Spider-Man 4.... yeah it's happening.

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So I've been aware of this for a few months now but this latest news enthralled and disturbed me all at the same time.

John Malkovich is being considered for Toomes, a.k.a. the Vulture

Really guys?
Vulture?

Let's have Shocker & Mysterio & The Stiltman while we're at it.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Kensalyn
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Kensalyn »

Holy what the heck?!?

Seriously? Man, I wish it were April 1st right now so bad!
LIV4TheObsession
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LIV4TheObsession »

Ew. Ewewewewew. For a second I was all happy about Anne Hathaway being in it. But, what the hell are they thinking? I'm really not to bumed out about them not doing Lizard, but couldn't they have come up with -anything- else?
DeviantArt: http://liv4theobsession.deviantart.com/

"Your life is not back and white but it is the million shades of grey that make you who you are." ~ Unknown
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Burns my chaps, too, Liv, b/c they have INTRODUCED Connors three times now, right?

Altho I do think they can do a good job with Vulchy. I mean, Malkovich could play a fire hydrant and be interesting.

Don't fwd that to Marvel, tho -- they may actually cast him as one ...

Also, about 10 or so yrs ago, my grandgirl LOVED Godzilla (the remake) ... so what's the difficulty of having a Lizard? I mean, I would think the frikkin' SANDMAN would be harder to do , and they did a great job with him.

Ty, we need to get Raimi to hire us as, like, official consultants. With veto power. Get on it, pronto.

[Edited on 8/12/09 by Elfdame]
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

BitterBamfing
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BitterBamfing »

D: If Jurassic Park could make awesome looking dinos in the 90's why can't we see the Lizard on the big screen he's like a velociraptor in a lab coat. Also why wouldn't they just use Black Cat rather than making up some knock off.

Shifting gears I am really excited to see Hathaway will/may be in it.
LIV4TheObsession
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LIV4TheObsession »

BitterBamfing wrote:D: Also why wouldn't they just use Black Cat rather than making up some knock off.

Shifting gears I am really excited to see Hathaway will/may be in it.
I don't get that either. I mean, the fans all obviously wanted Black Cat, so why did they feel the need to change her? The new name also implies that they'll have her just be an extension to their other villian. It really seems like a set up to yet another weak female character.

Hopefully Anne Hathaway will make her stand out and not just sit in the background to attract the male audiences' gaze as happenes in a lot of other super hero films.

Anne Hathaway is friggin' amazing.
DeviantArt: http://liv4theobsession.deviantart.com/

"Your life is not back and white but it is the million shades of grey that make you who you are." ~ Unknown
Gaoshang Xiongshou
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Gaoshang Xiongshou »

It sounds like Hollywood is preparing to sink another beloved franchise.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I was hoping for Morbius.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Well Spider-Man 4 has been scraped since I posted this and it is now clear that they are rebooting the series.

It's posible that the actor who plays Dr. Cox on scrubs, John C. McGinley, is going to be Norman Osborne.

.....Kinda makes sense.

Everyone's being seriously aged down, they're starting at a back to basics, with a focus on Peter balancing his homelife and spider-man life. No one has confirmed anyone, or any actors, or any scripts or characters, however theyr'e saying parts of 4 got built into the script and Raimi is officially exec'ing and I believe Marc Webb is doing the directing (The guy who did "500 Days of Summer"...which is superb.)

So... it's in the right hands, it can be done well, but even the actors of the previous trilogy are saying (in so many words) 'Look, it's fine, good luck to them, but it might be too early'.

We'll see...

Spider-Man Film Franchise/Future Plans
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS