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

aw damn, I'm sure he'll turn up though.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Had to rush Daxter (our ginger tom) to the vets today. He hasn't been able to keep food down since Sunday and the weight's dropped off him so fast he's gone from being a heavy-set, bouncey small ginger to literal skin and bones and horribly lethargic within a few days.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

I'm used to pain. It's the reason I'm on as many painkillers as I am, it sort of becomes the norm to not be able to function without a fistful of them at least twice a day.

What I'm not used to is having an hour's sleep and then be woken in screaming agony, take said fistful of all the painkillers and still be in agony once they've kicked in. I'm not used to being in so much pain, I'm curling up and crying in agony - and considering I have an incredibly high pain threshold, that's a hell of a lot of pain. I'm now on my second fistful of painkillers, and though it's done more good than the first, I'm a) dicing with overdose because I've cut down the time from 4hrs to 3 1/2 because I'm in that much pain and I'm still crying.

This continues, I'm going to end up in A&E again because of it.

Oh, did I mention the 'twice a day' thing is usually 12hrs apart? This has been just about 3 1/2 hrs now.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

UUUUAAAARGH! I'm so freaking HOT I might DIE!!!

I want to go home!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I found out the roommates have been both lying and holding out on us with internet.
Jaime and I have decided to start looking to move by hopefully between September and Christmas. We. are. Done.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

My daughter's got a head start on her teenage years. It will take a miracle if we both survive to her thirteenth birthday.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Two and a half weeks ago, a dear dear friend of mine broke up with his long-time fiance and I've been helping him through it. Another friend of his has been working tirelessly to try and patch things up between him and her to try and get them back together which my friend has been fighting because he has realised how toxic the relationship was and was actually feeling better having broken it up.

Last night this other friend passed away from invasive cancer. He had spent the last two and a half weeks of his life trying to repair a relationship because his friends mattered more to him than anyone else and he wanted them to be happy. He didn't even tell my friend that he was as bad as he was until yesterday, likely because he didn't want to be a downer. From the stories I've heard, he was just that kind of bloke.

So now my friend feels awful for not realising that his friend (who he says is like a brother to him) was so bad and for fighting against him so hard (to which I pointed out that whatever happens, he is still healthier and happier out of the relationship) but moreso because he won't make the funeral - his friend lived in the US.

I really wish I could do more to help him but I lack the words to say to make him feel better and he lives quite a distance away so actual hugs and things are not an option. I just thought I would post here to get some of the weight off my own brain and also to say that, despite the ass, what wonderful things people do for their friends :)

RIP Craig.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Right...deep breath, rant incoming.

(For those who don't want to read the essay, TL;DR: Scummy got ganged up on in the jobcentre and insulted a lot, bad touching happened, then Scummy's fist happened to them.)

I'm not a blokey bloke. If you know me at all, you know in fact I'm actually half a bloke, considering I'm a hermaphrodite (intersexed, whatever the goddamned word the PC bastards are using these days). This means I am relatively 'pretty' for a guy, enough that yes, I do confuse people and that fact entertains the hell out of me. Most of the time. Because most people are decent human beings and don't cause issue with something I have no choice over.

Unfortunately, this is not one of those times. I am one of the millions currently jobless in the UK, which means I'm on the dole. This means every two weeks, I take my scummy self to the local job centre, sign a piece of paper, and amble back again. Most people who do the same are usually pretty decent, but you have the 'dolescum' - people that are skimming benefits because they're lazy, who give the centres a hard time and are the reason why every job centre now has panic buttons leading to the nearest police station and come outfitted with at least three security guards per floor...because these shits will actually assault a member of staff and/or each other.

I've seen a few kick-offs - come on, I grew up in Hackney - and even one or two in the one where I go, despite it being a nice area, but I've never been directly involved in one until today. Picture this. Scummy, a skinny shortass, poking a jobsearch screen in the vague hope that something might actually be available. Two lads, about twice my size, start the whole 'is that a girl or a guy' conversation (despite me having an obviously blokey day). I ignore it, I'm used to it, and continue my resolute screen-pokes. They're being pretty loud about it but hell, if I reacted every time someone did that I'd never get anything done, and trust me, I've had worse than verbal insults for what I am, so I pretty much leave them to it.

Suddenly these two are behind me. I don't like people doing that to me, especially strangers, to the point where I'm actually in therapy to get me to deal with it (paranoia, whoo!). They start insulting me to my face, calling me 'pretty boy' which...bothers me a hell of a lot, it's a trigger, but I ignore it. They ask me if I'm a guy. I tell them 'yes'. They call bullshit, make inappropriate comments about 'taking me out back' and 'checking to see if I'm lying'.

Oh look, another trigger!

At this point, I'm edging away, and I tell them I don't appreciate the comments. I give the first legal warning, as I'm trained in martial arts and am required to by law - 'I am required by law to give you three warnings. If you keep up these actions, I may have to use force and there is a risk you may get hurt. I suggest you stop. This is your first warning.' - and sidle to another screen across the room, calls of 'Pussy!' are heard and I go back to my screen-poking. The security guards, having heard the warning, are hovering but they can't do anything until something actually happens. Yay anti-brutality laws!

Lo and behold, they follow. At this point, I would have happily walked out, but unfortunately I had to wait for my name to be called to sign said bit of paper and get money for rent/food/etc. So I was stuck. I ignore the insults, try to resist the urge to insult back (I was not going to escalate this, hell no) and then feel a hand on my ass.

Oh no you di'nt.

Hand gets pushed away. Second warning - 'If you carry on with these actions, I may have to use force and you are likely to be hurt. This is your second legal warning.' - loud enough for the security to hear, so they know I'm giving the warnings. Guys are calling my bluff, not believing, and there's now three of them. I get pushed a little - you know, the little shoves playground bullies give - and they start puffing themselves up. I don't like being touched at the best of times, but now I'm just getting pissed because fuck these guys, seriously. Third warning - 'If you do not stop what you are doing, I will use force and you will be hurt. This is your third and final warning, your next will be physical.' - and they laugh. The next thing I know is they're slapping me round the face and calling me pussy.

Again with the touching thing, and that trigger with the slapping of my face? That's the one that's attached straight to my very violent temper. I usually don't lose it easily because it is violent and very, very nasty, but anything involving my head and face makes me lose it instantly - ask Pup whether it's a good idea to talk to me if I hit my head. Anyway.

I delivered what was possibly the most beautiful straight punch I've ever done. I'm pretty sure my old sensai was feeling the disturbance in the force or something, it was that good. The guy dropped. The others were just kinda 'oshit' between me and him, and then security was swarming all over us.

Luckily because there were a lot of witnesses who'd seen the insulting and heard the warnings, and because I was happy enough to stand there quietly and not move while we were being seperated, there's no charges being brought against me. The fact I said I'd be happy to go to court and floor them legally might have cracked a few grins too. They got chucked out and their benefits stopped for a month, I think.

Now all I gotta do is deal with the triggers, the bruised (and broken) knuckles and the yet again body hate this has kicked up, because I wouldn't have to fucking deal with this shit if my genetics could have decided what goddamned sex I'm supposed to be.

Roll on gender reassignment clinic...
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Scummy, it sounds like you did brilliantly. If it were me, I would have skipped right to screaming like a berzerker and employing the same amount of force right at the ass grab- my tolerance for sexual battery being nonexistent. I hope you got proper treatment and are resting your hand.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I hate my room mates so much right now, I'm having fantasies of shitting in their pillows and watching them freak out.

I hate them. I hate them. I hate them. I want out. I hate them.