Tron: Legacy -- It's official

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So before it was just a test. To see if they could actually recreate Tron to look cooler, just a simple tease to comic fans at ComicCon 07. (06?)

Apparently the idea blew up from there into a huge, massive Disney project and turned into one of the biggest best kept secrets from their department.

It's official though, the New Tron Movie Tron Legacy is coming, and I gotta say

I'm fucking psyched.
This looks astounding!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Youtube link in case the quicktime one on the homesite isn't working.

This looks deliciously awesome. I wanna watch it!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

You know...I was probably one of the few people who actually went and saw the original in the cinema...though I was a kid. It was quite ahead of its time and failed to find an audience...though I believe it's developed something of a cult following now, yes?

This version does look pretty awesome (though Jeff Bridges is looking might old). So is it a sequel...a re-imagining...or what?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Sequel.

Also, apparently Daft Punk is doing the entire soundtrack. Not a fan of theirs, but they are good with this kind of music, so I expect they are a perfect fit.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

I saw it in the cinema as a 12 year old kid too...I thought it was meh. But yeah, it was ahead of it's time technically and it had an interesting and unique look. I mean, Moebius rocks. It will be interesting to see if they can come up with a believable story this time...

If you don't know who Moebius (Jean Giraud) is, check out the movies he has worked on. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Giraud 'nuff said...
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Yeah, I saw it in theaters as a kid too. Looked pretty, but, eh. I remember there was so much hype for the effects, which granted, at the time were pretty nifty. I can't remember much of a story...
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

There was a story?

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I think due to poor directing or possibly post-film editing, the story came off a bit wonky.

But there is a fairly strong Story Plot, actually. Relatively deep, got some decent inner turmoil and reflection there. You also got the question of "When does technology become too much?" which reoccurs frequently (or i thought so.)

Either way, it's a visually stunning movie (for its time and even now, if you look at their capabilities then), so to be fair, the movie is sort of under appreciated. Apparently even Ebert thinks this (go figure the guy's a crackpot) and started his first festival for "Overlooked Films" with Tron.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

I DO have the DVD...and the novalisation that came out when the movie did...I used to LOVE movie novalisations...I have stacks of them :D