X-Men: 2nd Coming (SAY WHAAAA)

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

The Nimrod sentinel originally had three fingers, he was probably surprised that his hand went back to his origninal/initial design
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

He was talking about Bastion, not Nimrod. Bastion's hands also became 3-fingered.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

And Bastion was originally the first Nimrod Sentinel, he was sucked into the Seige Perilous with Master Mold, (eh, it was the eighties) combining and becoming the Bastion that we all know and loathe :P
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

I had completely forgotten that the original Nimrod had three fingers. Bastion, however, has always had five fingers on both hands. After Kurt teleported Bastion's left arm off, it grew back with a three-fingered hand. Bastion seemed rather surprised by that, if the art was an accurate indication.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Wahnsinn wrote:I had completely forgotten that the original Nimrod had three fingers. Bastion, however, has always had five fingers on both hands. After Kurt teleported Bastion's left arm off, it grew back with a three-fingered hand. Bastion seemed rather surprised by that, if the art was an accurate indication.
Either that, or it's an artistic error. Sadly, that would not surprise me. It's not like there haven't already been a number of critical errors in this arc.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Such ass? (And I'm assuming you mean in terms of artwork?) My only problem with artwork is I don't think the artist in the funeral issue was appropriate, but I didn't see any outright mistakes.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Domino was shown at the funeral, when she was on the mainland at the time.

Elixir wasn't even supposed to be on the island, and he was shown once or twice all healthy and golden.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I have this issue. I have read it through many times. I plan on having Matt Fraction sign it next Monday when I see him at Midtown Comics in NYC.

Nowhere in this issue is Elixir or Domino shown. I'm thinking if Elixir had been he would've helped, which I'm still pissed about. You can argue Domino is to the right of Logan walking away in the final panel buuuut.... it's pretty shadowy. I'll ask Fraction when I get there.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Elixir isn't in Uncanny 524, but he is shown in the "food fight" issue sitting all healthy and golden in the cafeteria.

Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

Angelique wrote:
Wahnsinn wrote:I had completely forgotten that the original Nimrod had three fingers. Bastion, however, has always had five fingers on both hands. After Kurt teleported Bastion's left arm off, it grew back with a three-fingered hand. Bastion seemed rather surprised by that, if the art was an accurate indication.
Either that, or it's an artistic error. Sadly, that would not surprise me. It's not like there haven't already been a number of critical errors in this arc.
I'm pretty sure--digging through the comics at the moment is a tad impractical--that Bastion has retained the single three-fingered hand. I've been trying to remember to watch for that. But, yeah, there have been some artistic errors here and there. One would think the editors would pay attention to such things. :shifty
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Wahnsinn wrote:But, yeah, there have been some artistic errors here and there. One would think the editors would pay attention to such things. :shifty
Such as Colossus being there to hear that Kurt was dead, then suddenly, he is in sick bay with Kitty, and Magma (?) shouting, "Bring him back!!!" !!!

Kurt and Magma were such close friends.

:smirk
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I wonder where this is going...

Warlock not "feeling well".... uh oh.

Fixed the link here.... not sure why it was Skottie Young's drawing pad...

[Edited on 11/7/10 by Ult_Sm86]
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Speculation on one panel: either Colossus has picked up a new favorite language, Nightcrawler, in his last gasp, manifested a new power, or editors didn't notice that "Da" was misspelled "Ja."

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

... That's not Colossus.

It's a Vampire.

[edit]
My bad, I thought you were talking about the link to X-Men #1 previews.

Yeah, I dunno what you're talking about. However: this was the link I actually meant to post not the Skottie Young Live Drawing Pad.

I'm having copy/paste problems lately.

[Edited on 11/7/10 by Ult_Sm86]
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

Angelique wrote:Speculation on one panel: either Colossus has picked up a new favorite language, Nightcrawler, in his last gasp, manifested a new power, or editors didn't notice that "Da" was misspelled "Ja."
I vote for the last one.

That page of Hope with the arm is rather touching.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Wahnsinn wrote:
Angelique wrote:Speculation on one panel: either Colossus has picked up a new favorite language, Nightcrawler, in his last gasp, manifested a new power, or editors didn't notice that "Da" was misspelled "Ja."
I vote for the last one.
And of course that's just the sort of thing it's an editor's job to notice and keep from going to print.

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Considering "yes" and "no" are the first two words you learn in almost every language, I think it's laughable that Kurt and Piotr used "da" and "nyet" or "ja" and "nein" in the first place. Piotr messing up with saying yes -- maybe it's an unconscious thought of what Kurt would've done?

IDK... Marvel doesn't interest me much anymore. :(
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

Since "ja" doesn't sound wholly dissimilar from "yeah," I can see a German native retaining his usage of that word. Of course, that doesn't excuse the frequent misspelling of the word as "jah" or "yah." That and "was" often being spelled "vas" are rather irritating. If they're going to have characters randomly speaking in their native tongues, the least they could do is make sure everything's spelled correctly.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Dedicatedfollower467 wrote:...

Considering "yes" and "no" are the first two words you learn in almost every language, I think it's laughable that Kurt and Piotr used "da" and "nyet" or "ja" and "nein" in the first place. Piotr messing up with saying yes -- maybe it's an unconscious thought of what Kurt would've done?

IDK... Marvel doesn't interest me much anymore. :(
My first language is Afrikaans, second language is english, and I still use Ja instead of yes because it's in fact easier to say.
Try it out, it's fun! With ja, you just open your mouth in one movement to say it, but with yes you actually have to open and then close again to form the s at the end.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

As for me, the first words I learned in any of the languages I've had to use conversationally were never "yes" or "no," but greetings, courtesies, how to request assistance, and how to tell someone off.

So to me it's especially weird that Colossus would say "Ja" instead of yes or da.

[Edited on 13/7/2010 by Angelique]

Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

Maybe the creative staff was feeling all guilty and ended up thinking of Kurt while writing his buddy and totally failed to catch the misspelling because it was a subconscious act? :smirk
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Not really relevant, perhaps, but I say "Ja" still. It's kind of a hand-me-down from my mother and my German grandfather, and a Cincinnati idiom. Oddly, it has been corrupted over the last hundred years or so to sound more like "Yaw" or "Yow".
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

neling4 wrote:Oddly, it has been corrupted over the last hundred years or so to sound more like "Yaw" or "Yow".
That might depend on where you are. In my region of Germany, it sounds like "yah." The fun one is the shortening of nein to neh. I, on the other hand, am prone to dragging it out and giving my mother-in-law the giggles. There's nothing quite like a "Neiiiiiiiiiiiin!" to amuse her. :LOL
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

I guess I can see "ja" continuing -- I usually say "yeah" instead of "yes" (I'm from the Northwest of the US). "Ja" isn't that different of a sound, so I guess I can see Kurt continuing to use "ja."

As for Colossus saying "ja" I still have no idea how that happened or why. Maybe it's a little way of implying that Kurt's spirit lives on in his teammates?

POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

And am I correct in the information I heard that Nathan died? Is Cable really no longer with us? I thought they said only two X-Men were going to die, and I'm pretty sure he counts!
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Trigger
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Trigger »

SPOILERS FOR THIS AND LAST WEEK'S ISSUES:

Yup, he died last issue. This week was his funeral. I'm still bumming the the books off of a friend of mine. He time jumped one last time to get X-force home and that let the virus loose that killed him.

I do have to say though, that there was a really sweet scene in this week's installment between Storm and Logan. The two of them hanging out in Kurt's room reminiscing, it was really well done I think. And very in character for both Logan and Storm.

[Edited on 14/7/10 by Trigger]