12/4 Game: Funeral for a...Something

Read our full Game transcripts here!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

12/4 Game: Funeral for a...Something

Post by Ferguson »

Jason: "Does anyone else want to take bets on if we were right?"  Jason turned around in his seat, the back legs of it squishing into the ground slightly as he did so as the snow melting had made things a bit softer than usual.  "I'm open to wager amounts."

Pietro: Pietro raised an eyebrow, "Right about what...?" he eyed the legs of Jason's chair, "You're aware
you're sinking...?"

Eddie: "Right abo-...", Eddie nodded, Pietro asking exactly what was on his mind.

Jason: "...you people pay no attention at all, right about who the body was.  What, did we think I was going to take a bet as to whether or not Xavier sprung for a high-end coffin?"

Selene: Selene clothing was fitting for a funeral. Not that she had planned to come or dressed specifically for this occasion. In fact, she had followed her curiosity upon spotting the others gathering outside.

Illyana: Illyana didn't like this squishy ground under her new shoes. She took her seat by Pietro, hiding a grumble at the ground.

Pietro: "I'm sorry, I might have missed all the speculation between planning a wedding, running a house and going to Russia...."

Eddie: "Seems kinda cruel to do that, anyway...", Eddie shrugged. "Can't 'dis' the dead, man."

Selene: "I believe it's a student who dared to step on Professor Munroe's flowers," Selene remarked.

Jason: "And that is what you get for all that nonsense, you miss a body."  Jason shook his head at such silliness.  "How's it dissing to make fifty on who he is?  Anyway, he's been dead for a while, I doubt seriously he's going to mind."

Illyana: "'e 'as no respect for the dead..." Illyana said softly to Pietro, not wanting to get Jason riled up.

Eddie: "Even so...seems wrong, you know?", Eddie explained, "Well....whatever. Unlucky, whoever it is. So, what happened, anyway?"

Pietro: "I'm not going to complain about missing a body." Pietro rolled his eyes and put an arm around Illyana.

Jason: "Um, explosion, one body went in two came out?  And, to think, I'm the one that pays attention around here?  I'm almost ashamed."  He tsked at them all, shaking his head.  "I don't know about you,
Pietro but I'd like to know when there's bodies around.  Saves it from being a surprise."

Selene: "Considering they're quite similar, you could use the occasion to get inspiration for that wedding you're planning," Selene said, looking at Pietro. She slightly cocked her head. "Whose is it, anyway?"

Jason: "Mind, at my parents house all you have to do is turn on the little blue corpse light.  We don't exactly have a system for that here anyway."

Eddie: Eddie turned to look at Pietro and Illyana. He hadn't had the pleasure of meeting this girl yet, and she was, what, Pietro's new girlfriend or something? He sighed, he's been so out of the loop recently. However, he had been busy. "Weddings and Bodies...lovely. Never a dull day in the 'House of X', eh?"

Jason: "Quite possibly the House of Ex."

Selene: "Maybe we should start a system to file all the dead people at this place," Selene said.

Pietro: "I was there for the explosion, I would've thought they'd have done something about the body already... guess not..." he decided to ignore Selene's suggestion. Creepy.

Jason: "There should at least be some markers if they're going to be out in the yard."  He shrugged.  "And I'd imagine the only reason we're burying it now is we know who it is, hence the bets."

Illyana: "I still would like to 'ope that is not necessary, Selene." Illyana smiled at her roommate, content to sit close to Pietro.

Eddie: "Wow, she really is new, huh?", Eddie winked at Illyana. "That vanilla mentality'll fade, trust me..."

Jason: "So I'm only against Selene?"  He glanced around, disappointed.  "Okay Selene, I see your electrocuted student and raise you the stepbrother...though the stepfather is tempting and believe me,
Eddie, I've tried to tell her that and she just thinks I'm paranoid."

Pietro: Pietro face-palmed at Eddie's comment.

Illyana: "You are, Jason." Illyana reminded him.

Jason: "See?  She knows nothing about justifiable paranoia.  It's not just paranoia when you know they're after you, dearie."

Selene: Selene shifted a few seats to the side until she sat right behind Illyana and Pietro. She poked her over their shoulder. "Don't tell me you followed by advice and forced him into marriage," she remarked, making shifty eyes. "Did you get blackmail on him?"

Pietro: "Argh!" Pietro nearly fell off his chair.

Eddie: Eddie scratched his head again, unsure whether to smile or groan at how innocent and naive

Illyana sounded. True, Jason was, himself, awfully macabre-sounding, but some of what he said was true; weird, dark, creepy shit always happened here.

Eddie: "Ah, let her be, Jason, let her be.", Eddie smiled. "I wish I still had that kind of outlook, and sometimes I do: then bodies show up."

Jason: "It'd be more than a little soon.  Apparently Pietro should have been paranoid about Illyana in that case, balls in a noose and all that."

Connors: Connors coughed quietly as he took his seat beside Pietro. "Sorr I'm late...." He whispered. "I had trouble pinning up the sleeve for my new jacket..." He pointed to the sleve, the pin crooked and stuck in the cloth.

Selene: "They always do when the fun starts," Selene remarked, nodding at Eddie.

Illyana: Illyana shook her head a bit. "We are not getting married, Selene."

Illyana: Illyana shifted a bit in her seat, uncomfortable with all the attention.

Jason: "Thank God, Pietro, you can still run."  Jason waved to Curt.  "Don't worry, the main event's not started yet.  Will you take some of the betting action on who the body's turned out to be?"

Pietro: Pietro looked over at Jason debating whether or not to reply. He decided it was safer not to.

Eddie: Eddie shuddered at Selene's words. "You in a habbit of saying really creepy shit at the moment or what?", he threw a glance at the one-armed kid, another new enough edition to the household he's not yet met. Such was the life of a comic-addicted 'bitch-hermit', in his eyes. "Hi. Play Jason't game. Make him stop talking."

Pietro: "She always says really creepy stuff. It's her thing." Pietro reminded Eddie.

Eddie: "Hence the reason I'm still single...", Eddie smirked. "...note to self: see to that..."

Jason: "Do you know how much time I spent digging up dirt on this...the identity, not the grave."  Jason explained before going on.  "I'm going to celebrate finally getting the answer and put the time into another hopefully more lucrative obsessive hobby."

Selene: "And it's hard work, too, that rarely gets appreciated," Selene added. "In fact, it requires me to maintain a library of creepy phrases and remarks."

Pietro: "Considering the complaining you're doing, I'm going to guess at 'a lot'?"

Illyana: "I just 'ope that whoever it is can finally rest in peace." Illyana relaxed into her chair.

Eddie: "Darren ever stuck you on 'mute'?", Eddie joked with Selene, "And Jason, you need to pick a less creepy hobby yourself; maybe roller-skating?"

Connors: Curt tied his show a little and looked awkwardly to the others. Not very tame funeral is this? He realized.

Selene: "Digging up actual graves seem like a more lucrative hobby to me."

Pietro: Pietro looked round at Selene, somewhat horrified.

Illyana: "That is illegal, Selene."  Illyana twirled a bit of her hair.

Selene: "That's why it's lucrative," Selene replied, putting on a small smirk.

Jason: "She's really quite gifted.  I wish I had half the talent she has."  Jason nodded in support of

Selene.  "Oh you know me, Pietro, if I spend on afternoon on something I'm likely to complain.  Roller-skating involves activity and falling down.  That reminds me though, you've not been around to sample my 'new wares' have you Eddie?"

Jason: "It really is, you can find all sorts of things in graves."

Jason: "Legality is not likely to stop most people here, Illy.  If it did...well I'd be unemployed on two fronts actually."

Eddie: "Usually I can think of just about anything funny to say in a situation like this...", Eddie said, "Gonna go with 'Error 404: Witty comeback not found'."

Pietro: Pietro didn't like that Selene was sitting behind him. He preferred it when he could see where she was.

Jason: "Have we come here to bury that joke for shame?"

Eddie: Eddie gave Jason a casual 'one-finger salute'. "...is my reply.", Eddie grinned at him.

Illyana: Illyana made a face at the rudeness.

Connors: Connors stared at Eddie. "This is a funeral... sort of... a remembrance." He hissed.

Selene: "Burying things is what we're here for, aren't we?" Selene leaned back in her chair and crossed her legs. "Come on, people. Hurry up and toss in all the things you want to get rid off and that should better remain unseen, while the grave is still open."

Eddie: Eddie looked over at Connors. "Hey, hey, I'm trying to lighten the mood a little; I was just saying the same thing earlier, chill out!"

Selene: "The problem is, none of us remembers the person to be remembered," Selene remarked.

Jason: "At the funeral?  Kinky but not really my thing.  Can I take a rain-check?"

Illyana: "We don't even know who is being buried..." Illyana pointed out.

Eddie: "That, too.", Eddie remarked at both Illyana and Selene.

Pietro: Pietro kept quiet. He hated funerals.

Selene: "Ooh, can we make things up," Selene asked, arching her eyebrows. "Maybe something interesting with vampires and Amish."

Illyana: "Amish vampires?" Illyana gave her roommate an odd look.

Connors: "Maybe we don't know him... or her... but the respect is still needed." Curt reminded Selene. "And I'm sure if Xavier is having a 'funeral' of sorts, it's someone important to him, so we can at least show him some respect."

Jason: "Is it just me or are all the new people disgustingly goody-goody?"  

Eddie: "Hey, we're too pretty to be evil.", Eddie replied. "They have a point, though..."

Pietro: "I'm not new." Pietro put in.

Connors: "Hey, I've spent my time being bad." Curt said sourly.

Connors: "I ate a poor 'roo...." He almost felt like crying for the animal, nevermind the dead person they were actually there to 'remember'.

Jason: "I actually was refering to your vodka sniffing girlfriend considering I know you're not that goody-goody...oh God, are you going to cry?"

Selene: "You're right." Selene agreed with Jason and grinned, licking one of her canines. "No reason to complain, though. It'll be so delightful to get them to lose that innocence."

Illyana: Illyana carefully scooted closer to Pietro. Conners was way weird... and Jason was still creepy and rude.

Jason: "Yeah but we have to put a rush on that, going to run out of time."  He put on his mournful face with oddly good timing as Xavier rolled into the sight.

Connors: Connors sniffled. "No."

Eddie: Eddie glanced back at Mr. Connors. "If we're all making confessions about being bad, it's true I steal all the chocolate pudding cups...", Eddie twiddled his thumbs.

Pietro: "Please don't break the new people..." He tightened his hold on Illyana a little.

Jason: "They need broken by friendlier people before others do it for us."

Connors: Connors looked to Eddie with disgust. "I love those!"

Illyana: "Why would people break me?" Illyana whispered to Pietro.

Selene: "I'd never break my dear roomie," Selene said, grinning at Pietro and Illyana. "Just might be tempted to taint her a little. Don't worry, though, she'll be even more appealing because of that."

Pietro: Pietro frowned at Jason then looked at Illyana, "Because they have nothing better to do."

Jason: "Because it'd better than letting madmen with scalples do it for her."  Jason corrected.

Eddie: Eddie looked between Connors and Illyana, wanting to answer both with a tactful response. "Damn...sex joke or laughing at misfortune?", he muttered, sighing.

Pietro: He turned his head slowly to look at Selene, don't ask her!

Pietro: He winced a little at Jason's comment.

Xavier: Xavier made his way up to the front of the group, glad that at least some people saw fit to show up for this admittedly odd occasion.  "Students, thank you for coming for this unfortunate gathering as we are allowed to finally lay to rest the body of Dr. Kurt Marko."

Eddie: Eddie looked at Connors, deciding his last fight with Pietro should remain his last. "In my defense, I was here first."

Eddie: Eddie turned, silencing himself at Xavier's words. Time and place, this was neither.

Illyana: Illyana stayed close to Pietro, giving Xavier her attention.

Pietro: Pietro turned back to the front, looking at Xavier and still feeling uncomfortable with Selene unsupervised behind him.

Jason: "Oh why did I switch from the stepfather?"  Jason muttered just loud enough for the others to hear, disappointed that he had thought to switch to the wrong Marko.

Connors: Connors sat on his hand to stop his fingers from snapping, and thus triggering him to shout "I knew my research wasn't wrong! A Marko!" but he contained himself. Tactful, if not professional, that's what his mother wanted of him.

Selene: "Who?" Selene's voice was a whisper as she leaned back again.

Jason: "It's Xavier's stepfather."  Jason answered, still quite disappointed in himself.

Eddie: 'Dr. Kurt Marko?', Eddie thought. "...christ.", he breathed solemly.

Selene: "Ooh, the plot thickens." Selene shifted on her seat, wondering if she should have brought popcorn.

Xavier: Despite the mutterings that, yes, he could hear, Xavier continued to eulogies his stepfather, practically blocking the student's existence out.

Jason: "So now I guess we're left with one major question, eh?"

Selene: "It wasn't me," Selene was quick to point out.

Jason: Jason put his finger to his nose to declare himself innocent as well.

Eddie: "...guys, shhhh.", Eddie muttered.

Connors: Curt contemplated bopping Jason on the nose with his own hand. Immature...

Jason: "Please, he's in his own little world up there.  Selene could streak naked at this point and he'd not have any idea."

Connors: "Excuse a man for grieving." Connors crumbled from the side of his mouth.

Jason: "I, for one, am still unconvinced he didn't put the man in that condition himself so yeah, not going to be too respectful."

Pietro: Pietro sighed heavily and shook his head.

Selene: "Don't give me ideas," Selene whispered to Jason.

Illyana: "Selene please don't...." Illyana looked back at her roomie.

Jason: "...you say that like it's going to be a deterrent."  Jason shook his head at Selene, grinning.

Connors: "He's a good man, not a monster." Curt pointed out. Like I am.... Curt thought.

Jason: "There are no good men."  He scoffed at the idea. "There's only the naive and those who count on the naive staying that way."

Eddie: Eddie's neck prickled at Connor's tone. He sounded somehow empathic. Strange. He then glanced at Jason, "Awfully cheerful, as ever!."

Connors: "You sound like The Joker." Curt said to Jason.

Eddie: "A Joker, arguably...", Eddie muttered.

Jason: "just because the character's crazy doesn't mean he doesn't have a point."

Illyana: "Jason... listening to crazy characters should have been a clue..."

Connors: "Said the crazy person." Curt jabbed.

Pietro: "Shh..." Pietro hissed, but without much conviction. There wasn't much point.

Illyana: Illyana winced and got quiet, listening to Xavier again.

Jason: "Well, when Xavier buries us all just remember I tried to warn you."

Connors: "Xavier is not a killer. And he would never 'bury us all'.... probably just you."

Pietro: Pietro rolled his eyes. If Xavier wanted to hurt them he'd have done it already.

Selene: Selene pulled her legs up onto the chair and sat cross-legged, propping her elbows on her knees. She rested her chin on her palms. "I wouldn't want to be buried," she said. "I've always imagined to be stuffed and preserved, then have strings attached to turn me into a live-sized puppet to scare people."

Illyana: As much as Illyana didn't trust the building, she did trust the bald man.

Jason: "If you're stuffed and preserved can I have you?"

Connors: Connors looked repulsed at Selene. "You're one goofy sheila."

Selene: "Of course," Selene replied, a slight grin on her face. "At least I can be sure to be put to good use then."

Eddie: Eddie watched Xavier with a frown. He trusted Xavier because of his mission and his conviction. He wouldn't have done something like that, he was better than that. All the while thinking, Eddie couldn't help but feel he was trying to convince himself of that fact.

Selene: "My name's not Sheila," Selene pointed out.

Jason: "I will forever cherish your taxidermied self."  Jason assured her, imagining the fun that could be had with such a party tool.  "I'm just saying, people, we know that he's too good to actually be true."

Pietro: "I've heard too good to be true." Pietro put in tightly.

Connors: Curt felt his temper rise, and he bit his bottom lip and tried to contain it. "Not worth my time, mate."

Xavier: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him; and He will make your paths straight."  Xavier was still in full eulogy mode, going on full-steam despite a less attentive audience.

Illyana: Illyana just didn't know what to make of the whole situation. She had also never seen Pietro this tense. That worried her.

Jason: "He's even using bible verses to tell us to keep marching on his primrose path."  Jason half sing-songed the statement, wondering if there was going to be food at the reception afterwards.

Selene: "Good or shady, the man provides me with free food, lodging, a library and a couch," Selene muttered. "To me, that forgives a lot of potential sins."

Connors: "He's using the word of his Lord to comfort his uneasy soul, you insensitive yak." Connors pointed out.

Jason: "Does that mean I get to invoke the flying spaghetti monster and start a raindance?"

Pietro: Pietro gave up, getting to his feet with an apology to Illyana and going to sit away from the group.

Connors: "When you die? You can have whatever you want. Sooner is better than later, though." Curt snapped, feeling sick with anger. He groaned as his limb began to ache. "This country is so dang cold..."

Selene: "One day, we'll all be part of his great bolognese sauce in the sky," Selene spoke solemnly.

Illyana: Illyana watched him, looking to see if he was alright. He seemed so on edge... maybe he just wanted to be alone for a moment?

Jason: Jason had a hard time hiding his snort of amusement from Selene.  "Selene, I'm glad you exist.  I don't say that to most people so even if my brain is in a jar and you're imaginary I'm glad I'm imagining you."

Selene: "And I'm glad to be imagined," Selene replied.

Eddie: "...Xavier's starting to remind me of Angelo a little, with all the 'God'll do you right' stuff.", Eddie said, mostly to himself. "Not neccesarily a bad thing, mind...", he partly wished this was over, too, not looking to see Pietro dissapear. He'd learned enough not to know when people needed to be alone. Especially people like Pietro.

Illyana: Illyana blocked out their voices and listened to Xavier, feeling sorry for their patron.

Jason: "Just as long as he doesn't burst out into Spirit in the Sky...actually no, that would make this little shindig even better."

Connors: Curt grumbled, but his grumble turned into a snarl. A growl, from deep within. He felt himself becoming stressed and bothered by Jason's prattling. "You really know how to dig your own hole, mate."
Selene: "I'd let my hair down and dance to that," Selene said.

Jason: "I would join you, though my hair's all ready down."  Jason just shrugged to Curt.

Xavier: Xavier was droning by now, the coffin going down finally as he trailed off, unreadable but questionable expression on his face.

Selene: "Should we call for an encore," Selene asked in whisper.

Jason: "I don't know, his performance seemed oddly uninspired.  He seems bored with his eulogy."

Eddie: Eddie felt the atmosphere sink a level. He didn't need 'spider sense' to tell him that now was a bad time to make a wise-crack, even if everyone surrounding him did.

Pietro: Pietro bent, putting his face in his hands and resting his elbows on his knees.

Illyana: Illyana wanted to give Xavier a hug. Poor old bald man...

Jason: "He's even one of the dried eyes in the house, Curt here shed more tears and emotion."

Illyana: Illyana glanced back at Pietro. She felt bad for him too. Silently she went to him and sat down beside him, not speaking or touching him, just sitting beside him.

Pietro: Pietro turned his head a little when someone sat beside him, peeking to see who it was. He was glad it was Illyana, he relaxed a little and sat up again.

Illyana: Illyana kept her face neutral, watching Pietro to evaluate how he was.

Selene: "Are we supposed to toss dirt now," Selene asked, still keeping her voice low.

Jason: "I think he goes first."  Jason answered Selene.

Xavier: Practically on cue, Xavier carefully bent, picking up a handful of dirt and letting it fall into the grave, frown deepening and hardening.

Pietro: Pietro got up, putting a hand on Illyana's shoulder, then went to pay his respects too.

Illyana: Illyana followed Pietro, going to pay her respects as well... and wanting to give Xavier a good hug.

Xavier: He rolled back, coming through the chairs again and taking his exit, not saying anything to those who came and heading back for the mansion despite the bits of mud that were collecting on his wheels.

Eddie: Eddie stood, it wouldn't be his place to cast any dirt into the grave. But he did mutter a prayer under his breath, watching Xavier as he left. "Excuse me, guys, I'm gonna....yeah.", he adjusted his coat's collar as he left, looking back once at Xavier, wishing that, for all his 'heroism' and whimsical nature there was something more he could do.

Jason: "That was pretty damned odd over all."  Jason yawned.  "See you later, Eddie."

Selene: "Great, now I feel bad for the old man," Selene muttered, looking after Xavier as he left.

Connors: Curt rolled his eyes at Jason, tossing his dirt into the grave. "You know, Jason, you're a sssssshit heel, sssometimes."

Illyana: Illyana watched Xavier leave. "Poor guy..."

Connors: "The man is clearly in shock and upset." He pointed out firmly. "And you intend on making a joke out of the entire thing. It'sssss sssickening."

Pietro: Pietro nodded, putting his arm around Illyana again so that he didn't distance himself too much from other people. That was always the danger when he was in one of these moods.

Jason: "So's everyone, your point?"  Jason glanced over to Connor.  "I'm just saying he's suspicious and I don't see why it's clear he's shocked and upset."

Illyana: Illyana rested her head agaisnt Pietro and simply held onto him. They could talk later.

Connors: "Because humans have emotions, and you're cold, emotionless, and more reptilian than my own sssself." His arm really hurt now.

Jason: "He certainly didn't seem all that suprised, more suprirsed about finding out he had a sister trying to get her fair share of the school.  I think you might be reading into some of those emotions, friend."

Pietro: "It was his step dad, Jason. Why is it so hard to believe he might be upset?"

Jason: "I'm just saying, I think you all are reading the situation and not the man."

Connors: Curt's head tilted to the right as he snarled "Stupid monkeysss thinks they know all.... Lizard knowssss more. Knowssss how world workssss, knowsss how monkey body needssss blood!"

Illyana: "People deal with grief in different ways, Jason... we do not know 'ow 'e feels."

Pietro: "Well then I apologise for wanting to trust the man who feeds and shelters us for free, even those of us who could afford to pay."

Jason: "I've seen plenty of people in grief, Illyana.  I don't need you telling me all the ways it can look, didn't see it."  Jason turned to look at Connors though, arching an eyebrow.  "Riiight, now's the cue to go inside."

Pietro: Pietro looked over at the new kid, "Curt, you alright?"

Selene: "The last one to reach the mansion has to fill up the grave?"

Connors: Curt suddenly slid around Jason and stood in front of him. He had gotten strangely taller in those few seconds. "Bossssssy monkey makes no-no!"

Illyana: Illyana didn't like the sounds of that. "Curt...."

Jason: "...what the flipping fuck?"  Jason knew when to take a step back.

Pietro: Oh crap. He placed himself between Curt and Illyana, just in case.

Illyana: Illyana did not want to have to knock out this punk AGAIN.

Pietro: "Curt," he said more firmly.

Connors: Curt's limb began to grow, his complexion began to turn green. "Monkey makessss pushy! Makesss Lizard angryy!! Gerroff my territory!" Curt snapped at Jason, his mouth now forming a large lizard-like snout.

Selene: "Tell me if you need help," Selene called from her place. "I'll dial 911 then."

Pietro: "Curt! Take control back!"

Jason: And now was the time to step away.  Jason's hand casually went to his pocket and he took a step back, glancing to Selene and mouthing 'animal control'.

Connors: Curt looked to Pietro and snarled, almost completel transformed into a lizard now. His tail whipped around and knocked some chairs about. His attention suddenly spun to Jason.

Selene: "I assume getting the plant mister won't do much in this case," Selene remarked, looking Curt up and down.

Connors: "Lizard needs monkey to know who better!" The Lizard leapt up and onto Jason, pushing him down into the chairs.

Pietro: Okay that was a no from the feral. "Hey!"

Jason: "Son of a fucking bitch!"  Jason went down with not-Curt, glad suddenly that at least Monet's teeth weren't sharp when she was angry.

Selene: "Hey, behave yourself, handbag!" Selene jumped to her feet and picked up a chair, chucking it in Curt's direction.

Illyana: Illyana didn't know what to do. She wasn't sure she could teleport Curt and leave Jason.

Connors: The Lizard yowled and roared as it began to slash and maim at Jason's body.

Jason: "Sedative!  Would be nice right about now!"  Jason didn't know who needed the sedative though.

Pietro: Pietro froze. Not again!

Connors: The bonk on the head caught Lizard's attention and he turned to Selene and hissed at her.

Illyana: "I'll get one!" Illyana teleported into the house.

Connors: It coughed out a warning screech and then looked back to Jason with a hungry look in it's eyes.

Selene: "I've got something better!" Concluding that playtime was over, Selene hurried toward Curt and Jason, trying to jump on the reptile's back.
Connors: ((AND SO DINO-RIDERS BEGAN!!!)

Illyana: It took Illyana longer than expected to find what she needed. She reappered outside and aimed the gun at the lizard.

Jason: "Selene, squishing more!"  His hand came out of his pocket, opened switchblade now in hand and gripped tight as he twisted around, stabbing upward at Curt's stomach.
Selene: Selene put her hands on Curt's back, trying to drain enough of his energy to make him pass out.
Connors: The Lizard roared, stepped back and used its tail to whip Jason across the face. It reached around trying to pull Selene off, but the cut hurt and he was strangely starting to feel... sleepy.

Illyana: Illyana didn't know if the tranq was needed now.

Connors: "I needssssss..... ssssome...... peanut butter..... sssshoes..." The Lizard stumbled around and then flumped into some of the folding chairs on the lawns and into the mud.
Connors:

Illyana: Illyana teleported to Curt. "I will get 'im to the infirmary place. Selene, get a professor. NOW!"

Selene: Selene landed on her back when Curt tossed her off. Sitting up, she saw him drop down. "Wouldn't Mr. Speedy be better suited for that," she asked, then noticed that Pietro looked suspiciously statue-liked. "Never mind, I'll handle it."

Illyana: "Thank you. 'urry!" Illyana put her hands on Curt, gently. "Curt we are going for a ride... 'opefully you stay asleep."

Jason: The knife and wounds faded as Jason let go of the illusions, catching his breath.  "Do you think he's rabid?  Because that would truly ruin my day."

Jason: "He's fine, unless Selene took a bit too much."

Connors: Curt slowly shrunk back into a human and looked down at his torn pants and shirt. "Shiiiiiiit." He grumbled. He looked at his belly, hurriedly, then to Jason. "You... you didn't actually stab me!?"

Connors: He turned to Illyana and felt embarrassed and shameful.

Jason: "Who carries around a switchblade?"

Pietro: Pietro sat down on the ground, trying to gather his senses again.

Illyana: Illyana patted Curt gently. "Glad you are back with us and un'armed."

Selene: "Don't worry," Selene said as she got up. "I'm on a no-lizard diet at the moment, so he should be fine." She then jogged off to try and catch up with Mr. Wheelie.

Illyana: "Maybe Tigra can give you some 'elp on controlling it, yes?"

Connors: "Wha.... wait... what?" He looked over to the flung chairs, the mud, the fellow students who were shocked and upset. "Did... oh lawd." He tried to help himself up and did so. "Look... Jason... I'm sorry. It's clearly not working out, the blocks. I'm just going to zap it out." He shook his head at Illyana. "He's too dangerous to 'train'."

Illyana: Illyana shrugged. "It is your choice." She got up and went to check on Pietro, placing a soft hand on his shoulder.

Jason: Jason picked himself up, then thought better of that and sank back into a chair.  "Not the worst mauling I've went through."  He wheezed.

Pietro: Pietro flinched a little at the unexpected hand on his shoulder, glancing up briefly to check it was her.

Connors: Curt hid his face from the others with his only hand and mumbled another apology before dashing off into the school.

Illyana: That was unusual... Pietro didn't flinch at her touch... something was really wrong.

Jason: "Should go after him...or fall over...strongly divided on the subject."

Illyana: "You should get to the infirmary place, Jason... do you need 'elp getting there?"

Pietro: Pietro ran a hand through his hair, dimly aware that the ground was soaking wet and now so was he... as well as muddy. He cleared his throat and got to his feet.
Jason: "I...wouldn't be opposed to it.”

Illyana: Illyana looked up at Pietro. "I will take Jason to get 'elp... and I will be right back... ok?"

Pietro: He nodded going to sit on one of the chairs that was still upright. "Sorry, Jason..." he mumbled.

Jason: "As I said, not the worst mauling.  You remember how Monet can be."Jason waved the apology off woozily.

Pietro: "Yeah..." he sighed, putting his face in his hands again.

Illyana: Illyana shook her head at Jason. As much as she didn't like the guy, she was the only one who could help him. "Let's go Jason..."

Connors: Julie zipped over, a blast of dirt and some mud flinging ahead of her as she stopped short and looked around at the chairs, the down faces, and Jason. ".... Who died?" She asked with a snerk.

Jason: "...My pride."  Jason answered, wincing as he took the help.  

Illyana: Illyana patted Jason as she helped him to the infirmary place.

Jason: "You...tiny little Russian girl, are a surprisingly stable leaning post.  Have you ever been told that?"

Jules: "Looks like it. You look like you got served. You try to break dance again?" She zipped over to him, quickly and beyond anyone else's notice slipped a wad of cash into his pants, and zipped back over to where she had been. "Have you seen Russian ballerinas?" Julie pointed out. "They got some serious leg power, bro."

Illyana: "No... that one 'as been lost on me...." Illyana wished Pietro wasn't broken.

Pietro: Pietro looked up briefly, spotting Julie and managing to hold back a groan. Not today. Please no...

Jason: "I tried to call up my inner Steve Irwin.  Pietro, you coming?  We can take a trip to the infirmary together...and Julie, I'm putting in an order from our stocks to forget this once that's done."

Jason: "I should have remembered Steve Irwin was dead when I tried to summon my own version..."

Jules: Julie looked to Pietro. "What's he yammering on about?"

Illyana: "Not a good plan, Jason. You could 'ave been seriously 'urt."

Pietro: He lifted his head to look over at Jason, looking between him, Julie and Illyana. Illyana was going with Jason. He got to his feet, "Yeah, alright..."

Jason: "I probably am seriously hurt...there are things I'm not feeling right now.  Definitely not the first time.  Lead on!"  

Illyana: Illyana sighed. It would be so much faster to teleport him! "If you wouldn't throw up all over my shoes, I would teleport you.."

Jason: "Oh, but Jules...you missed it.  The stabbing thing?  Works like a charm."  He blinked.  "I'm not sure I'm not going to throw up all over your shoes right now."

Illyana: "You do and you are walking yourself to the infirmary! 'old it in!"

Jason: "'s'why I'm thinking about stabbing.  That's why."
Pietro: "I can probably run you down there... least I could do..."

Jason: "Least you could do for what?"  Jason blinked, confused and not just because of some bloodloss and possible trauma.

Illyana: Illyana almost jumped at Pietro's sudden voice. He hadn't spoken since the attack had begun. She would let Jason decide how quickly he wanted to get there though.

Pietro: Pietro rolled his eyes, "Hand him over, Illyana."

Illyana: Illyana didn't argue with Pietro. She handed Jason over.

Jason: "My question gets an answer?"  Jason tottered over slightly, slinging an arm around Pietro.

Jules: "I'll go with, make sure you get the right medicine." Julie stated plainly, still not sure what had happened.

Pietro: "I could have gotten you out of Curt's way but I didn't.... also, sorry about this." he picked Jason up.

Illyana: "Are you studying medicine?" Illyana asked Julie.

Jason: "He's a giant lizard, you're not gonna get blamed for not.  Oh Jesus tits."  The world went topsy turvy and Jason's stomach went along for the ride without the rest of him.
Jules: "Uhhh... yeah." Julie said plainly. "Digoxin, Coumadin, Ritilin, Mazapan, you name it."

Jules: She shrugged, grabbed Illyana by the wrist, and zipped off behind Pietro with her in tote.

Pietro: Pietro set Jason down on the first available bed and then went to find McCoy.

Illyana: Illyana did not appreciate being drug along, but she kept up. "I am going to be a doctor..."

Jason: "'s a good business to be in."  Jason felt better as he was not moving, beds were a nice thing too.  "Seriously though, Julie...next customer that has a bill issue?  Stabbing."

Illyana: "Customer?" Illyana wasn't sure she wanted to know.

Pietro: "Bill issue?" Pietro reappeared at Jason's bedside, "What the hell are you selling that makes stabbing people a good idea?"

Illyana: And Peeto was cussing?! Wow he was really not ok. Illyana backed up slightly, surveying the scene rather than being in it.

Jason: "Illyana didn't tell you about the stove running away?  So much for the viral market."

Pietro: "Have you been-... never mind, I just answered my own question."

Jules: Julie smiled awkwardly. "I think there's some people who are emotionally prepared for the life we have given ourselves." She threw in.

Jason: "I flew a beetle.  There's no preparation for that."  Jason muttered, deciding it was getting closer and closer to nap time.

Pietro: He decided to sit down and reconsider options. "Flew a beetle?" he looked to see what was taking McCoy so long.

Jason: "And then I was a kite!"

Illyana: Illyana didn't want to know. Really... really didn't want to know.

Pietro: "Right... well that's different..."

Jason: "Yeah, it is...sorry about the funeral issues today...I still think it's suspicious though."  Jason managed to get serious.  "Watch your backs...with that plus the Cassandra stuff there's something odd about the family going on."

Jules: "There's something odd about you going on." Julie pointed out smartly to Jason.

Illyana: Illyana looked to Pietro to confirm or deny the crazy.

Pietro: Pietro winced at the name too. Cassandra.... he really should go visit her. "Sorry, but I can't bring myself to really care right now, Jason...."
Jason: "Of course I'm odd, everyone knows that.  Just saying.  Be careful."

Pietro: "Always careful," Pietro told Jason.

Jason: "...and don't bait lizards.  I taught him though."  Jason smiled, pleased with himself as McCoy came in, not even questioning what was going on.

Illyana: "Never laugh at live dragons..."

Pietro: "Yeah, I could have worked that one out by myself..." Pietro ran a hand through his hair again.

Jason: Jason looked at Illyana.  "...what?"

Illyana: "JRR Tolkein... the Hobbit... Never laugh at live dragons... a lizard man is close enough." And Jason was supposed to read...

Pietro: Pietro smiled at Illyana.

Illyana: Illyana smiled back at Pietro.

Jason: "Great, I'm suddenly Bilbo Baggins...pipeweed?"

Pietro: "Not sure smoking is condusive to a speedy recovery....."

Jason: "But it'll feel like it."  Jason assured him.

Pietro: He got to his feet again, "If you say so... I'm going to go for a walk..." he headed for the door, "Try not to piss off anymore feral mutants today."

Illyana: Illyana patted Jason. "Get better." She hurried after Pietro.