My Amigurumi

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

My Amigurumi

Post by Rowena »

Hi Everyone! :wave

A couple of weeks ago I was looking up Nightcrawler pictures to sketch just to relieve some stress when I came across a photo of a 12-inch tall crochet Nightcrawler amigurumi someone had made a few years ago. I NEEDED that Nightcrawler doll but, alas, I could not crochet. Not only that, whoever'd made that Nightcrawler doll didn't put up a Nightcrawler doll pattern, not that I could understand it even if they had.

Frustrating. But, I NEEDED that Nightcrawler doll.

So, I bought a how-to-crochet-amigurumi book, set myself the task of figuring out crochet-language (it's pretty much math), and gave it a try. I made a fish, then a cat, then a giraffe from the book, then I figured I was ready to give Nightcrawler a try. Here's what I made:

[file]14234[/file]

I was so happy it actually came out looking like Nightcrawler that I decided to try Spidey next, just to see if I could do his costume.

What do you think? :ooh:

:bamf
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

My Amigurumi

Post by neling4 »

Cool!

Congratulations on a job well done, Rowena! Those are adorable.

Would you be willing to make more and sell them to us? I think all the bereaved Bamfers could use a Kurt doll to cuddle.

Perhaps you could offer them as bribes to the X-editors.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

My Amigurumi

Post by Rowena »

Thanks!! :D

I would be happy to make more Kurt dolls for my fellow bereaved Nightscrawlers, but I'd have to experiment with the pattern some more. I was sort of making it up as I went, and there are mess-ups you can't really see in the photo. I can play with it and let you know.

...But, well, I'll admit I need all the money I can get to help me out in Scotland, but how would I be able to sell them? :? Would I need to get special permission or something?

Maybe I could offer to make one for whoever wins the writing challenge, and extend the deadline to August?
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

My Amigurumi

Post by Jeremus »

Excellent!
I bow to anyone who can crochet and/or knit more than a single row of stitches. :worship

I've tried to knit a scarf before.....over twenty years ago.....which I actually finished for my Dr Who halloween costume (Tom Baker Dr Who and it took me a year!) After that my knitting skills fled and I have not been able to knit anything ever again. (I tried a Harry Potter scarf for a library display and I had to take it apart so many times I gave up and bought one.)

You did a great job! I'm amazed.

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My Amigurumi

Post by Angelique »

Most impressive. I've been having doubts, but the added incentive to come out of fanfic retirement will be more than enough motivation.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

My Amigurumi

Post by JackSkulls »

holy crap those are good!!!
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

My Amigurumi

Post by Elfdame »

Extreme want.

Ask Paty about who owns Nighty ... heh heh heh.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

My Amigurumi

Post by neling4 »

If you are offering them as incentives to write fan-fic, I am tempted, especially if you push back the cut-off date. I will be super busy for the next week or so and I don't think I will have the time before the 13th.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

My Amigurumi

Post by Rowena »

Well, I've been playing with the pattern and watching a lot of how-to stuff on YouTube and I think I can really improve the uniform, ears, hair and tail. I also tried an experiment in division and ended up with a really cute tiny Nightcrawler! Math can be so cool sometimes.

So, I figure I could offer a full-sized Nightcrawler doll to the writing contest's 1st place winner, and a little Bamf doll to the second and third place winners. But that means we'd need a lot more entries, and the winners would have to be willing to provide me with an address so I could mail the little guys.

What do you think?

[Edited on 11/6/2010 by Rowena]
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot