First Look at the Green Lantern Film

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Check this out!

Hal Jordan (Ryan Reynolds) is now available for viewing via Entertainment Weekly! I think the costume is pretty cool looking but I'm hearing some fanboys are "getting sick" looking at it. LOL

They think it looks like he's got grein veins or something, and there's no white gloves.

Perfection is everything, right?? :smirk

I'm telling you if these Superboy Prime's got what they wanted the world would be boring as hell.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

-.- it's not hal jordan, it's supposed to be... but it's not, it's kyle reynor it saddens me
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

That's not Kyle..... That's Hal.

That's very much Hal. He's got the fighter pilot jacket on in some other pictures. Kyle is.... asian.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by JackSkulls »

bull shit it's hal, he looks NOTHING like hal, they FAILED at casting massively and you fail at reading green lantern!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

.... Wow.
Okay.
LOL, well... I happen to think he makes a great Green Lantern, and I'm quite excited. You haven't really even seen a trailer yet, so how can you surmise the character without having even seen a look at his acting in the movie?

Look! Green Lantern acting very Hal.

I'm all for it. I'm all in, I'm putting in my chips. The costume looks great, the technology is where it needs to be to make it work, and they could've done a lot worse than Reynolds (like Joseph Gordon Levitt or someone, who in the end should play Kyle if they did that.)
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by JackSkulls »

well you have fun watching Kyle Reynor.... oh oops I mean hal jordan :shifty but I still say you need to get your eyes checked cuz Reynolds looks nothing like Jordan :shifty
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

vs

one more time

vs

I dunno man... kinda hard to mess up a white, brunette, muscular dude. Just about anyone can play him appearance wise, it's all about whether he can PORTRAY him. And I'd rather see him as Hal over Wade any day of the week.
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by JackSkulls »

yeah seen those, so has my other friend who's read every green lantern out and my friend that just got into it, none of us see the resemblance

but it does look a lot like him

[Edited on 16/7/10 by JackSkulls]

[Edited on 16/7/10 by JackSkulls]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Well, I've been reading comics for a long time, and my friend Naj and my other friend Rei for a lot longer, and my comic shop owner even longer than both of them, and they all not only approve, but say that he's the only choice for right now. We had a fanboy discussion about who would actually be able to play Hal if not Reynods, and none of us could come up with someone who is visually accurate and able to portray the personality. This is what convinced Rei, being he was very on the fence, but after a long discussion of "can anyone else do it?" He realized it wasn't a poor choice. By any means.

I hope, for the benefit of such a great character, you are able to accept it later too, 'cause we really should support the awesome DC characters and not the flub ones (Blue Beetle, Supes, etc).
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by JackSkulls »

yay now we're doing he said she saids!!! :D
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Huh??

How?

I'm simply saying that everybody seems to be really into it, and I'm a first hand account, so it's not really he said she said, it's more like

"He said."

and then

"She said."
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by JackSkulls »

talked to muh woman you know the going to college art major, she can't see the similarities, she thinks he looks more like reynor too
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Okay, well that's fine. Both are opinions, just like mine, and I'm not saying you're blatantly wrong, I'm simply saying I don't get why you think he doesn't look like Hal, other than you repeatedly saying "he doesn't look like hal" everyone is essentially stupid for believing otherwise.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

I don't think Reynolds looks like Hal Jordan because, for one, he doesn't have the stupid comb-over thing going on. Plus, I don't think his hair is light enough, but I guess that depends on the pic of Jordan. He's not big enough. Like, his shoulders aren't broad enough. Jordan's jaw is really square, and Reynold's face is more rounded.

I also don't think his jaw is square or hair's quite dark enough for Reynor, but his and Reynold's builds are more similar. So, I think they look more alike than him and Jordan.

However, I don't read Green Lantern, so I only know what I'm told and what I've seen from pictures. I'll only be seeing it if the boyfriend wants to go. ;)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Oh, I can *totally* see what you're saying but at the same time, I think the acting is going to be what does this movie in. If Reynolds can't perform, it won't work.

But he's teaming up with Acting Giant Tim Robbins. C'mon now! TIM F*CKING ROBBINS!!! :P :cracked
BAMFCentralII
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BAMFCentralII »

I can buy this guy as Hal, physically, but most the films i've seen Ryan in his goofiness reminds me of Kyle so interesting to see how he will do the portrayal.

Okay definitely not a fan of the costume on the cover of the mag, likin the wardrobe that appears inside.

Cool find, thanks for posting. Intriqued to see what they do with the film, but def a Kyle fan myself, well at least his earlier version, i stopped reading him awhile ago when they started doin weird stuff to him. And after blackest night/ brightest day i def have no interest in Kyle, and really likin what they are doin with Hal. and sooo want to ask what happend to wally west, but i'll try not to go off topic.

Anyone remember when they talked of Jack Black doing this role???
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Wally is not Flashin' it right now, it's Barry. Bart is back to Kid-Flash (he came back from the dead during Darkest Night.)

I'll make a Darkest Night/Brightest day thread later and invite my DC-PRo friends to come in and fill up the empty spaces of info I don't have.

And I do remember Jack Black, and I remember that it was actually *serious*.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, Jack Black? Jack....Black? Jack Black the actor?

Image <-- This Jack Black?!

[Edited on 16/7/2010 by steyn]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Okay guys, moderator hat on here. It looks like I missed most of the back-and-forth yesterday, but I saw it today.

Our number one rule - respect. Calm down, stay civil. If I see further combative posting this will become an official warning.
BAMFCentralII
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BAMFCentralII »

lol let me know when you do your DC thread, i am a little lost on some DC stuff right now.

All i know is batman is coming, the robin i like is Red, the new robin is whiny, Superboy came back, wally is MIA, Barry is back, Hawkman/girl are an item again.. and Dead Man is well just Man now...

and to swing back to topic... um yeah Jack Black, it was suppose to be in a comedy vein. Came up during one of his "in" moments of hollywood.
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

JackSkulls wrote:-.- it's not hal jordan, it's supposed to be... but it's not, it's kyle reynor it saddens me
...Kyle Rayner
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

The New Robin is bad ass.

He's brooding, he's unpredictable, and he's incredibly violent.

He just beat up Joker with a crowbar (sound familiar? :smirk )
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

STEYN!

That picture of Jack Black:

"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

:LMAO Great picture JS!
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:The New Robin is bad ass.

He's brooding, he's unpredictable, and he's incredibly violent.

He just beat up Joker with a crowbar (sound familiar? :smirk )
Oooh.

You know, I need to get into batman. I've just seen all the movies, but I really want to know more.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro