8/7 Announcement: Chat's New Administration

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

As of August 6, 2010, Nightscrawlers Chat (chat.nightscrawlers.com) is an independent Internet Relay Chat (IRC) server and is no longer a part of the Shadowed Corner IRC Network. This change was inevitable; while Nightscrawlers Chat needed the resources of the Network (dedicated server, network services, open proxy monitor, etc.), we've always been a small, tight-knit community and have isolated ourselves from the rest of the Network as much as possible (hidden links, separate services database, etc.)

For quite a few months now, the Shadowed Corner IRC Network has been similarly decentralizing. Most servers had similarly dedicated followings and given the stability of the individual servers, there hasn't been much need for the load-balancing and redundancy that an IRC network provides. Additionally, while operators and users are focused on their community, they also are typically busy and part of a number of other communities on other networks as well. Because of this, some server administrators and users have chosen to leave the network and merge with other networks.

Because I'm the founder of the Network and administrator of the dedicated server on which Nightscrawlers Chat is running, Nightscrawlers Chat won't merge with another network; it would be an inconvenience to our users and I want to keep our small, tight-knit community the way it is. Therefore, Nightscrawlers Chat remains independent and because the Network administration is no longer necessary, its administration will be more closely tied with that of the Nightscrawlers forum.

Therefore, effective immediately, forum administrators (Paws, saint_kurt, and Slarti) are similarly server operators of Nightscrawlers Chat. Forum moderators will remain channel operators of #nightscrawlers. Chat conduct is at this time subject to forum rules until such time as the new forum administrators determine new rules. The server administrators and operators reserve the right to ban any user from the server for any reason, including but not limited to violation of these rules.

Please let me know if you have any questions. :)

Thank you,

-HoodedMan
Server Administrator
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

Feels like moving into your first own apartment :D
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Very cool HM.

I'm really to help out, but the server doesn't know who I am. Looks like I need a password reset. :)

-e
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

I've had the server send a temporary password to you via e-mail.

Also, the tl;dr (too long; didn't read) version of the above: Yay for Paws, SK, and Slarti! Yay for being able to make whatever rules we need to tie the server to the forum and promote a happy community without having to deal with anyone other than Nightscrawlers!
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.