Summer 2012: J

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: The Boggy Man

Post by stjohn »

Confidence Cure

Monet: Monet hung up the last of her clothes from the cleaners and closed her closet door. Most of the students were taking clothes from their closets and putting them in suitcases for the break and yet, here she was putting clothes up instead of pulling them out. She shrugged and turned to face her bed, taking the cheap hangers from the cleaners and tossing them onto Noriko's bed. She might want them.

J: J made his way to Monet's room with his small bag of medical supplies, she was one of the few students that still hadn't got the cure/vaccine, and he wanted to make sure she got it before the break got into full swing. He knocked on her door and waited patiently as he straightened his suit once more.

Monet: Monet moved to the door and opened it, "Bonjour, John. Come in." She stepped aside and pulled the door the rest of the way open.

J: J gave her a smile and stepped in, "Salut Monet, how are you today?" He walked over and set his bag on the table, no need to rush, she wasn't going to relapse this instant. "I wanted to come by and see you before you left for summer break..." He looked around, seeing her clothes neatly put away in the closet. "You have not done much packing..."

Monet: "Of course not. Don't be silly. I never go away on break." She thought for a moment, "Although, I might be able to talk Jason into going somewhere exotic with me for the holiday." Monet smirked, "And just why did you want to see me? Beyond the obvious," she gestured at his medical bag. "Which is highly unromantic, in case you were wondering."

J: "Playing doctor can be fun." He said with a smirk, and then composed himself again. "But wanted to bring up your medicine. Not certain if you heard, but a cure has been found, and you are among the last to get it administered." He smiled, "But I am glad you are staying, I am too. Mostly. Going to visit my mother for part, but she only lives a few houses down the road from here..." He realized he was babbling and stopped.

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow, "Of course I’ve heard. But I’ve been a little busy recently." She sat on her bed and leaned over to pull open her bedside table's drawer, "I have something for you by the way."

J: "Oh... Yes, of course, I just haven't seen you very much lately..." He followed her over and sat next to her on the bed.

Monet: She pulled the box out and handed it over unceremoniously, "This will work nicely with a gift I purchased for Pietro a few months ago. It will all work into our rouse and make things a bit more interesting."

J: "Oh..." He opened the box to see the tie clip inside. "It's very nice... Thank you. I should get you something in return." He looked up at her, trying to imagine what he could get her that she would like, that she didn't already have. "To help with the cover...." He tacked on.

Monet: "That's completely unnecessary. Pietro has the matching cufflinks for that tie clip." She gestured at his bag again, "Let's get this over with, shall we?”

J: He nodded and brought the bag over, quickly pulling out a syringe and a small vial. "I brought two different forms, just in case the needle didn’t work." He explained. "Can you roll up your sleeve for me?" He asked her as he got the needle ready to try first.

Monet: Monet slipped her sleeve up her arm and held it by her shoulder. "It likely won't, but you're welcome to waste your time trying."

J: He nodded again, and ran his fingers along the crook of her elbow, finding the vein and then trying to push the needle in. Just as expected, it wouldn't go, and ended up bending the needle as well. "Well, worth a shot." He smiled and then offered her the vial instead. "Go ahead and drink this down, I have a juice box in my bag if you would like a chaser."

Monet: She arched an eyebrow and pulled the top from the vial, "I’m sure I’ll be fine. I’m a big girl." She drank it down quickly and made a face. "Disgusting." Monet passed back the vial, "How long does it take to 'cure' me?"

J: "Should take just a minute or so... There have been cases of slight side effects, but nothing major." He'd craved lemons and cream cheese for half an hour when he'd had his shot. Still wasn't certain what that was about. He put the vial and bag away. "Well, now that unpleasantness is over..." He smiled at her.

Monet: "Ah. Merci." She stared at him for a moment in slight expectation, "Was that all you wanted?"

J: "No... I haven't seen you in a while, and since most everyone is leaving for break, thought maybe we could do something while we are stuck here in New York." He said a bit apprehensively. "Keep each other company while everyone is gone?..."

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow, slightly intrigued. "If that is your way of asking me on a date, you are going to be highly disappointed with my answer. If you want my company, you have to step up to my level."

J: "Oh... Alright. Well... Would you like to go on a date with me then?" He asked, a bit more confident despite her previous answer. Can get dinner reservations anywhere you like, and can get into the Players' Club, which is a private theatre..."

Monet: Monet looked at her nails, completely uninterested. "That was only barely better than the previous." She glanced at him, "Do you want me?"

J: He nodded, "Yes." He bit his lip as he ran though a list of things he could take her to in the area. "What would you like to do?" He asked, still trying to think up something good enough to pique her interest.

Monet: "Then act like it. Don't be so timid, it's revolting." She leaned back on her hands and shrugged, "Something new."

J: He nodded again and ran through things in his head again. "Then we will go to Vitoli's for dinner, and then to the Players' Club for wine and a show." He said confidently, more so than he felt, but saying them helped him steel his resolve.

Monet: "Oh will we?" Monet managed to make her smirk seem amused on his behalf rather than pleased. "And how are you so sure that I will say yes?"

J: "I'm not, but that's my offer, all the same." He smiled back at her, "Let me know when I should pick you up." He added for good measure.

Monet: Monet grinned, "Alright. Next Friday at six. How does that sound?"

J: "It'll do." He smirked back, glad to see the smile on her face.

Monet: "Good. Because that's your only chance."

J: He nodded, and straightened up from the bed. "Well, I had better go make arrangements. If you get bored or lonely between now and then, you have my number." He smiled down at her and pocketed the tie clip, "And thanks again for the clip."

Monet: "it's all part of the game, darling. No need to thank me." She stood and took his face gently in her hands. "Be more sure of yourself all of the time, cher." Monet leaned in and kissed him, sucking at his lower lip for a few moments and then letting go and stepping away from him as if nothing had happened. "If you have any trouble with the arrangements, let me know and the date will be cancelled."

J: He was shocked for a moment, but covered his surprise with a nod, "There will be no problems." He told her assuredly. Even if there were, his powers would see to the rest. He took a step toward the door before stopping and going to grab his medical bag first. "Almost forgot." He said with a smile, and stopped again in front of her, wrapping his arm around her waist and giving her another kiss before walking towards the door.

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow as he stepped away from her, clearly amused. "You do catch on quickly. Au revoir."

J: J waved back at her and smiled, "Bonsoir." And closed the door behind him as he left.
Stjohn: did i walk in on yall doing :shifty?
* Bobby covers Lorna's goodies and whistles innocently.
Lorna: You see nothing!
Stjohn: pay no attention to the couple under the covers?
Lorna: There is no couple, no covers, and, on a different note, no spoon.
Stjohn: I don't believe you. I'm holding a spoon right now.
Lorna: Well damn
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by stjohn »

Selene: Selene couldn't shake the feeling that they were being watched. Therefore, she kept her eyes scanning the foliage that surrounded them. A frown played over her face when she spotted a quick movement on a nearby branch. Oh yes, I saw what you did there, Mr. Squirrel...

J: J lead the girls through the forest, and down the trails and beaten paths. He'd grown up playing in these woods, and was more than happy to be out in them once more. "We used to have a tree house down that way..." He pointed off to one side of the trail.

Selene: Selene blinked when J's voice pulled her out of her thoughts. "Do you think it might still be there," she asked.

Neena: "It would be cool to see it if it was," Neena stopped to pick up a leaf. "How long ago was that?"

J: "Um... About 3 to 4 years ago was the last time we played in it... It might still be there." He said with a smile, "You guys want to go see?" He asked eagerly, already ready to lead them off the path and through the brush.

Selene: "Sure, who doesn't love looking for abandoned creepy places in the dark corners of the woods," Selene remarked, slightly grinning to herself. "If it's still there, it would make the perfect lover's nest - where they'd inevitably get slaughtered by deranged forest-dwellers."

Tigra: Tigra crept behind the group, ears twitching to keep herself one step ahead. No surprises for her. She followed them as quietly as she could. Her territory. But they didn't seem dangerous... yet anyway.

J: J started to agree with Sel untill she continued, and then kept his lips zipped tight. "It is still quite sunny out... so not that dark of a corner yet." He said helpfully, "Just a bit father, and across that little creek up there..." He continued to point out interesting things they passed like an eager 5 year old showing his mom everything he'd found.

Tigra: She frowned at the mention of the creek. There was less cover there.... but she could make the jump. Maybe...

Selene: Selene balanced over a fallen tree as they walked deeper into the woods. "Don't get me wrong, I meant that in an appreciative way," she said. "Sounds as if I'd like it there."

Neena: "I was thinking more along the lines of a quaint tree cottage in the bright woods," Neena grimaced. "But now that you mention it, that does sound really creepy."

J: J led them across the small creek, and then around a small rise and then pushed back a large pine branch to reveal a sunlit clearing with fresh flowers showing and a huge old tree with a fort in the branches, a rope ladder hanging down and steps circling the trunk. "It's still here!!" He shouted happily as he held the branch back for the girls to pass through.

Tigra: Tigra waited til they crossed the creek and passed the tree line before leaping across the gap and landing with only a small rustle. She picked up their scents and continued to follow their trail. It was kinda fun to track people.

Selene: "Don't worry, you've got us to protect you from the eerie psychos," Selene told Neena, showing the other girl a wry smile. She paused, cocking her head slightly. "Unless I was supposed to be the psycho here. If those voices could be more specific only once."

Selene: "That looks as if it would make an excellent hideout," Selene commented as they headed towards the large, old tree. "I bet it would be even more intriguing at night."

J: "Um... What voices?" J asked curiously, ushering them through and then following behind. "A friend and I found this here when we were little... Almost no one knows it's out here." He agreed with Selene.

Tigra: Yeah, almost.... She stopped on the edge of the clearing, watching them from the shadows.

Neena: "Sometimes, Selene, only sometimes, you freak me out," Neena shook her head slightly.

Selene: "Hey, not all of us are so anti-social to ostracize our imaginary friends," Selene replied, smiling at J. "They don't like being ignored." She turned to give Neena the same smile. "Only sometimes? I'll take that as a challenge to try harder."

Tigra: Swish. Swish. Swish. Her tail swung from side to side as she crouched and watched them, leaning a little forward with interest. This 'Selene' seemed strange... imaginary friends? Curious.....

J: "Ha... I worry about a mutant with imaginary friends... You never know when they might not be so 'imaginary'..." He walked across the clearing and stood at the bottom of the ladder and steps. "Looks sturdy enough..."

Selene: Selene turned around, her gaze passing over the surrounding trees, before she decided to cross the clearing. She still felt as if she was being watched. On the other hand, she always did when she stood out in the open, so that was nothing out of the ordinary. "Don't even try to start with any 'Lady's first' crap here," she commented, eying the ladder.

J: He smirked, "I guess chivalry really is dead then..." Taking hold of the first few rungs he pulled, the rope stayed taunt, so he shrugged and pulled himself up quickly, vanishing into the hole in the bottom of the fort floor.

Tigra: She leaned back into the shadows as the woman's gaze passed over her location. Stripes were excellent camoflage. She slunk round the treeline and jumped up into one of the other trees. A couple of birds took off in fright. She froze.

Neena: "That...doesn't look safe," Neena gingerly took the ladder in her hand. Then again, if J could do it...She shimmied up the ladder, struggling a bit with the first few steps.

Selene: Selene already had her hand on the rope, ready to pull herself up after Neena and J, when the startled flock of birds made her freeze up. Then, her head turned around, eyes narrowing as she stared at the edge of the clearing again.

Tigra: Tigra kept perfectly still, even her tail stopped moving. However, she wasn't happy about her perch. It wasn't stable.

J: "Come on up Selene!" He called down to her, before starting to show Neena around the small fort, pointing out the railing, and where the best view was to look over the tree tops around there and such.

Tigra: Dumb birds. Not hungry right now. She watched Selene for a moment then turned her attention to the two on the fort since they were almost on the same level as her. She shifted her weight slightly. The branch creaked.

Selene: "I'm not sure we're entirely alone," Selene replied without looking up to J. "And I'm not talking about imaginary friends, either." She slowly turned her head to glance at the other two. "I think we're being watched by badgers."

J: "Badgers?" He asked incredulously and then shrugged. Selene is crazy... just have to accept that... He smiled and continued to show Neena around, "You should see the sun set over the trees.... It looks really really awesome..."

Neena: "This must have been a blast to play in as a kid," Neena marvelled. "I should have one of these built for Toni when she gets older. Every kid should have one."

Selene: "If you say so..." Selene frowned, suspicious about the creaking sound, but eventually began to pull herself up the rope. After all, badgers couldn't look up, so they'd be safer up there in case she was right.

Tigra: She moved again, trying to get closer to the trunk of the tree. And then the worst thing happened. The branch cracked. She panicked and leapt up to the next level, dislodging a few twigs and startling a few more birds. She clung to her new perch tightly.

Selene: Selene gave a startled squeak and scaled the rope faster than she had imagined possible, more or less tumbling into the treehouse and falling into Neena and J.

J: Even J heard the snap and crash as a large branch in one of the other trees broke and fell to the forest floor. "What was that?!" He said as Selene barreled into them, them collapsing in a heap with Selene on top.

Tigra: Nothing. It was nothing. Go about your business. She tried to calm herself, her tail swishing madly to maintain her balance and working out the nervous energy.

Neena: "That definitely wasn't a badger," Neena helped herself up after wiggling herself out from under J and Selene.

Selene: Selene sat up and looked around, either not registering or not minding the fact that she still sat on J. "You mean it could be something worse," she whispered at Neena. "Like, a clown?"

Tigra: She managed to calm down and moved along the limb towards the trunk. She wasn't as sheltered from their eyes here so she made herself as small as she could but with the angle of the sun, she was worried about her eyes reflecting the light. Though she wasn't going to stop watching them.

J: J's face flushed bright red as she stayed on top of him, but he went on anyway, "I don't think there would be a clown in these woods..." He made no move to unseat her, but stayed very still. "I'll do a quick scan to see if I can find anything..." Lightning flashed across his eyes as he sent out a surge of power into the nearby woods.

Tigra: Tigra tensed as she felt her fur stand on end. What the heck was that? She still didn't move.

Neena: "I mean it could be something larger than a badger," Neena whispered back.

Selene: Selene leaned over to the edge of the treehouse, cautiously peeking past the weathered old wood and out into the woods. She believed to see something sparkly reflecting the sunlight. "I know I should have paid better attention during that wildlife documentary," she said. "Does any of you know if we have cougars this side of the country?"

J: "Mostly small vertebra animals and birds... One larger animal... about... there." He pointed in the general direction of Tigra's hiding spot. "There are some preditors... But I should be able to shut them down if they come close..."

Tigra: Tigra bit her lip as she saw him point towards her. How does he know where I am...? She was a little worried about the 'shut them down' too. The black tip of her tail flicked from side to side as she watched them. They were too far away for her to sniff out their intentions.

Selene: "Larger animal?" Selene frowned, looking down at J's face. "Could you be more specific? As in... deer, bear, or raptor-big?"

J: "Not really... Animals are more difficult to read and understand... They don't think about themselves much, and do not often see their own reflection, so I normally can't tell what they look like. It's like hacking a calculator... easy to do, but you don't get much out of it..." He tried to narrow it down as he focused.

Tigra: Oh well at least they don't know I'm a mutant.... Though she was vaguely insulted at being called an animal. Her fur was still stood on end and it was a little uncomfortable now. She wanted to smooth it down but that would mean moving. Moving meant she could be spotted.

Neena: "I don't think there are cougars out here..." Neena shrugged, but looked wary. "Are there?"

Selene: "So, that pretty much leaves us with only one possible option," Selene explained, her gaze passing over the Neena and J. "One of us has to lure it away from the tree so that the others can escape. Predators can smell blood, right? So we should be fine if I jab someone on the nose and throw him out of the house."

J: "Not in these woods, though they are native to the area." Thank you boy scouts. "Want to..." He stopped as Selene came up with her plan, realizing who the 'him' was. "Um... I can climb down on my own if need be... And no need to make me bleed...." He added quickly.

Selene: Selene sighed and shrugged, looking at J. "Well, if you insist on taking all the fun out of it..."

Neena: "I think J will be fine without the blood," Neena stepped in. "No sense in ruining his nose over a racoon...or whatever it is."

Selene: She paused, frowning. "Or we could decide to go for a much insaner plan and stay up here to wait until it's getting bored and walks aways." Selene nodded slowly.

Selene: "It's better to always assume the worst," Selene told Neena. "For what we know, there might be a landshark waiting for us down there."

Tigra: Ha! Racoon! She managed not to laugh. She sure as hell wasn't moving before they did though.

J: He gave her a hurt look, and then smiled to Neena, "Thank you." He patted Selene's leg gently. "If you'll kindly get off of me, I will go check." He asked nicely and then added, "Landsharks at native to desert type areas, they are not common in temperate forests at all..."

Selene: Selene gave J a confused look, blinking a few times before she realized that she still sat on top of him. "Right, that will make things easier," she said, relocating herself to sit next to Neena.

J: J stood and brushed himself off, straitening the press mark on his slacks. "Ok... I'll climb down, and be back in just a moment." He told them confidently, and then switfly climbed down the ladder. "Wish me luck!" He called up to them as he climbed down.

Tigra: Nonono! Stay in your tree! I'll stay in mine! Go away! She couldn't help the low growl that escaped her.

Selene: "Good luck," Selene half-heatedly called after him. "And remember, if a bear attacks you, kick it in the nuts. I've seen that on youtube."

Neena: "I'm pretty sure the guy that did that got mauled," Neena said.

Selene: "But the bear wasn't hungry any more," Selene explained. "I thought that was the point."

J: At the mention of bear J got a little more aprehensive, there might very well be a bear. He hit the ground and got his bearings again, and started slowly towards the area he sensed the larger animal from. He focused and narrowed his search with each step, working out quickly it was female, and then feline. I wonder if Hepz is playing with us... He thought for a moment, but disregarded it, he knew her mental signature already.

Tigra: Tigra's tail tapped against the trunk of the tree as she watched him closing in on her. Her claws digging in to the wood. She was torn. Jump down and confront them when she was this out numbered? Or run away?

Selene: "Perhaps we should make a break for it," Selene suggested, leaning over to Neena. "Remember, whatever it is, we don't have to outrun it. We only have to outrun J."

Neena: Neena opened her mouth to say something but decided against it. She was too horrified in general at the thought of J getting mauled by a bear. Or worse, her getting mauled and Toni left at the mercy of Ben's insane family.

J: J made his way slowly to the base of the tree, the presence he could now tell wasn't hiding behind the tree, but was in the branches. He looked up and could see almost cause of the foliage. "Hello! Anyone up there?" The 'animal' definately had higher brain function, so he would have to start thinking differently. He sent to the girls in the tree house.

Selene: A frown briefly showed on Selene's face as a thought crossed her mind. "Maybe I should have gone," she said in a strange fit of heroism. "After all, I believe I'm less squishy than J."

Tigra: No. No one's here. She remained still, perched on her branch. She caught her tail so it's anxious swishing wouldn't betray her.

Neena: "I don't know whether to be relieved or more worried," Neena muttered.

J: He sent up into the branches when he heard her thoughts. He added and waited patiently with his arms crossed, peering up into the tree.

Selene: "So it really is a deranged wood-dweller," Selene mused, her voice barely audible. "Don't worry," she called down to J, completely oblivious to the fact that she could just have contacted him telepathically. "I'm well-suited for dealing with psychos."

Tigra: Her fur stood up even higher. He could hear her thoughts?! She climbed further up. Safer up there. My tree.

J: He asked very nicely, lacing his thoughts with friendly feelings.

Selene: Selene sensed that J was communicating with someone. "Or maybe it isn't a psycho-killer after all," she told Neena.

Tigra: She paused in her climb. Maybe they weren't trying to hurt her? She cautiously started back down again, stopping when she reached the level a couple of feet above his head.

Selene: Selene perched at the edge of the tree-house, her gaze focused on the tree J was seemingly talking to. Then, she definitely noticed movement.

J: He saw the form start to materialize as she came closer. "Hello! Can you speak verbally? My name is J, what is yours?" He asked with a smile and a friendly voice.

Tigra: Verbally? Oh yeah. They prefered that. She bit her lip, "T-Tigra..." She managed. It had been a while since she'd heard her own voice. Sounded funny. She perched on her branch and leaned to peer at him, blinking huge green eyes at him. Hadn't been this close to another person that wasn't trying to hit her with something for a while either.

J: "Tigra? That is a very pretty name." He saw her huge green eyes and coloration, and mentally checked himself from reacting, "Very fitting name. What are you doing up in that tree?" He asked curiously.

J: He sent to the girls still at the tree house.

Tigra: "Watching." She sniffed the air a little.

Selene: Selene's eyes widened for a moment when she heard the strange stranger speak, then continued to stare at the fuzzy person. When she registered J's mental message, she blinked a few times, then simply hopped out of the tree house, landing on the ground. She immediately looked up again.

J: "Watching us?" He looked around, using large slow motions telegraphing what he was doing. "There is not much else out here to watch, is there?"

Neena: Neena followed more cautiously, careful not to kill herself going down the rope ladder. Not that she could...but it was habit. She tried not to stare, like Selene was doing, but it was a hopeless venture.

Tigra: "Yes. You." She looked over at the other two, tensing a little while she tried to figure out if they were friendly or not.

Selene: While she watched the decidedly feline person, Selene couldn't help but wonder whether Hepz had any siblings she had never told them about. "Hello," she dryly stated, obviously not as relaxed as J.

Tigra: Tigra tilted her head, regarding Selene. She sniffed at her too.

J: "How did you end up in these woods?" He asked, finally realizing that she had a thin layer of fur, and only a bit of tattered clothing. His face went immediately bright red as he looked away suddenly.

Selene: Selene frowned when she was sniffed. "Stop it," she said.

Tigra: She blinked at Selene then turned her attention back to J. "Live here." She moved along her branch, watching them all for any sudden movements.

Neena: "I didn't know Hepzibah had relatives," Neena said, half to herself. She didn't think she wanted to be sniffed like Selene, though this new...person...looked relatively harmless.

Selene: The lack of clothing also made it obvious that the fuzzy feline person was definitely female. "For how long," Selene asked this Tigra-person.

J: "Me neither..." She wears about as much clothing too... He fought with his shy streak for a moment and looked back up at her. "You live here in the woods? When did you start living here?" He sent to Selene and Neena.

Tigra: "Um..." She paused in her patrolling of the branch trying to remember how many winters it was, "Two?" She guessed, "I think... two years... maybe..." She smoothed down her fur a bit.

Neena: "Where did you live before?" Neena asked gently.

Tigra: She frowned a little, pausing in her grooming. "From Chicago..." She licked the palm of a hand and used it to flatten the fur on her stomach.

Selene: So at least she wasn't completely feral, Selene concluded, even though she arched an eyebrow at the grooming. More or less, anyway.

Selene: "I assume she got lost on the way to Xavier's," Selene remarked. "I've read the directions they give in their acceptance letters. They're definitely confusing. I'm surprised the woods here aren't littered with stray mutants."

Tigra: "Xaviers?" She looked up from her task, "Directions?" She blinked at the girl, "Followed the road... New York..."

J: "That would certainly explain it..." His face stayed red as she ran her hand over herself. "Are you hungry?"

Selene: "That's not meant as an encouragement to eat us, by the way," Selene quickly added.

Tigra: She raised an eyebrow, "You implying I can't feed myself?" She narrowed her eyes. "Cause I can."

Neena: "Not at all," Neena cut in diplomatically. "But you have to admit that the most self sufficient people who live in woods can't replicate the results of a fully stocked kitchen. We're just offering you some refreshment."

J: "I believe you, else you would have died here roughly 2 years ago. But I'm certain we can find something you might like up at the school if you'd care to come along."

Selene: "She's so going to eat my lemon pie," Selene mumbled to herself.

Neena: "Well then make another one," Neena nudged Selene. "This poor girl's been out here without decent food for two years. The least we can do is give her some pie."

Tigra: "School?" Her tail betrayed her interest, she turned her head to look at Selene, blinking slowly. She wasn't going to dignify that with a response. Since when did cats eat lemon pie?

Selene: "The big house, around half an hour in that direction," Selene raised her arm and pointed into the woods.

Tigra: "That's a school?" Finally satisfied with her grooming, she hopped off the branch and onto the floor where she sat in a crouch.

Neena: "Yes, and if you like you can come with us and get a good meal," Neena said. "And some clothes too."

Selene: "The latter is optional, though," Selene remarked.

Tigra: "Clothes?" She looked down at herself, "Eh. These're fine..." Though they could maybe do with a proper wash with powder and hot water... Food sounded good too. Food without feathers. Steak. Mmmmmm. "Got Steak?"

J: J kept his mouth shut about the optional and her clothes being 'fine'. "I believe we do..."

Selene: "Yes, there's a lot of steak," Selene said, breathing a inaudible sigh of relief. Her lemons seemed safe. "And also others who are a lot like you."

Tigra: "I like steak..." her eyes glazed over and her mouth watered just thinking about it. She shook herself. "More like me?"

Neena: "Quite literally, actually," Neena said, thinking of Hepzibah.

Selene: "Oh yes," Selene confirmed, giving a nod. "We have cat-people, dog-people, and even parrot-people."

Tigra: She straightened up, standing at her full height. Which again felt weird. Steak... "Okay."

J: "We even have people-people" He said jokingly.

Tigra: "I'll come..." She took a hesitant step towards them, "No funny business...."

J: "Oh not to worry, that was about the best I have for funny..." He smiled, and led the procession back to the school.
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by stjohn »

J: J led her back through the hall to where they started in the Kitchen, "And that is the whole of the school." He said cheerfully, having given the grand tour a number of times he was getting quite proficient at it. "If you have any trouble finding your way, just follow your nose to the kitchen... there is almost always someone in the kitchen... Of course it's empty now... But summer just started, and many of our students are gone for the break."

Tigra: "Don't get lost..." She sniffed at everything they passed. So many strange smells! In-doors-y clean smells and people smells and cooked food smells. It was almost overwhelming.

J: "Oh, well that certainly does cut down on newbie excuses for skipping class." He smirked, "So... What do you think thus far?" He walked over and took a seat on one of the stools by the island.

Tigra: "Nice..." She looked around the kitchen. All the shiny things she'd almost forgotten how to use. She opened a cupboard to look inside.

J: "Oh right... Hungry yes? I am not the best chef in the school, but I am quite competent if you'd like me to make something for you." He said as she started to look around.

Tigra: She turned her head and closed the cupboard, "Steak?" She said hopefully, moving over to the sink and poking at the taps, jumping back when the water gushed out and sprayed her. "Eeek!" She shut the water off and tried to wipe it from her fur with her hands.

J: "That I can do." He nodded and moved to the freezer, pulling out one of the packaged steaks and put it in the sink to thaw for a moment. "Would you like anything to go with it?" He rooted around to see if there was anything he was hungry for, and decided to wait till later.

Tigra: She shook her head, "Just steak is fine." She contiued to brush at her fur. Wet. Ew. She went to look in the fridge, opening and closing it a few times to watch the light turn on and off. Electric lights were something she hadn't seen in some time never mind gotten to play with. She giggled then spotted the milk. Mmmmmm....

J: J ran some warm water over the steak and pulled it out when it was thuroughly thawed, then took a skillet and tossed it on the stove. "What kind of seasoning for the steak? A-1, bbq, honey bbq?"

Tigra: She shook her head, sniffing at the milk. She pulled the bottle out, her eyes huge. "I missed milk..." She looked at the steak on the stove and pondered it for a moment, "Don't cook too much..." She wasn't sure how her stomach would take to cooked food - let alone steak. She'd been living on pigeons for some time. No one missed them. They'd miss a cow.

J: "Ah... Right." He shook his head, he'd never understand the feeding habbits of ferals. "You can get a glass from up there..." He pointed to the cabinet with the cups, wanting to break any habbit or thoughts of drinking from the carton at once.

Tigra: She gave him an awkward smile then went to get one. She lifted one as carefully as she could - worried about dropping it because of the fur on her hands. She put it on the counter then took the cap off the bottle of milk and poured some into the glass just as carefully. Now she just had to remember how to drink out of a glass. She eyed it warily.

J: J watched her struggle with the glass and milk, "You arlight there?" He asked with a smile. He flipped the steak, getting it sears on each side, but not really cooked much at all.

Tigra: "I... er..." she looked up at him, "Haven't... been a while..." she chewed her lip. "No glass in the woods..." She put the milk back in the fridge and closed the door managing to resist the temptation to play with it again.

J: "Well, yes... That's makes sense." He smiled, and went to grab a plate and silver ware. He pulled the steak off and onto the plate and set it on the counter beside her and her milk. "You will get used to things again, your associative memories will kick in and you will be able to remember all kinds of things you didn't even remember you forgot." He said encouragingly.

Tigra: She nodded, "Didn't talk for two years. Remembered that." She picked up the steak and bit into it. "Mmmmmm....." she sat down on the floor, curling round her steak and purring loudly.

J: "Well that is very impressive, and you are doing quite well thus far." He smiled and crouched down next to her, not wanting to sit on the floor, but not wanting to stand with her at his feet either. "So... What made you come to New York from Chicago? Must be quite a story as to how you ended up in the woods..." He asked idly as she ate.

Tigra: She shrugged, "Didn't wanna go to vegas?" She chewed on the steak some more. "Wanted college... gotta have a job." Because my parents won't pay unless I stop being furry.... She glared at the patch of floor in her eyeline.

J: "Ah... Well, you don't have to worry about that now, do you?" He asked with a smile, trying to lighten her suddenly darker mood. He stayed wary though, he'd seen what a disturbed feral could do many times, and they still frightened him to some extent.

Tigra: She looked up at him, "Huh?" Her tail tapped on the floor, "I don't?" She chewed on the last bit of her steak while watching him.

J: "You are a mutant, Tigra, this is a school for mutants. After we get you a meeting with the professors, you will be able to attend school here." He explained to her. "Free of tuition even, it is really quite a deal. Sadly you got here just at the end of the semester, like I said, so there are no classes, or many students even, for the next few months."

Tigra: "Free college?" She blinked at him, "What's the catch?"

J: "No catch. Just have to be a mutant, and willing to at least pretend to go to classes apparently." He smirked, there were some people who rarely saw the inside of a classroom.

Tigra: She frowned, swallowing the last piece. His scent didn't indicate a lie. "Wow..." She reached up for her glass. "They let you do that? Just walk in?"

J: "Pretty much. We find people by happenstance like how we found you, or we find them through other means and offer them the chance." He stood and got the glass down for her, handing it over carefully. "You must have been very hungry... You all but inhailed that steak." He joked.

Tigra: "Gotta eat fast when you live out there... never know what'll try to steal your dinner." She held the glass in both hands and carefully tipped it to sip, concentrating so she didn't spill it. She definately needed to practise this one.

J: "Aww... I can't imagine there being too many predetors out there that can match a feral mutant." He watched her focus on the glass as she took a drink. I hope they don't make me clean up after her... He thought with an amused little laugh.

Tigra: "Doesn't mean they won't try..." She put the empty glass down and was pleased she didn't spill. "Guess I should work on slowing down..."

J: "Well, yes, that couldn't hurt. You don't have to worry about anyone stealing your food here." He thought for a moment, "Well, most of the time..." Visions of Darren coming through the floor and wrecking the concesion table still fresh in his mind.

Tigra: She grinned fangily at him, "Well with other ferals about I should watch my back anyway...." she got to her feet and put the glass on the counter by her unused plate and cutlery. "If I stay here.... maybe should get my clothes cleaned too...." she tugged at her top.

J: J nodded, "Yes... Most likely... Might be able to find something else you might like to wear as well." That top barely covered anything as it was. "But it would be good to at least be wary with the other ferals... They can be territorial, or so I'm told..." He said helpfully.

Tigra: She nodded, "Yep." She sure was. "I like my clothes." She patted what was left of her tank top and hotpants. They'd been through a lot together. "Wearing much more than this isn't comfy...."

J: "Aw... Well, maybe we can find you a new top and shorts at least that are a little less worn? Can keep those certainly, but a change of clothes would be good, maybe?" He didn't want to anger or upset her, but new clothes were definately in order.

Tigra: "Maybe..." She chewed her lip, "But not now..." She went to lick her fingers clean then remembered that was generally frowned upon so she moved over to the sink, turning the tap carefully this time.

J: He nodded, "Alright." and smiled, "Well, took care of hunger and thirst, anything else you'd like to do or see before we find you a room for the night?"

Tigra: "A room?" She hadn't even thought of that, "I get one?" She turned the tap off and looked for a towel.

J: He pointed to the hand towel hanging from the oven door. "Uh huh, everyone gets a room, and a roommate. Though, during the summer time, most people leave, like I said, so you might get to end up with your own room for a little while."

Tigra: "Oh..." She picked up the towel and carefully wiped her hands dry. "Haven't slept inside for a long time... bit strange...." She gave him a nervous smile.

J: "A nice soft bed should be a pleasant switch then." He smiled back, "Well... Would you like a room? Or would you like to wander around a bit more?"

Tigra: "Er... I... um...." She chewed her lip, her tail lashing from side to side. "Don't know..." She never had this much choice.

J: "Can go kill time in the rec room... Watch TV or movies, or can go..." Library? No. Swimming pool? No. "Well, I can't think of much else that'd be fun at the moment..." He shrugged.

Tigra: "TV?" she hadn't seen a tv in a while, "Um... okay... Hmm.... maybe have some catching up to do....." she pulled her hair over her shoulder and let it run through her hands a few times, trying to calm herself down. It was only a house. She'd lived in one for eighteen years of her life. It was no big deal.

J: "Alright, sounds like a plan. Just follow me and we'll go see what's on." He smiled and lead her out of the kitchen and down the hall to the rec room.
Raven Hare
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Talking Pussy

Post by Raven Hare »

J: J packed a few things into his small suit case. Most of the stuff he was leaving here, if he really needed his books or other clothes, he could walk the block or so back over and get it. "There we are." He smiled and zipped it up, and then went to get his laptop, it was a must take.

Kitty: Kitty had Lola tucked up in her arms as she made her way to the boys' dorms, cringing as she slinked past Hector's room. When she came up on J's door, she smiled a little and knocked on the door. "Hey J, you home?" she smiled.

J: "Come in! I'm still here." He called out as his laptop slipped into his briefcase, and zipped it up as well. "I thought you would be on the road by now?" He asked as she came in.

Kitty: Shaking her head, Kitty's smile turned into a disappointed frown. "I was supposed to be, but my car broke down on me." She sat down cross legged on his roommate’s bed scritching the bunny. "At this point, I'm just going to have to fly home - but dad will have to send me the money for the plane ticket. My credit card limit doesn't go that high," she sighed, frustrated. "And then there's paying extra for Lola and the baby to travel."

J: "Oh wow... Lots of complications there..." He took a seat on his own bed across from her. "Is he going to be able to afford it? If need be I can watched the little ones for you. I'm staying here and at mom's house all break." He offered.

Kitty: "Oh, well maybe you could watch Lola. But my sister is going to take Little Bit." She made a face. "Yeah, nothing like having your car konk out on you to put a crimp in your plans." She shook her head. "But you're going to spend some time with your mom? Tell her I said 'hi!' What about your dad?"

J: "Not sure about dad, he's really busy most of the time. So if he has time I might fly down and see him. But I will most definitely tell mom you said 'hi'." He smiled and ran through the knowledge in his head, "I could probably take a look at your car too... Forge's ability makes tinkering very easy. Can't make any promises on how soon I can get it fixed, but should be at least as good as new. What say you?"

Kitty: "I'd love that!... but..." Kitty chewed her lip. "Are you sure that's a good idea? I mean, his memories kinda messed you up for awhile didn't they?" She didn't want J to do anything that might hurt him. Lola nosed her, begging for more scritching.

J: "Oh, it will be fine. His powers and his memories are seperated, it's the memories that bother me occasionally. He had a very forceful personality." He smiled, "Think that's why he comes out on occasion. But I have his power on constantly, one of the reasons I do so well in some of the science classes. Be surprised how easy and quick it is to do some of that stuff with a bit of mutant power helping along."

Kitty: "Yeah - some of us have to do it the old fashioned way," Kitty said in a near whiney voice. She'd gotten all A's. But she'd worked for every single one of them. "Yeah, I like Professor Forge." Her faced clouded over remembering how he'd died. She and J had just enrolled. What an intro to the school that had been.

J: "I do as well, I just sometimes wish he was not so pushy." He joked, trying to lighten the suddenly dark mood. "But I work hard for my grades just the same... Yes I can pull knowledge from all kinds of people, but you have to know which person has what you need!" He laughed a little.

Kitty: Kitty laughed, more to keep J from feeling like he had to cheer her up than anything else. "Good save," she teased. "Ok - if you're sure it won't do bad stuff to your brain, I'd love for you to take a look at her. Hector had a friend tow her in last night..." She was still inwardly cringing from her really, really bad case of foot in mouth disease on their way home. "He gave me a ride home after I got stranded."

J: "Oh, well that is good. Always good to get help when in need." He smiled, "Glad you made it home safe at least." He nodded, "Should have her good to go before you get back from home."

Kitty: "Yeah - I would have been in some serious crap where I broke down, seeing as I forgot my cell phone. Hector just happened to be there and saw me." She put Lola down to hop around a bit. "Must have been his good deed for the day," she joke although the really didn't think Hector was as bad as everyone thought he was. "But, at least this way I'll have time to go get vaccinated before I go home."

J: "Oh right, the shot is very quick... Just need to give yourself about an half hour window, just incase there are any minor side effects..." He was a bit suspicious of Hector 'just happening' to be in the right place at the right time, but it passed quickly. "Could even send an extra home with you... I remember you had concerns about your little sister contracting the virus..."

Kitty: Kitty nodded frowning. "I'll ask mom. Right now, she's not been tested - but it doesn't look like she got the gene. In fact, no one else in my family seems to have it - just me." So far her parents had managed to avoid having Lizzie tested, but it was getting harder to manage it. "What kind of side affects?"

J: "Oh... Alright, well, that is good then." He smiled again, "Oh... nothing major... just sometimes slight skin irritation, discoloration of skin pigment, one student turned into a frog for a few minutes..." He waited a beat, "He got better..."
Kitty: Her eyes went wide, suddenly remember Jay had been turned blue by the vaccine. Suddenly she wasn't so sure abou the whole vaccine thing. "Frog..." When she realized he was kidding, she reached over and smack him on the shoulder. "Stop that!"

J: He rubbed his shoulder, his grin wide, "Sorry... Couldn't help it. You should have seen your face though..." He chuckled to himself a bit.

Kitty: "Butthead!" She stuck her tongue out at him. "And here I was about to invite you to come down and meet my family," she said in a mock huff, the laughed. "But seriously, we're going to be going on our annual Disney World trip. My mom has been wanting to meet you every since you sent us that Hannuak card," she grinned. "She's still convinced you must be Jewish."

Kitty: "I mean, it's not glamorous or exciting - but we always have fun... inbetween the fighting and hair pulling," she joked, picking Lola back up.

J: "Ha... Well then, if you are going to act that way..." He joked, "But that sounds like a lot of fun... Hopefully a bit safer than our last trip to the magic kingdom..." He put on a thoughtful face, "You know... I probably have at least some Jewish memories up there somewhere..." He conceded.

Kitty: "Just be careful pulling them out. Remember - my mom is the original match maker. She's not nearly as cool as your mom. And you can NOT tell her that I eat bacon cheese burgers. I will kill you - like literally kill you if you tell her," she warned, laughing.

Kitty: She screwed up her face at the memory of the DR going nuts on them. "You know, I still won't stepped foot in the DR. I don't care how safe they say it is now. That place tried to kill me at least three times, maybe four if you count the time it attacked Darren when Jay and I were there."

J: "Oh I know, I've thought about going in there to tinker with the system a bit, but after what Darren has done to it, I've decided I will focus on my own toys to play with, as it were." He smiled, and wondered if there was anything he could blackmail her for about the bacon cheese burgers. "But it would be nice to see your family again at any rate."

Kitty: Kitty grinned, "That would be so awesome to have you there! I promise to keep my mom off you - " She cringed. Damn, she what was wrong with her?? "Away from you! Keep her away from you."

J: "Oh, well that's good... I am certain your dad would appreciate your mom not being on me." He laughed, "I mean, I guess I could Jedi mind trick him again, but that wouldn't be a very ethical use of my power." He mimicked the teachers voices, they'd all heard that talk repeatedly.

Kitty: She giggled at first, then stopped. Her head cocked to one side with a little frown. "Wait... again? What do you mean 'again'?"

J: His eyes went wide, just realizing he'd still never told her what he had done, "I... Oh man... I'm sorry... I meant to tell you a long time ago..." He ran his hand through his hair in a bit of desperation. "I might have tinkered with your father's head to make it to where he always agreed with you... So you could come to the school." He explained, wincing as he hoped she wasnt too mad.

Kitty: "So..." Kitty tried to wrap her head around that for a moment with a thoughtful look. "So, Daddy was gonna say 'no', and you did your brain-zappy thing to change his mind??" She frowned a bit.

J: "He might have said yes anyway... But it would have taken a lot longer... IF he said yes." He conceded, "I have been meaning to tell you that for a while... But I kept putting it off..."

Kitty: She thought long and hard for a moment. "Well, I guess there's only one question I need to know..."

J: He bit his lip as he watched her, trying to gauge her reaction. "What is that?" He asked finally.

Kitty: "Can you get David to give me back my grandfather's pocket watch??"

J: J ran through his memory, and remembered that was her ex. "Oh, if he still has it that wouldn't even be a problem." He smiled, "Can add anything else you might want, fixing his personality for the next girl, as well."

Kitty: A thousand evil ideas ran through her brain at the thought of that. "First the pocket watch. Then, I'll worry about 'fixing' him," she grinned and threw an arm around his shoulders. "But no more zappy thinging my family, k?"

J: He grinned back and slipped his arm around her waist and gave her a hug, "Oh.. Alright... Untill you say otherwise..." He laughed, "Ever wanted a more compliant and friendly little sister?”

Kitty: "That that is a tempting offer," she grinned and hugged him back. "So, what else do you have planned this summer besides visit your mom and come to Disney World - if you want?"

J: "Not much really..." He bit his lip, and decided to keep the date with Monet to himself for now, "Just hang out, see if I can help house train the new cat girl." He joked, "Might go and see if there is anything I want to study for the summer, and do an independent study, or find someone to copy from anyway."

Kitty: "J," she said in a lecturing voice. "You should do your own work." They had separated by that point and Lola was following Kitty around as she meandered around the room. "Another cat girl? What? Hepzibah has a sister or something?"

J: "I am not certain if they are related... This one is a tiger feral, Hepzibah is more like a house cat." He said objectively. "Buuutt.... If I have to track down the person, that is me doing my part of the work." He laughed, "If I have these gifts, might as well get something out of them, right?"

Kitty: "Even if you're a wiz on a calculator - you still need to know how to work the problem on paper," Kitty put her hands on her hips, feeling a little too much like her naggy mom. "Having the memories of someone else is no substitute for having your own," she scolded.

J: "Well, no, of course not, but if you don't take advantage of a gift you've been given, why have it?" He countered. "I study hard when I have to, but with my power, I already have literal full life times worth of studying done on all different fields of science, history, math, english, multiple languages, art, martial arts, music."

J: "It's like having youtube instructional video's stored in your head, just have to find the right person to get the info from, and then watch it whenever you need a refresher."

Kitty: "Uh huh..." Kitty answered, not sure if she was more disapproving or jealous. "Just make it even more embarrassing when I still get a higher GPA than you," she grinned.

J: "Oh like that is going to happen." He smirked, "Best any of you mere mortals can hope for is to tie." He joked.

Kitty: "Now you sound like Monet," Kitty retorted, rolling her eyes and picking up Lola.

J: "Oh dear Heaven's no." He laughed, "I'm not that bad." He went a bit red at the comparison though. "Well, bring Lola along, and lets go have a looksee at your car, see if we can get her going again."

Kitty: Kitty smiled broadly. "That would be great! I don't think it's anything too major. Maybe just the alternator... or transmission... or maybe it's the engine..." she joked walking with him to the door.

J: "Oh right, nothing major. Like the radio, or the vanity mirror." He nodded as they walked out.
:hepz :kitty
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Darren: "Well, that was reletively painless," Darren said, waving bye to Anna as the jet took off, "Okay, rendevous with the newb in about six minutes, how're you finding the ride so far, fuzzball?" He asked over his shoulder at the new girl.

Tigra: "My name is Tigra." She glared at him, "And it's fine, I've been on a plane before..." She sat crouched on the seat, swinging her tail from side to side as she watched out of the window.

Darren: "And my name is Famous Ultimate Cool King Eternal Regent, but for some reason people call me by amusing nicknames," Darren said, grinning in a self-effacing way.

Tigra: Tigra rolled her eyes, "Don't make fun of me, I might take it out on the upholstery,"

Darren: "I make fun of everyone, why should you be so special? And why should I care, you'll be the one who'll had to repair it."

Tigra: "It'll be your fault." She wrinkled her nose, "I don't think I like you very much."

J: "His name is Darren." J told her from the co-pilot seat, trying to act the mediator. "And there is no need to take it out on the upholstery." He gave Tigra a smile, Cause I'd have to clean it up most likely regardless...

Tigra: Tigra turned to grooming herself. She quite liked how the black of her new skirt and halter top looked against her fur. She definately had to thank Selene.

Darren: "My name is God, and the word of God is, we're there, y'all," he pulled a face at that but shook it off, as he preped for landing.

Tigra: "Ohh yay!" She hopped off her chair and waited for the door to open.

J: "Please not too much blasphemy before we are out of the plane... I do not want to be too close when the bolt hits..." He smirked and unbuckled himself.

Adam: Adam had his arms folded, scowling as he scanned the sky. It was a little windy and cloudy, the rolling landscape covered in bending grass. He didn't want to leave Ireland.

Darren: "It's not blasphemy if it's true," Darren grinned as the plane desended from on high, "Aha, that looks like our guy down there."

Darren: "Man, and I thought I looked alternative," he added.

Tigra: Tigra turned to look out of the window, flexing her toes, her claws scraping on the floor. "Has he got green hair?"

J: "That is actually sort of scary... Can we just tell them we could not find him?" He asked with a short back of a laugh.

Adam: He looked back to where the two social workers were waiting with the car, before spotting a plane. Well...that didn't look standard at all. His eyes widened as it got closer. Surely...that wasn't military spec, it couldn't be...he dropped his arms, rubbing his hands together nervously.

Tigra: The irony of her thinking someone else's hair was a funny colour was not lost on her and she giggled.

Darren: "Scarey? Say's the guy who used his mind bullets to knock out ten guards?" Darren raised an eyebrow at his co-pilot as the plane landed smoothly.

J: "But at least I dressed well to do it." He grinned.

Tigra: "Mind bullets?" Tigra raised an eyebrow, "Guards of what?"

Adam: Adam pulled out a cigarette packet simply for something to do, seriously glad he'd had his meds just before coming here as he lit up, hand only shaking slightly. He didn't want to do this. He was being picked up by...other freaks and being taken God-knew-where and...fuck, that plane was cool.

Adam: Despite his...heh, misgivings and nervousness, there was a small part of him that was excited - he'd never been on a plane and had certainly never met anyone like himself.

Darren: "If you call those diving gimp suits well dressed, I think you need your fashion sense transplanted," Darren said as he started to open the door, "Okay kiddies, good to go, just try not to scare the poor sap."

Tigra: "Maybe I should come out last..." Tigra chewed her lip, "People tend to be a bit funny about fur...."

J: "Oh... Those... Yes, those need a bit of a make over... I was talking about my street clothes." He laughed and fidgeted with the sleeves of his suit. J got up and made his way to the opening door. "That might be a good idea." He nodded to Tigra.

Adam: Adam fidgeted with a fake dread as he looked back to the social workers, who smiled at him encouragingly, before looking back to the plane as the door began to open. The wind bought strange scents, and he automatically raised his head to catch them curiously.

Tigra: She tucked her russet hair behind her pointed ears and stood to one side to let the others step out ahead of her.

Darren: Darren pulled a cigarette out of his pocket and stuck it between his lips as he made his way to the door, looking every inch the scruffy-reprobate.

Adam: ...For some reason he was expecting silver robot men to trundle out and spout about peace and understanding...too many B-movies.

Darren: He tossed the guy a lazy salute as he disembarked, "Yo, dude."

Adam: Adam blinked, somehow a little disappointed with the first one he saw. No tentacles. Not yet, anyway...he didn't have a scent though, which was odd. "...Hi?"

J: "Hello Adam." He smiled as he stepped out behind Darren.

Tigra: Tigra walked out slowly, after J. Slightly irritated that the wind direction made it impossible for her to scent the other people there.

Adam: Ah, a suit. Yup, this was...nicely official. Adam relaxed a little. "Wow, you psychic? Because I don't believe I've introduced myse-the fuck is that?" He outright stared at the tiger-girl-thing. "You go to a Japanese convention on the way or something?"

Tigra: Tigra bit her tongue, holding back a retort. She was going to have to get used to this sort of reaction all over again. She waved. "Hi."

Adam: "It speaks?"

J: "Ah, no, she actually had the decency to show up at the school without us having to get her." He laughed.

Darren: Darren snorted, a spark of energy shooting from his finger and lighting his cigarette, "Heh, she's our mascot dude, don't worry."

Tigra: She narrowed her eyes at the back of Darren's head.

Darren: Darren grinned, turned his head around and winked at Tigra before walking over to Adam, "Nice to meet you, ah'm sure. My name's Darren Kent, you smoke?" He shook his cigarette packet at him.

Adam: Adam blinked at the cat-woman, not precisely scared of her but fascinated. "...Wow." The Irishman shook his head. "Well, I guess you guys are my ride." He scowled again to hide the lump in his throat, a social worker coming up with a piece of paper to sign. "Ah, yeah, someone'll have to sign for the parcel." He smirked.

Tigra: She flicked her tail from side to side, even more irritated now. Mascot indeed.

J: "And I am John Graves, but most people call me J. Like the letter." He smiled, "I'll handle the paper work." He moved over to speak with the social worker.

Darren: "He get's to do the paperwork since he's got a sensible hair-cut," Darren nodded, looking down at Adam's cases, "that all ya got, Twi'lek?"

Tigra: "You can call me Tigra." She told the boy, "And I'm not a mascot. Darren's just an asshole."

Adam: Adam snorted. "They're not real, and that's good, 'cause so'm I." He didn't look at the Yanks, keeping his eyes lowered as he finished his cigarette, before looking back over the scenery. Fuck, he was going to miss this place. "Yeah. Don't own much." He shrugged, rubbing his hands together again.

Tigra: The wind abated and Tigra used the opportunity to take a cursory sniff of the air to see if she could get anything useful scent-wise.

J: J filled out the paper work quickly, and looked it over once more to make sure everything was as it was supposed to be and handed it back over with a smile and a nod. "Alright, that bit is done." He said walking back over to the group and the uncomfortable silence between them.

Darren: "You're an asshole too? Never woulda guessed," Darren grinned, "bet I'm a bigger one than you though."

Adam: The social worker finished with the paperwork and came over to Adam, holding his hand out. Adam looked down at it and sneered. "Whatever, you don't like me and I'm nothing to do with you." He spat in gaidlig. "Not now the paper's been signed. Fuck off." He pushed past him to his bags.

Tigra: She wrinkled her nose at the scent of blood, wondering where the blood was from. Her eyebrows went up. Poor guy was scared... there was the normal response. Aggression.

J: "This is not really a competition I believe would be beneficial for those around you. Think that venture maybe an endevor for when you two are alone." He said pleasantly.

Darren: Darren raised an eyebrow and replied in the same language, "Huh, looks like I've got some decent competition, friend."

Adam: Adam froze, turning to look at the punk, eyes narrowed before he smirked and grabbed his bags. "I don't believe in competitions." He said in English, accent thick. "Let's just say I don't like being bothered. We going or what?"

Darren: "Shame, I'm highly competetive," Darren said, switching back to english also, "Sure thing, all aboard the love-jet," he made his way back up to begin preping for take-off.

Tigra: The wind picked up again and Tigra ruffled her fur against it. "Yeah let's get back on the jet." She put a hand on her hair to keep it from blowing into her face.

J: J shook his head as he followed Darren inside, climbing into the co-pilot seat once more and helping prep.

Adam: Adam looked back one last time at his beloved County Galway, grip tightening on his bags, before biting his lip and shaking himself out of it. He'd be back in a matter of weeks, when this lot got sick of him. He blurred into the plane, stopping at the interior. "...Wow."

Tigra: Tigra hopped back up onto her chair and crouched, watching Adam. Her tail tip flicked from side to side just off the floor. He moved fast.

Darren: "I know, sit down before you fall down," Darren said, his arms from the elbow down turning techno-organic as he fused with they jet's controls.

Adam: He placed his bags down, taking a seat away from the others, sniffing curiously as he ran gloved hands over the seats, before watching what the punk's arms were doing. Well, staring. Fuck, they really were freaks like him, weren't they? He quickly stopped petting the arm of his seat.

Tigra: The enclosed and not windy space gave a further opportunity to imprint a scent. She wasn't going to miss it. But she was still not going to be obvious about it.

J: J sent to him smiling.

Adam: That was met with the screech of metal from the arm of his seat being almost crushed in his grip, Adam's eyes widening as he tried to kill the sudden panic having a voice that wasn't his echo in his head. Fuck, fuck, please don't-

Darren: "Hey, hey, hey!" Darren called over his shoulder at the sound of metal protesting, "the fuck you think you're doing!?"

Tigra: Tigra nearly fell off her chair at the sudden strong scent of fear. She dug her claws in, which caused more damage to the seat given her enhanced strength.

Darren: "Quit fucking with the seats!"

Adam: Adam closed his eyes, concentrating on his breathing and so very, very glad he had his meds in his system still to keep him calm. "Wh-whatever th-that was, please don't do it again." He managed, voice shaking.

Darren: "Other people gotta sit on 'em!"

Tigra: "Sorry!" Tigra hopped off her chair and went to sit on the floor by Adam, "You okay?" She curled her tail around her.

J: J turned in his seat to see the commotion, already hearing in his mind everything Adam was screaming mentally. "Then you really need to calm down."

Darren: "What'd I miss?" Darren asked, "what's up, you don't suddenly have a fear of flying or anything, do ya?"

J: "I spoke to him mentally." He told him, "He's broadcasting loud enough I couldn't keep him out."

Tigra: Tigra chewed her lip, she didn't think it was fair to tell everyone that the guy was just scared. She looked over at J, "Probably shouldn't do that before you tell someone you're a telepath...."

Adam: Adam pulled his knees up to his chest, putting his forehead on his knees and forcing himself to calm. "Fine. I'm fine. No problem." He murmured. "Just - stay out of my fucking head."

Darren: "Don't you have shields?" Darren asked, while he was immune to telepathy he was dateing a psychic, "okay, everyone strap in, we're about to take off."

Adam: "...Shields?" Adam risked relaxing a little. "I've never fucking met another fucking fre-mutant, what do you fucking think?!"

Tigra: Tigra willed herself calm, managing a small quiet purr for the new guy in the hope it would help him calm down too. Even if he wasn't a cat, most humans found the sound of a cat purring quite soothing.

J: "Not my fault he doesn't know better to call people names." He frowned, "And if he is going to think so loudly I can't help but hear." He turned to Adam. "I am sorry." And smirked as he caught himself from repeating the 'freak' statement. "If you are this sensitive, will be something we need to work on first with him, don't you think?" He asked Darren.

Darren: "Actually that was to both of you," he shot single-letter-J a look, "you should be able to keep out unwanted thoughts, or you been sleeping through Chuckle's classes?"

J: "I can, but if he directs them at me I can still hear them." He shot back.

Adam: It certainly worked on Adam, who relaxed enough to uncurl and do as he was told, tightening his gloves and raking his hands through his fake dreads. He shot the...J kid a filthy look, before looking back at the cat curiously. "Wasn't directin' at no one."

Tigra: "Stop arguing, you're not helping...." She said, calmly. She looked up at Adam, giving him a small smile when he uncurled.

J: "You called the three of us 'freaks'." He replied, "In polite society, that is an insult." He shrugged his shoulder.

Darren: Darren looked between the two, "Wait, ah'm confused, Adam, you were projecting at single-letter-J?" He shot the new guy a suspecious look, his background check had cleared but it wouldn't be the first time someone had planted a student at the school.

Tigra: "I've been called worse things, J. It's fine, I don't find it offensive...." She rested her head on her knees, keeping up the purr because it was working on Adam... although it was also making her sleepy.

Adam: "No! I don't know! For fuck's sake, as far as I'm concerned I'm a freak of nature, alright? Just - fucking - stay out of my head!" Adam rubbed his face.

J: "I do." He shook his head, "Lets just get out of here." Newbies....

Tigra: She lifted her head to look at Adam again, "You think you have problems? At least you can go outside without getting stared at...." she gave him a sleepy smile.

Adam: "Why do you think I dress like this?" Adam smirked at her.

Darren: "You'll get psychic shield training at the school, par for the course," Darren said, shooting the new guy another wary look before taking off, Yep, been plenty of plants, I'm one of them!

Tigra: Her smile became a grin, "You seen what I'm wearing?" She got to her feet, "Gotta give them a good reason to stare..."

Adam: "That's...that's good." Adam purposely ignored the amount of skin that was being shown, staring out of the window as Ireland fell away beneath them. Vertical liftoff? Cool...wonder what sort of place this is that it's got its own mil-spec jet...?

Tigra: She swished her tail and hopped back into a seat, taking the one next to Adam this time.

J: J smirked, but refrained from answering him and kept his eyes on the window in front and the controls in front of him.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6